Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OFFICIAL B-L-A-C-K-F-R-I-D-A-Y THREAD -- COMMUNITY ENDORSED! Take a peek! (RackNerd's Black Friday) - Page 885
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OFFICIAL B-L-A-C-K-F-R-I-D-A-Y THREAD -- COMMUNITY ENDORSED! Take a peek! (RackNerd's Black Friday)

Comments

• @jmaxwell said:

to scrap and scalp and snipe

Scrap, scalp and snipe... reminded me of S3 buckets haha

• if someone sets up auto refresh for every 5 seconds, it's 17k or so views per 24h

• @MooCowGalaxy said:

@jmaxwell said:

to scrap and scalp and snipe

Scrap, scalp and snipe... reminded me of S3 buckets haha

lol

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@vt1kwz2v2 said:
    Please double bandwidth.
    Order Number: 5452815245
    Invoice ID: #4921426
    Thanks!

Hi @vt1kwz2v2 -- We've gone ahead and doubled your bandwidth.

Thank You for doing business with RackNerd :)

Thanked by 1Drainer
  • @jmaxwell said:
    if someone sets up auto refresh for every 5 seconds, it's 17k or so views per 24h

In 2 days we got 400k views, that means that each day is 200k views or 138.89 views per minute 👀 LET's servers must be really strong!

• @MooCowGalaxy said:

@jmaxwell said:
    if someone sets up auto refresh for every 5 seconds, it's 17k or so views per 24h

In 2 days we got 400k views, that means that each day is 200k views or 138.89 views per minute 👀 LET's servers must be really strong!

We are too gentle viewing the post.

MORE.

• @sonu said:

We are too gentle viewing the post.

MORE.

Okay, I estimate that we'll reach 2.5 million views on Friday, Dec. 2nd if these views are increasing at a consistent rate. 5 days doesn't sound that bad for 1 million views 😛

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @MooCowGalaxy said:

@jmaxwell said:

yep it can take a lot of such surge, impressive

• @jmaxwell said:

yep it can take a lot of such surge, impressive

Especially the megathread, I bet there's at least 100 refreshes simultaneously at the start of each hour when a new deal comes out!

• No flashsales today ?

• MooCowGalaxyMooCowGalaxy Member
    edited November 2022

@jmaxwell said:
    No flashsales today ?

Doesn't seem like it, unless the chef is going to stay up late like last night :lol:

• @MooCowGalaxy said:

@jmaxwell said:
    No flashsales today ?

Doesn't seem like it, unless the chef is going to stay up late like last night :lol:

hope so

• More resource giveaways!!

• Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Fun fact, we hit 1,000 unique users who commented on this thread!

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Good morning everyone ;) I see, not much has happened during my night :)

• @MrEd said:
    Good morning everyone ;) I see, not much has happened during my night :)

Yep, yesterday and today have been very quiet.

• OrderId: RACKN221128-1892-77202

Is this renewal perhaps eligible for the doubling offer?
    Worth a try :smile:

Anyway, thanks for your business and for entering me in the giveaway.

• I've bought your VPS. I need double bandwidth.
    My order ID:1411360565
    Invoice information:#4909834
    Thank you very much,have a nice day.

• @MrEd said:
    Good morning everyone ;) I see, not much has happened during my night :)

Slow days
    Unless chef has some surprises

• @jmaxwell said:

Slow days

The chef will probably appear either in a few hours or tomorrow night!

• @MooCowGalaxy said:

@jmaxwell said:

Slow days

The chef will probably appear either in a few hours or tomorrow night!

Well deserved rest then

Thanked by 1BluBoy
  • MrEdMrEd Member
    edited November 2022

So, the time has come!

As per agreement with @ishrak , I am giving away the

@dustinc said: RYZEN NVMe - 1.5 GB Ryzen KVM VPS

1x AMD Ryzen CPU Core

22 GB NVMe SSD Storage
    1.5 GB DDR4 RAM
    3000GB Monthly Premium Bandwidth
    1Gbps Public Network Port
    Full Root Admin Access
    1 Dedicated IPv4 Address
    KVM / SolusVM Control Panel - Reboot, Reinstall, Manage rDNS, & much more
    Deployed in Random Location
    Renew's @ $35.59/Year (No obligation to renew, no gimmicks, no catch. Simply FREE)

Edit: the prize is for 6 months. Just noticed that I missed to mention that.

@ishrak said:

@ishrak said: You can also give the ryzen VM away to someone that needs it.

