Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Share pictures of your Rack! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Share pictures of your Rack!

Comments

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

Thanked by 2greentea Calin
  • aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

@Advin said:

OVH?

• @FatGrizzly said:
    this is fap material for me ngl

LMFAO

• @Calin said:

2 years to build this :smile:

great improvement, are the power cuts still bad?
    How much did the entire setup cost if you dot mind me asking

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Our new rack in Ho Chi Minh City, VN:

Our rack in SG DC2 (Leaseweb/Iron Mountain), photos taken back in June 2022, now it's full of servers:

Our beautiful Mac Pro:

Maybe @xTom can help us to take some photos of our racks in Tokyo and Osaka?

• @NDTN said:

Our rack in SG DC2 (Leaseweb/Iron Mountain), photos taken back in June 2022, now it's full of servers:

Our beautiful Mac Pro:

Your racks are neat and good, your services are solid, the only work to do (may be) is redesigning your website :) just my two cents ;)

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • emgemg Veteran

What caught my attention is:

• They all look so much alike, even though they are from locations all around the world. You can't look at a random photo and say where it was taken.
    • Racks have not changed in the last 20-30 years.
    Thanked by 2aqua Not_Oles
  • @yoursunny said:

@aqua said:

@TimboJones said:

@aqua said:

@yoursunny said:
    I got no time for a rack.
    Devices are scattered around the Fast
    Ethernet
    switch.
    Cable colors are all over the place.
    Power cords are too long.
    If I need to change something, I just unplug everything.

D6F27536-4E0D-456D-813B-DD4A1538B231

Man, you need a microfiber towel ASAP...

What am I missing? I don't see glass in the pics...

Bottom left picture, the NUC (i assume) is covered in dust.

Equipment shown:

• BeagleBone Black 512MB
    • DELL OptiPlex 7040 Micro
    • FS524 48-port Fast Ethernet switch
    • GL.iNet AR750 wireless router + Toshiba Canvio Advance 2TB hard drive

Dust everywhere.
    I just suck 'em up

with vacuum cleaner, not mouth

Mentally strong people lick ‘em dry.

• @Hivelocity said:

@Daniel15 said:

@Hivelocity said:

@aqua said:

@Hivelocity said:

@aqua said:

@Hivelocity said:

@SirFoxy said:

@Hivelocity said:

@Hxxx said:
    @Hivelocity I'm such a fan boy with HiVelocity. Solid service. TPA1 cam looks good. Look at that branding <3

Thank you for the love. I am sure it sounds cliche but it really does mean a lot to us when someone recognizes our efforts. <3

You're probably the most respectable and trustable company here.

One of only maybe three companies here I could rely on you still being here five years from now.

My father-in-law was an executive at Disney. Disney provides their execs with some of the best training in the world and I was fortunate to have him as my mentor. He taught me a lot about focusing on the customer experience, paying attention to the details and always trying to be “exceptional”. Part of the lesson was “people will pay a little extra for knowing they are going to get a reliably exceptional experience.” He passed away this year but I try to honor him by letting people know how much his guidance meant to Hivelocity. We are not perfect but I promise you, we try very hard to be an exceptional provider.

I've had nothing but great experiences with Hivelocity. I want to personally thank Eric (not sure if he still works there) the Dallas DC Tech for teaching me and helping me out when I was first starting in the business. Nothing but good looks from the Dallas team and they help out where they can (luckily haven't needed anything recently).

If you are referring to Eric L, yes he still works for HV at DAL1 and he is absolutely a rock star.

No sir, Eric P.

Eric P still works at DAL1 and is also very much a rock star. You all are making my night. Thank you! I will be sure to mention this to Eric P asap.

I haven't used Hivelocity for a long time, but it's also one of the hosts I trust the most, and probably the first host I'd go to if I needed a high quality (non-low-end) dedicated server.

I used to have a Core 2 Duo server with 2GB RAM and a free upgrade from 10Mbps to 100Mbps. The first server I ever had at a 'proper' host. A sysadmin named Steve C used to help me back in... I'd guess 2011 to 2013. Is he still there?

Daniel, I remember you. Yes, Steve C is still with us. He mostly works overnights at TPA1 and is in DevOps now. I think Steve C has been with us since probably 2007 I bet. #LateNightRockStar

It's a very good sign when you have lots of long time retention employees.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Doing some more cleanup/patching on this one tomorrow.

