Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostaris - 5950X 1GB RAM + 1vCore + 10GB NVME £2/month + £50 CREDIT GIVEAWAY - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostaris - 5950X 1GB RAM + 1vCore + 10GB NVME £2/month + £50 CREDIT GIVEAWAY

Comments

• @hostaris said:

@malignify said:
    They are not in Germany. They are tunneled. From Germany is almost double the ping.

@Maelstrom36 said:
    Which Frankfurt datacenter are you in?

Our network is currently set up with redundant tunnels from Terrahost to Hetzner. We were with Securebit (Frankfurt) originally but they had some serious issues with network performance which was affecting our revenue. At the time we couldn't find another viable provider so we settled (temporarily) for Terrahost.

At the moment we're currently waiting for Cogent to pull through with service delivery in Frankfurt, which is why the service is labeled as based in Frankfurt.

I understand that this setup is not everyone's cup of tea, but we are very proud of it and are confident in its reliability and performance. We've seen full Gbit speeds on VMs in many countries in Europe, and we have never seen any packet loss. We have had this setup for 3 months now and it hasn't let us down. You can check out any outages we've had on our status page: https://status.hostaris.com. Our latest issue was 2 months ago and was caused by Securebit resetting its filters.

If you are not happy with this setup, you can always be migrated to our UK servers (owned) when they are in stock.

Isn't this false advertising then? To label and to put the impression that they are in Frankfurt, when they are not? There's no mention of this being tunneled or how it is set up in the post.

Thanked by 1v3ng
  • hostarishostaris Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2023

@malignify said:
    Isn't this false advertising then? To label and to put the impression that they are in Frankfurt, when they are not? There's no mention of this being tunneled or how it is set up in the post.

If you want to put it that way. As I said, it's a temporary arrangement until Cogent delivers our Frankfurt infrastructure. If a customer is not happy with the temporary added-on 5ms from other infrastructure in Germany we are happy for them to contact us about it.

Personally, I don't see why I should have disclosed that the network is tunneled. That as a fact on its own shouldn't have to be disclaimed, just because other players in the industry have given it a bad reputation. You wouldn't really tell customers about all your routers and switches in an advertisement.

Of course if this was a permanent solution where we were tunneling from Amsterdam, we would've disclaimed it in the post, but it would've caused a whole bunch of confusion if we were to tell people that the IPs are announced in Amsterdam but will soon be announced in Frankfurt.

• @hostaris said:

@malignify said:

If you want to put it that way. As I said, it's a temporary arrangement until Cogent delivers our Frankfurt infrastructure. If a customer is not happy with the temporary added-on 5ms from other infrastructure in Germany we are happy for them to contact us about it.

Personally, I don't see why I should have disclosed that the network is tunneled. That as a fact on its own shouldn't have to be disclaimed, just because other players in the industry have given it a bad reputation. You wouldn't really tell customers about all your routers and switches in an advertisement.

To avoid any confusion, I'm not saying that tunneling is bad or complaining about it. I'm just replying to someone's question and stating the fact that it was not mentioned. This temporary arrangement also wasn't mentioned when it should, for the sake of transparency. It could have just been a short note to mention that it's tunneled and this is just a temporary set up while the infrastructure is being built, which customers will then experience better network latency or performance when it's ready. This is all from me.

• masgovmasgov Member

Welcome to LET and wishing you a great sale!

@malignify said:
    To avoid any confusion, I'm not saying that tunneling is bad or complaining about it. I'm just replying to someone's question and stating the fact that it was not mentioned. This temporary arrangement also wasn't mentioned when it should, for the sake of transparency. It could have just been a short note to mention that it's tunneled and this is just a temporary set up while the infrastructure is being built, which customers will then experience better network latency or performance when it's ready. This is all from me.

Understood. If we're still waiting by the time there's another offer I'll put something on the post.

• dav848dav848 Member

Nice offer,only Frankfurt,not uk?

@dav848 said:
    Nice offer,only Frankfurt,not uk?

