Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Debian 12 "bookworm" released - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Debian 12 "bookworm" released

13»

Comments

• 12.4 point release is available.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • sirs,

the content of /etc/apt/sources.list is identical on two @Advin vps. on one vps there are no upgrades and it gets stuck here:

6.1.0-13-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Debian 6.1.55-1 (2023-09-29) x86_64 GNU/Linux

the upgrades work on the other vps and the latest version is running there:

6.1.0-16-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Debian 6.1.67-1 (2023-12-12) x86_64 GNU/Linux

what is the reason for this? how can i prepare the vps with 6.1.0-13-amd64 so that it can always get the latest upgrades?

• maverickmaverick Member
    edited December 2023

@hyperblast said: what is the reason for this? how can i prepare the vps with 6.1.0-13-amd64 so that it can always get the latest upgrades?

apt-get install linux-image-amd64

then the usual:

apt-get update
    apt-get dist-upgrade

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • Anyone have any tips on getting python apps working on Debian 12 that require an older version of Python other than 3.11.x?

• @chitree said:
    Anyone have any tips on getting python apps working on Debian 12 that require an older version of Python other than 3.11.x?

pyenv or containers

Thanked by 1chitree
  • @maverick said:

@hyperblast said: what is the reason for this? how can i prepare the vps with 6.1.0-13-amd64 so that it can always get the latest upgrades?

then the usual:

apt-get update
    apt-get dist-upgrade

@maverick said:

then the usual:

apt-get update
    apt-get dist-upgrade

Cloudflare Ray ID: 84129e38eae8d8fe @DP

wanted to answer this: https://paste.dismail.de/?2cbe50feae24a555#FGxGDnZjLv73C5JMn93xJFysCKrYZB4Lpf8UXj4kkse4

cloudflare got triggered... why?

• will they support php 5.5?

• @blackhiden said:
    will they support php 5.5?

no. they support only php 2.17

• Ah, you're using cloud image, so it's a bit different. But, then... you already have linux-image-cloud-amd64 installed, and it has already pulled the newest linux-image-6.1.0-17-cloud-amd64 kernel. You just need to reboot to switch to it.

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • @hyperblast said:
    no. they support only php 2.17

that's awesome. let's go bookworm.