Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Indian ISPs block Namecheap, Dynadot, Tucows, Sarek and Gransy - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Indian ISPs block Namecheap, Dynadot, Tucows, Sarek and Gransy

1235»

Comments

• kazawikikazawiki Member
    edited March 2023

Question: Is only the website from Namecheap and others not accessible or all domains that are using the nameservers from Namecheap etc?

• VoidVoid Member

@kazawiki said:
    Question: Is only the website from Namecheap and others not accessible or all domains that are using the nameservers from Namecheap etc?

Just the websites of domain registrars. It is merely a show of power towards these companies, rather than a measure to protect users. This is similar to the ban on Chinese apps.

Thanked by 3kazawiki Luke007 sh97
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

I'm playing a russian roulette with Cloudflare, 10 refreshes at a time and at a point it will connect me through some other server and domain works.

Cloudflare is getting mitm'd by Airtel i suppose.

https://github.com/captn3m0/hello-cloudflare
    https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=12091900

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@BingoBongo said: Look who is preaching us. His own country get benefited from exploiting others for centuries.. LOL

Source?

• BingoBongoBingoBongo Member
    edited March 2023

@Maounique said:

@BingoBongo said: Look who is preaching us. His own country get benefited from exploiting others for centuries.. LOL

Source?

Will you believe other country's history books? Or just believe your whitewashed story?

If yes then tell me your country name and I'll provide the source

@BingoBongo said: If yes then tell me your country name and I'll provide the source

So, you don't know what my country is atm, am I right?

@Maounique said:

@louiejordan said: No need to be nervous, this is already a regular operation of the Indians.

This is why the Internet is so expensive and capped in India.

$0.68 per GB.

I mean, come on. I pay 2 Eur for 80 GB and then lower but usable speed PLUS 200 min and SMS in most countries of the world. And their fiber price for 100 mbps is what I pay for 10 gbps.

India used to have cheap rates, but that is in the past, together with real democracy and rule of law. The only way is down from here, more nationalism, more isolationism, eventually war and collapse.

My man, do some research before you post.

Consumer bandwidth is so cheap than many of "EU and US" countries here. dc/business bandwidth is kinda costlier though. I'm just guessing you're comparing with a shitty provider in India with another shitty provider in the UK.

@Maounique said:

@BingoBongo said: If yes then tell me your country name and I'll provide the source

So, you don't know what my country is atm, am I right?

He definitely knows you're from UK

edited March 2023

@FatGrizzly said: He definitely knows you're from UK

And he is definitely wrong, albeit I am flattered. I might be showing some British idiosyncrasies in my writing style but that is ONLY because I am writing a book about UK characters for a couple of months already, that is deliberate in my writing there but it spills over in here. And no, I don't even come from an English speaking country, I have learnt French way before learning English and French is not my mother tongue either which is also different from the language of the country I live in.

You can guess I am not from the UK by looking at the prices I put up for BW. Definitely not UK.

@FatGrizzly said: My man, do some research before you post.

I did, checked Airtel which is arguably one of the best and cheapest. If you have another opinion, please share.

@Maounique said:

@FatGrizzly said: He definitely knows you're from UK

And he is definitely wrong, albeit I am flattered. I might be showing some British idiosyncrasies in my writing style but that is ONLY because I am writing a book about UK characters for a couple of months already, that is deliberate in my writing there but it spills over in here. And no, I don't even come from an English speaking country, I have learnt French way before learning English and French is not my mother tongue either which is also different from the language of the country I live in.

You can guess I am not from the UK by looking at the prices I put up for BW. Definitely not UK.

@FatGrizzly said: My man, do some research before you post.

I did, checked Airtel which is arguably one of the best and cheapest. If you have another opinion, please share.

Airtel is shittiest here, Check Jio.
    18$ per month for 300 Mbps unmetered(UP and DOWN).
    17 OTT apps for free(including Netflix and stuff)

If you're talking bout mobile plans,
    36.34$ for one year.

2.5 gb/day
    unlimited voice
    100 sms/day

@Maounique said: You can guess I am not from the UK by looking at the prices I put up for BW. Definitely not UK.

Ah.

Legendary Ukrobot!

thought bc of this

edited March 2023

@FatGrizzly said: 17 OTT apps for free(including Netflix and stuff)

Hum, so it includes a Netflix subscription? Then that would be really cheap, I pay 10 Eur only for Netflix in here.

@FatGrizzly said: 18$ per month for 300 Mbps unmetered(UP and DOWN).

Comes nowhere near this:

That is 8 Eur including VAT and I pay 10 Eur for 10 times that at another house, here I can only get the 1 gbps because is small town in the mountains and I live practically in the forest.
    I also have permanent traffic on that link various backups and tv/youtube/netflix running on another monitor UHD when available as you can see the upload is higher.

It doesn't come with Netflix, though, I pay separately for that.

@FatGrizzly said: If you're talking bout mobile plans,
    36.34$ for one year.

