Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 NEXTCLOUD UPDATES that will make you ditch Google & Apple - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

5 NEXTCLOUD UPDATES that will make you ditch Google & Apple

13»

Comments

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@_cece said: Lastly I found filestash ( https://www.filestash.app/ ) and for what I’m using Nextcloud for it would be a perfect replacement, which could suit my needs a little more. Do you have any experience with it?

That looks interesting. Not very polished from what I can see but I'll definitely give it a try, thanks for sharing.

• @mosquitoguy said:

@TrK said:
    I foresee a ranting kid who wants a special feature on FOSS, well you can improve it and build your plugins too, bend it however you like. We use nextcloud so we don't have rely on data hungry corporations for example Google, Microsoft, etc. and it's working fine for it's use case of file synchronisation and sharing platform not a "photo gallery alternative".

So you run a business with a cheeseburger budget and you like nextcloud to replace sharepoint, outlook, and microsoft teams. Got it. :)

looks like another Microsoft fanboy/girl... just suck bill gates off already

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • @chitree said:

stay in school and ask your mom for condoms if you go out on a date. she made that mistake once and you don't want to repeat it.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited January 2023

Anyone tryed FileRun? They advertise it as self-hosted google drive alternative.

It's not open source project like Nextcloud (an unregistered installation provides for up to 5 users per organization/household/association for free. Registered installations can serve up to 10 users for free.) but thing seems interesting.

https://docs.filerun.com/filerun_install_guide

Thanked by 2ariq01 Ympker
  • @mosquitoguy said:

@chitree said:

stay in school and ask your mom for condoms if you go out on a date. she made that mistake once and you don't want to repeat it.

lmao - some of us are capable of installing and running our own servers so we don't have to rely on Microshit, but I guess you still don't want to own your own data

• TrKTrK Member

Here take my data please 😂

Thanked by 1chitree
  • @chitree said:
    lmao - some of us are capable of installing and running our own servers so we don't have to rely on Microshit, but I guess you still don't want to own your own data

lmao- you know you can install Microshit on your own servers, right? ask mom for a bigger allowance and you'll find out.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

There seems to be a social problem in this thread and my professional opinion is that it’s @mosquitoguy. Either people need to stop poking him or he should be banned for providing negative value.

I even engaged enough to answer a question he claimed no one was answering, take note that all following responses were only centered around furthering a more malicious agenda. The user isn’t interested in the topic, the user is interested in upsetting other users. I see no remaining value @Arkas.

Thanked by 2ariq01 TimboJones
  • @Mumbly said:
    Anyone tryed FileRun? They advertise it as self-hosted google drive alternative.

It's not open source project like Nextcloud (an unregistered installation provides for up to 5 users per organization/household/association for free. Registered installations can serve up to 10 users for free.) but thing seems interesting.

https://docs.filerun.com/filerun_install_guide

I haven't tried that but do have a group of friends that are using SyncThing (which is open source) and it works well for their small group.

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • iCloud always works without issue 100% of the time - very easy, convenient, reliable. I have unfortunately faced too many issues with NextCloud, so I think they should first focus on making NextCloud easier to install and maintain, and more reliable in general.

• @komdsfojn said:
    iCloud always works without issue 100% of the time - very easy, convenient, reliable. I have unfortunately faced too many issues with NextCloud, so I think they should first focus on making NextCloud easier to install and maintain, and more reliable in general.

With iCloud, you don't own your data and it's stored on a company's server - same with Microsoft, Google, and Amazon. With Nextcloud, you own your own data.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@jar said: even engaged enough to answer a question he claimed no one was answering, take note that all following responses were only centered around furthering a more malicious agenda. The user isn’t interested in the topic, the user is interested in upsetting other users. I see no remaining value @Arkas.

He has received a second warning. The next step is a ban if he continues.

• @jar said:
    I even engaged enough to answer a question he claimed no one was answering, take note that all following responses were only centered around furthering a more malicious agenda. The user isn’t interested in the topic, the user is interested in upsetting other users. I see no remaining value @Arkas.

I asked, "what do you use nextcloud for, if not for photos?" you answered you use nextcloud for photos. So? I don't care about that.

• @Arkas said:
    He has received a second warning. The next step is a ban if he continues.

Oh no! I'll have to follow Nekki into the desert.... :D btw you know facebook pays you for what you do right?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Following it up with this: