Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Mumbai datacenter - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Mumbai datacenter

Comments

• Great share.. thanks.. So OVH India is fully authorized to collect GST.. Hope everything will go smoothly as their other DC..
    However their UI and support is still awful and pathetic..

Anyway I will definitely buy Indian server from OVH very soon :smiley:

• WindsOfChangeWindsOfChange Member
    edited March 2023

@BingoBongo said:

Great share.. thanks.. So OVH India is fully authorized to collect GST.. Hope everything will go smoothly as their other DC..
    However their UI and support is still awful and pathetic..

Anyway I will definitely buy Indian server from OVH very soon :smiley:

Sure, go ahead, as soon as you pay them in USD or EUR, you are in FERA violation!!! If you don't know what that means, then your a child

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

@BingoBongo said:
    @OVH_APAC can you please clarify if you are an Indian registered entity? If not then why you are collecting extra %18 for GST!??

And will you refund the GST you collecting if you are not an Indian registered entity??

We can't open a support ticket on OVH's website directly as the whole world knows that OVH has the worst UI and worst customer support. Even a Nigerian prince provides better support than OVH

Im not a tax expert but will dig out more internally if there is still question , here is what i can answer:

In order to comply with Indian regulations, please note that OVHcloud services rendered to Indian customers are subject to Indian Goods and Services Tax (GST).

For Indian residents, GST collection depends on your status:

• For Indian business customers with a valid GST identification number, GST is collected by Indian business customers under the reverse-charge mechanism.
    • For Indian customers with no GST identification number, OVHcloud invoices Indian GST.

Please make sure to update your data in your account profile : if you have valid GST identification number, ensure that you are registered under “Company”, and enter your GST identification number in the appropriate field.

How to access to it : Control Panel right menu > Manage my account > Edit my profile > Select your account type corresponding to your situation > If you’re a company complete your Goods and Services Tax number (GST) information before confirm your modification.

Hope this helps

Thanked by 1greentea
  • btw just noticed that the time to setup from order is 20d ? Is that correct ? I just placed an order and am reaally wondering if its normal to have a 20d waiting time ( not minutes or even hours ) @OVH_APAC

• desperanddesperand Member
    edited April 2023

@MikeA said: You would think after having this same problem with every location rollout in the past 10 years they would optimize routing (especially local routing) before selling lol.

Hi. Tell me please, but do they (OVH) change routing or not at all (as far as you're familiar and track that stuff). Just curious, because i have warsaw related issues, they have in the same Warsaw city between all networks +20ms latency in the SAME CITY. I've reported them - they close my ticket, and thanks god not banned yet.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@desperand said:

@MikeA said: You would think after having this same problem with every location rollout in the past 10 years they would optimize routing (especially local routing) before selling lol.

Hi. Tell me please, but do they (OVH) change routing or not at all (as far as you're familiar and track that stuff). Just curious, because i have warsaw related issues, they have in the same Warsaw city between all networks +20ms latency in the SAME CITY. I've reported them - they close my ticket, and thanks god not banned yet.

I only had them change routing back when Singapore was new via mailing list. Opening a support ticket usually doesn't have any good results when it comes to routing.
    But maybe things have changed.

@shreyasubale said:
    btw just noticed that the time to setup from order is 20d ? Is that correct ? I just placed an order and am reaally wondering if its normal to have a 20d waiting time ( not minutes or even hours ) @OVH_APAC

Hello @shreyasubale
    We had a tremendous success with the Advance-1 Dedicated Server hosted in India (https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/lp/india-datacenter/) and we are connecting more servers at this location. The waiting time should be shorter than 20 days and the website will show "120s availability" as soon as more machines are connected.

• bh4techbh4tech Member
    edited April 2023

@OVH_APAC Please provide Kimsufi with intel atom and 4GB RAM in India. Bandwidth can be capped in proportion to the pricing. So, you can offer 3 products with same price,CPU,RAM,uplink speed and disk(similar to France), but with capped bandwidth-
    1)1TB HDD=$5.99(bandwidth cap of 3TB)
    Even vultr provides 3TB of bandwidth with $5 VPS(1TB on VPS+2TB on account), so OVH can surely provide that at $5.99
    2)2TB HDD=$10.94(bandwidth cap of 6TB)
    3)2x2TB HDD=$17.03(bandwidth cap of 9TB).