2.5 gb/day
    unlimited voice
    100 sms/day

so 80 gb a month is a bit more than 2.5 gb a day. I don't need voice so I dont want to pay for that, there were no data-only subscriptions so i have 200 min and sms including international which I don't use for 2 Eur a month including VAT, total 24 Eur a year so some 26 USD.

The prices are not comparable, though.

Average wage in India is somewhat lower than 350 USD in Romania is in excess of 1300 USD, i.e. prices are actually 3.5 times higher in India than the face value.

@Maounique said:

Hum, so it includes a Netflix subscription? Then that would be really cheap, I pay 10 Eur only for Netflix in here.

Comes nowhere near this:

That is 8 Eur including VAT and I pay 10 Eur for 10 times that at another house, here I can only get the 1 gbps because is small town in the mountains and I live practically in the forest.
    I also have permanent traffic on that link various backups and tv/youtube/netflix running on another monitor UHD when available as you can see the upload is higher.

It does come with Netflix, though im not a user of Jio.

In tech-cities its even more cheaper.

Yours sounds cheaper though, might be romania?

430$ for 1Gbps unmetered for one whole year here, at a tech city.

edited March 2023

@FatGrizzly said: 430$ for 1Gbps unmetered for one whole year here, at a tech city.

A few things:
    1. In Romania there are no metered plans on fiber (I push some 40 TB a month usually but I have passed 100 TB many times when I feel brave and running exit nodes), only mobile data (real unlimited exist but they are like 5 Eur a month, I have 80 GB included after which speed drops);
    2. That is a good 4 times more even at nominal value;
    3. I have this connection in a small resort town in the mountains, in Bucharest I can get 10 gbps for 10 Eur a month;
    4. What is this obsession with annual subscription :o ?

• @FatGrizzly said:

@Maounique said:

Comes nowhere near this:

It does come with Netflix, though im not a user of Jio.

In tech-cities its even more cheaper.

Yours sounds cheaper though, might be romania?

430$ for 1Gbps unmetered for one whole year here, at a tech city.

Yes jio fiber included with total 14 OTT
    I'm getting Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, Discovery plus, Lionsgate Play, and other local OTT services for free with my 300mbps jio plan which cost 1499 + gst ($18 approx)

• dosaidosai Member

@Maounique is the winner of dick measuring competition.

• emghemgh Member
    edited March 2023

Any mitm interference should be, legally, equivillent to slander

edited March 2023

@emgh said: Any mitm interference should be, legally, equivillent to slander

Why :o

maybe stalking.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member
    edited March 2023

@Maounique said:

@emgh said: Any mitm interference should be, legally, equivillent to slander

Why :o

maybe stalking.

”the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.”

Remove person (and spoken).

”You told people my server responded with X and shit the bed when, in-fact, it responded with Y and did no such thing”

Edit: I was thinking in a democratic sense of faking someone elses response, but, actually in the case of Namecheap and error 500 they could for sure lose brand reputation, since people who have been blocked might think that NC is down.

edited March 2023

okay, now I get it. Time to go to bed, too slow atm.

That being said, was there any legal document instructing the ISPs to do this? Or allowing the government? A court order? A law?

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member
    edited March 2023

@Maounique said:

That being said, was there any legal document instructing the ISPs to do this? Or allowing the government? A court order? A law?

Me too. Sweet dreams.

Also please explain your stalking comparison when refreshed.

• dosaidosai Member

@Maounique said:

https://www.livelaw.in/pdf_upload/pms10022023sc1352022130729-459139.pdf

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @Maounique said:

Comes nowhere near this:

@FatGrizzly said: If you're talking bout mobile plans,
    36.34$ for one year.

2.5 gb/day
    unlimited voice
    100 sms/day

so 80 gb a month is a bit more than 2.5 gb a day. I don't need voice so I dont want to pay for that, there were no data-only subscriptions so i have 200 min and sms including international which I don't use for 2 Eur a month including VAT, total 24 Eur a year so some 26 USD.

The prices are not comparable, though.

Average wage in India is somewhat lower than 350 USD in Romania is in excess of 1300 USD, i.e. prices are actually 3.5 times higher in India than the face value.

oooo romania boiii

@emgh said: Also please explain your stalking comparison when refreshed.

Well, by intercepting someone's communication, that is an obvious case of stalking, literally listening in...

• emghemgh Member
    edited March 2023

@Maounique said:

@emgh said: Also please explain your stalking comparison when refreshed.

Well, by intercepting someone's communication, that is an obvious case of stalking, literally listening in...

But the site is public. ”Anyone” can access it.

I imagine that’s someone shouting.

I guess you’re right if I’m at my client area, but I’d never even get there if it’s throwing error 500 right away.

Edit: I guess if you’ve logged in before the block and still have valid cookies from that point in time, it’s stalking!

edited March 2023

I'm sure it doesnt throw a 500, might iframe either to airtel.in/dot or airtel.in/court-orders

• Indian court orders took over a user generated cotnent site