Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Indian ISPs block Namecheap, Dynadot, Tucows, Sarek and Gransy - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Indian ISPs block Namecheap, Dynadot, Tucows, Sarek and Gransy

Comments

• @Boogeyman said:
    In my case Namecheap banned 17 domains at the same time and next day they banned 13 domains because I followed proper procedure of the registrar. Instead of threatening someone with a court order follow proper procedure of registrar. Even then you can't force a registrar to suspend/cancel a domain just because you don't like them. And even after suspension/cancellation of a domain a registrant can invoke registry and take his domain elsewhere. I will sue you in the court only works in your cinemas. Learn how power and jurisdictions work. FBI can seize .com because Verisign is under their jurisdiction. You can seize .in because that is under your jurisdiction.

Don't follow then. Be get blocked. The Indian Foreign Minister said the true words for some people/country with a similar thinking, "If it's you it's your problem, but if it's me it's your problem as well".

• kaitkait Member

@titaniumboy said: t's responsibility of the government to control scams with indians.

No it is not their responsibility.

@titaniumboy said: Freedom and Privacy are good at some limits.

No, Freedom and Privacy are good without limits. Read 1984 or something. You are getting assraped by the government and I don't like that.

• @kait said:

@titaniumboy said: t's responsibility of the government to control scams with indians.

No it is not their responsibility.

@titaniumboy said: Freedom and Privacy are good at some limits.

No, Freedom and Privacy are good without limits. Read 1984 or something. You are getting assraped by the government and I don't like that.

Lol, what's the work of government then, you look like assraped by a sick mentality.

It is the responsibility of the government to prevent their people from cyber scams.

Every country have some laws to prevent their people from online scams. Like if we take example of US then:
    Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA): This law makes it illegal to access a computer without authorization or to use a computer to commit fraud or other illegal activities. It also prohibits the distribution of malware, viruses, and other malicious software.
    CAN-SPAM Act: This law regulates commercial email messages and requires that they include an opt-out mechanism for consumers. It also prohibits false or misleading information in email headers and subject lines.
    Federal Trade Commission Act (FTC Act): The FTC Act gives the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) the authority to regulate unfair or deceptive practices in commerce, including online scams and fraudulent business practices.
    Electronic Funds Transfer Act (EFTA): This law establishes the rights and responsibilities of consumers who use electronic funds transfers, such as online banking and credit card transactions. It also sets limits on consumer liability for unauthorized transfers.
    Identity Theft and Assumption Deterrence Act: This law makes it a federal crime to use another person's identity to commit fraud or other illegal activities.

Another example, a European country Germany:
    German Criminal Code (StGB): The StGB makes it illegal to hack into a computer system or to use computer programs to commit fraud or other illegal activities.
    Act Against Unfair Competition (UWG): The UWG regulates commercial practices in Germany, including online scams and fraudulent business practices. It prohibits misleading advertising and requires that businesses provide accurate and truthful information to consumers.
    Data Protection Act (BDSG): The BDSG regulates the collection, use, and storage of personal data in Germany. It requires businesses to obtain consent from consumers before collecting their personal data and to take measures to protect that data from unauthorized access or theft.
    Telemedia Act (TMG): The TMG regulates the provision of electronic communication services in Germany, including online scams and fraudulent websites. It requires that businesses provide clear and accurate information to consumers about their services and prohibits misleading or deceptive practices.
    Payment Services Supervision Act (ZAG): The ZAG regulates payment services in Germany, including online payments and transactions. It requires that payment service providers obtain authorization from the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) and comply with strict security standards to protect consumers from fraud and unauthorized transactions.

Another example, China:
    Criminal Law of the People's Republic of China: The Criminal Law makes it illegal to use computer networks to commit fraud or other illegal activities. It also prohibits the spread of computer viruses, hacking, and other cybercrimes.
    Consumer Rights Protection Law: This law regulates commercial practices in China and requires that businesses provide accurate and truthful information to consumers. It also prohibits false or misleading advertising and requires that businesses obtain consent from consumers before collecting their personal data.
    E-commerce Law: The E-commerce Law regulates online transactions and requires that businesses provide clear and accurate information about their products and services. It also establishes rules for online dispute resolution and sets penalties for fraudulent online activities.
    Cybersecurity Law: The Cybersecurity Law regulates the use and protection of personal data in China. It requires that businesses protect consumers' personal data from unauthorized access or theft and establishes penalties for businesses that fail to comply with these requirements.
    Payment and Clearing Association of China (PCAC) Rules: The PCAC is a self-regulatory organization that establishes rules and standards for online payments and transactions in China. It requires that payment service providers obtain licenses and comply with strict security standards to protect consumers from fraud and unauthorized transactions.

