Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hypere's relationship to Kuxo - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hypere's relationship to Kuxo

Comments

• AltesAltes Member

@Mumbly said:

• company exist what, five months?
    • "I have spent the past 4/5 months deploying 40+ servers in London, deploying servers in NYC, and getting rackspace in Amsterdam live."
    • "We've learnt from mistakes made in the past, surrounding expanding too fast"
    • "We're profitable as it is"

So you just established company, in the next few days deployed hundred servers, sold them few days later and you're profitable now?
    Damn ... with your mad selling skills you're going to be millionaire within the next two weeks.

If only Ellis was the only person here guilty of wanting success over night through selling servers.

Obviously, he's not.

Point that I'm making is that nearly every provider here is a one-man show with (usually unattainable) dreams hoping to attract as many customers as possible: sometimes through offers that are too good to be true, and sometimes through deception.

Ellis owned up to his mistakes, and it says enough about his character. Maybe he pretends, maybe he doesn't. It's irrelevant, but as long as he delivers what was paid for, and continues to do so. There should be no problems whatsoever.

Nothing can be gained from shitting all over someone who admitted to their mistakes and is providing services to their customers. If he wasn't delivering what was paid for... now that would be a different story.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2023

@TWC said:

@Mumbly said:

• company exist what, five months?
    • "I have spent the past 4/5 months deploying 40+ servers in London, deploying servers in NYC, and getting rackspace in Amsterdam live."
    • "We've learnt from mistakes made in the past, surrounding expanding too fast"
    • "We're profitable as it is"

So you just established company, in the next few days deployed hundred servers, sold them few days later and you're profitable now?
    Damn ... with your mad selling skills you're going to be millionaire within the next two weeks.

If only Ellis was the only person here guilty of wanting success over night through selling servers.

Obviously, he's not.

Point that I'm making is that nearly every provider here is a one-man show with (usually unattainable) dreams hoping to attract as many customers as possible: sometimes through offers that are too good to be true, and sometimes through deception.

Ellis owned up to his mistakes, and it says enough about his character. Maybe he pretends, maybe he doesn't. It's irrelevant, but as long as he delivers what was paid for, and continues to do so. There should be no problems whatsoever.

Nothing can be gained from shitting all over someone who admitted to their mistakes and is providing services to their customers. If he wasn't delivering what was paid for... now that would be a different story.

This forum also has a history of attracting providers that cash out, disappear, then reappear to do the same thing as many times as they can before people catch on and start shutting them down before they pull off their latest attempt. Projecting success with lies tends to be an early sign, so it makes sense that people are always on alert.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited April 2023

@TWC how's all this relevant to anything, I posted and you quoted? I don't even talk about his past mistakes, but about him being full of shit right now.
    Or do you really believe that he just deployed his "40+ servers in London, deploying servers in NYC, and getting rackspace in Amsterdam live" and with all this "slow and sustainably growth, as opposed to making a quick buck" (his own words) the next day he was profitable already?

Thanked by 1emgh
  • HypereHypere Member
    edited April 2023

Let me provide a bit of insight on Kuxo and the structure of how / why the business failed.

Kuxo in itself, was profitable, not by much, but we were profitable. We reached a deal with Leifur to invest in KUBBUR in approx July 2022 (don't quote me on this), the deal fell through, mainly due to Leifur threatening to walk from the business, which made myself incredibly hesitant to pour a significant sum of money, into what was a lossmaking business.

We'd already signed for a much larger position in a DC, which Kuxo's revenue alone did not justify, It was a full rack, 4KW power, with a significant amount of bandwidth (10Gbps on a 40Gbps Link) this caused the need to increase cashflow, hence the sale of hardware, to cover a short term fall. Hence, when we got a offer to buy my share in the company out, due diligence was conducted, everything looked above board, we had no reason to suspect that everything would have shut down as it did, and if we had known that, the sale would have never been on the table, the sale was an attempt the save the company, and was to an existing internal investor, it was not a rugpull / exit scam, or however else you wish to define it.

I've personally made attempts to make right, both via communicating with Kuxo, and its (ex) clients, and in some cases, paying for replacement hardware, out of my own pocket, to ensure all of Kuxo's clients were not at a financial loss due to the sale of the business (which i ultimately made money from), It did not feel right to keep the proceeds of the sale, knowing that clients had experienced downtime, and some were facing difficulties retrieving their hardware. If anyone has been missed out by this, please DM me, and I'd be more than happy to both look into this, and promptly resolve the situation.

