Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pulsed Media MiniServers // Transcoding Servers // Streaming Servers!! NVMe+1G Unmetered FROM 29.99€ - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pulsed Media MiniServers // Transcoding Servers // Streaming Servers!! NVMe+1G Unmetered FROM 29.99€

Comments

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@jahrinc said:
    Possible to get Windows installed on these machines?

No.

@Samidare said:
    Invoice #178114

I'm not sure if it also applies to July 4th deal but thanks anyway.

+1 month added.

• @PulsedMedia said: +1 month added.

Thank you, I see it's extended to Sep 5.
    What should I do about already generated unpaid invoice due on Aug 5 (Invoice #178636).

@Samidare said:

@PulsedMedia said: +1 month added.

Thank you, I see it's extended to Sep 5.
    What should I do about already generated unpaid invoice due on Aug 5 (Invoice #178636).

open ticket or if you pay it normal extension.

• Invoice #178077 @PulsedMedia

@amaeva080 said:
    Invoice #178077 @PulsedMedia

+1 month added

Thanked by 1amaeva080

There's now MD6 i5-8500t option too for 39.99€ per month

A few units of other models available right now as well.

• Order Number: 6964125458
    Please add the one month. @PulsedMedia

edited September 2023

@amaeva080 said:
    Order Number: 6964125458
    Please add the one month. @PulsedMedia

that offer ended a long time ago, sorry.

@PulsedMedia said: Offer valid until 14th of August OR to maximum of 30 free months given out

@amaeva080 said:
    :'( :'(

better luck next time tho :)

Oh and remember that if you need storage, the fees on the MD contributes to the storage box bonus storage too! :)

4 new models. Yea, Not One, But FOUR! new models just added!
    New models range from 29.99€ to 44.99€, 16G to 64G RAM, 1TB to 2TB Storage, i5 and i7 options

https://pulsedmedia.com/minidedi-dedicated-servers-finland.php

• NanjaNanja Member
    edited September 2023

@PulsedMedia said:
    New models range from 29.99€ to 44.99€, 16G to 64G RAM, 1TB to 2TB Storage, i5 and i7 options

Hello, could you assist me?
    The monthly price coming out to be $197.40USD and google says it should be $48.35USD if I use a price converter.

@Nanja said:

@PulsedMedia said:

The monthly price coming out to be $197.40USD and google says it should be $48.35USD if I use a price converter.

You have multiple things in your cart, click continue and see what's in your cart.

• @PulsedMedia said:

@Nanja said:

@PulsedMedia said:

You have multiple things in your cart, click continue and see what's in your cart.

Thank you, the cart is empty... It still shows high price.
    I just use a different browser, that works fine.

edited September 2023

@Nanja said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Nanja said:

@PulsedMedia said:

Thank you, the cart is empty... It still shows high price.
    I just use a different browser, that works fine.

So some sort of cookie thing, perhaps you had checked higher quantity?

glad you found the solution

• Just checking in -- are reboots/reinstall automated yet? Just holding out on that :D

@caracal said:
    Just checking in -- are reboots/reinstall automated yet? Just holding out on that :D

For some of the nodes, half way. not fully.
    Debian 11 can be automatically reinstalled for many of the nodes, where remote reboots can be done.

No customer interface yet.
    We are starting to build the infrastructure to manage the quantities we need soon, once that is done we will begin work on customer facing self service stuff.

You could say the remote reboots just passed production proof of concept level with flying colors, and now we need the things to tie it all together and streamline :)

Thanked by 1caracal

There's new models available with i5-8500t / i7-7700t.
    Quite low stock in general, but a few is available but check them out https://pulsedmedia.com/minidedi-dedicated-servers-finland.php

1. Is the 1Gbps port of your dedicated server a dedicated port or a shared port?
      2.Do you support IP declaration? If supported, do I need to pay for it?
    2. We need a dedicated server quantity of 1Gbps * 20. Can we provide a quotation for dedicated servers with unified configuration specifications?
  • host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2023

OK, guys, FIB aka Forward Information base is in RAM, it is the first accessed by the router for, well, routes, destinations to reach, this is valid for all routers on the planet, even tenda/edimax or whatever cheap shit.

Storing full BGP table will consume Ra ton of ram, each BGP session will consume a few hundred MB ram.

some devices let you modify where to store FIB, although, Brand names will not, I cannot remember Cisco for letting me do this, nor JUNOS, but again, never checked, so not 100% sure on this. And since FIB is used extensively, I would really not store it on slow memory.

Having 2 providers with ipv4+ipv6 and full BGP, you will need a lot of RAM on that router, regardless what ASIC it has inside. Beside RAM you will need some serious CPU power.

Some providers have 2 routers for this, 1 for IPV4 one for IPV6. - we might do the same.

Some only get the default route aka 0.0.0.0/0 for the BGP sessions, to save memory.

Problem in IPV6, well, actually challenge in IPV6 is filtering, firewall, and this is because IPV6 was thought to be more "automatic" then manual setup, and exactly those automatons are a headache for the security team in a company.

My personal view, again, personal, what the hack to do with a /64 ( 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 IP's ) on a 2 core vps???

I even saw /48, that is 65536 x 18,446,744,073,709,551,616. WTF???

Imagine to firewall that shit. And I mean firewall to protect the network as ISP for your clients services, so you can have that 1G bandwidth promised.

I get that 10,20,100 ip's is nice to have, but.... well I fail to see the benefit for , other than VPN, again guys, before you slam the hammer, 2 core vps.

