Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free IncogVPN BETA - WireGuard / IKEv2 - Ad Blocking, No Logging, DNS over Tor, No Bullshit - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free IncogVPN BETA - WireGuard / IKEv2 - Ad Blocking, No Logging, DNS over Tor, No Bullshit

Comments

• gbzret4dgbzret4d Member
    edited February 2023

Will you offer ssh tunnels or socks/http proxies?
    That would make the difference between you and many vpn providers out there

• @gbzret4d said:

WireGuard is the deal, lol.

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited February 2023

@gbzret4d said:

sounds cool, also shadowsocks for possible chinese customers.

but yeah, it would require maintenance of more software and making sure its secure.
    apparmor / se is def required for keeping it all tight(but it would be also ideal for any wireguard deployment).

• @treesmokah said:
    many networks have udp blocked entirely.

Source?

• @TimboJones said:

@treesmokah said:
    many networks have udp blocked entirely.

Source?

https://ntc.party/

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Coming soon: Port forwarding and management of it from the control panel (WHMCS)

Looking into multi-hopping.

Okay, so now an option exists where you can setup 5 different configs that you create / control per location. Optionally get a dedicated IP, as well. (Example above has one). You also have internal traffic enabled on your internal /24 so you can have your different devices communicate.

First 10 get a dedicated IP: https://portal.incognet.io/cart.php?a=add&pid=116

• @MannDude said: Okay, so now an option exists where you can setup 5 different configs that you create / control per location. Optionally get a dedicated IP, as well. (Example above has one). You also have internal traffic enabled on your internal /24 so you can have your different devices communicate.

How is DMCA etc handled on Dedicated IP's?

• @MannDude said:
    Coming soon: Port forwarding and management of it from the control panel (WHMCS)

Looking into multi-hopping.

Okay, so now an option exists where you can setup 5 different configs that you create / control per location. Optionally get a dedicated IP, as well. (Example above has one). You also have internal traffic enabled on your internal /24 so you can have your different devices communicate.

First 10 get a dedicated IP: https://portal.incognet.io/cart.php?a=add&pid=116

Aaaand gone lol. I wonder how many minutes before you hit 10 :)

• This service plan is temporarily out of stock - buyVPN? ;)

Thanked by 1kait
  • @hyperblast said:
    This service plan is temporarily out of stock - buyVPN? ;)

I guess there were only 10 in stock, so fcfs.

• I am interested getting a port forwarding service. Let me know how much it would cost.

edited February 2023

@alt_ said:

@hyperblast said:

I've added more of that in stock, but it doesn't include a dedicated IP.

Port forwarding will be a feature, but likely only available on our higher priced plan and not enabled by default. The feature offers a lot of legitimate usefulness but also is a doorway to abuse.

Still working things out on our end, but will probably do three different plans:

• Personal VPN. Choose your location(s). You get one config per location. Lowest potential speeds between the three locations, but still more than suitable for normal VPN usage (browsing the web, streaming content, etc)
    • Professional VPN. Choose your location(s). You get 3 self-created configs per location. This is similar to what is above on this page. Shared IP just like the Personal VPN. Speeds somewhere in between the two other plans. More suitable for people with multiple devices or needs for multiple connections or higher overall speeds.
    • Enterprise VPN. Choose your location(s). Optional dedicated IP (per location), private internal vlan per location (ex: 10.4.2.0/24) and multiple self created configs per location. This would also allow you to have port forwarding as an option, either at the regular cost of the plan or as an added cost to the plan (undecided). Speeds on this plan will be the highest between the three.

All still a big work in progress so things are bound to change some. Main reason behind this thread was to get some real world use measured and (so far) everything appears to be running smoothly.

Anyone experience any issues?

New York Beta (multi-peer, private internal vlan, SHARED IP): https://portal.incognet.io/cart.php?a=add&pid=116

Idaho Beta (single peer, shared ip): https://portal.incognet.io/cart.php?a=add&pid=111

Thanked by 1tototo
  • alt_alt_ Member
    edited February 2023

@MannDude said:

@alt_ said:

@hyperblast said:

I've added more of that in stock, but it doesn't include a dedicated IP.

Port forwarding will be a feature, but likely only available on our higher priced plan and not enabled by default. The feature offers a lot of legitimate usefulness but also is a doorway to abuse.

