Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How did you guys know the LET?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Are there any interesting or unforgettable story?

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

From my colleague's cousin's neighbor's handyman's mistress' pizza delivery guy.

• I was searching for nudes

Thanked by 3ehab windyman Hotmarer
  • @jmaxwell said:
    I was searching for nudes

and did you found them?

Thanked by 1ehab
  • @let_rocks said:

@jmaxwell said:
    I was searching for nudes

and did you found them?

Yes, @Nekki ‘s butthole pics

Thanked by 1ehab
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@ujiio said:
    Are there any interesting or unforgettable story?

A client told me about a website called LowEndBox in 2008 that was a marketplace for openvz vps. At the time I hardly knew what openvz even was (really only being familiar with VMware at the time).

• I was searching for seedbox, than I found hostsolution. It leads me into lowend market... Ha, @cociu How are you?

• Come across a LET post while trying to figure out a VPS issue.

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

Searched Google for "Online Drama", first result!

Thanked by 1suyadi92
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:
    Searched Google for "Online Drama", first result!

Haha, if only!

Thanked by 1Ian_Dot_Tech
  • I was attracted to LET like how i'm attracted to McCormicks Whisky. Its cheap and eazy, and everyone loves a good toss.

• I remember it

I wanted cheap VPS
    I was developing ASP.NET app with friends, but we coudnt deploy that on shared hosting as we only had options for PHP, Node, Django etc.

I googled "VPS for $1 -> Clicked Lowendbox Result -> Got Racknerd VPS
    For the first time ever I was happy with cheap VPS (I used cheap VPSes years ago from Virmach etc, but all of them were complete shit and I just sticked to shared hosting because of that).

Racknerd encouraged me to try managing servers again -> I clicked "LowEndTalk from header on LowEndBox
    I wanted to get new offers in different budgets, refresh my knowledge. Funny thing - back then I knew FreeBSD more than any Linux, because of Metin2 server hosting which was always done on FreeBSD circa 2012.

• How did you guys know the LET?

After feeling scared by The Thing, I found the LET

Thanked by 1ehab
  • Google is to blame - I was just looking for hosting.

Thanked by 1FatGrizzly
  • my mother cursed me that day.

Thanked by 1suyadi92
  • ehabehab Member
    edited October 2022

@angstrom said:

After feeling scared by The Thing, I found the LET

i assume year 1982! yes.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • Had been paying attention to LEB for a while because of cheap deals (from I believe AlphaRacks?), at some point I clicked through to LET and started reading things there.

After a year or two of passively reading I eventually signed up so I could answer someone's question since I knew the answer and nobody had replied yet.

These days I visit LET most days and respond where I have knowledge to share, but I do not visit LEB anymore.

Thanked by 2devp fluffernutter
  • I found LET through LEB! I purchased a lot of VPS's back then. I had issue's because all the VPS companies on LEB at the time, their companies kept disappearing or VPS's have stopped working. So I wanted somewhere to complain and came across LET.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2022

I'm not sure how I ended up finding LET back then, but I am very happy I did. Got to know some awesome people here. It would appear that this was my first comment.

....and my first thread (December 2015):

Kinda surprised my first VPS from here was from Backupsy. I always thought my first VPS here was from Ricky ABC Hosters.

Thanked by 1devp
  • emgemg Veteran

I wanted a VPS of my own and to learn more about them. I joined LowEndTalk about a decade ago. I thought I would find a nurturing, sharing, helpful, friendly community centered around VPSs.

• Google Discover,

• I don't even know how I ended up here.

• @serv_ee said:
    I don't even know how I ended up here.

this is what is expected for someone that is lost in a machine.

Thanked by 1serv_ee
  • Some random youtube video on recommendation (probably because I search "cheap sg vps" before on google) I believe it has account on here, but I dont remember the username :D

• searched for cheap vps and got directed here.

not sure about now, maybe directed elsewhere.

• i came here from the desire of getting free vps

Thanked by 3emg ralf FatGrizzly
  • SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@Erisa said:
    Had been paying attention to LEB for a while because of cheap deals (from I believe AlphaRacks?), at some point I clicked through to LET and started reading things there.

After a year or two of passively reading I eventually signed up so I could answer someone's question since I knew the answer and nobody had replied yet.

These days I visit LET most days and respond where I have knowledge to share, but I do not visit LEB anymore.

From LEB and exactly the way as described above.

Thanked by 1devp
  • luissousaluissousa Member
    edited October 2022

From LEB as well! It's been quite a jorney

Thanked by 1devp
  • It was a court mandated decision made by my local overlords. I received double the sentence in return.
    I live in a dorito bag now.

• I found LEB when I was looking for hosting but instead found a gallery of scams, which lead me to LET where I found decent offers amongst the scams.

Thanked by 2emg devp
  • @emg said:
    I wanted a VPS of my own and to learn more about them. I joined LowEndTalk about a decade ago. I thought I would find a nurturing, sharing, helpful, friendly community centered around VPSs.

Have you met The Internet?!?

Thanked by 1devp