UK is currently out of capacity, should have some in about a week.

• Giveaway is nice!

• Sounds good

• alexlualexlu Member

Nice offer :D

• kerm1kerm1 Member

VPS ID 461

• ourvdsourvds Member

good luck🤝

• @FiberSuds said:
    ID: 456

Thanks!

Will you have more locations in the future?

Hi @hostaris

• any file downloading test available ?

@kerm1 said:
    VPS ID 461

Done.

@FiberSuds said:
    ID: 456

Thanks!

Will you have more locations in the future?

Missed you, apologies. We have the UK but it's currently at capacity, and we are looking into more locations but there is no definite answer.

Doubled NVMe, you will need to reboot the VM from the panel.

edited June 2023

@mailuser said:
    any file downloading test available ?

Not at the minute no, I can spin up an iperf server if that'll help?

iperf3 -c 45.158.9.73 -p 5201

• Thanks for the your giveaway ,and good luck with best sales!

• 1allen1allen Member

looks nice 👍

• amaalexamaalex Barred
    edited June 2023

@hostaris
    making the entries for the giveaways
    VM ID's : 359 435 440 442

• @hostaris said:

@mailuser said:
    any file downloading test available ?

Not at the minute no, I can spin up an iperf server if that'll help?

iperf3 -c 45.158.9.73 -p 5201

thanks , it helped :D

• dosaidosai Member

Count me in.

• hanadahanada Member
    edited June 2023

@hostaris said:

@leegrayson said:
    ID:457
    Thanks!
    can I apply double the RAM rather than NVMe SSD.

Can't do that, sorry - but your NVMe has been applied. You will need to reboot from the panel

@linconbb said:
    Thank you very much, and hope you do it well. ID: 458

Done. You will need to reboot from the panel

@wyy1621 said:
    btw, Can I get double SSD after 21st?

Yes.

@lastdomain said:
    please double your NVMe SSD, VPS ID 459

thanks

Done. You will need to reboot from the panel.

@hanada said:
    Thank you very much. My VPS ID is 460.

Done. You will need to reboot from the panel.

@hotsnow said:
    VPS ID 172 B)

As yours was pre-existing beforehand, I can't offer double NVMe, but you can be entered into the giveaway twice.

After I restarted my VM through the panel, the size of the hard disk has not changed. Is there anything else I need to do?

Also, regarding the £50 points, is it issued after the 21st?

@hanada said:

After I restarted my VM through the panel, the size of the hard disk has not changed. Is there anything else I need to do?

What's the VM ID again?

Yes, the £50 is issued after the 21st to the winner of the giveaway.

• hanadahanada Member

@hostaris said:

@hanada said:

What's the VM ID again?

Yes, the £50 is issued after the 21st to the winner of the giveaway.

ID 460

Other than that, I don't seem to find any other IDs on the panel

• htophtop Member

Welcome to LET and wishing you a great sale!

@hanada said:
    ID 460

Should be applied now.

• hanadahanada Member

@hostaris said:

@hanada said:
    ID 460

Should be applied now.

Confirmed ok, thank you

• Just want to confirm bandwidth is truly unlimited?

Need a VPS to act as a tunnel for a temporary file storage website, I am not sure how much bandwidth will be consumed, could be 10TB or around 60-70TB, is there any cap?

• @hostaris said: Unmetered bandwidth @ 1Gbps

any FUP for the bandwith?

@anubhavhirani said:
    Just want to confirm bandwidth is truly unlimited?

Need a VPS to act as a tunnel for a temporary file storage website, I am not sure how much bandwidth will be consumed, could be 10TB or around 60-70TB, is there any cap?

@supremasi said:

@hostaris said: Unmetered bandwidth @ 1Gbps

any FUP for the bandwith?

Averaging 200Mbps or more over longer than 3 hours is considered abuse. (Subject to change)

If you're consuming a lot of bandwidth we may ask you to upgrade your service to make up for the loss.