Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


SEO - nightmare of a webmaster life
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SEO - nightmare of a webmaster life

Hi.
I am working as a webmaster for over 10 years. But which really scare me around site content, ui/ux, server configuration and all other things is SEO. I dont know why i failed on this sector even studying it more then anything else. As a example, i am working on a movie series site for last 3 years. Site design is perfect, user experience is good, content is too good, onpage seo is good also. By using fiverr make site DA is 50+ DR is 50+ also.Have around 60k backlinks. But i am getting around 1k-2k unique visitor daily only. It’s not getting more then this. I am really frustrated about this. Where i can get proper SEO guide and what should i do buy for my site from seo freelancing service?

«13

Comments

  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member

    More backlinks doesn’t always mean more. In fact, it can hurt you.

    Thanked by 1Dazzle
  • bdspicebdspice Member

    @SirFoxy said:
    More backlinks doesn’t always mean more. In fact, it can hurt you.

    Then what will help me?

  • does SEO even matter anymore?
    google already removed paged search; your website in n pages isn't relevant anymore. I even found this forum using Bing chat's 'AI'. 
    if your audience is people with brains, improve your content. if your target is brainless consoomer, pay up for ads lol

  • corbpiecorbpie Member

    Stop trying to take shortcuts. No site instantly becomes top-ranked especially in a saturated topic

    Thanked by 2yoursunny ariq01
  • sean456sean456 Member

    @ScreenReader said:
    does SEO even matter anymore?
    google already removed paged search; your website in n pages isn't relevant anymore. I even found this forum using Bing chat's 'AI'. 
    if your audience is people with brains, improve your content. if your target is brainless consoomer, pay up for ads lol

    Agreed !!

  • ralfralf Member

    @bdspice said:
    Site design is perfect, user experience is good, content is too good, onpage seo is good also.

    If it's the site in your signature, I'd say it looks like quite a clean design, but scrolling through a couple of pages, I didn't see a single film I'd be interested in, so I wouldn't go back to it again. Maybe it'd get a better reception with Indian visitors as it seemed to have a lot of what I assume was Bollywood.

    More annoyingly, I had THREE popups of varying aggressiveness demanding I install flash before I could do anything. Aside from the fact that flash was removed from most browsers around 5 years ago, so this makes it look like your site hasn't really been maintained in all that time, I could still browse the rest of the site without flash, so I'm guessing flash was only needed to force adverts on me to make the experience even worse. The first time, was opening a new link that tried to automatically install flash, that I cancelled. Immediately, I got a popup saying I needed flash. Third time was a few seconds later - a large full-screen banner in the page saying I had to have flash. At that point, I'd totally lost interest in looking at your site.

    None of this has anything to do with SEO, but how quickly you'll push away any visitor who does happen to find you.

  • NanjaNanja Member
    edited May 2023

    That site in OP's signature... I can't even access that site.
    I get message

    Its Look Like You Are Using An AdBlock, Thats ok Who Doesnt?
    But Without Advertising We Cant Keep This Site Running.

    [ Please Deactive adblock and refresh this page ]

    I know that you generate income from ads. I happen to be one of the people that never disable adblock for anything.

    I don't know, but how could I even see what is available to watch if all I see is anti adblock.
    I guess I am just one of the people you don't want viewing your site, since you won't generate as much income from me viewing site.

    In my adblock, I do allow for ads on website. Not click bait or popup ads though.

  • kuroitkuroit Member, Patron Provider

    This site can’t be reached
    flixsix.com took too long to respond.

    :/

  • @Nanja said:
    That site in OP's signature... I can't even access that site.
    I get message

    Its Look Like You Are Using An AdBlock, Thats ok Who Doesnt?
    But Without Advertising We Cant Keep This Site Running.

    [ Please Deactive adblock and refresh this page ]

    I know that you generate income from ads. I happen to be one of the people that never disable adblock for anything.

    I don't know, but how could I even see what is available to watch if all I see is anti adblock.
    I guess I am just one of the people you don't want viewing your site, since you won't generate as much income from me viewing site.

    In my adblock, I do allow for ads on website. Not click bait or popup ads though.

    Just visited his site on mobile, is just wow, cancer city add convention. No wonder people use add blockers.

    Thanked by 2Void Frameworks
  • NanjaNanja Member
    edited May 2023

    I looked at some of your backlinks to try to help you with SEO

    www.smithmag.ne t

    This one is on a story telling website, not even related to movies...
    One a single page there is random comments and most of them look like bots.

