Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BIG DISK OFFERS: $2.4/TB all-in storage VPS and Ryzen 5950X w/big block storage! - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BIG DISK OFFERS: $2.4/TB all-in storage VPS and Ryzen 5950X w/big block storage!

Comments

• @skorupion said:

@jlet88 said: @crunchbits has been periodically releasing new stock on this.

It's people canceling their VPS and the stock being added back. So check every once in a while, and eventually, you will find some stock.

Thanks, are any new nodes being added soon as well, or is @crunchbits pausing release of new nodes (for whatever reason)?

• Ahh so multiple restocks since I stopped watching on the 16th after a ticket. Dang.

• coventcovent Member
    edited March 2023

@crunchbits said:

@namein said:

@crunchbits said: roughly around the $11 per TiB mark.

the price is for per month? That was indeed a bit beyond expectations.

I've had a great time with Crunchbits so far, and I'm impressed with the well-designed admin panel. Their technical support response is also very quick, and I think I'll be switching to an annual contract with them soon for the long haul.

@yongsiklee said:

... We're exploring (based on some feedback and requests) an NVMe cached/accelerated HDD storage solution currently. We are also contemplating all-NVMe big storage plans--though they would be more expensive than HDD. I'm not sure what kind of appetite exists for those since they'll likely be roughly around the $11 per TiB mark.

All NVMe storage? Do you see any demand for it in the near future? Otherwise, forget it unless you hit a jackpot.

This wouldn't be a low-end focused offer. We do have users that require bigger storage (generally complimenting a more powerful VPS/Dedi) with speed requirements to match, but as far as I can tell SSDs are still plenty fast for their uses. The only difference is we actually get NVMe storage for less than SSDs now.

This has been tied mostly to our GPU/HPC users. I guess sometimes(often?) their workloads outpace the ~140MB/s of spinning disk arrays.

Just out of interest, both the NvME accelerated and all NvME options, are they something that you're actively offering at some point in the future? To my ears the $11 per TiB sounds very tempting as these bigger NvME packages tend to be quite expensive in current market at least..

Thanked by 1greentea
  • crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host
    edited March 2023

@jlet88 said:
    Thanks, are any new nodes being added soon as well, or is @crunchbits pausing release of new nodes (for whatever reason)?

I'm guessing someone (or a few) have the Ryzen and storage plans on an alert since we'll make some live and instantly see a traffic spike/orders. They were restocked a few times but generally pounced on so fast that making a post would probably just annoy people more than anything else. This time I just waited until we had virtually doubled capacity before adding all the plans.

@justchil said:
    Ahh so multiple restocks since I stopped watching on the 16th after a ticket. Dang.

A few more, the last one was pretty big so they didn't get chewed up within the hour.

@covent said:
    Just out of interest, both the NvME accelerated and all NvME options, are they something that you're actively offering at some point in the future? To my ears the $11 per TiB sounds very tempting as these bigger NvME packages tend to be quite expensive in current market at least..

Given that we haven't really been able to keep up with the standard storage, and we had upgraded all of them to SSD-cached I haven't put a ton more effort into it.

That being said, yes I'm very interested in it. If you have any examples of providers/packages I'd love to see what market expectations are to see if we could bring any value there.

@raza19 triennials on the 3 smallest storage plans (2/4/8T) are live. They are already discounted but you can stack the original coupon on top too :smile:

Thanked by 1raza19
  • Hi,I just noticed that the product detail page shows twice as much ram as the initial product sold. Will the ram increase for users who bought it before?

Thanked by 1greentea

@Astych said:
    Hi,I just noticed that the product detail page shows twice as much ram as the initial product sold. Will the ram increase for users who bought it before?

Yes, all users get it. You have to open a ticket so we can move you to the correct server.

Thanked by 2greentea namein
  • @crunchbits said:

@jlet88 said:

I'm guessing someone (or a few) have the Ryzen and storage plans on an alert since we'll make some live and instantly see a traffic spike/orders. They were restocked a few times but generally pounced on so fast that making a post would probably just annoy people more than anything else. This time I just waited until we had virtually doubled capacity before adding all the plans.

