Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosthatch.com support experience - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosthatch.com support experience

13»

Comments

• @amirdj said:
    Hi, does anyone have service from Hosthatch and is satisfied with the support status? Because my experience is very bad, the tickets are answered for more than a week without solving the problem. If anyone else has the same issue, tell me here.
    @hosthatch

Did you ever heard about Virmach ??

• Brief timeline with HostHatch

Sept 2019 -> Storage 250GB / Chicago $15/y
    Nov 2020 -> production server 3C 16GB 80 GB NVME / NewYork $54/y
    Nov 2022 -> Storage 1TB / Chicago $61.5/3y :)

All promotions. In 3 years, only 01 support ticket that was answered quickly due to a downtime (February 2021) of approx. ~50 min: https://prnt.sc/-fzxT_NkVwPa

Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • @amirdj said:
    Unfortunately, the whole topic of this topic was pushed aside. I just asked those who have experience with HH to comment.

I think the conclusion of this is that so far (from those responded), you're unique in the problems you're experiencing.

Thanked by 2emgh skorous
  • emghemgh Member
    edited December 2022

@HalfEatenPie said:

@amirdj said:
    Unfortunately, the whole topic of this topic was pushed aside. I just asked those who have experience with HH to comment.

I think the conclusion of this is that so far (from those responded), you're unique in the problems you're experiencing.

”My son was so great at the military parade, he was the only one that marched in sync!”

• @amirdj said:

@darkimmortal said: This tone is not going to do you any favours

You can see the date/times by hovering the '1 month ago' text

Support for me has been fine, when it is sometimes slow it is mitigated by either being a non-critical issue or at no expense to me. It looks like your ticket falls into the latter category if you ended up receiving a full refund

This problem happened twice before and the response time took two days
    Anyway, this is like a war zone, instead of explaining your experience with HH, you blame the customer who bought a service and the server is down for technical reasons. And you normalize the response time more than 2 days.
    In addition, 24-hour support is written on the first page of HH.

https://postimg.cc/tsXXzVT4
    https://postimg.cc/fk9TWNpD

I'd be curious what the failed reinstall looks like. Then there could be feedback to HH to reflect in the panel if a reinstall failed and suggest a reinstall.

In other words, I like when corrective action is intuitive.

• @emgh said:
    Not only bumping, notice "MERGED" at the top. Dude is bumping and opening several tickets at once.

Just realize you cost them more than you pay them, and they'll probably make MORE profit if you just leave.

Well, there should be different tickets per issue. I didn't like him trying to resolve a server not starting AND requesting billing to split up invoices. That's two different departments! But I've been guilty where one ticket gets responses and the other doesn't, and when I got some progress on the ticket they're answering, I'll bring up the other issue in the other ticket in hopes they can quickly resolve that, too.

So he isn't seeing adequate response times to existing ticket and possibly opening another, resulting in a merge.

In my experience, there's some "it should work now"
    first response but doesn't and takes some more back and forth. But I'll describe exactly what I do (in the panel) and what I see. "Server doesn't work" isn't sufficient to get to quick resolution.

In the case where Emil said the reinstall failed and told him to reinstall it again, it's 100% clear Emil should have done the reinstall himself. If it failed, then HH needs to fix their problem ASAP like originally reported. If it worked, reply to customer it was done. Telling him to reinstall it almost seems like stall tactic and wastes everyone's time. Think efficiency, not how fast you can hit reply to a ticket.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited December 2022

@hosthatch said:
    You can go to Vultr or DigitalOcean or Linode, but I am guessing you already have, and have had similar experiences there.

Some of your requests are simply not standard for unmanaged customers. Some smaller providers may be willing to do some of these things for you, but we cannot, especially with the language/tone you use in your tickets. You have also opened 16 emergency tickets in the last 3 months.

Your latest ticket (which started this debate) is asking for a refund because Binance blocked your IP addresses. We are not Binance, we do not control their firewalls, and we are not going to take responsibility for what Binance is doing. The service that you purchased and paid for has been delivered. If you would like to change providers, please keep in mind that you might end up in the same spot as you are now.

