Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MXroute Offers are up - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MXroute Offers are up

Comments

• @jar said:
    Btw in addition to backups, all user emails saved on the platform on packages purchased during this promo uses this lovely storage system:

https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/storage-solutions/nas-ha/

Redundant with failover. Primary servers at minimum RAID1 for the OS, jetbackup keeping a copy of everything externally. Getting a bit serious about data and backups after really getting lucky a few times otherwise.

what about backups for users that purchased the BF2019 deal?

• @jar said:

What about folks with existing plans?

Most that are on these NAS boxes don't currently know it. Eagle and Moose are using them, Arrow is getting one added soon. Every server is getting upgraded pretty soon.

arrow! 👍

• @imchandave said:
    Just want to say that I got a BF deal from 2020 and I love it! Fast, reliable, rock solid.

No problems what so ever.

same here but BF2019 plan. still premium.

• @jar Where is 5$ plan?

Thanked by 1tridinebandim
  • Thanks @jar for another great black friday offer.. I do basically have the same conditions for some years now and I won't switch to anything else. Great service! Premium!

• @jar said:

@shileno said:
    @jar

No offer for reseller plan?

I was hoping to buy another plan like the one I currently have (BF19 Reseller 150G)

I want to but only if I get a reseller box migrated in time. I had a 6 hour outage yesterday because I had marked a system as having it's OS in RAID1 while it wasn't at all (couldn't tell you what I was thinking, been too long).

Both Safari and Lucy have their OS on a single NVMe and while I'm prepared for a repeat of yesterday now, and data loss isn't really possible today where it was yesterday (makes more sense on the status page, I'm cutting corners on typing), I just got their replacements racked today. Massive upgrades and safe from nuclear war.

@Astro said:

@jar said:
    Btw in addition to backups, all user emails saved on the platform on packages purchased during this promo uses this lovely storage system:

Redundant with failover. Primary servers at minimum RAID1 for the OS, jetbackup keeping a copy of everything externally. Getting a bit serious about data and backups after really getting lucky a few times otherwise.

What about folks with existing plans?

Most that are on these NAS boxes don't currently know it. Eagle and Moose are using them, Arrow is getting one added soon. Every server is getting upgraded pretty soon.

Regardless of any discounts - can reseller plans be upgraded (to a higher-tier plan, with more storage) without migrating?

• Thanks @jar - I've been on the fence for ages as I don't really need it, but thought I'd give the $10 plan a go anyway. If nothing else, it'd be useful to have a backup outgoing SMTP option.

• @Hotmarer said: @jar Where is 5$ plan?

+1

• Hey @jar !
    Would it be alright if I signed up for a new account and placed an order but paid with the same paypal account?

• @dosai said: 5GB storage. It was available in BF 2020 IIRC.

Mine is 2GB (BF 2020 plan) :disappointed:

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@kkrajk said:
    Hey @jar !
    Would it be alright if I signed up for a new account and placed an order but paid with the same paypal account?

Yeah no worries

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • Our man @jar ignoring all $5 unsustainable requests. Seems like nothing for this year.

Thanked by 2Hotmarer jar
  • @jar Kind of want to jump off that old cPanel so at least you won't me making a loss on me. Does your DA have any sort of logs/delivery tracking information like cPanel? Did any of your customers have any major problems when migrating? Any recommended tools for moving the mails between servers?

• Are the lifetime guaranted for running at least 10 years?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Any reseller plans?

• @add_iT said:
    Are the lifetime guaranted for running at least 10 years?

10 months top. Anything over that, consider bonus

/s

Thanked by 2yoursunny alilet
  • @add_iT said:
    Are the lifetime guaranted for running at least 10 years?

@jar is still a young and energetic guy, but there are few 10-year guarantees in the low-end hosting world

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • emgemg Veteran
    edited November 2022

@jar said:

Edit, inserting:
    MxRoute has been 100% reliable and an excellent provider. They have high standards.

This is great, but I am sure @jar has seen my pleas for customer backup/restore. Customers want to backup their accounts, forwarders, etc. Someday, I hope.

• @oriend said:
    Our man @jar ignoring all $5 unsustainable requests. Seems like nothing for this year.

Why would he do that when inflation is so high, everything is costing more.
    For $5 dollars he can't even buy a Taco nowadays.

Even the $10 dollars a year is underprice super hard. That's not even a $1 a month.

Thanked by 2jar Ironia
  • @Hxxx said:

@oriend said:
    Our man @jar ignoring all $5 unsustainable requests. Seems like nothing for this year.

Why would he do that when inflation is so high, everything is costing more.
    For $5 dollars he can't even buy a Taco nowadays.

Even the $10 dollars a year is underprice super hard. That's not even a $1 a month.

"Unsustainable" wasn't obvious enough?

• i want to mxtoute but it tell me cheat

• A brief look, 21 minutes long video.
    You funny jar, it's 2022, attention span is like 30 seconds, no one gonna watch this!

• emgemg Veteran

$10 a year is a great price. Furthermore, I have not heard of an MxRoute price increase once you sign up for a plan.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@angstrom said:
    @jar is still a young and energetic guy, but there are few 10-year guarantees in the low-end hosting world

What if he's hit by a bus server falling from top of rack?

• Which location? Will there be another serveer in another location?

• @ariq01 said:

@dosai said: 5GB storage. It was available in BF 2020 IIRC.

Mine is 2GB (BF 2020 plan) :disappointed:

Yeah, you are right. I'm mistaken.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • @JabJab said:

A brief look, 21 minutes long video.
    You funny jar, it's 2022, attention span is like 30 seconds, no one gonna watch this!

Can confirm I bought without watching the video

Thanked by 1crilla
  • I just came to know about .blackfriday domain extension.
    BTW, $10 /year plan is extremely good. @jar thank you for your great BF deal.

• @dosai said: Yeah, you are right. I'm mistaken.

Aight pika

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited November 2022

@yoursunny said:

@angstrom said:

What if he's hit by a bus server falling from top of rack?

Theoretically possible

Just to note: I wrote "few" (= "not many") and not "a few" (= "a small number of")

What I meant was: "Don't expect 10-year guarantees in the low-end hosting world, no matter how young and energetic the provider may be"