Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hypere's relationship to Kuxo - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hypere's relationship to Kuxo

Comments

• Have looked at the hypere.cloud website. It does not stand up to a very low level of scrutiny.

1. The terms of service reference "the site". What is "the site".
    2. The terms of service state that "we" respect your privacy: https://hypere.co/privacy - the link goes no-where.
    3. WeWork office address, looks very much like the kuxo one.
    4. Status page goes to paravirt.io which has 100% up time and does not show the outage discussed by Ellis in this thread.
    5. 24*7 fully staffed NOC. Contacting the NOC is via a non-working phone number (+44 3294 83278) or email domain that does not exist - [email protected]
    6. Mr H from South Africa seems happy with the service - https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/hypere.cloud
    7. Paravirt seem to have been scamming people on ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/fdbk/feedback_profile/pvpurchasing?commentType=NEGATIVE&user_context=BUYER
    8. Terms of service mentions a non working website - https://hypere.co and non-working email address - [email protected] and another non-working telephone number - +44 808 196 7044.

Lets step back - fully staffed 24*7 NOC in Manchester, Office in Suffolk (20 20ab Rosemary House, Lanwades Business Park, Newmarket, England, CB8 7PN) and several data centres to run.

It smells and feels like something else that has been seen before.

I suggest Ellis needs to go to scam University as this is just shoddy.

Buyer beware ...

• somiksomik Member

@muppet said:
    Have looked at the hypere.cloud website. It does not stand up to a very low level of scrutiny.

Well, not everyone has the privilege of being properly fraud trained. Only people in certain regions (India, HK, Malaysia, etc.) gets a proper 6 months fraud training, and that's just for the call center scams. To run a full hosting scam, they will need extensive training from professionals.

• LeviLevi Member

So, what's the verdict? Scam or no scam?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@LTniger said:

You know those times where we all pile on so much that you start to feel bad for the target even if the skepticism seems warranted? I feel like this is one of those times.

The thread is a complete shame if they’re legitimate, too much piling on even if they aren’t. There’s room for interpretation and opinion. You hate to give someone a chance under these variables and find out they were being shady, but you also hate to see them not be given a chance if they’re legitimately trying to do right.

• emghemgh Member
    edited April 2023

@LTniger said:

Pay monthly and there’s not a lot to lose.

Put a million dollar website on there and expect it to stay up in the coming months or years, and you’re probably in for a shaky ride.

Thanked by 1Levi
  • @Hypere said: The sale is covered under a NDA, which i'm not prepared to breach.

Translation: we can't tell you who the "buyer" who scammed a lot of people was because of the NDA - which totally exists and isn't just a fancy word I was told on Discord.

@Hypere said: All members of our team are above the age of 18, anyone under 18 creates legal issues, with NDAs being difficult to enforce, and DC access being complex.

So you don't hire underage people because they can't sign NDAs, even though there's literally not a single adult involved in the company (including the director! okay, the director turned 18 a month ago, lol). Alright.

@Hypere said:
    Let's go the full transparency route. Here's a screenshot showing Income and Expenditure for the last month We've censored the opening, closing balance, and transaction names, and amounts to protect our privacy, and ensure our client's cannot be identified.

"We're a serious company - here's a ridiculously low quality phone screenshot of a bank account statement to prove it. That's what serious companies do, right?"

@muppet said: WeWork office address, looks very much like the kuxo one.

I wonder if that's because Tide (the neobank they use) gives you a virtual office address for free, along with paying for the company registration cost.

• inlandinland Member
    edited April 2023

@muppet said: Paravirt seem to have been scamming people on ebay

They changed the eBay account name and seller information from Paravirt to a non-existent company after scamming people and receiving tons of negative feedback. Notice the pattern here?

Google Cache from March 28 - eBay listing for a gaming PC: https://archive.is/OFjp0

Account name: paravirtltd
    Paravirt Limited
    20ab Rosemary House

The same listing today: https://archive.is/pNGp5

Account name: pvpurchasing
    Web Hosting Services (UK) Limited (no such company exists)
    Lanwades Business Park

Care to explain @Hypere ?

@DP the above is a direct proof that Paravirt is an active, ongoing scam operation.

There is apparently a company named "Web Hosting Services" registered a month ago. It has a director from Egypt.

2022: Ellis "sells" Kuxo Ltd. The "new buyer" appoints a director from Saudi Arabia.
    2023: Ellis scams people on eBay, account details are changed to a company with a director from Egypt.

That bank screenshot is probably just money from these eBay scams. LOL.

@ralf see the post edit

Thanked by 1dystopia
  • ralfralf Member
    edited April 2023

@inland said:
    Account name: pvpurchasing
    Web Hosting Services (UK) Limited (no such company exists)
    Lanwades Business Park

No idea if it's related, but actually such a company does exist and newly registered: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/14745708/filing-history

Although this one looks even more suspicious. Who on earth starts up a company with 998 shares of £1 each rather than making it a round 1000?

