Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Share pictures of your Rack! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Share pictures of your Rack!

Comments

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@JabJab said:
    What happen here, why there is boot print in middle of rack, what is this?!
    Technician went very angry, you should pay them more :D

Probably just thrown the cover on the ground and stepped on it.
    But I do have to say... What a dirty cover.
    Soo much dirt for a DC floor.

BTY: @terrahost how is that FS switch working for you?

• terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@JabJab said:
    What happen here, why there is boot print in middle of rack, what is this?!
    Technician went very angry, you should pay them more :D

Probably just thrown the cover on the ground and stepped on it.
    But I do have to say... What a dirty cover.
    Soo much dirt for a DC floor.

BTY: @terrahost how is that FS switch working for you?

The DC is very clean, and was like that when we got the racks. Not sure what happened :p

The FS switch works well, its just for management and switching packets like any other :)

• @PHP_Friends @Avoro = premium

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • @DataIdeas-Josh Chief, got any pictures of your Dallas setup?

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

@TimboJones said:

@servarica_hani said:
    I have these 3 in my mobile phone currently

You must have a really big phone.

I'd love to score one of those 24 drive hot swap chassis from eBay, but shipping kills everytime.

actually in the images I shared non of the servers are 24 disks
    the 2 bottom one in first image are both 36 disks servers
    all remaining storage servers you see are 72 disks servers
    here is video of 1 time we did make 1PB server in 4U in one of these big boys
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/comments/ym8nnp/this_is_how_1pb_in_4u_space_looks_like_one_of_our/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Thanked by 2ralf TimboJones
  • CatixsCatixs Member, Host Rep

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    I got pictures of our rack. But heres one better..
    Here's a video of our RPi's

Looks quite amazing. That fan panel is very interesting. We had a custom-built one that could fit 6x4CM fans from Penn Elcom.

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2022

Our rack in Bangladesh location.

Thanked by 2maverick bdspice
  • HybulaHybula Member, Patron Provider

Recently we got a nice picture in the dark of a network PoP, those are all 100G optics :smile:

We share such pictures regularly on our Discord for those interested (see signature).

• @servarica_hani said:
    I have these 3 in my mobile phone currently
    need to go back to DC to take full images of the racks

Lovely!

• HivelocityHivelocity Member, Patron Provider

We do have a live stream from inside a few of our data centers available - https://www.hivelocity.net/live-feed/

• @Hivelocity said:
    We do have a live stream from inside a few of our data centers available - https://www.hivelocity.net/live-feed/

If you check right now, there's some guy nicking all your stuff!

Thanked by 1sebkehl
  • @Hivelocity said: We do have a live stream from inside a few of our data centers available - https://www.hivelocity.net/live-feed/

Looped footage, we need some proofs - like 13:37 local time we need to see someone there with #LET banner or something :trollface:

• interservermikeinterservermike Member, Patron Provider

Now I see why MX204 is so hard to buy.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited December 2022

@aqua said:

@TimboJones said:

@aqua said:

@yoursunny said:
    I got no time for a rack.
    Devices are scattered around the Fast
    Ethernet
    switch.
    Cable colors are all over the place.
    Power cords are too long.
    If I need to change something, I just unplug everything.

D6F27536-4E0D-456D-813B-DD4A1538B231

Man, you need a microfiber towel ASAP...

What am I missing? I don't see glass in the pics...

Bottom left picture, the NUC (i assume) is covered in dust.

Equipment shown:

• BeagleBone Black 512MB
    • DELL OptiPlex 7040 Micro
    • FS524 48-port Fast Ethernet switch
    • GL.iNet AR750 wireless router + Toshiba Canvio Advance 2TB hard drive

Dust everywhere.
    I just suck 'em up

with vacuum cleaner, not mouth

• @yoursunny said:
    I just suck 'em up

with vacuum cleaner, not mouth

99 suck ups or $10 for transfer

Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • emgemg Veteran

@ralf said:

If you check right now, there's some guy nicking all your stuff!

I did not see that when I looked, merely a bunch of empty racks with wires hanging out.

Thanked by 1ralf
  • emgemg Veteran

@Hivelocity said:

Thank you for sharing. Using this live feed, I stole several website certificate private keys from customer VPSs.

It's easy. Just watch the blinkin' lights. On->Off = 0 and Off->On = 1. Remember to check the parity bit.

• @Hivelocity I'm such a fan boy with HiVelocity. Solid service. TPA1 cam looks good. Look at that branding <3

@Hxxx said:
    @Hivelocity I'm such a fan boy with HiVelocity. Solid service. TPA1 cam looks good. Look at that branding <3

Thank you for the love. I am sure it sounds cliche but it really does mean a lot to us when someone recognizes our efforts. <3

Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • @Hivelocity said:

@Hxxx said:
    @Hivelocity I'm such a fan boy with HiVelocity. Solid service. TPA1 cam looks good. Look at that branding <3

Thank you for the love. I am sure it sounds cliche but it really does mean a lot to us when someone recognizes our efforts. <3

You're probably the most respectable and trustable company here.

One of only maybe three companies here I could rely on you still being here five years from now.

edited December 2022

@SirFoxy said:

@Hivelocity said:

@Hxxx said:

One of only maybe three companies here I could rely on you still being here five years from now.