If it's not the work of the government to prevent their people from scams then such rules haven't been made. Also, these are just a few example, there are many other rules in each country.

• @titaniumboy said: "If it's you it's your problem, but if it's me it's your problem as well".

Well so where do you differ paji from them?

BTW enough talk. While noobs fighting over this and Russian thread our Billu babu is making all the money from providers. So I quit here.

• kaitkait Member

@titaniumboy said: Lol, what's the work of government then

Pajeet, how retarded are you? Stop writing essays no one cares.

• @Boogeyman said:

@titaniumboy said: "If it's you it's your problem, but if it's me it's your problem as well".

Well so where do you differ paji from them?

BTW enough talk. While noobs fighting over this and Russian thread our Billu babu is making all the money from providers. So I quit here.

Every indian is not paji, and every paji is not indian as well. Paji is mostly used for Sikhs or Punjabis from the State of Punjab in India. There are 29 states in India and each of them have different geography, different culture and different history yet living with a union and love.

• @kait said:

It shows how much sick mentality you guys have, can't read essays properly so started talking non sense.

• dosaidosai Member

@kait said:

Why do you keep saying pajeet?

• @dosai said:

@kait said:

It shows their sick mentality bro. "Pajeet" is a derogatory term that is commonly used to refer to people from South Asia, particularly India. This term is offensive and demeaning and should not be used.

• kaitkait Member

@dosai said:

@kait said:

Because he is talking nonsense.

• @kait said:

@dosai said:

@kait said:

What I'm saying is non sense and what you're saying is fine. Nice. You disrespect a country's law, their people's feeling and when they lecture you then you says he's talking non sense. Wow, I am amazed with your behaviour and sense of talking.

• @dosai said:

@kait said:

It's fun till a point, then its annoying.

• @kait said:

If no one means you, then yes.
    I think that people need a bit more clarification to understand the topic they are dealing with. Unless you are a know-it-all, you would have also cared.

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

@kait said:

@dosai said:

@kait said:

Everyone has different POV and I think that you can argue , debate or just leave the conversation but discriminating will be bad and that's not LET is for either.

• jlet88jlet88 Member
    edited March 2023

@kait said:
    Read 1984 or something.

Glad you brought up 1984, which should be on everyone's must-read list. Sadly prophetic, was originally intended as satire, Orwell nailed so many issues we're dealing with today. One of the great dystopian masterpieces, but more than that, a warning that keeps confirming its premise with each passing decade.

Very few people read or really think any more. They just spout opinions as facts and troll people they disagree with, or just for kicks. The louder, the better. The more emotional, the more justified. 2 + 2 = 5. Truth and reason are the first casualties. It's sad. And much of this thread is like an echo chamber of ignorance.

So yeah, you're right about 1984. Everyone should read it.

Thanked by 1kait
  • TrKTrK Member

@BingoBongo said: Read the original first post before commenting like a stupid

I have read all the posts and the only outcome was a continue shit show, it keeps happening and it will keep happening, when i report a domain to the registrar with valid proofs even if i am not involved in the case, the registrars took action 8 out of 10 times, as for court order shits well there is something called law of the land, and no not every one honors the court orders from other countries, godaddy has presence in india and honors the court orders or even written notices, you can't expect same from a registrar who doesn't have presence in india, they will just outright ignore the court orders. It happened multiple times just think about it, and if you think this was stupid well i don't think i have much to say, you can use this block code to ignore messages that have anything that includes my name. lowendtalk.com##.Comment:has-text(/TrK/)

• kaitkait Member

My apologies if I hurt someones feelings, I just get super riled up when a government says it does the right stuff while in fact not caring about people and their privacy/right to information. Yes registrars listen to normal requests but some don't, I like the fact that its hard to take a domain down which means that part of the Internet isn't policed hard (yet). When a government blocks VPN's and requires them to keep logs they have failed hard in my eyes. That is all I wanted to say but I got carried away to hard. Sorry for that :smile:

Thanked by 1jlet88
  • update: received email from Dynadot
    dynadot can now be reached via new website address: dynadot.in

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited March 2023

internet is world wide web, divided by each countries' laws/regulations that is hindering the meaning of world-wide. sadly.