Correct answer. Was that in the ticket response? Because that required no fix or change on your end and could be quick replied. If it wasn't quickly responded to, then that's the answer for the OP in terms of Support response times.

"Unfortunately, you'll need to contact Binance to have your IP removed from their firewall. Getting that solved on Binance would fix connections for both servers and future ones."

That is unless there's some "refunds in x days, no question asked policy" (there isn't).

@amirdj Without an agreement for Binance whitelist IP condition prior to purchase, this is out of scope for HH. Some providers may offer changing the IP for a fee (~$5?), but definitely not for free.

Regarding your tone, saying "Can you please..." like a request is generally better than "Please do blah" like a demand.

• thank you for sharing your experience. also some lowend support standards 101

• @HalfEatenPie said: But I just find it kinda funny how @amirdj asked for a refund because he had problems with the service, complained (as an angry client), and then decided to buy it again and then complain again that he's running into the same problem.

if I was in his shoes, I probably would have just dropped that provider after getting refund for my two servers.

Well, maybe in this case, the refunds are only given in the form of customer credit balance and the OP is not willing to give up that money. ;)

• @hosthatch said:
    As I just responded to your PM - I will copy and paste here:

If you go through your ticket history, you will quickly find out the reason why. Please feel free to post all of them here for people to judge.

No unmanaged provider is going to do what you are asking them to do, repeatedly.

how dare you tag hosthatch they don't like customers

• @socialzzz said:

@hosthatch said:

If you go through your ticket history, you will quickly find out the reason why. Please feel free to post all of them here for people to judge.

No unmanaged provider is going to do what you are asking them to do, repeatedly.

Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed

Thanked by 1socialzzz
  • @socialzzz said:

@hosthatch said:

Ayy, you heard about the good news?
    Y’all sleepin’ on me, boy, had a good snooooooze?

• satoshiscavesatoshiscave Member
    edited December 2022

@amirdj said: I have more than 100 servers from the place you mentioned, but I don't have a single support ticket in five years

yeah right, you probably would not even pass a KYC with any of those providers! :) really doubt you be welcome as a customer with any of them.

not a sigle support ticket lol sure dude

anyways just shut up and get on with it or transfer the servers you purchased, get your money back and buy something else for it.

got a ticket response in less than a couple of hours yesterday, when you have a real case for a ticket it gets a real response.

tickets should come at a charge per ticket, 1 dollar each time. then it would be idea to actually spend some time writing the tickets!

trying to run a frictionless service in this world with all the dribble dribblers out there suck

• @satoshiscave said:
    got a ticket response in less than a couple of hours yesterday, when you have a real case for a ticket it gets a real response.

I suddenly have an impulse to open a ticket there just saying "echo"

And wonder how long I will receive echo back :D

• @satoshiscave said: when you have a real case for a ticket it gets a real response.

Yeah, right.
    ... you must feel like a real winner.

• @qtwrk said:

@satoshiscave said:

I suddenly have an impulse to open a ticket there just saying "echo"

And wonder how long I will receive echo back :D

Checking hosthatch latency by opening a ticket titled "ping" and waiting for them to respond "pong"

edited December 2022

@Mumbly said:

@satoshiscave said: when you have a real case for a ticket it gets a real response.

Yeah, right.
    ... you must feel like a real winner.

A real winner lol , what do you wake up feeling like a looser?

the times i create a stupid ticket is reactive, don't you think I have been there, and can relate to the frustration?

research research and suddenly you find out how stupid it was instead of filing another lol

There should def be a micro payment for creating a ticket, time comes at a cost and is a scarce resource for everyone, or do you just spend the hours of the day waiting for it to pass by?

fuck that kind of life, stay away from people like that.

edited December 2022

@fluffernutter said: Checking hosthatch latency by opening a ticket titled "ping" and waiting for them to respond "pong"

do it and you might be surprised, even busy people like some irony, please report back the response time.
    do it