Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SMARTHOST - Black Friday Offers - Now Live! Limited Time & Limited Quantities - Act Fast! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SMARTHOST - Black Friday Offers - Now Live! Limited Time & Limited Quantities - Act Fast!

Comments

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

@leeu121 said:
    Looks really solid. Hope this deal is still available when you release your Atlanta location.

I'm sure we can work something out even if they are not. ;-)

~ SMARTHOST

We are about halfway sold out for Storage VPS in our UK location...seems to be the most popular location during this sale.

~ SMARTHOST

• Can we install custom iso?
    @SmartHost

@reala said:
    Can we install custom iso?
    @SmartHost

Not currently, until software supports such in 2023.
    However, if it is a O/S and version that can benefit our entire client base, we often add them to the system upon request.
    We have most popular ones in there already though...

~ SMARTHOST

• Hi @smarthost
    I'm looking for 4GB ram & 50GB HDD VPS in Florida. Yearly offer. Can you help? Your 8GB vps is good but I don't need that much.

@lawrence said:
    Hi @smarthost
    I'm looking for 4GB ram & 50GB HDD VPS in Florida. Yearly offer. Can you help? Your 8GB vps is good but I don't need that much.

Sure, open up a ticket with us, and we'll do a custom deal for you. ;-)

~ SMARTHOST

Thanked by 1lawrence
  • @SmartHost Ticket Created #304707

@lawrence said:
    @SmartHost Ticket Created #304707

Thank you for your order!

~SMARTHOST

Thanked by 1lawrence
  • Thank you SmartHost! Very happy with your services.

• Hello, Can I buy the 8gb package in Atlanta
    Also are you adding more ISO images, or windows and can we bring our own key?

• nekkidnekkid Member
    edited November 2022

@SmartHost, please let me know, just a polite check if are you doubling the offer, or are there any offers like others, if we buy and post order number

1. I am looking for 6GB or 8GB with 80GB NVME
    2. Also what processors/memory (is it ddr4) are on the VPS deals for 6GB and 8GB packages
    3. Can you please add windows ISO or latest Ubuntu 22?
  • @reala said:
    @SmartHost

I agree would be nice to have the current images, during checkout in the drop down it doesnt have the latest/patches ISOs

• @nekkid said:

@reala said:
    @SmartHost

I agree would be nice to have the current images, during checkout in the drop down it doesnt have the latest/patches ISOs

Can't you upgrade the os once provisioned?

@nekkid said:
    Hello, Can I buy the 8gb package in Atlanta
    Also are you adding more ISO images, or windows and can we bring our own key?

Atlanta not available yet, we are expanding the in Q1 2023.

We add ISOs all the time as popular new ones are released.
    Windows Trial ISOs are already available in the system.

~ SMARTHOST

@nekkid said:
    @SmartHost, please let me know, just a polite check if are you doubling the offer, or are there any offers like others, if we buy and post order number

1. I am looking for 6GB or 8GB with 80GB NVME
    2. Also what processors/memory (is it ddr4) are on the VPS deals for 6GB and 8GB packages
    3. Can you please add windows ISO or latest Ubuntu 22?
    1. We are not doubling offer for posts. Prices are cheap enough already.
    2. All nodes are different. Most nodes are DDR3 unless Ryzen. Most nodes are Dual E5-2670v1, with many Dual E5-2690v2 as well, some Quad E5-4640, with a handful of others randomly mixed in.
    3. Windows Trial ISOs and Ubunto 22 ISO already available for long time in our system.

~ SMARTHOST

@nekkid said:

@reala said:
    @SmartHost

Those are just the pre-created templates available, not the ISOs.
    You can do ISO install after service delivery.
    ISOs are always available, before pre-created templates become available.

~ SMARTHOST

Don't confuse pre-created O/S templates with ISOs you install from yourself.
    We are not going to provide pre-created Windows templates on our Linux VPS services.
    That is what our Windows VPS (licensed) specific services are for.
    However, we also don't stop you from installing such from ISO yourself instead.

~ SMARTHOST

Thanked by 1plumberg

FLASH SALE

$19.95+/yr 1GB+ Ryzen NVMe KVM VPS in US

1GB RAM
    10GB NVME SSD
    1TB Bandwidth
    Discounted upgrades
    Quantity: 50
    Promo code: BF2022-TH5R
    $19.95/yr

https://www.smarthost.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=369&ims=bf2022&promocode=BF2022-TH5R

• @SmartHost said: STORAGE VPS

• 1 vCPU
    • 1GB RAM
    • 1TB HDD
    • 5TB Bandwidth
    • 1Gbps Port
    • (1) IPv4
    • (1) IPv6
      $29.95/year
      Instant Activation - Order Now
      USE PROMO CODE: BF2022-1

is this possible to be deployed in SMARTHOST CALIFORNIA (NORTH) DATACENTER 2 - (CA2) - SANTA CLARA?