• Wondering how much GoDaddy paid for this.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@louiejordan said: No need to be nervous, this is already a regular operation of the Indians.

This is why the Internet is so expensive and capped in India.

$0.68 per GB.

I mean, come on. I pay 2 Eur for 80 GB and then lower but usable speed PLUS 200 min and SMS in most countries of the world. And their fiber price for 100 mbps is what I pay for 10 gbps.

India used to have cheap rates, but that is in the past, together with real democracy and rule of law. The only way is down from here, more nationalism, more isolationism, eventually war and collapse.

• dosaidosai Member

@Maounique said:

@louiejordan said: No need to be nervous, this is already a regular operation of the Indians.

Lolwat

• 20th March Update: dynadot.com is now accessible from all ISPs. Namecheap.com, gransy.com and sarek.fi are still not accessible with 2 ISPs, irrespective of changing dns servers to 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 or any other. Hope it resolves soon.

• @dosai said:

@Maounique said:

Lolwat

He has his own imaginary world where Europe and USA are champions of Human rights and Democracy and rest of the world is living in stone age.

Thanked by 1dosai
  • can confirm that namecheap still dont work on Jio

edited March 2023

@BingoBongo said: He has his own imaginary world where Europe and USA are champions of Human rights and Democracy and rest of the world is living in stone age.

There is a reason why Democracy and Human Rights are leading to prosperity and that is the Rule of Law.
    The Rule of Law becomes degraded first, when the first signs of dictatorship appear. That leads to investors no longer feeling safe when threatened with a lawsuit and they did nothing wrong or when "inspectors" come to find reasons to close a newspaper first and a regular business of "undesirables" later.

This is a breakdown of the Rule of Law. The registrars are not responsible for the content people are hosting using third party hosts god knows in which jurisdiction. If you want to block "illegal" content in your country, then block the content, not the whole host/domain seller. Furthermore, the Indian government can't dictate the Law in other countries. Hindering innocent users of a foreign business within India as a retaliation for said business refusing to conform to a jurisdiction they have no connection with is illegal under international treaties.

What if EU would block all EU citizens and companies from purchasing stuff from Indian companies (even temporarily) because some Indian companies are making replicas of EU-registered trade-marks instead of cracking down only on the fakes?

How about blocking Ali-baba for the same reason? Or eBay?

This is not how international trade is done.

Thanked by 3Luke007 jlet88 martheen
  • dosaidosai Member

@Maounique said:

@BingoBongo said: He has his own imaginary world where Europe and USA are champions of Human rights and Democracy and rest of the world is living in stone age.

There is a reason why Democracy and Human Rights are leading to prosperity and that is the Rule of Law.
    The Rule of Law becomes degraded first, when the first signs of dictatorship appear. That leads to investors no longer feeling safe when threatened with a lawsuit and they did nothing wrong or when "inspectors" come to find reasons to close a newspaper first and a regular business of "undesirables" later.

This is a breakdown of the Rule of Law. The registrars are not responsible for the content people are hosting using third party hosts god knows in which jurisdiction. If you want to block "illegal" content in your country, then block the content, not the whole host/domain seller. Furthermore, the Indian government can't dictate the Law in other countries. Hindering innocent users of a foreign business within India as a retaliation for said business refusing to conform to a jurisdiction they have no connection with is illegal under international treaties.

What if EU would block all EU citizens and companies from purchasing stuff from Indian companies (even temporarily) because some Indian companies are making replicas of EU-registered trade-marks instead of cracking down only on the fakes?

Are you using chatgpt to generate these texts?

@dosai said: Are you using chatgpt to generate these texts?

Have you ever used ChatGPT?

• @Maounique said:

Look who is preaching us. His own country get benefited from exploiting others for centuries.. LOL :lol:

• dosaidosai Member

@Maounique said:

@dosai said: Are you using chatgpt to generate these texts?

Have you ever used ChatGPT?

No, please teach me because seems like you are quite experienced in it.