Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Webhorizon down... again
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Webhorizon down... again

Its getting ridiculous at this point. @Abd can we get some type of info on this?

Comments

• The host has been silent even from this thread --> https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/183642/fibervm-cloud-v-is-down

• srch07srch07 Member
    edited April 2023

Yup. This is the 15th or something time it has gone down in 3-4 months.

Some tickets are open with them for few months now.

Thanked by 1Carlin0
  • I know you pissed off, but you should be specific with 'it's down' - is really everything down? Theirs website loads.

and as like always lately: If you talking about NL LXC(/KVM?) then It's the IPv4 tunnel down - if you use (native) Hetzner IPv6 it's working and you can still get all your data! :D

• @JabJab said:
    I know you pissed off, but you should be specific with 'it's down' - is really everything down? Theirs website loads.

and as like always lately: If you talking about NL LXC(/KVM?) then It's the IPv4 tunnel down - if you use (native) Hetzner IPv6 it's working and you can still get all your data! :D

Getting the data isn't the issue, I use DA with their servers so my clients' domains are all connected to the IPv4. Maybe I should just get a hetzner dedi.

• @JabJab said:
    I know you pissed off, but you should be specific with 'it's down' - is really everything down? Theirs website loads.

Who cares about IPv6 is up lol. That's even worse, network not stabilized after ahm few months.

• ralfralf Member

Guess what other service has gone down too?

Bingo, it's Cloud-V that @Abd is still denying all knowledge of despite it being registered in his name!

Actually, IPv6 works, but IPv4 has been completely off the radar for nearly 3 hours now.

Thanked by 1Carlin0
  • VoidVoid Member

@ralf said:

Bingo, it's Cloud-V that @Abd is still denying all knowledge of despite it being registered in his name!

denying? I thought he openly promoted it as a sub brand at one point.

• ralfralf Member
    edited April 2023

@Maelstrom36 said:
    The host has been silent even from this thread --> https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/183642/fibervm-cloud-v-is-down

BTW, I kept using @Abd in that thread every couple of days to ping him, while checking his activity status. He was logging into LET regularly, just couldn't be bothered to reply in that thread or the WebHorizon one.

I guess that he's going to let CloudV, at least, deadpool because Companies House is showing that he still hasn't filed the confirmation statement for his UK company. To put that into perspective, it costs £13 to do so and takes less than 5 minutes as you just tick a few boxes to say you're still doing the same business as last year, or that the company is now dormant. He'd have had multiple warnings of the deadline before it happened, and then several reminders since. The only reason you wouldn't fill it in, apart from ineptitude, is if you're planning to abandon the company without doing the statutory annual accounts, which will be due in about 6 months from now.

• ralfralf Member
    edited April 2023

@jmaxwell said:

@ralf said:

denying? I thought he openly promoted it as a sub brand at one point.

In the initial announcement he said it was a sub-brand. Later, he said that it was run by his brother. That got downgraded to "separate business owned by another member of the family". And after that, they started denying that there was any connection at all. Then @CloudV stopped visiting the forum at all.

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited April 2023

Everything seems to be working for me in DE Shared DirectAdmin, sites load fine.

Edit. Sorry, I meant US, I don't have DE with Webhorizon.

• @Arkas said:
    Everything seems to be working for me in DE Shared DirectAdmin, sites load fine.

I have my own server with a DA license

• My LXC vps from webhorizon sometime shutdown automatically, no announcement from their website too.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

A comment here would be really nice @Abd

• bdlbdl Member

OP, what service are you talking about?

Webhorizon .sg shared hosting is up

• @bdl said: Webhorizon .sg shared hosting is up

he is talking about vps seems

Thanked by 1bdl
  • emghemgh Member

You host your clients with WebHorizon?

That's the worst thing to come out of this thread, worse compared to any downtime.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • @emgh said:

That's the worst thing to come out of this thread, worse compared to any downtime.

The service was good prior to this year tbh. Decided to transfer over all my business when I saw he had the hetzner dedis. I'll take this as a sign to get my own hetzner dedi.

• emghemgh Member

@stephfd21 said:

@emgh said:

The service was good prior to this year tbh. Decided to transfer over all my business when I saw he had the hetzner dedis. I'll take this as a sign to get my own hetzner dedi.

The service was still a LET operated one man show with users paying scraps.

It dosen't matter if it worked for awhile, it was never even remotely production ready.

