Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosthatch.com support experience - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosthatch.com support experience

Comments

• @amirdj said:
    My problem is not financial, the problem is time and how to respond.

Seriously, if the provider is not meeting your needs, what are you planning to do?

• @amirdj said:

@plumberg said: Yeh. You are wrong here.

If its non promotional, this is a little obtuse response time. Still that does not warrant continuous bunping as it will throw your ticket to the end of the queue. Even Emil noted that. If you still continue doing that, I guess that says a lot.

But again there is something else which is brewing which only you and the provider know.

Seems you got some refund already?

I haven't posted all the tickets here yet, but here's another example:
    https://postimg.cc/Mv3VQRq1

Are you sure you have best security practices in play?

Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • @emgh said:
    Not only bumping, notice "MERGED" at the top. Dude is bumping and opening several tickets at once.

Just realize you cost them more than you pay them, and they'll probably make MORE profit if you just leave.

In my logic, every server that has a problem needs a separate ticket to deal with the server's problems
    You really spent a lot of intelligence to find MERGED :)
    Now answer the main question, what was your experience with HH?

• stonedstoned Member
    edited December 2022

Low priority support is fine, but the infrastructure they provide should work as expected, with normal 99% SLA (if indeed they provide one). If the infrastructure is down, then that should be handled immediately. Anything not infrastructure related doesn't have to be urgent.

If they are asking for support, and the infrastructure works as promised, then not giving priority to their support tickets is fine. However if the ticket is about about the infrastructure not working as expected via terms of service provided, then look into that promptly, and if the infrastructure works, reply with low priority, but if indeed it is not a customer issue but an infrastructure or service level issue, then solve it immediately.

Low priority support absolutely does not mean that if the infrastructure is down or if the problem is at the provider's end, you just let the customer sit without service as low priority.

This seems accurate business logic to me, otherwise the company chances loss in customer retention.

Having that said, I don't know the particulars of his case, or his issue, but judging from the tickets, his tone is all wrong.

You sound like an impatient child. There is a way to talk to people. How you did it in ticket, and now here, is not it.

• @amirdj said:
    I haven't posted all the tickets here yet, but here's another example:
    https://postimg.cc/Mv3VQRq1
    I was also refunded to buy a new server to make up for the time the server was down. My problem is not financial, the problem is time and how to respond.

Your problem may not be financial, I cannot judge that, but reading your way of responding here, your use of tickets, your use of the english language and the use of exclamation marks to make your point all lead to one conclusion for me: the problem is attitude.

Also, I'm really wondering why you are still trying to get new VPSes from them if you're so annoyed by the response times. There are lots of providers out there - is it because you don't like them either or something?

BTW, My personal experience with HH is good upto now, and I don't have any benefit in saying so.

• amirdjamirdj Member
    edited December 2022

I was just looking for other people's opinions about HH in this thread, but unfortunately the thread got diverted.
    My experience is that
    You should know the service providers when problems occur and how to support them.
    HH was not an interesting experience in my opinion.

• @amirdj said:

@emgh said:
    Not only bumping, notice "MERGED" at the top. Dude is bumping and opening several tickets at once.

Just realize you cost them more than you pay them, and they'll probably make MORE profit if you just leave.

In my logic, every server that has a problem needs a separate ticket to deal with the server's problems

If your logic mattered, HostHatch wouldn’t have merged the tickets.

You really spent a lot of intelligence to find MERGED :)

I’m not the smartest man in the world but reading a single word didn’t challenge my intelligence, no.

Now answer the main question, what was your experience with HH?

It was good.

• @amirdj said:
    I was just looking for other people's opinions about HH in this thread, but unfortunately the thread got diverted.

Did you even research on this provider before purchasing services?

My experience is that you need to know the service providers when there is a problem and how to support them.

What?

HH was not an interesting experience in my opinion.

Glad you found the answer.
    Hope other providers live up to your expectations

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @amirdj said: does anyone have service from Hosthatch and is satisfied with the support status?

It really depends on the ticket. I've had some tickets where I've gotten a reply within 15 minutes (when a server was down), but on the other hand I think the longest I've waited for a reply is around 7 months.

In general, with their promotional plans I've found that they reply reasonably quickly to standard requests, while more complex technical questions or issues take quite a bit longer (if they reply at all - a few of mine have auto-closed with no replies).