I admit, both the sale, and how Kuxo conducted business, could have been improved, mistakes were made, however they are in the past, and I am sadly unable to change them. What we are doing, is attempting to rebuild our reputation, give back to the community (we have already pledged to provide Two Dedicated Servers, to FreeVPS.org. Screenshot of this is attached, so yourselves know that this is not being done in response to this thread. https://gyazo.com/2a9f50fddda720211b04420a225aafeb, and build a reliable brand. We are not attempting to make a quick buck here.

Paravirt has been trading effectively, profitably, and stably, since Kuxo's closure, we rushed through a contract with DDCL, to ensure we had a place to move clients who did not want to remain with Kuxo, and have learnt from our mistakes of expanding too fast, which ultimately caused Kuxo's demise. We're not asking for immediate forgiveness, we're asking for a fair chance to prove ourselves. If our attempt was to make a large profit, quickly and easily, we'd have entered another industry. Hosting can be profitable at scale, but hardware is expensive and takes a long time to see a reasonable ROI.

Our hardware is not, and has never been available to purchase outright to the general public (excluding a 2 businesses with whom i've been conducting business with for the past 18 months), nor do we anticipate this will ever form a major component of our revenue.

I'm happy to answer any questions, once again, we're going for full transparency here, the only things i cant disclose are elements that I've got a NDA covering, this mainly relates to the sale specifics of Kuxo.

• @Hypere

Which of these is more believable:

1. Your business went belly up so you erased shareholders and appointed fake people as directors because you thought that would magically erase your responsibility (hint: it does not work that way)

versus

1. Someone bought the company and appointed a 21-year old from Saudi Arabia with a suspiciously English name as a director?
    2. Despite you vouching for this "buyer", he neglected to update the shareholder information, which is probably also in breach of couple another laws in itself?
    3. You have staff available to answer on Sunday midnight with a suspiciously detailed knowledge about the intricacies of UK corporate registration system?

Just get out. You might have potential for a great fraudster but right now, you're not even trying.

Thanked by 1desperand
  • AltesAltes Member

@Mumbly said:
    @TWC how's all this relevant to anything, I posted and you quoted? I don't even talk about his past mistakes, but about him being full of shit right now.
    Or do you really believe that he just deployed his "40+ servers in London, deploying servers in NYC, and getting rackspace in Amsterdam live" and with all this "steady growth" as he's saying the next day he was profitable already?

Quite literally every provider here has that "successful/growing business" facade. If you're 15, you may believe it. But if you're not, you will just learn to ignore it.

So no, I'm not seeing how he's any different than the rest here... they all seem to be doing pretty well, yet they're here posting offers 24/7. It doesn't make him any more likely to scam customers than it does any of the rest of them.

As said, it doesn't make them more likely to scam... it just means that they chose to try and portray themselves as successful and growing businesses in order to attract more customers.

The fact that he chose to still continue to use his name and likeness can only tell me that he's going to try and do better this time. If he fails, then he fails... but let's not write someone off just because they're inexperienced. There's far more than enough incompetence on LET from experienced providers, e.g. SMARTHOST comes to mind as a recent example...

• HypereHypere Member
    edited April 2023

@jar said: This forun also has a history of attracting providers that cash out, disappear, then reappear to do the same thing as many times as they can before people catch on and start shutting them down before they pull off their latest attempt. Projecting success with lies tends to be an early sign, so it makes sense that people are always on alert.

Totally understand this, we've provided proof of hardware in our London location, investing in hardware would be a stupid decision if we intended to cash out in the short term, server hardware depreciates heavily, especially when purchased new.

@Mumbly said: Or do you really believe that he just deployed his "40+ servers in London, deploying servers in NYC, and getting rackspace in Amsterdam live" and with all this "slow and sustainably growth, as opposed to making a quick buck" (his own words) the next day he was profitable already?

We've been profitable since January 2023 from our existing clientele, we've provided a photo of our rackspace in london, happy to take a photo of the space with a printout of our logo to verify its ours, if needed.

@inland said: Which of these is more believable:

Your business went belly up so you erased shareholders and appointed fake people as directors because you thought that would magically erase your responsibility (hint: it does not work that way)

This would have been an effective (but illegal) way to exit Kuxo, however, what exactly would be the point of this if i've continued to personally honour agreements with clients, and have made multiple attempts to put things right.

@inland said: You have staff available to answer on Sunday midnight with a suspiciously detailed knowledge about the intricacies of UK corporate registration system?