My father-in-law was an executive at Disney. Disney provides their execs with some of the best training in the world and I was fortunate to have him as my mentor. He taught me a lot about focusing on the customer experience, paying attention to the details and always trying to be “exceptional”. Part of the lesson was “people will pay a little extra for knowing they are going to get a reliably exceptional experience.” He passed away this year but I try to honor him by letting people know how much his guidance meant to Hivelocity. We are not perfect but I promise you, we try very hard to be an exceptional provider.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited December 2022

@Hivelocity said:

@SirFoxy said:

@Hivelocity said:

@Hxxx said:

My father-in-law was an executive at Disney. Disney provides their execs with some of the best training in the world and I was fortunate to have him as my mentor. He taught me a lot about focusing on the customer experience, paying attention to the details and always trying to be “exceptional”. Part of the lesson was “people will pay a little extra for knowing they are going to get a reliably exceptional experience.” He passed away this year but I try to honor him by letting people know how much his guidance meant to Hivelocity. We are not perfect but I promise you, we try very hard to be an exceptional provider.

No company does branding quite as well as Disney. Great story, it reflects.

Edit: Sorry about the loss, by the way.

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

@Hivelocity said:

@SirFoxy said:

@Hivelocity said:

@Hxxx said:

I've had nothing but great experiences with Hivelocity. I want to personally thank Eric (not sure if he still works there) the Dallas DC Tech for teaching me and helping me out when I was first starting in the business. Nothing but good looks from the Dallas team and they help out where they can (luckily haven't needed anything recently).

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited December 2022

Not as fancy as some of the others here of course, but this is my one at home:

• Basic StarTech two-post rack
    • TP-Link ER8411 10Gbps router
    • MikroTik CRS312-4C+8XG-RM managed switch (runs RouterOS). 12 x 10Gbps ports.
    • TP-Link TL-SG1218MPE 16-port Gigabit PoE switch. 250 W PoE power budget. The entire switch will be a separate isolated network for security cameras - I've got the cameras but haven't installed them yet
    • Tripp Lite 14 outlet PDU

Not pictured: AdTran 622v 10Gbps fiber ONT mounted on the wall next to the rack.

I still need to run many more CAT6 cables; I've just ran some to my office and to the TV but want to run cables to the other rooms too.

It's sitting in a closet:

No issues with heat yet, but I'll see how well it goes in summer. The door is louvered and summer's usually mild enough that we don't need air conditioning very often (just for a few very hot days) so it'll probably be fine, but I might add a small exhaust fan to push the warm air out.

Thanked by 3aqua maverick Plioser
    edited December 2022

@aqua said:

@Hivelocity said:

@SirFoxy said:

@Hivelocity said:

@Hxxx said:

I've had nothing but great experiences with Hivelocity. I want to personally thank Eric (not sure if he still works there) the Dallas DC Tech for teaching me and helping me out when I was first starting in the business. Nothing but good looks from the Dallas team and they help out where they can (luckily haven't needed anything recently).

Thank you for the feedback. Again, it means the world to me hearing you have had a great experience. If you are referring to Eric L, yes he still works for HV at DAL1 and he is an absolute rock star.

@Hivelocity said:

@aqua said:

@Hivelocity said:

@SirFoxy said:

@Hivelocity said:

@Hxxx said:

If you are referring to Eric L, yes he still works for HV at DAL1 and he is absolutely a rock star.

No sir, Eric P.

@ExonHost said:
    Our rack in Bangladesh location.

Front mounted switch? Never seen that personally... (no hate)

@aqua said:

@Hivelocity said:

@aqua said:

@Hivelocity said:

@SirFoxy said:

@Hivelocity said:

@Hxxx said:

If you are referring to Eric L, yes he still works for HV at DAL1 and he is absolutely a rock star.

No sir, Eric P.

Eric P still works at DAL1 and is also very much a rock star. You all are making my night. Thank you! I will be sure to mention this to Eric P asap.

Thanked by 2aqua iKeyZ
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited December 2022

@Hivelocity said:

@aqua said:

@Hivelocity said:

@aqua said:

@Hivelocity said:

@SirFoxy said:

@Hivelocity said:

@Hxxx said:

No sir, Eric P.

Eric P still works at DAL1 and is also very much a rock star. You all are making my night. Thank you! I will be sure to mention this to Eric P asap.

I haven't used Hivelocity for a long time, but it's also one of the hosts I trust the most, and probably the first host I'd go to if I needed a high quality (non-low-end) dedicated server.

I used to have a Core 2 Duo server with 2GB RAM and a free upgrade from 10Mbps to 100Mbps. The first server I ever had at a 'proper' host. A sysadmin named Steve C used to help me back in... I'd guess 2011 to 2013. Is he still there?

edited December 2022

@Daniel15 said:

@Hivelocity said:

@aqua said:

@Hivelocity said:

@aqua said:

@Hivelocity said:

@SirFoxy said:

@Hivelocity said:

@Hxxx said:

No sir, Eric P.

I haven't used Hivelocity for a long time, but it's also one of the hosts I trust the most, and probably the first host I'd go to if I needed a high quality (non-low-end) dedicated server.

I used to have a Core 2 Duo server with 2GB RAM and a free upgrade from 10Mbps to 100Mbps. The first server I ever had at a 'proper' host. A sysadmin named Steve C used to help me back in... I'd guess 2011 to 2013. Is he still there?

Daniel, I remember you. Yes, Steve C is still with us. He mostly works overnights at TPA1 and is in DevOps now. I think Steve C has been with us since probably 2007 I bet. #LateNightRockStar