Apart from very very few exceptions, such as @MrRadic and @OVH_APAC (not a complete list) - there's basically no providers on here that I'd trust for any production related to clients.

I trust BuyVM for my personal use and I love it, but production is another thing completely.

The same stuff are not to be valued.

Thanked by 1DataRecovery
  • @emgh said:

@stephfd21 said:

@emgh said:

It dosen't matter if it worked for awhile, it was never even remotely production ready.

Apart from very very few exceptions, such as @MrRadic and @OVH_APAC (not a complete list) - there's basically no providers on here that I'd trust for any production related to clients.

I trust BuyVM for my personal use and I love it, but production is another thing completely.

I understand and I agree. However, the service provided prior was sufficient for my clients. I'm not sure why LET providers do a really good job at the beginning, grow a solid client base then fall apart.

Thanked by 2Calin emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@stephfd21 said:

@emgh said:

@stephfd21 said:

@emgh said:

I understand and I agree. However, the service provided prior was sufficient for my clients. I'm not sure why LET providers do a really good job at the beginning, grow a solid client base then fall apart.

Because they’ve got hope and then they realize charging peanuts gets them nothing, if I were to guess.

No money to replace the start-up dopamine withdrawl.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • ralfralf Member

@stephfd21 said:
    However, the service provided prior was sufficient for my clients. I'm not sure why LET providers do a really good job at the beginning, grow a solid client base then fall apart.

Probably the novelty wears off and their parents are making them finish their homework instead.

• VoidVoid Member

For what it is worth my HK NAT VPS is up.

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@stephfd21 said:

@emgh said:

@stephfd21 said:

@emgh said:

Scaling. Things get much more complex and expensive at scale. It's easy to cut corners and hack things together when they break while you're small, but that manual work doesn't scale.

Thanked by 3emgh RapToN Calin
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@MrRadic said: but that manual work doesn't scale.

If you don't know what you're doing, or are in too deep, you can always get someone from fiverr, upwork...etc... to solve the problem. At least temporarily.`

• @MrRadic said:

@stephfd21 said:

@emgh said:

@stephfd21 said:

@emgh said:

Scaling. Things get much more complex and expensive at scale. It's easy to cut corners and hack things together when they break while you're small, but that manual work doesn't scale.

It's surprising how hard it is to train and manage even 1-2 other new people, too, to free up time & focus on money making activities.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • emghemgh Member

@MrRadic said:

@stephfd21 said:

@emgh said:

@stephfd21 said:

@emgh said:

I don’t think this is it because I don’t think they get that far.

I wanted to start a hosting company for 10 years but I’ve never been able to form a working business plan. I just can’t make the margins work even in theory.

I guess a lot of people don’t have that kind of sanity check to not commit if it can’t work.

Thanked by 1Calin
  • @Arkas said:

@MrRadic said: but that manual work doesn't scale.

If you don't know what you're doing, or are in too deep, you can always get someone from fiverr, upwork...etc... to solve the problem. At least temporarily.`

Back in like 2014 I started a dropshipping store before it really caught on (my first experience doing my own thing) and hit $50k pretty fast with a shit load of low ticket orders.

It was like $10,000 of profit margin and I was mostly managing the Facebook Ads for the store. I had to hire someone from the Phillipines for $3 an hour just to process the orders and do customer support. Shit breaks really fast at low ticket prices, that's why I switched to services.

• mrs92mrs92 Member

Seems he is living under a notion that silence is strength.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@mrs92 said: Seems he is living under a notion that silence is strength.

Perhaps a nod to Jay @seriesn

Thanked by 2mrs92 emgh
  • emghemgh Member
    edited April 2023

@Arkas said:

@mrs92 said: Seems he is living under a notion that silence is strength.

Perhaps a nod to Jay @seriesn

To be fair I think @seriesn has major mental problems that he needs to deal with.

I hope the community is forgiving in-case he comes back and gives a resonable expltaination as to what happend.

At some point, you have to offer your responsibilities for your own health if it's really severe.

He probably though he could keep it up until he couldn't anymore, hence no warning.

And quite honestly if you believe that there's scenarios where you should prioritize yourself (and let's be honest, there are), then by definition it's a risk you're taking when signing up for basically a one man show, that I guess Webhorizon is/was as well.

There's something beautiful in a cheap server that might disappear too.

As long as it's not Virmach because that's a disappeared server that once in while might appear.

A major step towards being production ready is having an organisation where a few key players could leave at once (isn't that unlikely) and the company still, even though there might be change, goes on.