As previously stated, I handle most elements of Hypere, we've got staff who handle technical aspects of our service, however they have not been consulted on what is happening here.

Thanked by 1idleparty
  • @TWC said: The fact that he chose to still continue to use his name and likeness can only tell me that he's going to try and do better this time. If he fails, then he fails... but let's not write someone off just because they're inexperienced. There's far more than enough incompetence on LET from experienced providers, e.g. SMARTHOST comes to mind as a recent example...

I had a conversation with one of our suppliers regarding this 3 days ago, when i mentioned our plans to come here. I was told, and i quote 'You gotta weigh it up
    If you’re going back to consumer then LET ain’t worth it for ya
    Cause all your doing is throwing petrol on embers'

Sure, forming a US LLC and coming back under a false alias is a method, and it would have prevented this, but that isn't why i'm here. I'm here in an attempt to begin the process at rebuilding my reputation, and have made no attempts to hide my identity, or my history.

The fact that Hypere is wholly owned by Paravirt Limited has been on our website from the get go, and i've been registered as a director of Paravirt Limited for close to a year. We are not trying to hide anything here.

As previously stated, I'm trying to be as transparent as possible with everyone here.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited April 2023

@TWC
    So let me ask you differently.
    When did you last time as a completely new company "deployed 40+ servers in London, deploying servers in NYC, and getting rackspace in Amsterdam live" and claim a few days later, that you're profitable with this "slow and steady growth"?

I don't know what you're even fighting about. His right to be full of shit without people expressing their doubts? It's not going to happen.

• HypereHypere Member
    edited April 2023

@Mumbly said: So let me ask you differently. When did you last time as a completely new company "deployed 40+ servers in London, deploying servers in NYC, and getting rackspace in Amsterdam live" and claim a few days later, that you're profitable?

I don't know what you're even fighting about. His right to be full of shit without people expressing our doubts? It's not going to happen.

As previously mentioned, we've been trading, and have had rackspace since late November in London, and early February in NYC. Proof of the London servers has already been provided, but may have been missed, I'd be happy to resend it if needed?

We've provided photo's of our hardware in London, i'm also happy to share invoices from a select few providers that show we've been buying hardware for the past few months.

Our profitability stance has not changed since we've started posting here, we were profitable from our existing clientbase before we entered LET.

If yourselves are further in doubt, we are due to file accounts at the end of September, these will be fully audited by a reputable accountant, and will clearly show our balance sheet position, and profit / loss for this FY. We do not legally have to do this, as a small business, however we intend to, as part of our overall goal to be as transparent as possible with yourselves.

Thanked by 1rocketprogrammer
  • emghemgh Member

@Hypere are you raking in at least 15 k a month considering your full rack and staff members getting a fair salary?

Or is it basically kids?

• No, you said:

I have spent the past 4/5 months deploying 40+ servers in London, deploying servers in NYC, and getting rackspace in Amsterdam live. Hypere has been designed from the ground up, to avoid the issues surrounding order deployment that persisted with Kuxo. We've learnt from mistakes made in the past, surrounding expanding too fast, etc, and have limited orders to ensure that demand can be met, and the business can be expanded in a sustainable manner, as opposed to targeting explosive growth. We're profitable as it is, we're looking to grow slowly, and sustainably, as opposed to making a quick buck.

Every sentence here contradicts the previous one.

• HypereHypere Member
    edited April 2023

@emgh said:
    @Hypere are you raking in at least 15 k a month considering your full rack and staff members getting a fair salary?

Or is it basically kids?

No. We pay our team members fairly, however they are not full time positions. All members of our team are above the age of 18, anyone under 18 creates legal issues, with NDAs being difficult to enforce, and DC access being complex.

Our transit, uptime, and server status monitored by automated systems internally, should an issue occur, one of 2 scenarios will happen.

1) In the (unlikely) event of a transit failure, our upstream will automatically be notified, and will resolve the issue, this is purchased from a reputable provider, and we have had 15 mins of scheduled downtime since December 2022, this was due to a capacity upgrade.

