Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Double BW @ 5Gbps / Free VPS Contest in our new Location! Idaho USA KVM VPS, NVMe+HDD addon storage! - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Double BW @ 5Gbps / Free VPS Contest in our new Location! Idaho USA KVM VPS, NVMe+HDD addon storage!

Comments

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Just a heads up to everyone: On Monday (01/30/2023) there will be brief network maintenance to address some current network performance concerns.

Also, IPv6 is working in Idaho now. All VPSes were deployed with a /64, and your IPv6 should now be working. Took the upstreams a tad longer to get it announced and routed versus our IPv4, but it's all good now.

We're exploring a THIRD location. Where should we go? We've got a few countries of interest in Europe, but we're open to anything and everything.

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited January 2023

@MannDude said: We're exploring a THIRD location. Where should we go? We've got a few countries of interest in Europe, but we're open to anything and everything.

Poland(excellent routing to Germany but laws are actually good) - hit up hosteam.pl(LIM datacenter in WAW) and sprintdatacenter.pl(own datacenter).
    Both will let you announce your ips, both have a wide selection of dedicated servers(hosteam on request), both offer really nice ddos protection(hosteam prot is actually sick) and both support freedom of speech (hosteam was even used by Josh when KF was getting attacked the most - they did not complain at all).
    Both will let you ignore DMCA(they do it themselves) and sprint will even let you port scan and shit/pseudo-bulletproof.

Norway - there is a certain provider you are most certainly aware of, they mark all the checkmarks :)

Sweden - Obe and 31173, both will support freedom of speech and wont give too many fucks about unlawful threats/dmca.

Malaysia - a bit short on bandwidth, but its perhaps the only location in Asia with really nice freedom of speech, Shinjiru will be happy to help.

Ukraine - plenty of good providers there, VSYS.host could help and their dedis aren't that expensive - would fit for your hypervisor, freedom of speech, no fucks given about DMCA and unlawful threats.

Switzerland - datasource.ch, support freedom of speech and wont give too many fucks about unlawful threats/dmca.

Romania - M247, likely the most trusted and solid provider in Romania, freedom of speech, no fucks given about DMCA and unlawful threats.

Maybe another location in the Netherlands that supports freedom of speech? Ecatel/Novogara, you can get nice deals on "bulk".

@treesmokah said:

@MannDude said: We're exploring a THIRD location. Where should we go? We've got a few countries of interest in Europe, but we're open to anything and everything.

Poland(excellent routing to Germany but laws are actually good) - hit up hosteam.pl(LIM datacenter in WAW) and sprintdatacenter.pl(own datacenter).
    Both will let you announce your ips, both have a wide selection of dedicated servers(hosteam on request), both offer really nice ddos protection(hosteam prot is actually sick) and both support freedom of speech (hosteam was even used by Josh when KF was getting attacked the most - they did not complain at all).
    Both will let you ignore DMCA(they do it themselves) and sprint will even let you port scan and shit/pseudo-bulletproof.

Norway - there is a certain provider you are most certainly aware of, they mark all the checkmarks :)

Sweden - Obe and 31173, both will support freedom of speech and wont give too many fucks about unlawful threats/dmca.

Malaysia - a bit short on bandwidth, but its perhaps the only location in Asia with really nice freedom of speech, Shinjiru will be happy to help.

Ukraine - plenty of good providers there, VSYS.host could help and their dedis aren't that expensive - would fit for your hypervisor, freedom of speech, no fucks given about DMCA and unlawful threats.

Switzerland - datasource.ch, support freedom of speech and wont give too many fucks about unlawful threats/dmca.

Romania - M247, likely the most trusted and solid provider in Romania, freedom of speech, no fucks given about DMCA and unlawful threats.

Maybe another location in the Netherlands that supports freedom of speech? Ecatel/Novogara, you can get nice deals on "bulk".

What are your thoughts on Estonia, Latvia, or say something like Lithuania? What about Bulgaria? :)

edited January 2023

@MannDude said:

@treesmokah said:

What are your thoughts on Estonia, Latvia, or say something like Lithuania? What about Bulgaria? :)

Estonia should check the marks, also could be popular for "forex" and other shit.
    Not many providers there though. I have personally only did research on xtom which has a "flagship" location there.