@justchil said:
    Ahh so multiple restocks since I stopped watching on the 16th after a ticket. Dang.

A few more, the last one was pretty big so they didn't get chewed up within the hour.

@covent said:

Given that we haven't really been able to keep up with the standard storage, and we had upgraded all of them to SSD-cached I haven't put a ton more effort into it.

That being said, yes I'm very interested in it. If you have any examples of providers/packages I'd love to see what market expectations are to see if we could bring any value there.

@raza19 triennials on the 3 smallest storage plans (2/4/8T) are live. They are already discounted but you can stack the original coupon on top too :smile:

I had a ticket about availability where you said you would assign one to my account next restock... I quit checking stock after that and missed restocks. I'm just glad I finally got one.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • ZyraZyra Member

@crunchbits said: Yes, all users get it. You have to open a ticket so we can move you to the correct server.

for which product is this?

• coventcovent Member
    edited March 2023

@crunchbits said:

@jlet88 said:

@justchil said:

@covent said:

I was finally able to snatch one 4TB from you. It was actually a pleasant surprise that it's already SSD-cached, I didn't notice that it was added later on.

About NVME offerings with large capacity, I only know Skysilk and 99stack that do this in cloud environment. There's most probably others as well but I haven't had much luck finding suitable providers. The problem with those that I mentioned is that they also have huge CPU/RAM specs which makes these plans astronomically expensive.

If we're talking 1TB...2TB range, it's quite affordable to just get a suitable dedicated server which has the possibility to configure with 2..4 drives and run it in RAID 1 or 10 for example. But beyond >2TB, it gets more and more difficult to find affordable servers which can be used to run a large enough NVME array.

So.. if I understood your idea correctly, you were thinking of a concept where you would have lean specs CPU/RAM wise but with enough juice to saturate NVME bandwidth (and a 2.5...5 Gbit/s network to close the deal :)) and then just offer slices of an array from 1 or 2TB upwards? That's pretty much the sweet spot I'm personally looking for (but am having a hard time finding).

• raza19raza19 Veteran

@crunchbits said:

@jlet88 said:

@justchil said:

@covent said:

:cry: the 2TB is already gone.

• Yes, all users get it. You have to open a ticket so we can move you to the correct server.

Is that for the storage plans, too? Or just the Ryzen plans?

@SocksAreComfortable said:

Yes, all users get it. You have to open a ticket so we can move you to the correct server.

Is that for the storage plans, too? Or just the Ryzen plans?

Yep, only for the storage plans. Ryzens have no changes.

• @crunchbits I put in a ticket for additional RAM yesterday but never got a response. Can you take a look?

Ticket: HIY-196344

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

I am also awaiting a reply.
    Ticket TIJ-570136
    Ty

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2023

The tickets have be assigned to the sys admin to be completed and they should be in queue to be done.

• Pichu23Pichu23 Member
    edited March 2023

Where is support? I have yet to get a reply to my ticket?? Feels like its non existent?

AVR-071469

• yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2023

@Pichu23 said:
    Where is support? I have yet to get a reply to my ticket?? Feels like its non existent?

AVR-071469

It's Tuesday afternoon.

• Their network / hardware is excellent but I dont know why my ticket is not being replied to. I had high hopes to eventually moving all my servers here.

@Pichu23 said:

AVR-071469

Are you kidding me? I personally replied to your first ticket and not only answered your question yesterday, but also gave you the exact pricing scale to figure out any further answers you may need if you made slight changes. You also keep opening new tickets asking the exact same question. Do you think it will get cheaper on your 5th or 6th ticket of the exact same subject? There is a reason I’ve closed your 6th ticket asking about the same bandwidth upgrade.

No, I can tell you what it did earn you: a complete lack of desire to subject my company and any of my staff to dealing with you and luckily realizing you’re not someone we would continue doing business with for any price.

