Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HAZI.ro - Migration in progress - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HAZI.ro - Migration in progress

Comments

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

@FlorinMarian said:
    WTF is this?

This is on how many nodes?

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2023

@host_c said:
    Hombre, are you really using KVM ( ATEN )? what happened to iDRAC?

Yes, it is faster when I reinstall an OS and also virtual media is buggy on storage server.

Happy to see you have a Gen 13 Dell.

I always had DDR4 DIMMs on hazi.ro

The 2.5 Inch 2 bay unit is it a shelf or server?

Server, Dell R630

If you need shelf, I have 2 for sale, 1 DELL 1220 and 1 NETAPP, both with dual SAS Controllers @ 6GBPS, The shelf's work with SATA drives also.

If in need of 10/25/40/100GBPS DAC/AOC/SFP+ contact me, I will give you a nice % off.

@host_c said:

@FlorinMarian said:
    WTF is this?

This is on how many nodes?

6 nodes

@host_c said:

@FlorinMarian said: we had to pay 12 euros per month for each extra 1U

where was this? we actually pay 30 now, LOL!

Telesystem, Bacau

@FlorinMarian said: Telesystem, Bacau

Hmm, I feel robed :smiley:

edited July 2023

Florin, if in need of 10G+ stuff, contact me.

By the way, now you are officially at home with your brand, hazi=house in Hungarian. :wink:

Thanked by 2Levi Calin

@host_c said:

@FlorinMarian said: Telesystem, Bacau

Hmm, I feel robed :smiley:

Probably you will feel better after yabs(network speed).

@host_c said:
    Florin, if in need of 10G+ stuff, contact me.

Sure but I won’t need anything for a while.

@host_c said:
    By the way, now you are officially at home with your brand, hazi=house in Hungarian. :wink:

Yeah, I knew about it.

• I enjoy looking these machines, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy

@listerine90 said:

I enjoy looking these machines, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy

It's definitely not hot there.

Then why feel fuzzy? We have two independent servers (HP CL3100 G3 & Dell R630) if we look from bottom to top and above a blade with 4 independent nodes, each with 6 SSDs out of the 24.

Florin, what is the power usage of those 4 blades? at idle as you have them now?

Please man, drop the RJ45 :smiley: And get some decent power cords, those are...... well not for 300W upwards.

It is starting look good.

edited July 2023

use power cords from FS, see in the picture, the will not melt under load.

You can see the difference in diameter of the power cord, those will take 16A at 220V.

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@host_c said: use power cords from FS, see in the picture, the will not melt under load.

>

Yes very true and PDUs from ATEN (my I'm usage this model) , In the past it has actually happened to us that cables melt because they were put right in front of the server, or extension cords

After change to C13-C14 and professional PDUs this problem fixed

Regards

Well, Calin, any decent Data-center will send you home with those black C13-C14 power cord that you buy for 5 bucks.

RDS-RCS actually checked those before they let us power on all servers.

You can see the black, 5USD ones are so thin compared to Quality stuff.

Picture was taken when we de-commissioned our VNX and a few HP servers, we used standard cables for a few ours until we finished migrating services.

Thanked by 1Calin
    edited July 2023

@host_c said:
    Florin, what is the power usage of those 4 blades? at idle as you have them now?

About 450W.

Please man, drop the RJ45 :smiley: And get some decent power cords, those are...... well not for 300W upwards.

I use RJ45 only on the Dell server that does not have a network card that supports SFP+ and temporarily on one of the 4 nodes until the network card arrives from the UK to replace the faulty one.

Thanks

@host_c said:

https://altex.ro/cablu-de-alimentare-pc-hama-29934-1-5m-ngru/cpd/CAB29934/#additional
    The cables have a maximum capacity of 2200VA and my PSUs are 300, 550, 750 and 1600VA.
    In the future I will also change the type of PDU + the cables used, personally I had no idea that there were other options since I was in DC taking the servers to the colocation with PC power cables like the ones from the URL above.

@FlorinMarian said:

@host_c said:

About 450W.

I use RJ45 only on the Dell server that does not have a network card that supports SFP+ and temporarily on one of the 4 nodes until the network card arrives from the UK to replace the faulty one.