Latvia and Lithuania should be suitable for dmca ignored host but idk about speech laws there, and connectivity is not very good - highly centralized, providers likely won't "risk" in heated situations and pull the plug. Did a fair bit of research and talked to a few providers.

Bulgaria is a popular DMCA-free location, connectivity is comfy but I have no information on their freedom of speech/net-neutrality behavior.

Moldova could be nice as well, hit up Trabia or Gcore/Evoluso. Free speech, no dmca, if no voxility in the path - no fucks given about unlawful threat .

• POINTLESS BUMP

• @MannDude said:

@hkbbdx said:
    POINTLESS BUMP

CONGRATS: You won. Please check your PMs.

Congratulations, @hkbbdx!

• @Xrmaddness said:

@MannDude said:

@hkbbdx said:
    POINTLESS BUMP

CONGRATS: You won. Please check your PMs.

Congratulations, @hkbbdx!

Thank you

• VPS has excellent performance, and the access speed from China is also very fast. Thanks again for the gift from IncogNet LLC,

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • POINTLESS BUMP (i know someone already won)

edited January 2023

@MannDude also if you as an American LLC are allowed to deal with Russian companies, why not a PoP in Russia for funnies?

Yalishanda/Media Land/sshvps.ru - would check all the marks, no fucks given about anything, resilient to anything besides Russian govt.

Chang Way Technologies/changway.hk - would check all the marks, no fucks given about anything, resilient to anything besides Russian govt.

Maybe even a "legal fastflux" based on 4G modems and reverse proxies, could be useful for people that want to "hide" where they are hosted(the ISP would be a random resi telecom provider).

I may be going too far with my imagination tho, I have no idea if there would be any "legitimate use" for this type of services - not to mention it would be pricey.

• jahrincjahrinc Member
    edited January 2023

@MannDude said: Where should we go? We've got a few countries of interest in Europe, but we're open to anything and everything.

Really looking for a reliable provider in Romania that isn't Voxility.

Switzerland could be a really nice option too, although we already have PrivateLayer there that ignores everything, but another company there would not hurt at all, specially a trusted one.

Poland could also be interesting, seen quite a bit of "bulletproof" providers there, such as lolekhosted.

On the other side, would be nice, but I guess it will not happen, any of the Balkans (apart from Romania) - specially Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia and Hungary

Thanked by 1maverick
    edited January 2023

@jahrinc said: lolekhosted

lolek/astrovm/GigaHostingServices is sprint ;)

@jahrinc said: Really looking for a reliable provider in Romania that isn't Voxility.

Agreed, Romania is generally a comfy location, but sadly Voxility are fags and make it terrible for everyone there. M247 should be decent, they have a ton of resources, own datacenters and aren't using Voxility.

Also creating a better VPS offering than their official boxes won't be difficult - https://vps247.com/.
    Their Dedis are nicely priced, but not vps.

Also their sales agents are lovely, literally one of the best I talked to. You can get everything done at pretty much any budget.

• @treesmokah said: lolek/astrovm/GigaHostingServices is sprint

Did not know, you learn something every day

edited January 2023

@jahrinc said:

@treesmokah said: lolek/astrovm/GigaHostingServices is sprint

They have a few shell companies such as FUFO Studio(Poland, some house development firm), GigaHostingServices(Estonia from what I remember).

Generally, very solid. If @MannDude got their dedis from their "official" source aka sprintdatacenter, we could get really nice prices on em. (lolek vps starts at $50/mo for a very basic box, you could demolish this pricing easily - sprint dedis are cheap af. but yeah, their boxes are suitable for brute/port scan and I doubt Incognet will want to risk fucking with spamhaus and other crooks)

I have developed a new way of checking provider quality, abuseipdb reports.
    More = better hosting provider(works every time).

Based on this very scientific method, I can say that Sprint/AstroVM/Lolek is one of the best hosts out there;
    https://www.abuseipdb.com/check-block/176.111.173.0/24 (294,979 reports)
    https://www.abuseipdb.com/check-block/193.169.255.0/24 (164,935 reports)
    keep in mind these subs are fresh, they rotate em sometimes ;)

@treesmokah said:

@MannDude said:

@treesmokah said:

Estonia should check the marks, also could be popular for "forex" and other shit.
    Not many providers there though. I have personally only did research on xtom which has a "flagship" location there.