2) In the (unlikely) event of a hardware failure, we have most replacement parts on site (SSDs, RAM and a select few CPUs, we have a aim to keep a minimum of 1x AM4 and 1x AM5 CPU on site), this is to ensure we are able to bring a server online, within 15 mins of a part dying, to equal, or greater specification. We have a 15min remote hands SLA with our DC to provide this

This then gets picked up by one of our team during working hours, to replace the cold spare, or engage with transit providers to establish the reason for downtime, etc

@Mumbly said: No, you said:

I have spent the past 4/5 months deploying 40+ servers in London, deploying servers in NYC, and getting rackspace in Amsterdam live. Hypere has been designed from the ground up, to avoid the issues surrounding order deployment that persisted with Kuxo. We've learnt from mistakes made in the past, surrounding expanding too fast, etc, and have limited orders to ensure that demand can be met, and the business can be expanded in a sustainable manner, as opposed to targeting explosive growth. We're profitable as it is, we're looking to grow slowly, and sustainably, as opposed to making a quick buck.

Every sentence here contradicts the previous one.

In what way?

We've demonstrated that the hardware is racked in London, we're happy to provide Test IPs in NYC, and you can see from yourself that we've taken since December 2022 to launch Hypere, from the commencement date of our co-location agreement, and the date our website was first published.

• Ellis

At the time when you cheated me I got a personal mail from Kuxo's CEO (you) with a lot of promises.

As you very well know you just stole the money and probably bought some toys to play with in your parents house.

I sincerely have no interest in spending more time listening to your lies.

• emghemgh Member

@Hypere said:

@emgh said:

Or is it basically kids?

No. We pay our team members fairly, however they are not full time positions. All members of our team are above the age of 18, anyone under 18 creates legal issues, with NDAs being difficult to enforce, and DC access being complex.

Our transit, uptime, and server status monitored by automated systems internally, should an issue occur, one of 2 scenarios will happen.

1) In the (unlikely) event of a transit failure, our upstream will automatically be notified, and will resolve the issue, this is purchased from a reputable provider, and we have had 15 mins of scheduled downtime since December 2022, this was due to a capacity upgrade.

2) In the (unlikely) event of a hardware failure, we have most replacement parts on site (SSDs, RAM and a select few CPUs, we have a aim to keep a minimum of 1x AM4 and 1x AM5 CPU on site), this is to ensure we are able to bring a server online, within 15 mins of a part dying, to equal, or greater specification. We have a 15min remote hands SLA with our DC to provide this

This then gets picked up by one of our team during working hours, to replace the cold spare, or engage with transit providers to establish the reason for downtime, etc

To pay several staff members fairly and have full racks all over you NEED 15 k / month, you actually need a lot more, but it’s a very bare minimum.

Since you didn’t answer that, I don’t think you do.

• HypereHypere Member
    edited April 2023

@emgh said: To pay several staff members fairly and have full racks all over you NEED 15 k / month, you actually need a lot more, but it’s a very bare minimum.

We do not have revenue in excess of 15k, we've got 3 team members, including myself, both engineers are part time. They are paid a fair wage for the DC / Tech Support sector.

It does not cost 15k to hire 2 part time staff members, unless you'd pay 6k a month, per employee working 15 hour weeks?

We also never stated we had full racks 'all over', we've got a 42U Rack in London, and are in active conversation with Digital Realty regarding adding a rack in Amsterdam. Rackspace is very reasonably priced, the real expense is power and bandwidth, both are directly linked to revenue (server not sold = server not powered on = server not using bandwidth)

• emghemgh Member

@Hypere said:

@emgh said: To pay several staff members fairly and have full racks all over you NEED 15 k / month, you actually need a lot more, but it’s a very bare minimum.

>

We do not have revenue in excess of 15k, we've got 3 team members, including myself, both engineers are part time. They are paid a fair wage for the DC / Tech Support sector.

Do these engineers live by themselves or with their parents?

I just think you’d gain trust by being more personal, that’s basically my whole point.

No way there’s any substantional money getting paid to a ”staff team” with less than 15 k / month rev. Just no way.

@Francisco operates a battleship compared to this, and have severan full-time staff members (I think). He sounds like he’s operating a lemonade stand compared to how you make your operations sound.

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • emghemgh Member
    edited April 2023

@Hypere said:

It does not cost 15k to hire 2 part time staff members, unless you'd pay 6k a month, per employee working 15 hour weeks?

15 k

Soon to be two full racks

Three employees

Dosen’t work; dosen’t make sense

Unless the staff are supported mainly by their parents, living at home, which I think you do, correct?

I just can’t make sense of the financials otherwise.

Got s revenue of 5 k or more?

• @emgh said: Do these engineers live by themselves or with their parents?

I just think you’d gain trust by being more personal, that’s basically my whole point.