Since your Advance servers are out of stock in Mumbai and intel atom servers are out of stock in France, while restocking considering introducing intel atom servers in Mumbai

• @OVH_APAC said:

@BingoBongo said:
    @OVH_APAC can you please clarify if you are an Indian registered entity? If not then why you are collecting extra %18 for GST!??

And will you refund the GST you collecting if you are not an Indian registered entity??

We can't open a support ticket on OVH's website directly as the whole world knows that OVH has the worst UI and worst customer support. Even a Nigerian prince provides better support than OVH

Im not a tax expert but will dig out more internally if there is still question , here is what i can answer:

In order to comply with Indian regulations, please note that OVHcloud services rendered to Indian customers are subject to Indian Goods and Services Tax (GST).

• For Indian business customers with a valid GST identification number, GST is collected by Indian business customers under the reverse-charge mechanism.
    • For Indian customers with no GST identification number, OVHcloud invoices Indian GST. Please make sure to update your data in your account profile : if you have valid GST identification number, ensure that you are registered under “Company”, and enter your GST identification number in the appropriate field.

How to access to it : Control Panel right menu > Manage my account > Edit my profile > Select your account type corresponding to your situation > If you’re a company complete your Goods and Services Tax number (GST) information before confirm your modification.

Hope this helps

Since OVH is now registered in India and is providing services in India as well, its time you should start invoicing in INR as well. It makes much more sense for the Indian customers.

Thanked by 1WindsOfChange
  • @Diamondz said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@BingoBongo said:

• For Indian customers with no GST identification number, OVHcloud invoices Indian GST. Please make sure to update your data in your account profile : if you have valid GST identification number, ensure that you are registered under “Company”, and enter your GST identification number in the appropriate field.

Hope this helps

Since OVH is now registered in India and is providing services in India as well, its time you should start invoicing in INR as well. It makes much more sense for the Indian customers.

As per my understanding it's a requirement for company rehistered in India (As OVH charging GST) to charge Indian customer in INR.

@OVH_APAC can you explain why Indian clients needs to pay with GST?

And any Indian company here who can you provide more details if I'm right or wrong??

• speedypagespeedypage Member, Patron Provider

@OVH_APAC said:

@shreyasubale said:
    btw just noticed that the time to setup from order is 20d ? Is that correct ? I just placed an order and am reaally wondering if its normal to have a 20d waiting time ( not minutes or even hours ) @OVH_APAC

Hello @shreyasubale
    We had a tremendous success with the Advance-1 Dedicated Server hosted in India (https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/lp/india-datacenter/) and we are connecting more servers at this location. The waiting time should be shorter than 20 days and the website will show "120s availability" as soon as more machines are connected.

I ordered one. Hopefully it delivers soon :)

• dosaidosai Member

@speedypage said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@shreyasubale said:

Hello @shreyasubale

Would you be launching Indian vps soon?

• speedypagespeedypage Member, Patron Provider

@dosai said:

@speedypage said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@shreyasubale said:

Hello @shreyasubale

;) o:)

Thanked by 2dosai sh97
  • Not sure if it's teething issues but I have had 5 system faults in the past week requiring a complete system reboot by the DC technicians.

• All did get automatically detected by the OVH monitoring & resolved by the DC technicians automatically but simply having so many is not good news.

• @bh4tech said:
    @OVH_APAC Please provide Kimsufi with intel atom and 4GB RAM in India. Bandwidth can be capped in proportion to the pricing. So, you can offer 3 products with same price,CPU,RAM,uplink speed and disk(similar to France), but with capped bandwidth-
    Even vultr provides 3TB of bandwidth with $5 VPS(1TB on VPS+2TB on account), so OVH can surely provide that at $5.99

Since your Advance servers are out of stock in Mumbai and intel atom servers are out of stock in France, while restocking considering introducing intel atom servers in Mumbai

There is no chance, Atoms aren't even in UK/DE/PL. They don't build new ones, they just put old ones back into the deployment pool.

@TomasSystems said:

@bh4tech said:

There is no chance, Atoms aren't even in UK/DE/PL. They don't build new ones, they just put old ones back into the deployment pool.