Thanked by 2aqua Ganonk
  • ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

@aqua said:

@ExonHost said:
    Our rack in Bangladesh location.

Front mounted switch? Never seen that personally... (no hate)

That's because of cooling. The DC we use recommended it. In our SG location it back mounted.

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@lowfatgeek said:

@NDTN said:

Our beautiful Mac Pro:

Your racks are neat and good, your services are solid, the only work to do (may be) is redesigning your website :) just my two cents ;)

Anything we can do to improve our current website? We have just released it in 2021.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

Fancy racks....
    Anyone else?!

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    Fancy racks....
    Anyone else?!

You only shared RPI, we want to see some racks :smile:

edited December 2022

@NDTN said:

• Is there a go-to fiber transceiver and cables that just works everywhere and with everything? I know there's the short distance and long distance ones, but I'm guessing within co-located racks, you can limit the choices, easily.

• terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

@TimboJones said:
    Is there a go-to fiber transceiver and cables that just works everywhere and with everything? I know there's the short distance and long distance ones, but I'm guessing within co-located racks, you can limit the choices, easily.

SR4 with MPO cables has been working great for us.

Thanked by 1TimboJones

@terrahost said:

@TimboJones said:
    Is there a go-to fiber transceiver and cables that just works everywhere and with everything? I know there's the short distance and long distance ones, but I'm guessing within co-located racks, you can limit the choices, easily.

SR4 with MPO cables has been working great for us.

darn transceivers are $$$ the cables aint too bad.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    darn transceivers are $$$ the cables aint too bad.

ConnectX-6 200Gbps:

• adapter $1400
    • transceiver $700
    • direct attach cable $200

Not affordable!

I feel like this thread should be necroed

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    I feel like this thread should be necroed

Go ahead and post a picture!

• jahrincjahrinc Member

Maybe @terrahost can share some pics of their new DC in Norway?

Perhaps @PulsedMedia also wanna share recent pics?

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@jahrinc said:
    Maybe @terrahost can share some pics of their new DC in Norway?

Perhaps @PulsedMedia also wanna share recent pics?

Certainly, here is something we've posted on our discord:

A rack of storage 45x3.5" JBODs being assembled (this is pretty much filled by now):

Overview of couple racks, excuse the few nodes poking out, i guess they were desperate for some human interaction:

then some DC non-rack photos:

Some HDDs waiting for revalidation and redoyplement, min size 8TB and largest drives are closest (unsurprisingly smallest stacks of 18TB/16TB lol):

Wall of RAM, rather empty at this point after so many deployments (used to be more boxes, and fuller boxes):

Then some working photos:
    Storage warehouse, racks waiting for deployment to new DC (some of them, not all)

Some switches, 4U 45drive jbods stacked @ warehouse. Some of which is waiting for deployment to new DC and the switches will likely be sold off / recycled (VERY VERY good 48x1G + 4x10G, but way too power hungry). Behind you can see a couple big stacks of Rosewill 4RU cases:

Working at DC can be at times like:

• @trewq said:

Looks like you’re a fan of the 7050QX-32S. Are you doing bgp on them?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@HowardWolowitz said:

@trewq said:

Looks like you’re a fan of the 7050QX-32S. Are you doing bgp on them?

Yep! They do a good job if used correctly.

• jahrincjahrinc Member
    edited May 2023

@PulsedMedia said: Certainly, here is something we've posted on our discord:

A rack of storage 45x3.5" JBODs being assembled (this is pretty much filled by now):

great pics, thanks for sharing

• @trewq said:
    Yep! They do a good job if used correctly.

Thanks! I've been on the fence about them vs other options, but they appear to be great value for money... I think I might pull the trigger on a couple.

Super clean setup, btw. I like that you've got an optics tray at the top

• @jmginer said:

The plastic cover is still on? My mom would be proud!

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited May 2023

Chameleon rack at Texas Advanced Computing Center.
    I can reserve any node in this rack.

Two rows back, the white box is a liquid cooled system.
    Every once in a while, a naughty student would dunk themselves into the mineral oil, so that they don't have to take exams.