Still working things out on our end, but will probably do three different plans:

• Personal VPN. Choose your location(s). You get one config per location. Lowest potential speeds between the three locations, but still more than suitable for normal VPN usage (browsing the web, streaming content, etc)
    • Professional VPN. Choose your location(s). You get 3 self-created configs per location. This is similar to what is above on this page. Shared IP just like the Personal VPN. Speeds somewhere in between the two other plans. More suitable for people with multiple devices or needs for multiple connections or higher overall speeds.
    • Enterprise VPN. Choose your location(s). Optional dedicated IP (per location), private internal vlan per location (ex: 10.4.2.0/24) and multiple self created configs per location. This would also allow you to have port forwarding as an option, either at the regular cost of the plan or as an added cost to the plan (undecided). Speeds on this plan will be the highest between the three.

All still a big work in progress so things are bound to change some. Main reason behind this thread was to get some real world use measured and (so far) everything appears to be running smoothly.

Anyone experience any issues?

New York Beta (multi-peer, private internal vlan, SHARED IP): https://portal.incognet.io/cart.php?a=add&pid=116

Idaho Beta (single peer, shared ip): https://portal.incognet.io/cart.php?a=add&pid=111

That sounds great! It seems that the Idaho location has a better connection with Rogers, as it is tested has higher bandwidth (from Ontario) compared to Frantech in NYC. I was wondering if you have any plans to offer port forwarding as an individual service, like load balancers that AWS/GCP offers? It would be really convenient to have both services in one place.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • I am in China, tried the service, the fast test speed is 90m, which is very good, but it seems that no ipv6 address is provided

• @alt_ said:

@gbzret4d said:

Not if you want to use it only for some programms

@gbzret4d said:

@alt_ said:

@gbzret4d said:

Not if you want to use it only for some programms

Pretty sure you can still use WireGuard like that, but it's to be configured on your end. Split tunneling isn't really anything I've looked into as it's sort of an obscure use case, but I'll look more into it as well.

Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • pointless bump

• VPN admin interface looks great, congrats and good luck with the new project!

• It seemed to be working well on public wifi when I was using it last month, but then didn't seem to be able to 'complete the handshake' when I tried doing it again on the same network this week. I'm not sure why.

• alt_alt_ Member

@vpnfail said:
    VPN admin interface looks great, congrats and good luck with the new project!

Hi, would you like to add my proxy to your listings?

• @alt_ said:

@vpnfail said:
    VPN admin interface looks great, congrats and good luck with the new project!

Hi, would you like to add my proxy to your listings?

Sending you a DM :)

edited March 2023

PM me if you want to test out the port forwarding. It's not enabled by default. @treesmokah or @kait, I believe one of you two (or both?) had expressed interest in this. Happy to let you test it out.

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited March 2023

@MannDude said:

PM me if you want to test out the port forwarding. It's not enabled by default. @treesmokah or @kait, I believe one of you two (or both?) had expressed interest in this. Happy to let you test it out.

Cool stuff.
    Not sure about Kait, but I indeed had interest in it.

Is it present on all plans or only dedicated-ip?
    Is there any restriction on what ports you are able to use?

• kaitkait Member

Thanks for the mention @MannDude currently not needed but always cool to have more options in the based vpn space, still have my vpn subscription untill 2025.

• @MannDude if there's a chance to try out port forwarding on beta, please let me know. Thanks :)

• TeoMTeoM Member

Any Plans how the price would be ? I assume you are using only RAM Servers right?

• Thanks for letting us test things out. Some feedback:

• For Multi Peer VPN accounts, it looks like passwords are stored in plaintext
    • When changing the password for an already created Multi Peer VPN account and clicking "Save", I get the error that "Username must be filled" even though the username field is automatically filled with the username and not editable.
  • does anyone mind sharing NL vpn server hostname/ip?
    I don't want to claim a slot because I'm unlikely to use it a long run.
    I just want to check a few things

New York location is down and will be down for a bit.

Updating some network stuff / re-configuring the subnet.

The original /24 that the New York location was using has been split to 4x /26's and are being announced individually in each of BuyVM's locations.

@Francisco is doing working his magic to make the network work properly with partial subnet routing. It'll still be a couple of hours or more.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@MannDude said:
    New York location is down and will be down for a bit.

Updating some network stuff / re-configuring the subnet.

The original /24 that the New York location was using has been split to 4x /26's and are being announced individually in each of BuyVM's locations.

@Francisco is doing working his magic to make the network work properly with partial subnet routing. It'll still be a couple of hours or more.

Thanks for being the hamster.

Francisco

Thanked by 1treesmokah