      <li class="alt" id="comment-1641142">
          <small class="commentmetadata"><a href="#comment-1641142" >title="">8.23.22&mdash;1:36 pm</a> </small>
          <cite><a href='https://flixsix.com' rel='external nofollow'>sanjoy yadav >yadu</a></cite> 
          
    

    Watch movie and series on my website.

      </li>
    

    miroslavdelicia.blogspot.co m /

    Another website, which is a blogsite... Has 50 backlinks on one page along with yours. There's nothing even on that page.
    Not even visible on the page itself, just in page source.

    <a flixsix.co m

    It goes on like this for a number of websites, probably more than 50% of your backlinks.
    I haven't looked at SEO stuff in a long time, but if I remember right... I believe those type of backlinks are considered bad and/or toxic backlinks.

    This is considered bad backlinks...

        Low domain authority
        Site has explicit content
        Spammy websites
        Site is unrelated to the topic
        Comes from a link farm
        Too many links in the content
    

    The problem with this is that your website gets penalized by search engines. You will drop in rankings and your page might not even show up in a search.

    Man, you have so many bad backlinks... It hurts your SEO, can you even fix that?

    Edit: format of this post didn't show correctly and I space the links so they didn't lead anywhere, but hey.. you get what I mean.

  • rcy026rcy026 Member
    edited May 2023

    I tried to look at your website but it told me I have an adblocker and then sent me into redirection hell.

    Not even if it was ranked first on Google would I ever visit that crap again! If SEO is the nightmare of webmasters, you are the nightmare of websurfers.

  • sandozsandoz Veteran

    Your main issue: Time.

    You need time to rank up in Search Engines.
    That happens a lot with beginners, the website needs to be always update like news? If not, left him alone for 6 Months or 1 Year then come back.

    But don't put him offline of course that is dumb. How many articles it have? Usually with 40-80 articles you start to see a jump.

  • LeviLevi Member

    SEO is just a bullshit. Create periodic content which attracts X audience. No magic, no optimization.

  • sandozsandoz Veteran

    @LTniger said:
    SEO is just a bullshit. Create periodic content which attracts X audience. No magic, no optimization.

    Yes 50% is true. But titles and keywords really gives a boost. Not fully.

  • MumblyMumbly Member

    @bdspice said: Site design is perfect, user experience is good, content is too good, onpage seo is good also.

  • NanjaNanja Member
    edited May 2023

    @Mumbly said:

    @bdspice said: Site design is perfect, user experience is good, content is too good, onpage seo is good also.

    VirusTotal

    I don't think it's bad.

    Mal/HTMLGen-A is the threat name associated with web content blocked by Sophos products using the reputation filtering functionality.

    Note: Mal/HTMLGen-A is not detection of a malware payload on an infected machine. Instead it indicates a Sophos product blocking access to a remote website we believe to be either malicious (a site whose sole purpose is to infect users with malware) or compromised (a legitimate site, but one that has been hacked in order to infect or redirect users).

    Edit: I lied, it is bad. I went to ://flixsix.com/ and viewed source and found that infected site. I open it up on a virtual machine and it was a link to some autorun javascript.

    This is the javascript in virustotal

    Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • MumblyMumbly Member

    At least he's getting some backlinks, etc ... :P

    Thanked by 1ehab
  • armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

    Do not purchase backlinks packages from Fiver. It won't help but actually make it worse for your SEO.

    Thanked by 2bdspice 404error
  • NanjaNanja Member
    edited May 2023

    I am trying to show how I don't understand why his page source has that link set to autorun on his website aswell.
    Anytime I try to put it on here, no matter how I word it. Cloudflare blocks me for putting malware on LET. lmao

    Basically in his body if you view source of his main page on his website, it doesn't link to the malware website itself, but to a javascript file that auto runs on that malwared site.

    Who knows, it might not even be malware, sorry if I am wrong.. It's just don't understand why link to a .js on that site that is flagged though.

    @bdspice are you even aware this happens? Did you put that there or did someone do it without you realizing?

  • inlandinland Member

    Doesn't Google punish or remove sites with pirated content nowadays? This site is all pirated content.

    @LTniger said: SEO is just a bullshit. Create periodic content which attracts X audience. No magic, no optimization.

    How would one kickstart a new site with no traffic and no backlinks? It takes years to get anywhere.

    Thanked by 1Plioser
  • VoidVoid Member

    @AndreiGhesi said:

    @Nanja said:
    That site in OP's signature... I can't even access that site.
    I get message

    Its Look Like You Are Using An AdBlock, Thats ok Who Doesnt?
    But Without Advertising We Cant Keep This Site Running.