Of course, different address to the ones above, and of course the fact that the 2 addresses in your screenshots are almost the same but have a subtly different postcode says something about something.

• HypereHypere Member
    edited April 2023

@emgh said:

@LTniger said:

Put a million dollar website on there and expect it to stay up in the coming months or years, and you’re probably in for a shaky ride.

Exactly this. We’ll put one final response to this thread, and leave it at that, because this is looking like a witch hunt now, we’ve provided evidence multiple clients are happy, that we’ve got cashflow to cover expenses as they appear, that we own the hardware the servers are hosted on.

We haven’t asked anyone here for a single penny for services we can’t deliver we are not taking upfront payments for multiple years, nor are we demanding payment by Crypto. We’re providing services, completely free of charge for anyone who is skeptical and wishes to test out our hardware.

With the eBay, we’ll provide an explanation, because that is warranted and justified. In short, we listed a bunch of items which sold, around 5 were posted and delivered

Whilst I was overseas on holiday, we had a single AMD Cooler be delivered late, resulting in a un delivered item case, this resulted in eBay blocking the account, further orders were not sent out, due to concerns around us not being able to receive the funds from eBay, due to the fact that everything was held initially for 21 days, with eBay deciding to hold everything for 180 days after that. If we wanted to screw people easier, there’d be much easier ways to do this than to list 20 items off eBay, sell 10, post 5, don’t post the other 5, and then run without any cash.

This is not an attempt to scam or screw anyone over, and are just trying to rebuild. We’ve been as transparent as possible with yourselves, and genuinely aren’t trying to hide anything.

I realise that we aren’t going to get anywhere with yourselves, as you seem to have it out for me, our registered office address (which is legitimate, and a physical office, btw), has zero relation to our reliability as a hosting provider, we aren’t hosting services there, for obvious reasons, and it acts purely as a correspondence address.

Look at it from a different perspective, we expected this backlash, what do yourselves think the payoff is for me here? Give away a bunch of servers, sell maybe 3/4, close down after 3 months? I’d be at a loss because of all the money spent on here. We have absolutely nothing to gain, except rebuilding things reputation wise, which is our intention, we never intended to make any revenue from this forum in the short term, and instead saw it was a way to get back into people’s eyes and have the conversation about our history now, rather than in 6 months, for example.

Simple way to solve this, yourselves don’t believe me? Keep an eye on our site, our reviews and our presence here, and I’m sure it’ll become obvious in 6/12 months if we’re a scam operation or if we’re genuinely trying to rebuild our reputation.

• edited April 2023

@Hypere said:

@emgh said:

@LTniger said:

Exactly this. We’ll put one final response to this thread, and leave it at that, because this is looking like a witch hunt now, we’ve provided evidence multiple clients are happy, that we’ve got cashflow to cover expenses as they appear, that we own the hardware the servers are hosted on.

We haven’t asked anyone here for a single penny for services we can’t deliver we are not taking upfront payments for multiple years, nor are we demanding payment by Crypto. We’re providing services, completely free of charge for anyone who is skeptical and wishes to test out our hardware.

With the eBay, we’ll provide an explanation, because that is warranted and justified. In short, we listed a bunch of items which sold, around 5 were posted and delivered

Whilst I was overseas on holiday, we had a single AMD Cooler be delivered late, resulting in a un delivered item case, this resulted in eBay blocking the account, further orders were not sent out, due to concerns around us not being able to receive the funds from eBay, due to the fact that everything was held initially for 21 days, with eBay deciding to hold everything for 180 days after that. If we wanted to screw people easier, there’d be much easier ways to do this than to list 20 items off eBay, sell 10, post 5, don’t post the other 5, and then run without any cash.

This is not an attempt to scam or screw anyone over, and are just trying to rebuild. We’ve been as transparent as possible with yourselves, and genuinely aren’t trying to hide anything.

I realise that we aren’t going to get anywhere with yourselves, as you seem to have it out for me, our registered office address (which is legitimate, and a physical office, btw), has zero relation to our reliability as a hosting provider, we aren’t hosting services there, for obvious reasons, and it acts purely as a correspondence address.

Look at it from a different perspective, we expected this backlash, what do yourselves think the payoff is for me here? Give away a bunch of servers, sell maybe 3/4, close down after 3 months? I’d be at a loss because of all the money spent on here. We have absolutely nothing to gain, except rebuilding things reputation wise, which is our intention, we never intended to make any revenue from this forum in the short term, and instead saw it was a way to get back into people’s eyes and have the conversation about our history now, rather than in 6 months, for example.

