Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosthatch.com support experience
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosthatch.com support experience

Hi, does anyone have service from Hosthatch and is satisfied with the support status? Because my experience is very bad, the tickets are answered for more than a week without solving the problem. If anyone else has the same issue, tell me here.
@hosthatch

Comments

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

As I just responded to your PM - I will copy and paste here:

If you go through your ticket history, you will quickly find out the reason why. Please feel free to post all of them here for people to judge.

No unmanaged provider is going to do what you are asking them to do, repeatedly.

Thanked by 1kuroit
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited December 2022

@amirdj said: is satisfied with the support status?

To be honest, for what I'm paying and considering they're promotional deals/offers, yes.

Thanked by 2lemoncube bdl
  • @DP said: To be honest, for what I'm paying and considering they're promotional deals/offers, yes.

Have you ever given a ticket? How long did it take for them to answer you?

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited December 2022

@amirdj said: Have you ever given a ticket? How long did it take for them to answer you?

@hosthatch said:
    As I just responded to your PM - I will copy and paste here:

If you go through your ticket history, you will quickly find out the reason why. Please feel free to post all of them here for people to judge.

No unmanaged provider is going to do what you are asking them to do, repeatedly.

How about @amirdj post your ticket history.

• @HalfEatenPie said: How about @amirdj post your ticket history.

>

For now, I prefer not to send the ticket history and see what other people's experiences have been like

• @amirdj said: For now, I prefer not to send the ticket history and see what other people's experiences have been like

So my experience with Hosthatch support is great![1]

--
    [1] Seems like content and number of tickets is no important for you, so I won't mention that I have 1 ticket with them, feedback and that they implemented changes on theirs website within a week.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited December 2022

@amirdj said:

@HalfEatenPie said: How about @amirdj post your ticket history.

>

For now, I prefer not to send the ticket history and see what other people's experiences have been like

My experience with them and support has been fine. 2 tickets. Answered pretty quickly (less than a day)

• amirdjamirdj Member
    edited December 2022

@hosthatch said: As I just responded to your PM - I will copy and paste here:

I ordered a new server four times, but your automation did not deliver the server, and I had to create a ticket, which I received a reply several days later. The tickets are also available, you can check for yourself.

Your Japan server range 212 has a problem in the Binance exchange and accounts with this range will be blocked

One of my other servers has stopped. I sent a ticket on your behalf 2 days ago. Please provide more details, but there is still no answer.

All this while I have 33 servers

https://postimg.cc/CZZY5GYq

• I have satisfied for my promotional / normal server support, All my tickets answered at reasonable time.

Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • @amirdj looks your case is a isolated one. Can you share with us what was the topic of your ticket?

• currently having 6 servers on HH , been a user there for 5 years

have had 2 tickets in 5 years for some minor issues , can't say the response time is fast , but consider the price/spec , I wouldn't really complaint that

CF charges like 5000 dollars per month for 15 minutes response time

every time I feel support on whatever service is slow , I remind myself this : )

• @amirdj post full screenshots of all opened tickets

• Many of you had minor problems and didn't even need support
    Maybe one day you encountered one of the problems I mentioned and remembered this topic
    At the same time, the low price does not mean that we do not expect support (of course, I do not expect server management either).

• @amirdj said:
    Many of you had minor problems and didn't even need support
    Maybe one day you encountered one of the problems I mentioned and remembered this topic
    At the same time, the low price does not mean that we do not expect support (of course, I do not expect server management either).

LoL

Low price means low priority support. Plus it's subjective what one considers a part of unmanaged services vs managed

The provider has been clear on what level of support you will get .. if you have issues, try getting a non promotional service, and then judge

Having 50 or 100 servers with the same provider means nothing. If they are bought at a promotion, you know what you will get back

If you are so keen on defending yourself, and you are in the clear, post the ticket history as many people have asked you to.

Reluctance to do that does not being out your best here

• He's not wrong, tho :)

• @Mumbly said:

He's not wrong, tho :)

About what?

• From my experience, even when HostHatch claim that promotional support is very limited, their resolution time is not much different from many other premium providers.

For instance I just had a network issue with another well known provider, and the only difference is that they send daily ticket response saying "Sorry, we still working on your issue", "Issue is re-assigned to the supervisor" etc, when I don't even ask for details, but simply waiting for the fix, in the end it took them 12 days to fix their stuff.

HostHatch wouldn't bother hand-holding you like that through whole resolution process and answer the ticket when they have something to say. For some people that might be a deal breaker, but I actually don't mind it at all.

The only thing I wish HostHatch would implement in regard their support system is some sort of public status page with list of known issues (like for example not working IPv6 in Zurich right now or private networks issues in Netherlands), so we could just check there before opening a ticket in case if the issue is known and worked on already.

Thanked by 2the_doctor nick_
  • This is one of the tickets, due to the lack of an accurate date system in HH, unfortunately, the response time cannot be given.

https://postimg.cc/xJtgFT6y

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited December 2022

@plumberg said:

@Mumbly said:

He's not wrong, tho :)

About what?

We have seen it numerous times people talking shit and blindly defending host when someone posted some legitimate concern, complain etc... and then switching story when this same shit happened to them.