@socialzzz said:

is this possible to be deployed in SMARTHOST CALIFORNIA (NORTH) DATACENTER 2 - (CA2) - SANTA CLARA?

Storage VPS service is not available in that location yet, but is coming in December.

~ SMARTHOST

• @SmartHost said:

@socialzzz said:

Storage VPS service is not available in that location yet, but is coming in December.

~ SMARTHOST

if i ordered vegas, can i be transferred when live? also do you offer any money back guarantee

• For those on the fence, this looks to be the best offer from any provider this year that:

• Accepts adult content
    • Has good facilities/peering (as always, check the test IPs from representative end-user connections matching your target demographics, of course; in my case, I ended up choosing a different location than was immediately obvious due to routing and latency from AT&T and Xfinity)
    • Has good support

For that last bullet point, neither of the services I paid for is properly running yet (there's a prerequisite that has a more than acceptable latest response of "probably not done until later tonight" in their last ticket update).

My only complaint thus far is that the order process indicates that one may be able to bring their own ISO for installation, by a "self installation - ISO" option being default, but they do not yet have this functionality.

I still have a different host as my preferred provider for most things, but their location + policies (especially regarding adult content) don't work for this project. So I'm glad to see SmartHost able to fill the need I had this project-planning season!

I legitimately could not find a better choice on LET or anywhere else this year as most other options had: no DDoS protection; poor response times for my main client base's likely connections; no adult content; reasonable storage VPSes unavailable; etc. (Especially storage was a pain this year: I love seeing more NVMe offerings, but 100GB for a "storage" VPS doesn't work when you foresee needing to grow that much each year for "cold storage" type stuff!)

@socialzzz said:
    if i ordered vegas, can i be transferred when live? also do you offer any money back guarantee

We cannot transfer Storage VPS...too much bandwidth and length of transfer time required for that. It can be deleted in one location and set up fresh in another however, but that requires data loss.

We do not have a money back guarantee, as we rarely have clients requesting refunds. Usually if an issue, we can resolve it promptly, or work out another solution with the client. However, we do make exceptions, if we mess something up, or a refund is a reasonable resolution to a matter. We just got tired of folks abusing and requesting refunds, it's easier for us to just approve manually in warranted cases...and we are pretty reasonable and fair about it. ;-)

~ SMARTHOST

edited November 2022

@lewellyn said:
    For that last bullet point, neither of the services I paid for is properly running yet (there's a prerequisite that has a more than acceptable latest response of "probably not done until later tonight" in their last ticket update).

My only complaint thus far is that the order process indicates that one may be able to bring their own ISO for installation, by a "self installation - ISO" option being default, but they do not yet have this functionality.

Your requested ISO is configured, and is syncing across the nodes, which takes awhile. You will be notified once completed. We don't always add requested ISOs, but we do if they are of benefit to the client base as a whole, as your was... ;-)

~ SMARTHOST

• @SmartHost said:
    Your requested ISO is configured, and is syncing across the nodes, which takes awhile. You will be notified once completed. We don't always add requested ISOs, but we do if they are of benefit to the client base as a whole, as your was... ;-)

~ SMARTHOST

That is exactly why I was being slightly oblique about the nature of the request you are filling. I am quite aware that it's not one that gets filled every day, and I honestly didn't expect that filling it was going to be my outcome. <3

I was legitimately freaking out that I wasn't finding any other offers that quite meshed with what I was looking for, for this project, and the prospect of it being very much a one-off for maintenance was not sitting well with me as I try hard to have a good security posture. :D

@lewellyn said:
    That is exactly why I was being slightly oblique about the nature of the request you are filling. I am quite aware that it's not one that gets filled every day, and I honestly didn't expect that filling it was going to be my outcome. <3

Happy we were able to help in this instance. ;)

~ SMARTHOST

Thanked by 1lewellyn
  • Don't miss the ongoing sale!

My storage VPS still going well and with friendly staffs, should not go wrong! B)

Glad that I found the good deal!

• I have probably about 10 or more VMs in different locations, and they are all flawless. Zero issues whatsoever, very highly recommend provider.

• @NobodyInteresting said:
    I have probably about 10 or more VMs in different locations, and they are all flawless. Zero issues whatsoever, very highly recommend provider.

Oh wow...amazing...I'm just a new customer who accidentally found SmartHost when I was searching for a deal and they are friendly.

All storage vps?

• @hapkido said:

@NobodyInteresting said:
    I have probably about 10 or more VMs in different locations, and they are all flawless. Zero issues whatsoever, very highly recommend provider.

Oh wow...amazing...I'm just a new customer who accidentally found SmartHost when I was searching for a deal and they are friendly.

All storage vps?

No, all are regular KVM VPS. I don't need storage for now, so I haven't had the need to get one, but if I did need one or two - smarthost is where its at.

Good find, for sure.