Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What’s your actual experience with web hosting from MyW.pt?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What’s your actual experience with web hosting from MyW.pt?

o_be_oneo_be_one Member

Hello all,

I’m a customer since few years and since less than 1 year I’m encountering different issues, so i wanted to know if I’m alone or if it’s something more common before i move to another web hosting solution.

Before talking more about that, MyW.pt LTD offer is a really great deal and @MikePT is a really friendly provider. I go « cheap way » because I help non profit org to have online presence for free, offering my IT experience and licences when they are reseller one. Not here to blame MyW, but here to find a solution so hosting get stable and i can have happy volunteers ˆˆ.

Availability issue

Actually i have 2 WordPress installed using Softaculous, one is a prod one and the other one is just to test the hosting. Both have only like 4 plugins :

• A builder (Bricks or Breakdance)
  • LSCache
  • Super Page Cache for Cloudflare
  • Loginizer

I monitor both of them using PingBreak and HetrixTools. Both get several downtimes for few minutes.

I’ve read on Reddit i’ve seen some people talking about issue with MyW.pt US DirectAdmin server (something related to DirectAdmin custombuild switch the web to Apache instead of LiteSpeed i think; but this should be fixed since few months now i guess).

Do you have some downtime like that? Is it something you found a workaround?

Backup issue

I do use automatic backup included in Softaculous. Looks like it’s not working properly for local backup: it simply doesn’t backup. I’ve opened a ticket but support suggest to set a remote backup, something i already did as i can’t keep my prod without regular backups.

Thanks for your feedback :).

Thanked by 1MikePT

Comments

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

which server are you on?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • mwtmwt Member

My monitor gives 100% for the last 30 days in LA.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • I just feel it's super fast for a cheap hosting.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • nullroutenullroute Member, Host Rep

MyW.pt practices unsustainable lifetime offers, a non-profit company does not exist, the end will be similar to NexusBytes, just stay away.

HostMantis remained at the same level of quality even after being controlled by DynamicHosting, but now its prices follow the level of quality offered.

• drizbodrizbo Member

I host one site on their DE server, got 99.9561% uptime from July 22

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • scookescooke Member

"MyW.pt" - go by the name. If it's weird, it's off... if not now, then eventually.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

Performance has been stellar for me. Didn't run into any issues (Germany location).

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @bruh21 said: which server are you on?

On DE and LA, my issues are on LA. DE is quite stable at this time.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@o_be_one said:

@bruh21 said: which server are you on?

he did switch LA to a less “premium” looking host a little while back. maybe there is a bit of instability there in terms of network or something. SG has worked fine for me, but i do not have LA so i cannot comment

Thanked by 2MikePT o_be_one
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited May 2023

Hey there everyone,

--

The LA location is with perfectip.net, and it sucks. We're looking to migrate from it ASAP, though we're looking for a provider that can match what we have there and it takes time to find a comparable offer, especially with Ryzen and 4x SSD's.
    The reason why I say it sucks is due to the fact that we've noticed the whole Datacenter down pretty often - I wasn't able to find any issues in the last few days but I believe that you may indeed be facing a network issue.

I'd be more than happy to recreate your hosting accounts in either SG or DE. The DE location is by far the most stable, whereas the SG location is with RansomIT and their network rocks, I trust it'll also be stable for many years to come.

In regards to Softaculous, it often breaks. I hate Softaculous, seriously!
    Their support asks for server access which I will in no way provide them with.

edited May 2023

@nullroute said:
    MyW.pt practices unsustainable lifetime offers, a non-profit company does not exist, the end will be similar to NexusBytes, just stay away.

HostMantis remained at the same level of quality even after being controlled by DynamicHosting, but now its prices follow the level of quality offered.

We've explained our business model over and over. The company has been alive for 7 years already. As a Host Rep yourself, your comment makes you look pretty bad IMO.

@o_be_one said:

@bruh21 said:

@o_be_one said:

he did switch LA to a less “premium” looking host a little while back. maybe there is a bit of instability there in terms of network or something. SG has worked fine for me, but i do not have LA so i cannot comment

Yep definitely. The issue with perfectip.net is due to their shitty network and uptime. Power doesn't seem to be an issue there, but why do they suffer so much packetloss and even often have their whole DC offline? I've asked for information from them but they never send me the full RFO. I gave up. It's a matter of keeping it for some more time then migrate, or just colocate our servers. I wish Ryzen mobo's weren't so expensive though... (and that could support 4xNVMe without PCI Adapters), TL;DR: In progress.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/175697/lifetime-myw-bf-deal-shared-hosting#latest

i run mostly email on it
    again, you can even check if it's up....
    so far so good

Thanked by 1MikePT

@MikePT
    if you’re having trouble with softaculous, you should be able to add prepaid credit in their system or you can buy through a reseller with a decent billing system such as licensepal

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • o_be_oneo_be_one Member
    edited May 2023

@MikePT said: We've explained our business model over and over. The company has been alive for 7 years already. As a Host Rep yourself, your comment makes you look pretty bad IMO.

I'm customer since what.. 2 or 3 years? On DE and LA. DE has been awesome! LA is actually in a bad shape and i appreciate you shared more information regarding that.

For a 80 euros hosting for few years, honestly, its more than what i was expecting, and we still see you around, support answer are quite quick, etc. It's one of those lucky LTD we can catch and feel confident at this time (i mean, for me and years im customer, it worthed it and beside actual issue on LA the power we have is amazing).

@MikePT said: I'd be more than happy to recreate your hosting accounts in either SG or DE. The DE location is by far the most stable, whereas the SG location is with RansomIT and their network rocks, I trust it'll also be stable for many years to come.