No way there’s any substantional money getting paid to a ”staff team” with less than 15 k / month rev. Just no way.

@Francisco operates a battleship compared to this, and have severan full-time staff members (I think). He sounds like he’s operating a lemonade stand compared to how you make your operations sound.

They live on their own, they aren't hired full time, so wages form a significant, but not unrealistic portion of our monthly revenue. I'll confirm that the hourly compensation comes close to the cheaper end of remote hands in London.

If i've made Hypere look bigger than it is, I apologise. For complete transparency, here's our current setup.

1 x 42U Rack - London (DDCL)
    1 x 5U Shared Colocation - NYC (Evocative) - Negotiations are underway to move up to a 1/2 Cab, however we're holding off until London is over 65% sold
    1 x 42U Rack - Amsterdam (Digital Realty) - Contract signed, Setup Fee & First Quarter Paid in Full.

Thanked by 2emgh codecreator
  • HypereHypere Member
    edited April 2023

@emgh said:

@Hypere said:

15 k

Soon to be two full racks

Three employees

Dosen’t work; dosen’t make sense

Unless the staff are supported mainly by their parents, living at home, which I think you do, correct?

I just can’t make sense of the financials otherwise.

I think you're over-estimating the cost of rackspace in London. I cant disclose the exact cost, however i'll confirm that we pay less than 1,000GBP monthly for the Space, Power, and 500MBPS on 2x10GBPS of transit. Obviously this will increase as we increase our power commit, however that is directly linked to growth, and we have cash set aside to cover this.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@Hypere said:

@emgh said: Do these engineers live by themselves or with their parents?

They live on their own, they aren't hired full time, so wages form a significant, but not unrealistic portion of our monthly revenue. I'll confirm that the hourly compensation comes close to the cheaper end of remote hands in London.

If i've made Hypere look bigger than it is, I apologise. For complete transparency, here's our current setup.

1 x 5U Shared Colocation - NYC (Evocative) - Negotiations are underway to move up to a 1/2 Cab, however we're holding off until London is over 65% sold
    1 x 42U Rack - Amsterdam (Digital Realty) - Contract signed, Setup Fee & First Quarter Paid in Full.

Could you provide a hum of what revenue we’re talking?

0-1 k
    1-5 k
    5 - 10 k

• @emgh said:

@Hypere said:

0-1 k
    1-5 k
    5 - 10 k

Sure, we're talking 5-10K last month, its closer to the lower end. We are in a fortunate position where we've managed to sign long term co-location and rental agreements for some high (ish) performance xeon servers, with our existing clientele, which more than covers our Operating Expenditure.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@Hypere said:

@emgh said:

@Hypere said:

0-1 k
    1-5 k
    5 - 10 k

Sure, we're talking 5-10K last month, its closer to the lower end. We are in a fortunate position where we've managed to sign long term co-location and rental agreements for some high (ish) performance xeon servers, with our existing clientele, which more than covers our Operating Expenditure.

Alright thanks

• HypereHypere Member
    edited April 2023

Let's go the full transparency route. Here's a screenshot showing Income and Expenditure for the last month We've censored the opening, closing balance, and transaction names, and amounts to protect our privacy, and ensure our client's cannot be identified.

Figure(s) are 2k or so over what they should be, we had an invoice payment we sent for some hardware that bounced back to us and was resent

https://gyazo.com/2c302f0096420a1ac93bd65cf7036f0e

Also included another photo of our rack in London, taken earlier, for anyone that missed it (its probably pretty buried at this point)

https://gyazo.com/8aff31b82f68728155bf7d1ff05de76e

• emghemgh Member

@Hypere said:
    Let's go the full transparency route. Here's a screenshot showing Income and Expenditure for the last month We've censored the opening and closing balance to protect our privacy somewhat.

Can’t see nuttin’

• tl;dr buy from Calin

Thanked by 2inthecloudblog Calin
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@raindog308 said: And @DP and the rest of the awesome mods run the show here far more than me.

And we're always monitoring :wink:

Thanked by 1desperand
  • If anyone has further queries, let me know.

We're committed to being as transparent as possible, whilst remaining in compliance with our contractual obligations.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited April 2023

Thanked by 1desperand
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

Due to the ongoing drama with Hypere / Ellis, We the team behind FreeVPS.org wishes to stay the way it is and not accept the sponsorship from Hypere. Please clarify everything and we will happily accept.

This decision was made and acknowledged by all team members

This discussion has been closed.