Simple way to solve this, yourselves don’t believe me? Keep an eye on our site, our reviews and our presence here, and I’m sure it’ll become obvious in 6/12 months if we’re a scam operation or if we’re genuinely trying to rebuild our reputation.

I am going to give you a chance soon and buy one of the vServer plans you have. I hope others give you a shot and do the same for a month or so perhaps.

Good luck with sales.

• @Hypere said: We’ll put one final response to this thread, and leave it at that

This should be your final response before you're banned, yes.

@Hypere said: Whilst I was overseas on holiday

Sure, that might be a plausible BS to feed somebody who doesn't know that you're a schoolkid and an overseas holiday in March would fall right in the middle of school term.

Unless you also flunked school because the police got involved?

@Hypere said: With the eBay, we’ll provide an explanation

Can't even find an excuse why you changed the account info to some random company afterwards? Oh, I forgot that's your final response.

@Hypere said: what do yourselves think the payoff is for me here?

Wasn't the payout clearly stated? Buying a new iPhone? Not every scam has to be measured in millions.

Thanked by 1Freek
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Who provides funding for hardware and invests in these businesses?

Hardware isn't cheap. What weirdo is giving kids thousands of dollars?

• @MannDude said:
    Who provides funding for hardware and invests in these businesses?

Hardware isn't cheap. What weirdo is giving kids thousands of dollars?

AlphaRacks -> RackNerd

Summerhost -> Winterhost

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

I could be wrong, but weren't you "flexing" your bank account statements during the Kuxo days too? I briefly remember because I was in the KUBBUR/KUXO Discord for a very brief period of time.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • VPS21VPS21 Barred
    edited April 2023

@somik said: And whois lookup on microplex101.com gives

When you look up that phone number in trucaller, it shows [email protected] E-mail, is he the ceo of skynethosting?

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2023

Was this you? I believe there were also reports of you scamming people on FB Marketplace and not just eBay

Trustpilot (there are also other reviews on Trustpilot saying similar stuff):

I didn't really want to get involved in this drama, but I just remembered this and thought I'd point it out.

• emghemgh Member

ASSets

• LeviLevi Member

That SS is atomic. Holy sh... Slam dunked.

• FreekFreek Member

@Hypere said:
    Whilst I was overseas on holiday, we had a single AMD Cooler be delivered late, resulting in a un delivered item case, this resulted in eBay blocking the account, further orders were not sent out, due to concerns around us not being able to receive the funds from eBay, due to the fact that everything was held initially for 21 days, with eBay deciding to hold everything for 180 days after that.

@Advin said:
    Was this you? I believe there were also reports of you scamming people on FB Marketplace and not just eBay

Trustpilot (there are also other reviews on Trustpilot saying similar stuff):

FB Marketplace is probably holding their funds, happens all the time (/s)

Also, posting a picture of a rack of servers doesn't proof anything. Could be anyone's rack, could be anyone's equipment. For all we know those are dedicated servers, not colo/own equipment.

• From the OP of that post:

The British Empire brought Christianity and tried to teach the savages to read and act human.

lmao

• emghemgh Member

Lmao I love how he just HAS to make sure that we know that he can drink alcohol even though it’s not at all relevant

Poor kid thinks it’s cool but will end up like @jar ampampampamp

• emghemgh Member
    edited April 2023

I might be a cunt but I’d never celebrate someone’s death because of the fact that they’re old

I wonder how Ellis would feel if older people in his family saw that

He’d even have to explain what ”kek” is and why it’ll be ”kek” when they die too

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited April 2023

the fuck is drama.gg and dramaggi.sbs
    is it LET exclusively for summerhosts?

regarding the link, I mean, you can wish anything you want to anyone.
    i personally do not care if he wanted the queen to die or shit like that.

• emghemgh Member
    edited April 2023

@treesmokah said: i personally do not care if he wanted the queen to die or shit like that.

what a shocker

@everyone please note that @treesmokah is edgy and don't care if someone dies!

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited April 2023

@emgh said: @everyone please note that @treesmokah is edgy and don't care if someone dies!

indeed, I am edgy.
    and the photo you posted is Me. are there are any rules in place that would prevent people from posting my photo?

@emgh said: I might be a cunt but I’d never celebrate someone’s death because of the fact that they’re old

Wishing death solely because of age is pretty fucked up, he could've given a better reason.

• emghemgh Member

@treesmokah said: indeed, I am edgy.

yes it's very cool

@treesmokah said: I mean, you can wish anything you want to anyone.

according to who? you? certainly not the law (he's not american)

• emghemgh Member

@treesmokah said: are there are any rules in place that would prevent people from posting my photo?

ask your edgelord

• @emgh said: certainly not the law

who said that? i through court decides whether you broke the law.

This discussion has been closed.