It's ok i already have a DE LTD as well, thank you for offering ^^ My visitors are mostly near New York and i use CloudFlare as CDN for WordPress so i wonder how it could impact my SEO and latency if i migrate the website to DE? I guess i can also simply get another web provider near New York for few month to wait you move to another provider.

@MikePT said: we're looking for a provider that can match what we have there and it takes time to find a comparable offer

Maybe dumb question, but did you asked this forum if someone can fill your request? I did some call here and often got pretty nice offers in DM.

• @bruh21 said:
    @MikePT
    if you’re having trouble with softaculous, you should be able to add prepaid credit in their system or you can buy through a reseller with a decent billing system such as licensepal

What did you read? I read him saying they're buggy and doesn't provide him with a way to resolve issues himself. If anything, he'd want solutions to pay money to someone other than softaculous.

@TimboJones said:

@bruh21 said:
    @MikePT

What did you read? I read him saying they're buggy and doesn't provide him with a way to resolve issues himself. If anything, he'd want solutions to pay money to someone other than softaculous.

in another thread, he said their paypal subscription was broken. it has happened multiple times before where the renewal has failed. i was referring to billing issues rather than software problems.

• JasonMJasonM Member

@o_be_one said: I’ve read on Reddit i’ve seen some people talking about issue with MyW.pt US DirectAdmin server

in that case you can migrate to another location. There is EU and Singapore one!

• @nullroute said:

Are The speeds just as good?

• nick_nick_ Member

Can I request migrating from LA to DE too by deleting the old account and creating a new one without any data?

@TimboJones said:

@bruh21 said:
    @MikePT

@bruh21 said:

@TimboJones said:

@bruh21 said:
    @MikePT

in another thread, he said their paypal subscription was broken. it has happened multiple times before where the renewal has failed. i was referring to billing issues rather than software problems.

The PayPal subscription is setup, but it doesn't automatically apply to the invoices.

Then I have the damn Softaculous not creating backups, in one of the servers, for a particular account - no useful logs at all, and their support wants access, which is a no from me.

@nick_ said:
    Can I request migrating from LA to DE too by deleting the old account and creating a new one without any data?

Yes, just send us a ticket, I'll recreate it.

Thanked by 2nick_ o_be_one

@o_be_one said: I'm customer since what.. 2 or 3 years? On DE and LA. DE has been awesome! LA is actually in a bad shape and i appreciate you shared more information regarding that.

For a 80 euros hosting for few years, honestly, its more than what i was expecting, and we still see you around, support answer are quite quick, etc. It's one of those lucky LTD we can catch and feel confident at this time (i mean, for me and years im customer, it worthed it and beside actual issue on LA the power we have is amazing).

Definitely, the LA connection isn't performing as well as I thought it would, we're not facing issues all the time, but it's sporadic, and it's upsetting us as well.

@o_be_one said: It's ok i already have a DE LTD as well, thank you for offering ^^ My visitors are mostly near New York and i use CloudFlare as CDN for WordPress so i wonder how it could impact my SEO and latency if i migrate the website to DE? I guess i can also simply get another web provider near New York for few month to wait you move to another provider.

If you're using Cloudflare CDN, you shouldn't notice any issues - again, I'd be happy to host your websites in DE. The LA migration will be done in the next few months for sure.

@o_be_one said: Maybe dumb question, but did you asked this forum if someone can fill your request? I did some call here and often got pretty nice offers in DM.

I've contacted several providers privately, so far, no luck.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • @MikePT said: If you're using Cloudflare CDN, you shouldn't notice any issues - again, I'd be happy to host your websites in DE. The LA migration will be done in the next few months for sure.

So if I understand correctly you offer to move my LA account to DE, and you will switch back from DE to LA when LA will be migrated? So I have nothing to do on my side :o ?

@o_be_one said:

@MikePT said: If you're using Cloudflare CDN, you shouldn't notice any issues - again, I'd be happy to host your websites in DE. The LA migration will be done in the next few months for sure.

So if I understand correctly you offer to move my LA account to DE, and you will switch back from DE to LA when LA will be migrated? So I have nothing to do on my side :o ?

Once we announce the new LA server, you can just send us a ticket, so I can move you back, sure :)

Thanked by 2Ympker o_be_one
  • @bruh21 said:

@TimboJones said:

@bruh21 said:
    @MikePT

Sounds like reply/quoting in the other thread would have made more sense...

@TimboJones said:

@bruh21 said:

@TimboJones said:

@bruh21 said:
    @MikePT

Sounds like reply/quoting in the other thread would have made more sense...

yeah, i just wanted to say what i was thinking but i didn’t want to to back and find the original post

• i have their DE and SG, so far so good, never got downtime.

Thanked by 2o_be_one MikePT
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@MikePT said:

@TimboJones said:

@bruh21 said:
    @MikePT

@bruh21 said:

@TimboJones said:

@bruh21 said:
    @MikePT

The PayPal subscription is setup, but it doesn't automatically apply to the invoices.

Then I have the damn Softaculous not creating backups, in one of the servers, for a particular account - no useful logs at all, and their support wants access, which is a no from me.

@nick_ said:

Yes, just send us a ticket, I'll recreate it.

For that particular account, check it's cron job, and run the cron script manually in a shell. Should spit info

Thanked by 1MikePT

@abangnoob said:
    i have their DE and SG, so far so good, never got downtime.

DE and SG have been working very well, the problem is for sure LA. Working on it!

Thanked by 1bruh21
  • LeviLevi Member

Well, this looks like lack of competence. Time to hire some techs and do only management?