Latvia and Lithuania should be suitable for dmca ignored host but idk about speech laws there, and connectivity is not very good - highly centralized, providers likely won't "risk" in heated situations and pull the plug. Did a fair bit of research and talked to a few providers.

Bulgaria is a popular DMCA-free location, connectivity is comfy but I have no information on their freedom of speech/net-neutrality behavior.

Moldova could be nice as well, hit up Trabia or Gcore/Evoluso. Free speech, no dmca, if no voxility in the path - no fucks given about unlawful threat .

It's something I'll do more research into.

Regarding Moldova, that was one of the original locations I looked into. I actually ordered a couple servers there to test out but the active and known LET member (at the time) took my money and ran. Never heard back.

I didn't know we had any LET members here currently in Estonia. I may reach out to them to see if we can make something work for the both of us.

• POINTLESS BUMP

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Russia, Moldova, Switzerland, Norway, Poland, or Hungary please @MannDude

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @treesmokah said:

@jahrinc said:

They have a few shell companies such as FUFO Studio(Poland, some house development firm), GigaHostingServices(Estonia from what I remember).

Generally, very solid. If @MannDude got their dedis from their "official" source aka sprintdatacenter, we could get really nice prices on em. (lolek vps starts at $50/mo for a very basic box, you could demolish this pricing easily - sprint dedis are cheap af. but yeah, their boxes are suitable for brute/port scan and I doubt Incognet will want to risk fucking with spamhaus and other crooks)

Based on this very scientific method, I can say that Sprint/AstroVM/Lolek is one of the best hosts out there;

https://www.sprintdatacenter.pl seems relatively affordable. Anyone use them?

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @NewbieInTraining said:

@treesmokah said:

@jahrinc said:

https://www.sprintdatacenter.pl seems relatively affordable. Anyone use them?

They were perhaps the only DC that used to be active on Polish WHT, they should be fine.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • POINTLESS BUMP

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • pointless hump?

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • EddingEdding Member
    edited February 2023

not so POINTLESS BUMP

Your lg-id-us.as210630.net issn't working :)

Method Not Allowed
    The method is not allowed for the requested URL.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @Edding said:
    not so POINTLESS BUMP

Method Not Allowed

I'm quoting this so that we can continue to get this guy the support he needs.

SUPPORT.

@HalfEatenPie said:

@Edding said:
    not so POINTLESS BUMP

Method Not Allowed

SUPPORT.

D'oh! I'll take a look at it later. Some of these looking glass scripts are old / out-dated and have weird dependency issues. Worked when I set it up. =/

• @MannDude said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

@Edding said:
    not so POINTLESS BUMP

Method Not Allowed

SUPPORT.

D'oh! I'll take a look at it later. Some of these looking glass scripts are old / out-dated and have weird dependency issues. Worked when I set it up. =/

U P D A T E E R R O R

That's unfortunate. Are you guys still using Telephone's? Or are you using Ramnode's python version?

@HalfEatenPie said:

@MannDude said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

@Edding said:
    not so POINTLESS BUMP

Method Not Allowed

SUPPORT.

U P D A T E E R R O R

That's unfortunate. Are you guys still using Telephone's? Or are you using Ramnode's python version?

Ramnode's python version.

• @MannDude said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

@MannDude said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

@Edding said:
    not so POINTLESS BUMP

Method Not Allowed

SUPPORT.

U P D A T E E R R O R

Ramnode's python version.

Ahh yes. Indubitably.

• When's the dedicated server special up?

Preemptive Edit: Oops wrong thread.

@HalfEatenPie said:
    When's the dedicated server special up?

We may have something available in the United States soon™. Exploring the idea of instead offering 'Virtual Metal' or whatever.

• @MannDude said:

@HalfEatenPie said:
    When's the dedicated server special up?

We may have something available in the United States soon™. Exploring the idea of instead offering 'Virtual Metal' or whatever.

Good to know. Well hopefully yall figure out how you want to approach this. There's a million ways to crack this egg.

Thanked by 1MannDude