So it is not "the first comment"...

Prerequisites:

• User must be created before November 1st 2022 (just don't create a user to request a VM now)
    • User must Thank the original (first) @dustinc post
    • User must Thank @ishrak post Link here for this giveaway to happen
    • User might thank this post by me

Requirement: user must specify, WHY he needs it! There should not be a need for idling, also "having a proxy" would probably not be the correct use case for this powerful VM - there are plenty NAT VMs that would work just fine for this use case. I am looking something more special. Something community related would get you to the top of the list. Make a post about this in this thread.

I can say, I am running https://racknerd.projecthive.eu/ on exactly the same VM which I won a week ago. The VM is way too powerful for this project, but this would be a good example for community related project ;)

I will go through the next 10 pages manually and collect all applications into spreadsheet. Then will have a subjective sorting on the WHY the VM is needed. Decision should be announced quite quickly (but give me some time), but @ishrak has a VETO right, if he thinks my decision is wrong, he can choose another winner.

Just as a note - @dustinc didn't contact me for the VM prize, nor did he contact me for the traded prize yet, but I trust that everything will be ok.

• I rarely write so much, but this time it was needed :D

• @MrEd said:
    I rarely write so much, but this time it was needed :D

Nice job giving back to people who need it :) Hopefully you get a lot of applications!

• @MooCowGalaxy said:

@MrEd said:
    I rarely write so much, but this time it was needed :D

Nice job giving back to people who need it :) Hopefully you get a lot of applications!

I also hope so. The question is - 10 pages is it too much work for me, is it not enough (maybe most of good applicators will be sleeping through this period)... :D I hope I will not burn out of this, and that I will find someone that really needs it. :)

How do you think, the requirements are correct, or am I too strict with this? :D

• @MrEd said:
    So, the time has come!

As per agreement with @ishrak , I am giving away the

@dustinc said: RYZEN NVMe - 1.5 GB Ryzen KVM VPS

1x AMD Ryzen CPU Core

22 GB NVMe SSD Storage
    1.5 GB DDR4 RAM
    3000GB Monthly Premium Bandwidth
    1Gbps Public Network Port
    Full Root Admin Access
    1 Dedicated IPv4 Address
    KVM / SolusVM Control Panel - Reboot, Reinstall, Manage rDNS, & much more
    Deployed in Random Location
    Renew's @ $35.59/Year (No obligation to renew, no gimmicks, no catch. Simply FREE)

@ishrak said:

@ishrak said: You can also give the ryzen VM away to someone that needs it.

So it is not "the first comment"...

Prerequisites:

• User must be created before November 1st 2022 (just don't create a user to request a VM now)
    • User must Thank the original (first) @dustinc post
    • User must Thank @ishrak post Link here for this giveaway to happen
    • User might thank this post by me

Requirement: user must specify, WHY he needs it! There should not be a need for idling, also "having a proxy" would probably not be the correct use case for this powerful VM - there are plenty NAT VMs that would work just fine for this use case. I am looking something more special. Something community related would get you to the top of the list.

I can say, I am running https://racknerd.projecthive.eu/ on exactly the same VM which I won a week ago. The VM is way too powerful for this project, but this would be a good example for community related project ;)

I will go through the next 10 pages manually and collect all applications into spreadsheet. Then will have a subjective sorting on the WHY the VM is needed. Decision should be announced quite quickly (but give me some time), but @ishrak has a VETO right, if he thinks my decision is wrong, he can choose another winner.

Just as a note - @dustinc didn't contact me for the VM prize, nor did he contact me for the traded prize yet, but I trust that everything will be ok.

I think @Arkas wanted a Ryzen badly

• @jmaxwell said: I think @Arkas wanted a Ryzen badly

But he was asking about the 2.5GB. Question is - is 1.5GB enough for him or not? Anyways, he can also write the application :D

• @MrEd said:

@jmaxwell said: I think @Arkas wanted a Ryzen badly

But he was asking about the 2.5GB. Question is - is 1.5GB enough for him or not? Anyways, he can also write the application :D

Ah ok then

• @MrEd said:

I also hope so. The question is - 10 pages is it too much work for me, is it not enough (maybe most of good applicators will be sleeping through this period)... :D I hope I will not burn out of this, and that I will find someone that really needs it. :)

How do you think, the requirements are correct, or am I too strict with this? :D

If you want, I can try helping you compile responses from >10 pages of comments!
    As for the requirements, they’re pretty fair, I think it’s good.

This discussion has been closed.