Thanks

@host_c said:

https://altex.ro/cablu-de-alimentare-pc-hama-29934-1-5m-ngru/cpd/CAB29934/#additional
    The cables have a maximum capacity of 2200VA and my PSUs are 300, 550, 750 and 1600VA.
    In the future I will also change the type of PDU + the cables used, personally I had no idea that there were other options since I was in DC taking the servers to the colocation with PC power cables like the ones from the URL above.

Florin, those are TRASH!!!!. We usually throw them in the garbage.

You really do not want to cut corners at power cables.

Get some C13-C14 PDU and quality cables, you do not have 300 servers, so the expense is not that much, but you will sleep better at night, trust us.

edited July 2023

@host_c said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@host_c said:

About 450W.

Thanks

@host_c said:

Florin, those are TRASH!!!!. We usually throw them in the garbage.

You really do not want to cut corners at power cables.

Get some C13-C14 PDU and quality cables, you do not have 300 servers, so the expense is not that much, but you will sleep better at night, trust us.

For the moment I do not consume more than 1.2KWh while using 8 different sockets of the PDU (PDU which has a nominal power of 3.5KWh).
    I will take your recommendation into account in the future.
    Thank you!

@FlorinMarian said: I will take your recommendation into account in the future.

PLease do, I do not wish you to be the next OVHcloud event.

Hey!
    We just got our CCTV system:)

• can't go cheaper than that

@alexroeu said:
    can't go cheaper than that

How much means “cheap”?

Thanked by 1Levi
  • My training course "How much cheap is cheaper than cheap" is available on udemy.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @alexroeu said:

The dude spend 15k to host 2 servers in his house. Let the man live his dream.

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • MrLimeMrLime Member

@AndreiGhesi said:

@alexroeu said:

Well said. I support OP with this adventure! I enjoy reading the progress reports too.

• SululuSululu Member

LET> @MrLime said:

@AndreiGhesi said:

@alexroeu said:

Well said. I support OP with this adventure! I enjoy reading the progress reports too.

I also enjoy reading the progress reports, rooting for you @FlorinMarian !

Hey!
    Late last night, with the help of my brothers, I finished installing the CCTV system.

• snow2ksnow2k Member

@FlorinMarian said:
    Hey!
    Late last night, with the help of my brothers, I finished installing the CCTV system.

Need higher quality to identify burglar.

@snow2k said:

@FlorinMarian said:
    Hey!

Need higher quality to identify burglar.

As you see, there is “Medium” on each cam, and that reffers to the stream output quality, on TV the image is very clear in 1920p

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2023

@FlorinMarian said:
    Hey!

Just FYI, from a security standpoint, it's not wise to show what your cameras can (and can't) see. If anyone was going to steal your servers it's because they know they exist from this thread.

Also, invest in some cheap IR flood-lights for night time. If your cameras have night vision, chances are the on-board IR light sucks. A $100 on Amazon and you can get several decent quality outdoor rated IR flood lights and place where needed to make dark areas more visible. Just be aware of where the IR shadows will lay so they're not falling in the frame of another camera, etc.

Thanked by 2yoursunny adly

@MannDude said:

@FlorinMarian said:
    Hey!

Just FYI, from a security standpoint, it's not wise to show what your cameras can (and can't) see. If anyone was going to steal your servers it's because they know they exist from this thread.

Also, invest in some cheap IR flood-lights for night time. If your cameras have night vision, chances are the on-board IR light sucks. A $100 on Amazon and you can get several decent quality outdoor rated IR flood lights and place where needed to make dark areas more visible. Just be aware of where the IR shadows will lay so they're not falling in the frame of another camera, etc.

Hello!
    I also thought about the fact that it is a risk to show what the cameras are filming, but at the same time no one guarantees that the cameras will stay in this position and at the same time, let's not forget that 5 people live here permanently, even 6 occasionally.
    I have servers of a maximum of 6000 euros that weigh over 100 kg together, they are neither user to steal nor very expensive to capitalize.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Yeah, it ain't worth it even in Romania.

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian