Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OFFICIAL B-L-A-C-K-F-R-I-D-A-Y THREAD -- COMMUNITY ENDORSED! Take a peek! (RackNerd's Black Friday) - Page 19
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OFFICIAL B-L-A-C-K-F-R-I-D-A-Y THREAD -- COMMUNITY ENDORSED! Take a peek! (RackNerd's Black Friday)

Comments

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Alright, you guys did it! I'll send a DM to @denellum shortly and arrange shipping for his fancy RackNerd stickers 👊

• @dustinc said:
    Alright, you guys did it! I'll send a DM to @denellum shortly and arrange shipping for his fancy RackNerd stickers 👊

Woohoo! Congratulations, @denellum!

Enjoy your stickers

@inzxwax said:
    Hello, I would like to double the bandwidth.
    Order Number: 6300460906
    Invoice #4680884
    Thanks!

Hi @inzxwax -- Thank You for placing an order with RackNerd :)

We were able to locate your order, and have doubled your bandwidth successfully.

@phucvandinh said:
    I don't have latency for LA but the latency from Dallas to SEA is pretty decent (Dallas to Vietnam)

+--------+------------------------------------------+------------+

ID Server Latency
    17757 VNPT-NET / Ha Noi / Vietnam 196.48ms
    -------- ------------------------------------------ ------------
    17756 VNPT-NET / Da Nang / Vietnam 180.517ms
    17758 VNPT-NET / Ho Chi Minh / Vietnam 198.783ms
    9903 Viettel Network / Ha Noi / Vietnam 190.711ms
    10040 Viettel Network / Da Nang / Vietnam 190.426ms
    26853 Viettel Network / Ho Chi Minh / Vietnam 197.816ms
    2552 FPT Telecom / Hanoi / Vietnam 177.348ms
    44677 FPT Telecom / Da Nang / Vietnam 179.463ms
    2515 FPT Telecom / Ho Chi Minh City / Vietnam 186.655ms

Hi @phucvandinh -- appreciate you sharing this :)

@pioneer said:
    Hello, I would like to double the bandwidth.
    Order Number: 5985812000
    Invoice 4682774
    Thanks!

Hi @pioneer -- good stuff :) thank you for the order!

We've gone ahead and doubled your bandwidth.

@fazar said:

@jcolideles said:
    Wow that's a good uptime 😍

my experiences with racknerd is good. solid uptime, stable services and fast support responses. really bang for bucks. 👍

Hi @fazar -- Thank You for sharing your experience with us :) Happy to hear that you've found our uptime, stability and support to be satisfactory -- this is the type of experience we strive to provide each and every valued customer of ours.

Here's to many more years together 👊

Thanked by 1fazar
  • @Xrmaddness said: Everyone gets a single mystery box on your first Black Friday purchase

I saw the video - wasn't sure if you get the box before or after purchase. Is it after purchase?

@jcolideles said:
    Here's LA To Philippines

PING 136.158.34.41 (136.158.34.41) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from 136.158.34.41: icmp_seq=1 ttl=249 time=154 ms
    64 bytes from 136.158.34.41: icmp_seq=2 ttl=249 time=154 ms
    64 bytes from 136.158.34.41: icmp_seq=3 ttl=249 time=154 ms
    64 bytes from 136.158.34.41: icmp_seq=4 ttl=249 time=154 ms
    64 bytes from 136.158.34.41: icmp_seq=5 ttl=249 time=154 ms
    64 bytes from 136.158.34.41: icmp_seq=6 ttl=249 time=154 ms
    64 bytes from 136.158.34.41: icmp_seq=7 ttl=249 time=154 ms
    64 bytes from 136.158.34.41: icmp_seq=8 ttl=249 time=154 ms
    64 bytes from 136.158.34.41: icmp_seq=9 ttl=249 time=154 ms
    64 bytes from 136.158.34.41: icmp_seq=10 ttl=249 time=154 ms
    64 bytes from 136.158.34.41: icmp_seq=11 ttl=249 time=154 ms
    64 bytes from 136.158.34.41: icmp_seq=12 ttl=249 time=154 ms
    64 bytes from 136.158.34.41: icmp_seq=13 ttl=249 time=154 ms
    ^C
    --- 136.158.34.41 ping statistics ---
    13 packets transmitted, 13 received, 0% packet loss, time 12014ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 153.777/153.873/153.983/0.061 ms

Loving it! Thanks for sharing this :)

• @Astro said:

@Xrmaddness said: Everyone gets a single mystery box on your first Black Friday purchase

I saw the video - wasn't sure if you get the box before or after purchase. Is it after purchase?

Yes, after you place your order, but before you pay. You'll get a screen with your mystery box, and then after you open it, your mystery prize will be applied to your order. :)

@jcolideles said:

@fazar said:

@jcolideles said:
    Wow that's a good uptime 😍

my experiences with racknerd is good. solid uptime, stable services and fast support responses. really bang for bucks. 👍

Yeah really bang for bucks, I hope RackNerd would stay for long and grow even more 🥳

@jcolideles -- Thank You so much for the support and kind wishes :) We will continue on our expansion efforts.

@Wisdom7077 said:
    The price is still a little high, I can't afford it. :D

@Wisdom7077 -- Appreciate you stopping by! I hope that at some point we can do business together, I'm confident you will be very happy with our service.