Just keep in mind how much you paid compared to other services. Be kind and patient, and don't bump tickets until you've waited a while. I've had similarly slow responses from providers that cost quite a bit more. If you want faster support, go for their standard plans or a provider that's known for good support.

• @Daniel15 said: If you want faster support, go for their standard plans or a provider that's known for good support.

I use standard plans

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2022

You can go to Vultr or DigitalOcean or Linode, but I am guessing you already have, and have had similar experiences there.

Some of your requests are simply not standard for unmanaged customers. Some smaller providers may be willing to do some of these things for you, but we cannot, especially with the language/tone you use in your tickets. You have also opened 16 emergency tickets in the last 3 months.

Your latest ticket (which started this debate) is asking for a refund because Binance blocked your IP addresses. We are not Binance, we do not control their firewalls, and we are not going to take responsibility for what Binance is doing. The service that you purchased and paid for has been delivered. If you would like to change providers, please keep in mind that you might end up in the same spot as you are now.

• @hosthatch said: Your latest ticket (which started this debate) is asking for a refund because Binance blocked your IP addresses.

Was it also emergency ticket? :D

• @JabJab said:

@hosthatch said: Your latest ticket (which started this debate) is asking for a refund because Binance blocked your IP addresses.

Was it also emergency ticket? :D

Well, duh.

• satoshiscavesatoshiscave Member
    edited December 2022

I opened one emergency ticket once long time ago! wow I wish I did not! stupid me. this is when hardware is broken or something like that, not some bollox like third party dog balls or server config stupid.

16 emergency tickets and I be glad Emil or Mike don't actually hunt me down aha.

Binance lol, just send a twitter to @CZ and you probably get help :)

at the end of the day, their customer service will answer relevant tickets pretty fast, non relevant tickets nah who cares really.

change to one of linode or Do or similar and you can even have a "gender" pronoun discussion or some other virtue signalling exercise lol

at host hatch all you get is the server bro isn't that what you came for?

• lorianlorian Member
    edited December 2022

With about 15 servers, I only had a handful of tickets with them, mostly enabling IPv6, but also one partition bug in one of there templates. I mostly tagged them as low priority, but almost every time received an answer the next business day.
    Considering their price-performance ratio, I rather fear, that they go bankrupt soon.

• @satoshiscave said: Binance lol, just send a twitter to @CZ and you probably get help

Not if he's scraping the hell outta them, which, according to his ways here, I bet is exactly what happend. Hence why he needed a "NEW IP!!!!!"

• satoshiscavesatoshiscave Member
    edited December 2022

@emgh said:

@satoshiscave said: Binance lol, just send a twitter to @CZ and you probably get help

Not if he's scraping the hell outta them, which, according to his ways here, I bet is exactly what happend. Hence why he needed a "NEW IP!!!!!"

for scraping IP go get his own proxies or use public ones, anyone who indulge in that time wasting crap should learn to limit their requests. I really hope Hosthatch throttle your servers if you scrape with them, who wants to share ip and cpu with one of those

• I am sure the OP will suddenly disappear.

• People who are unhappy with their storage vps from hosthatch with triennial payments plz lemme know, I'll instantly send u payment and u cud transfer the vps to me.

Thanked by 1satoshiscave
  • @amirdj said:
    This is one of the tickets, due to the lack of an accurate date system in HH, unfortunately, the response time cannot be given.

https://postimg.cc/xJtgFT6y

I didn't read the rest of the thread.

But I just find it kinda funny how @amirdj asked for a refund because he had problems with the service, complained (as an angry client), and then decided to buy it again and then complain again that he's running into the same problem.

if I was in his shoes, I probably would have just dropped that provider after getting refund for my two servers.

But that's just me. Anyways hopefully your problem gets resolved.

Thanked by 2bdl satoshiscave
  • stonedstoned Member
    edited December 2022

I wanted the 10TB for $300/2yr but I could not find a need for it. So I got the 2TB. It's fast enough as a storage for my proxmox cluster, and sending data to it is usually around 150MB/s so disk write speed is pretty good. It just performs horribly for 4K r/w or 64k r/w, but larger file storage is fast enough.