There will be soon (in ~3 or 4 days) stock available for the Advance-1 server hosted in INDIA and still at the same discounted price for a limited period: https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/lp/india-datacenter/ (https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/bare-metal/advance/adv-1/).
    We will bring more dedicated servers at this location in a few months from the advance range to start with: https://www.ovhcloud.com/asia/bare-metal/advance/

edited April 2023

@dosai said:

Not at the moment, we are focusing on rolling out our baremetal servers at this time. You may also wish to provide your contact at https://www.ovhcloud.com/asia/lp/india-datacenter/ to receive the latest news/roll outs on India.

Thanked by 1dosai
  • AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2023

@bh4tech said:

Absolutely no way they will do this, they own the datacenter in France and have a lot of these old servers lying around so they can do it. It's definitely not profitable to send these Atom servers over to India with import duties and shipping costs, they barely make a profit on those Atom servers in France. They likely sell them in France because they have them from when they used to sell them as a mainstream product many years ago. They will only stock modern servers in these new locations, because space is more valuable and they are most likely focused on profitability. VPS and the network is way different compared to OVH, so you can't expect them to match the bandwidth levels and cost of Vultr.

• And will you refund the GST you collecting if you are not an Indian registered entity??

• @qquccs said:

"Ovhtech R&D (India) Private Limited is a 5 years 2 months old Private Limited Indian Non-Government Company incorporated on 08 Jan 2018. Its registered office is in Bangalore, Karnataka, India."

They are registered.

• @TomasSystems said:

@qquccs said:

"Ovhtech R&D (India) Private Limited is a 5 years 2 months old Private Limited Indian Non-Government Company incorporated on 08 Jan 2018. Its registered office is in Bangalore, Karnataka, India."

They are registered.

@qquccs said:

It doesn't matter.. they are forcing Indian users to pay in USD $ which is completely illegal.

And also they are ignoring my question regarding the same. So I don't think they will refund the gst.

Wait for some times I will Submit an official complaint to Indian Authorities. And let's see how OVH handle this.

Right @OVH_APAC ?

• cancelled my newly provisioned server today. @OVH_APAC you guys really need to work on your support. There is a huge delay in creating a ticket and getting a reply on it. @leapswitch does much better in this regard. For now i have switched, i hope in the future you guys get better.

Thanked by 1MikeA

@BingoBongo said:

@TomasSystems said:

@qquccs said:

They are registered.

@qquccs said:

It doesn't matter.. they are forcing Indian users to pay in USD $ which is completely illegal.

And also they are ignoring my question regarding the same. So I don't think they will refund the gst.

Wait for some times I will Submit an official complaint to Indian Authorities. And let's see how OVH handle this.

Right @OVH_APAC ?

Hello @BingoBongo ,

I already replied on this GST topic earlier and I have re-added my answer below.
    Regarding payments, we will open in the coming months a new website for Indians collecting payment in INR.

• For Indian customers with no GST identification number, OVHcloud invoices Indian GST.

Please make sure to update your data in your account profile : if you have valid GST identification number, ensure that you are registered under “Company”, and enter your GST identification number in the appropriate field.

• @dosai said:

ssdnodes just launched Mumbai 8GB VPS for $3/month

• dosaidosai Member

@WindsOfChange said:

@dosai said:

ssdnodes just launched Mumbai 8GB VPS for $3/month

ssdnodes have terrible reputation.

• Just bought an ssdnodes VPS in Mumbai DC and everything seems fine (as of now) according to price but with one exception- both the IPv4 and IPv6 show US location. I have opened a ticket,lets see how things go. Will keep everyone updated

• dosaidosai Member

@bh4tech said:
    Just bought an ssdnodes VPS in Mumbai DC and everything seems fine (as of now) according to price but with one exception- both the IPv4 and IPv6 show US location. I have opened a ticket,lets see how things go. Will keep everyone updated

Paid for 3 years?

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@bh4tech said:
    Just bought an ssdnodes VPS in Mumbai DC and everything seems fine (as of now) according to price but with one exception- both the IPv4 and IPv6 show US location. I have opened a ticket,lets see how things go. Will keep everyone updated

i've heard it's usually decent at first but performance will degrade. they also do some strange memory ballooning shit.

here's someone noting that issue with them: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/179734/who-is-the-cheapest-dedicated-server-provider/p2
    memory benchmark: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3252488/#Comment_3252488