    [ Please Deactive adblock and refresh this page ]

    I know that you generate income from ads. I happen to be one of the people that never disable adblock for anything.

    I don't know, but how could I even see what is available to watch if all I see is anti adblock.
    I guess I am just one of the people you don't want viewing your site, since you won't generate as much income from me viewing site.

    In my adblock, I do allow for ads on website. Not click bait or popup ads though.

    Just visited his site on mobile, is just wow, cancer city add convention. No wonder people use add blockers.

    I got eye cancer and my phone has internet AIDS now

  • varwwwvarwww Member

    If the site you are mentioning is flixsix.com from your signature, I think you will not be able to use SEO / promote it properly due to legal issues (DMCA). It is piracy and your domain is already listed in many Lumen Database complaints. You do not own the rights to the content. Your domain may also get blocked/blacklisted suddenly by the major search engines.

    Thanked by 1Plioser
  • LeviLevi Member

    "Its Look Like You Are Using An AdBlock, Thats ok Who Doesnt?
    But Without Advertising We Cant Keep This Site Running.

    [ Please Deactive adblock and refresh this page ]"

    Well... Pirated content should be banned entirely from search engines. Good luck with your venture.

    Regards,
    RIAA

  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member

    As others and myself have said:

    1) backlinks are not as significant as they used to be. few high quality backlinks that are relevant to the niche will work much better.

    2) good content is king. keywords too but don’t stuff them. your site as is has to have a huge bounce rate.

    3) ctr. good headlines and click through rates get rewarded by Google because it tells them it’s valuable content that should be shown to others

    4) that niche is very, very saturated and most monetization platforms won’t allow it.

  • bdspicebdspice Member

    Thank you everyone for long discussion about my one of site. But this is not my headache actually. I have another one movie series website similar to this which is my headache actually. But the fact is same. Both site not getting enough organic traffic as expected according to there content. Those movie-series websites are my side project. I am actually intend to do blogging on media news related to movie series. So i am trying to understand how SEO really work for website. Because i didn’t see any big improvement in 3 years. But similar competitor websites have 50 to 100x more traffic with same content. And such pirates websites have similar popads and full page ads issues. But still they are managed to get huge traffic, i wonder how 🤔

  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member

    @bdspice said:
    Thank you everyone for long discussion about my one of site. But this is not my headache actually. I have another one movie series website similar to this which is my headache actually. But the fact is same. Both site not getting enough organic traffic as expected according to there content. Those movie-series websites are my side project. I am actually intend to do blogging on media news related to movie series. So i am trying to understand how SEO really work for website. Because i didn’t see any big improvement in 3 years. But similar competitor websites have 50 to 100x more traffic with same content. And such pirates websites have similar popads and full page ads issues. But still they are managed to get huge traffic, i wonder how 🤔

    Don't even waste your time.

    Those grey/black hat advertising platform's literally pay tenths of pennies when a white hat platform could pay you a dollar per targeted click.

  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

    Leave warez, its so 2000!

    Thanked by 1Plioser
  • bdspicebdspice Member

    @Nanja said:
    I am trying to show how I don't understand why his page source has that link set to autorun on his website aswell.
    Anytime I try to put it on here, no matter how I word it. Cloudflare blocks me for putting malware on LET. lmao

    Basically in his body if you view source of his main page on his website, it doesn't link to the malware website itself, but to a javascript file that auto runs on that malwared site.

    Who knows, it might not even be malware, sorry if I am wrong.. It's just don't understand why link to a .js on that site that is flagged though.

    @bdspice are you even aware this happens? Did you put that there or did someone do it without you realizing?

    No. I am not aware or know what. Js file you are talking. Can you please provide me which one should remove?

  • NanjaNanja Member

    @bdspice said:

    @Nanja said:
    I am trying to show how I don't understand why his page source has that link set to autorun on his website aswell.
    Anytime I try to put it on here, no matter how I word it. Cloudflare blocks me for putting malware on LET. lmao

    Basically in his body if you view source of his main page on his website, it doesn't link to the malware website itself, but to a javascript file that auto runs on that malwared site.

    Who knows, it might not even be malware, sorry if I am wrong.. It's just don't understand why link to a .js on that site that is flagged though.

    @bdspice are you even aware this happens? Did you put that there or did someone do it without you realizing?

    No. I am not aware or know what. Js file you are talking. Can you please provide me which one should remove?

    First line

    I ran it in a sandbox, 100/100 malware threat score.

    Here is scan

    Also,
    This is probably what flagged it

    I don't know why it would do that, but there it is.

    Thanked by 1bdspice
  • I think your site has been hacked.

Sign In or Register to comment.