I can't comment this specific case, however this host's support is shit and nothing but shit even in cases when issue clearly isn't on clients side and this has been proven on this same forum numerous times.

Personally I don't need any handholding from my hosts. Infact I prefer to not open support ticket for years if it isn't strictly necessary but sometimes things simply aren't in client's power to fix them, they depend on host to assure infrastructure and from then on... some long term hosts may surprise you badly once you actually need them to fix something on their own side.
    HH surely surprised me some half year or so ago... and I am hosted with them since 2013, so yeah, although I don't know how justified this guys case here is I don't come here to belittle him, the same as I won't belittle you when you will come here all miserable to express your own negative experience with some service you're paying :)

Thanked by 1gemini_geek
  • @Mumbly said:
    I won't belittle you when you will come here all miserable to express your own negative experience with some service you're paying :)

That's the difference. I don't belittle anyone, regardless of the case.

Here, it's not that the provider is hiding that support is low priority. They made it as clear as they could over the years. Support is not the best, and provider had acknowledged it multiple times. Have they made strides, probably not the best eyt for thr price paid... it's a wip...

My peers have purchased non promo services and they have nothing but great things to say about the provider.

With promo, if things are not working I have to wait. But most of the time, small/ big/ simple/ complex issue I have received an update and resolution fairly quick. Nothing more than 24 hours, and the fastest was less than an hour from ticketing.

The OP is shying from specifically posting his ticket details. If someone things creating tickets after tickets / bumping them , it's definitely going to hit them in the face.

It's all speculation ahwre OP is just trolling and enjoying at the back.

• @amirdj said:
    This is one of the tickets, due to the lack of an accurate date system in HH, unfortunately, the response time cannot be given.

You're doing everything wrong in that ticket.

If your goal is a quick solution, of course.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • darkimmortaldarkimmortal Member
    edited December 2022

@amirdj said:
    This is one of the tickets, due to the lack of an accurate date system in HH, unfortunately, the response time cannot be given.

This tone is not going to do you any favours

You can see the date/times by hovering the '1 month ago' text

Support for me has been fine, when it is sometimes slow it is mitigated by either being a non-critical issue or at no expense to me. It looks like your ticket falls into the latter category if you ended up receiving a full refund

• Didnt knew they have something i could define "support"

• @darkimmortal said: This tone is not going to do you any favours

You can see the date/times by hovering the '1 month ago' text

Support for me has been fine, when it is sometimes slow it is mitigated by either being a non-critical issue or at no expense to me. It looks like your ticket falls into the latter category if you ended up receiving a full refund

This problem happened twice before and the response time took two days
    Anyway, this is like a war zone, instead of explaining your experience with HH, you blame the customer who bought a service and the server is down for technical reasons. And you normalize the response time more than 2 days.
    In addition, 24-hour support is written on the first page of HH.

https://postimg.cc/tsXXzVT4
    https://postimg.cc/fk9TWNpD

• @amirdj said:

In addition, 24-hour support is written on the first page of HH.

Please confirm if this is a promotional service or non promotional service?

I am leaning it to be promotional, meaning at a cheap rate, but at cost of low priority support.

The support times on the website apply only to non promotional services.

Plus incessantly bunping the tickets seeking updates is going to rightly push your ticket further in the queue.

This is pure entitlement. Seriously.

• amirdjamirdj Member
    edited December 2022

@plumberg said: Please confirm if this is a promotional service or non promotional service?

I am leaning it to be promotional, meaning at a cheap rate, but at cost of low priority support.

The support times on the website apply only to non promotional services.

Plus incessantly bunping the tickets seeking updates is going to rightly push your ticket further in the queue.

This is pure entitlement. Seriously.

All my service are non-promotional
    Pay attention to the response time!
    All your focus is to justify the server provider!

• @amirdj said:

>

All your focus is to justify the server provider!

Yeh. You are wrong here.

If its non promotional, this is a little obtuse response time. Still that does not warrant continuous bunping as it will throw your ticket to the end of the queue. Even Emil noted that. If you still continue doing that, I guess that says a lot.

But again there is something else which is brewing which only you and the provider know.

Seems you got some refund already?

• @plumberg said: Yeh. You are wrong here.

If its non promotional, this is a little obtuse response time. Still that does not warrant continuous bunping as it will throw your ticket to the end of the queue. Even Emil noted that. If you still continue doing that, I guess that says a lot.

But again there is something else which is brewing which only you and the provider know.

Seems you got some refund already?

I haven't posted all the tickets here yet, but here's another example:
    https://postimg.cc/Mv3VQRq1
    I was also refunded to buy a new server to make up for the time the server was down. My problem is not financial, the problem is time and how to respond.

• @amirdj said:
    Hi, does anyone have service from Hosthatch and is satisfied with the support status? Because my experience is very bad, the tickets are answered for more than a week without solving the problem. If anyone else has the same issue, tell me here.
    @hosthatch

Very happy with the service and support, it isn't the fastest, but even Hetzner can take some hours.

• Not only bumping, notice "MERGED" at the top. Dude is bumping and opening several tickets at once.

Just realize you cost them more than you pay them, and they'll probably make MORE profit if you just leave.

Thanked by 1webcraft