I assume it's setup that way to people won't use storage instance for running services meant for compute instances.

Anyway, it's my first purchase with HH and I'm happy. I hope I never have to open a ticket and their infrastructure just continues to work.

Thanked by 1satoshiscave
  • Aaaaaaaaaaaand he’s gone

• @plumberg said:

@Mumbly said:
    I won't belittle you when you will come here all miserable to express your own negative experience with some service you're paying :)

That's the difference. I don't belittle anyone, regardless of the case.

Here, it's not that the provider is hiding that support is low priority. They made it as clear as they could over the years. Support is not the best, and provider had acknowledged it multiple times. Have they made strides, probably not the best eyt for thr price paid... it's a wip...

My peers have purchased non promo services and they have nothing but great things to say about the provider.

With promo, if things are not working I have to wait. But most of the time, small/ big/ simple/ complex issue I have received an update and resolution fairly quick. Nothing more than 24 hours, and the fastest was less than an hour from ticketing.

The OP is shying from specifically posting his ticket details. If someone things creating tickets after tickets / bumping them , it's definitely going to hit them in the face.

It's all speculation ahwre OP is just trolling and enjoying at the back.

I'm down for belittling them if they are, as you stated, being coy about the problem. This isn't a thread looking for help from the community. It's just the OP lashing out and trying to start drama without actually providing any useful information that anyone can work with. Even as a "review" of the provider's support, the lack of information provided is disgusting and screams "childish".

• @hosthatch said: You can go to Vultr or DigitalOcean or Linode, but I am guessing you already have, and have had similar experiences there

I have more than 100 servers from the place you mentioned, but I don't have a single support ticket in five years
    Thank you for suggesting these service providers. I hope other users who read the topic in the future will notice your suggestion.

@hosthatch said: Some of your requests are simply not standard for unmanaged customers. Some smaller providers may be willing to do some of these things for you, but we cannot, especially with the language/tone you use in your tickets. You have also opened 16 emergency tickets in the last 3 months.

In my experience, a larger or smaller provider shouldn't have this many infrastructure problems
    Meanwhile, I do not have access to open urgent tickets
    You are even sensitive about the number of my tickets, while if you had created the necessary infrastructure, maybe one or two of them would have been needed.

@hosthatch said: Your latest ticket (which started this debate) is asking for a refund because Binance blocked your IP addresses. We are not Binance, we do not control their firewalls, and we are not going to take responsibility for what Binance is doing. The service that you purchased and paid for has been delivered. If you would like to change providers, please keep in mind that you might end up in the same spot as you are now.

Unfortunately, you don't read the tickets carefully, I am on the date that is in the screenshot
    I requested that the IP range be changed (the issue of return was not discussed)
    From that date until today and before opening this topic, I did not receive any response
    It's about caring the customer, even if your answer is negative

https://postimg.cc/tsgFyvqH

• @amirdj since they clearly don’t want you, and you clearly don’t want them, why are you still here arguing?

• Just went to go buy the 10TB (I'll find a use) and the BF deal page is gone. Ha. It was up until day before or so. Oh well. Next year!

Currently $38/mo for 10TB. With BF deal it was $300/2yr, $150/yr, $12.50/mo. That's insanely good deal.

Next year!

Thanked by 2emgh darkimmortal
  • amirdjamirdj Member
    edited December 2022

Unfortunately, the whole topic of this topic was pushed aside. I just asked those who have experience with HH to comment.

• Long Live Entitlement!

• @amirdj said:
    Unfortunately, all the topics of this topic were pushed aside by people. I just asked those who have experience with HH to comment.

You sir, are in error. Accept it, mend your ways for the better, communicate cordially in future.

Everything seems resolved now, so time to end it. HH is awesome. I hear great things. The service I got is good enough for my meager $3/mo. I got litererally $1.50/TB for storage with close to 150MB/s remote write speed.

I'm happy. So long as it continues to work I don't need support. I can manage everything myself. So there's my opinion. Good luck.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited December 2022

@hosthatch said: Your latest ticket (which started this debate) is asking for a refund because Binance blocked your IP addresses. We are not Binance, we do not control their firewalls, and we are not going to take responsibility for what Binance is doing.

lolwut

You must have some much patience to deal with tickets like that one.