• singapore vps wen :smile:

@doghouch said:

@dustinc said:

@doghouch said:
    double bw - invoice # 4680632

the credit card gateway took longer than the entire deploy phase at vultr. it must be running some deeplearn AI anti-fraud protection. either that or WHMCS just sucks with deployments lol

Hi @doghouch -- Thank You for placing another order with RackNerd! We've gone ahead and doubled your bandwidth for your latest order 👊

Even when we do upgrade though, when we introduce the Chef (our flash sales in the past), WHMCS struggles to keep up regardless of how much resources you throw at it. WHMCS by design as a PHP and MySQL application simply isn't meant to handle a large amount of simultaneous inbound orders (we're talking at least a few dozen inbound orders happening in the same exact minute when we introduce the Chef), especially when a provider of our size is utilizing the platform for bulk provisioning.

I completely forgot about traffic load - WHMCS sure is one clunky pile of trash.

We've learned WHMCS' flaws over years of experience and do our best to work around them, including the implementation of custom provisioning scripts, hooks and more. So while it is not perfect, it gets the job done and at least we're able to keep it online and usable - we just ask for you guys to bear with us on any slight delays you may or may not face when navigating our site throughout this busy season, as a result of the large number of incoming order activity. :)

Totally fair! I'm a fan of having something as an intermediary (i.e. NameCheap has a "processing payment..." and other loading statuses). Makes the user happier because you don't risk having them time out -- it's a bummer that the closed-source nature of WHMCS makes said changes very difficult.

It doesn't surprise that so many providers on LET have gone fully custom. Having to contend with "simply isn't meant to handle a large amount of simultaneous inbound orders" is a bullsh*t for such a popular billing platform.

[I'm sure providers would die to have most of WHMCS' order processing moved to an async + parallelized queue lol]

Edit: #RACKNERD-STICKERS-FOR-DENELLUM (save their bare laptop cover!).

Hi @doghouch -- appreciate the understanding :)

We do have custom hooks in place to help with improving the order processing flow to better handle simultaneous incoming orders, though as you mentioned, it can only help so much due to the closed source nature of WHMCS. Some of our team members here joke internally that with the amount of customizations we have made to simply 'work around' some of WHMCS' workflows and flaws to better handle our use case, we may as well build out our own custom billing system from the ground up one day :) It's definitely an idea worth exploring at some point, hehe.

Thanked by 1doghouch

@lpwife said:
    Hi, I’d like to double the bandwidth.
    Order: #4677398
    Tks

Hi @lpwife -- We've gone ahead and doubled your bandwidth.

Thank You for doing business with RackNerd :)

@lpwife said:
    Add Order Number: 9593671426

Thank You @lpwife -- this was taken care of for you :)

@haynhat said:
    Wow, RackNerd BF started!

Stoked to see you here @haynhat -- let's goooo 🥳!

@Xrmaddness said:

@haynhat said:
    Wow, RackNerd BF started!

Oh, it started alright!

NO-PARTY-LIKE-A-RACKNERD-PARTY!

Hahaha, I love that hashtag :)

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • denellumdenellum Member, Host Rep

@Xrmaddness said:

@dustinc said:

Woohoo! Congratulations, @denellum!

Enjoy your stickers

I LOVE YOU <3

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness

@denellum said:

@dustinc said: I'm digging it! We need more tunes, keep them coming.

Another banger! Ill post another here in a bit <3

Nice one @denellum -- half way through it so far! Thank You for sharing :)

@opendoor said:
    why not deploy a hk/jp location?

Hi @opendoor -- Both of these locations are good options, and ones we can consider! But what we've been focused on is current locations, and maintaining inventory where we currently deploy. It's been challenging, as we see tons of demand and we're working extra hard to keep up, so we find ourselves selling out locations and working over time replenishing -- it's a good fight to be fighting :) We'll continue our expansion efforts though, that's for sure.

@Astro said:
    @dustinc it keeps saying swipe to open mysterybox but is showing me the regular price only. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. Where do I find the mystery box?

Hi @Astro -- our Black Friday landing page does indeed have a mystery box theme and feel to it - though to reveal your actual mystery box, at the last step of the checkout process, after you click on the "Complete Order" button, you will be directed to unlock your mystery box. From there, click on the box, and you will instantly reveal how much credit you've won.

Here's a video demonstration:

• denellumdenellum Member, Host Rep

Another techno ish song

• @dustinc said:

@colla said:
    Will there be flash sales on Black Friday?

Hi @colla -- at this time, we do not have any planned. Though, we're currently evaluating if there is demand to bring the chef back (same chef as last year).

Looking forword to it!

@user_2million said:
    Sweet, Black Friday came early. My RackNerd VPS has been rock solid, going to pick up a deal on a second one.

Hi @user_2million -- Welcome to the party! Also, we sincerely appreciate you sharing your experience with RackNerd -- we're happy to hear you've found our service to be rock solid :)

@Astro said:

@Xrmaddness said: Everyone gets a single mystery box on your first Black Friday purchase

Hi @Astro -- that is correct, right after clicking on the "Complete Order" button :)

• LET'S GO!! RACKNERD'S BLACK FRIDAY DEALS ARE LIVE. GO HERE https://www.racknerd.com/BlackFriday/

@shelfchair said:
    singapore vps wen :smile:

@shelfchair -- definitely looking like something worth further looking into :) We will keep this in mind for when we look to expand our KVM VPS product line to additional datacenter locations, outside of the ones we already have.

Thank You for joining our Black Friday thread.

• Was really hoping for some ryzen kvm this time around

• @Astro said:
    Was really hoping for some ryzen kvm this time around

Ryzen at this price would be unbeatable...

• Hello, I would like to double the bandwidth.
    Invoice 4684013
    Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.