For anyone on the outside: despite it being his 3rd currently active and open ticket asking the exact same question and bumping all of them constantly he still has never exceeded 10 minutes waiting for supports first contact. The rest was on me to run an additional custom invoice and modify a plan which happens generally 2 times per day (and if you’re going to run out of 40TB of bandwidth in a few hours, the slight bump wasn’t going to help you).

PS Congrats on your first post.

@tr0gd0r said:
    @crunchbits I put in a ticket for additional RAM yesterday but never got a response. Can you take a look?

Ticket: HIY-196344

Yours is on us. You are in queue but when the ticket was assigned to me it didn’t notify you—something we just fixed. I’ll have an ETA for you in a bit.

@labze said:

Ticket TIJ-570136
    Ty

I don’t see this ticket, I’m assuming it was closed successfully?

Thanked by 3maverick greentea bdl

@Pichu23 said:
    Their network / hardware is excellent but I dont know why my ticket is not being replied to. I had high hopes to eventually moving all my servers here.

I’m sure someone else is a better fit.

@labze said:

Ticket TIJ-570136
    Ty

Hmm, might be wrong ID.
    WTU-795352 should be the right one. Still awaiting response on that.

@labze said:

@labze said:

Ticket TIJ-570136
    Ty

Hmm, might be wrong ID.
    WTU-795352 should be the right one. Still awaiting response on that.

Yep that one is correct and same as one above, assigned to me just didn’t notify you that I have it and in progress. Expect ETA/resolution shortly.

No worries, thanks!

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • Are you kidding me? You instantly deleted my account. If you didn't want me as a customer that is within your right, but legally you gave me NO time to back up anything or such. YOu are a terrible provider. Get over your high horse buddy. You and I both know that is not what this was about.

I used less then 3% of my bandwidth so far. Your customer service skills lacks and you and I both know that. Don't try to kid yourself in public setting. You are a terrible terrible provider, end of discussion.

@Pichu23 said:
    Are you kidding me? You instantly deleted my account. If you didn't want me as a customer that is within your right, but legally you gave me NO time to back up anything or such. YOu are a terrible provider. Get over your high horse buddy. You and I both know that is not what this was about.

I used less then 3% of my bandwidth so far. Your customer service skills lacks and you and I both know that. Don't try to kid yourself in public setting. You are a terrible terrible provider, end of discussion.

Maybe if your reading comprehension was as good as your ticket spamming skills and threats of leaving me bad reviews in PM's, you would see that I elected to not continue business with you (cancelled so you cannot renew) but your services were still active and you would have had time to "backup and such".

I guess that was too kind of me, I will fix that error. Of course, having been a customer for less than 24 hours I can't imagine you needed much more time.

Anyways, that's enough time wasted on you.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Pichu23 are you saying you did not agree to the Crunchbits Terms of Service when you signed up?

Because they state:

"Crunchbits reserves the right to terminate or suspend network access to any Customer if, in the reasonable judgment of Crunchbits, the Customer's hosted service is the source or target of an attack, is found to be in violation of the AUP or TOS in any way, and/or for any other valid reason in which Crunchbits chooses."

Since you said "legally" - where is the legalese you are referring to?

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2023

Well I did receive a PM for transparency. How our support is non existent. Well that is not true. Yes, We take pride in providing you the best support we can. I know the owner and other techs on our team try to accommodate every request with in reason. If any customer need anything please reach out to me via emai: [email protected] . Everyone have a nice night!

• raza19raza19 Veteran

@Pichu23 said:
    Are you kidding me? You instantly deleted my account. If you didn't want me as a customer that is within your right, but legally you gave me NO time to back up anything or such. YOu are a terrible provider. Get over your high horse buddy. You and I both know that is not what this was about.

I have seldom come across such friendly & responsive support like crunchbits.Also, a lil patience & courtesy goes a long way. You are doing urself a disservice by attacking crunchbits for something so petty.

• Do u plan to expand to europe?