Also, for us, that do networking for 20+ years, having numbers in IP is a little, well, "not standar: :smiley:

@maverick , I do not wish to get in a quarrel with you, but calling providers "lazy or incompetent" is a bit harsh. Some do not wish to have their network exposed to complications, because it works just fine, or do not have the personnel to do this, or other factors. If you do not like it that they do not have IPV6, just get a service from who does, move on. This is LET by the way, you will understand if you read until the end of this.

Personally I hate the concept of IPV6's automatons and self discovery.

We have IPV6 implemented, and got stuck a software level, fail to provision it automatically to the VPS, for the moment, will get over this obstacle, just to get off @yoursunny noughty list :smiley:

But again, 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 IP's for a 2 core vps ...........

Problem in IPV6 was that they started to make the concept too early, they thought that IPV4 will end so they wanted to replace it starting 1998, well, here we are in 2023 and you can still get IPV4. Also problem was back then that ASIC's doing NAT in the late 90s were, well, as powerful as an iphone 14 today ( mainstream routers, not datacenter level), so not doing NAT seemed a perfectly reasonable thing to do, dropping header checksum might not, but whatever.

15 years forward, NAT is not a problem. The problem in IPV4 routing today is that most of the core routers globally are 10-15 years old devices, and to replace them costs $$$.$$$ of dollars, also pretty complicated to change.
    It will take a lot of time, until IPV6 will be mainstream and have large adoption, mostly because of security filtering and so on.

@PulsedMedia sorry to hijack your post, I just wanted to shade a light to those that read the above, ISP providers do care about IPV6, but a right way to implement it is much more tricky than most think, taking all the factors into consideration.

Also @PulsedMedia , happy selling, may you sell more than you thought :smiley:

• @host_c said: @maverick , I do not wish to get in a quarrel with you, but calling providers "lazy or incompetent" is a bit harsh.

Dear @host_c if you're digging up things from distant past and replying to them, next time please also go through all replies. When you do your homework in this case, you'll quickly notice that I already apologized for my bad choice of words, only a day later.

Thanked by 1host_c
  • host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

@maverick said:

@host_c said: @maverick , I do not wish to get in a quarrel with you, but calling providers "lazy or incompetent" is a bit harsh.

Dear @host_c if you're digging up things from distant past and replying to them, next time please also go through all replies. When you do your homework in this case, you'll quickly notice that I already apologized for my bad choice of words, only a day later.

Sry, I skipped a page

@spoit_sun said:
    1. Is the 1Gbps port of your dedicated server a dedicated port or a shared port?
    2.Do you support IP declaration? If supported, do I need to pay for it?
    3. We need a dedicated server quantity of 1Gbps * 20. Can we provide a quotation for dedicated servers with unified configuration specifications?

1) Dedicated per node, but shared a little bit higher. It's not 1Gbps Guaranteed, but 1Gbps best-effort depending on your neighbors.

2) No

3) It is possible. Without knowing your requirements i cannot give an offer.

@host_c said: FIB aka Forward Information base

For non-professionals; This name can change between router providers. FIB in Juniper, some call it lookup tables, some don't name it at all.

Brocade for example calls this CAM if i recall right.

@host_c said: My personal view, again, personal, what the hack to do with a /64 ( 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 IP's ) on a 2 core vps???

I even saw /48, that is 65536 x 18,446,744,073,709,551,616. WTF???

So you can annoy the provider by using every and each one of them just once, causing the caches to fill up and cut connectivity from others ofc! .. oh i meant to say ePeen! ;) ;)

@host_c said: We have IPV6 implemented, and got stuck a software level, fail to provision it automatically to the VPS, for the moment, will get over this obstacle, just to get off @yoursunny noughty list :smiley:

Considering that list is more like "hard to track, censor and jail people" reasoned origination for the IPv6 religious zealotry from him... Yes, that's why he advocates IPv6, because it's easier to track and jail people(!!), silencing wrong opinions. ... I wouldn't be too worried about that :)

w0h00!!
    Pricing page has been updated and we got now 15 DIFFERENT MODELS ! :O

Page now features Value Kings for you Min/Maxxers out there, and spotlights to make picking Just The Right Type Of Node For You much easier.

• Thanks, been having fun with my box!
    How's the user panel going along ? ( and do you want beta testers?) :D

@caracal said:
    Thanks, been having fun with my box!
    How's the user panel going along ? ( and do you want beta testers?) :D

We are still building the backend codebase, slowly getting there.
    let's just say the way we need to manage somethings in the backend are ... a little bit different than typical.

We have quite good idea how we want to build the things tho.
    Here is an update from 10th of October: https://pulsedmedia.com/clients/announcements.php?id=619

Thanked by 1caracal
  • @PulsedMedia said:
    Here is an update from 10th of October: https://pulsedmedia.com/clients/announcements.php?id=619
    There is a rescue mode already if you need it, and you can install any distro via rescue mode.

I couldn't find anything in the client area. Where can I activate the rescue mode? I would like to install Ubuntu with debootstrap.

@babuum said:

@PulsedMedia said:
    There is a rescue mode already if you need it, and you can install any distro via rescue mode.

I couldn't find anything in the client area. Where can I activate the rescue mode? I would like to install Ubuntu with debootstrap.

Ticket like everything else right now. A human needs to initiate it at our end :(

Thanked by 1babuum
  • I cannot access and reboot vps
    The support department is so slow, I have created a support ticket for more than 48 hours and no one has responded.

• swordsword Member
    edited November 2023

651077 - I mistakenly entered a letter in my email address,Please process my ticket(651077). The email address is incorrect and I dare not make payment.