Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are you looking for in the upcoming Black Friday 2022? - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What are you looking for in the upcoming Black Friday 2022?

Comments

• @agroup said:
    any dirt cheap thing will be appreciated :D

I've heard your mom is available

Thanked by 3TimboJones redart ehab
  • emghemgh Member
    edited October 2022

@add_iT said:
    i hope next BF & CM deal or megathread clean from virmach and virmachnism thing, and prohibited hypocritical ppl that telling badmouthing and pretend to avoid LET forum on OGF to enter megathread

Everyone wants to belong. They want to feel special and unique just like any other human.

Therefore, they basically just circlejerk each other about how great the community is.

I have no urgue to feel an online belonging because I’m a weird fuck.

But they do, and if they do so by gathering against LET as brothers in arms, let them have the moment.

Thanked by 1add_iT
  • @that_guy said:

@agroup said:

You did him dirty, not cool.

Apparently the mom too.

• KVM VPS as cheap as last year.
    We all know the discount won’t be as enticing as before. So hopefully some similar deals.

• @commercial said:

@ralf said:

@andylee said:
    What time it start in October .10th

Nothing starts on October 10th.

https://hello.cloudcone.com/2022-pre-black-friday-vps-sale/

Pre-BF 1
    Lifetime Recurring Offer
    $16.79 /Year
    2 vCPU Cores
    1 GB Dedicated RAM
    30 GB RAID-10 Drive
    SSD Cached Storage
    3 TB/Mo Bandwidth at 1 Gb/s
    1x IPv4 address
    3x IPv6 addresses
    Instantly Deployed
    Los Angeles, US
    Virtualization: KVM
    Category: VPS

thank you
    I have a last year‘s cloudcone
    2c 1G,8.79 USD/YEAR

Thanked by 1commercial
  • @that_guy said:

@agroup said:

Not every one is brought up like you in this world :P so take a chill

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • small KVM on SGP and JP. 512MB/1GB. 100mbps port will do. 👍

• @FAT32 - maybe you could organise Black Friday 2022 with a theme like "Make love, not war. Such thing might add a positive note to this year's global context. On that note: thematic gifs with kisses and friendships to last for a lifetime (pun intended).

Thanked by 3FAT32 fazar FrankZ
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited October 2022

Something like GreenCloudVPS' 9999 EPYC. I missed out on the EPYC version during their birthday sale... it sold out so quickly :disappointed:

• 5 AMD EPYC fair-share cores (they also had a version with 9 E5 cores) - Geekbench 5 ~5556 multi-core, ~1158 single core.
    • 9 GB RAM
    • 99 GB NVMe RAID-10
    • 9TB monthly transfer
    • $99 every 3 years
  • I just found some sort of Amazon Prime sale yesterday and lots of deals on storage. Maxed out a CC or two. Spent thousands so I won't likely spend dollars on VPS'. Can't justify buying more VPS with so much available storage and compute power at home.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@TimboJones said:
    I just found some sort of Amazon Prime sale yesterday and lots of deals on storage. Maxed out a CC or two. Spent thousands so I won't likely spend dollars on VPS'. Can't justify buying more VPS with so much available storage and compute power at home.

Having storage and compute power locally does not displace VPS and dedicated servers.
    An important property of hosting services is its network location.

I lease VPS around the world to reach my viewers with low latency.
    Currently, I have a VPS within 30 ms RTT from most of North America and Europe, and within 150 ms from most of other regions.
    I would not be able to do so from one residential or office location.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2022

DDoS protected 10Gbit Unmetered NVME AMD Epyc VPS at 5€ but with NO Drama?

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
  • unsustainable, must-buy offers that will drain my wallet

• Looking for some real deadpool offers which no provider will normally post in their right mind.

• coupons for domain renewal.
    got handful of domains expiring. -_-

• @unfortunately said:
    coupons for domain renewal.
    got handful of domains expiring. -_-

I think you can just transfer them to Porkbun. They're likely the cheapest. If you're already with them, I doubt there is no cheaper registrar to transfer to or renew even with a coupon.

• emgemg Veteran
    edited October 2022

Hijacking the Thread - Feel Free to Ignore and Move to the Next Post

Black Friday has become a global phenomenon, even though it is centered around the Thanksgiving holiday in the US. The few countries that celebrate the same holiday can trace it back to US cultural ties in one form or another. Some countries have a similar holiday, but not tied to the same day as the US. (In Canada, Thanksgiving is celebrated in October.)

I do not like Black Friday, nor the commercial/cultural hype that surrounds it. Some large store chains started "jumping the gun", leapfrogging each other to start their sales earlier and earlier on Thanksgiving itself. They force their employees to be at work rather than sharing the holiday with family and friends. Other stores open at midnight, or at 4:00 AM, or whatever.

The "limited quantity" sales encourage aggressive bad behavior by customers and almost glorify it. The results have been mayhem around the stores, putting employees at risk and necessitating police response. (True, more police officers lost their family holiday as a result, too.)

I am not Scrooge. I see the fun in getting together with friends and going out to shop the sales, but there is no understanding of the impact it has on the employees who cannot say "no" to their big store employers. The stores treat their employees like chattel.

There has been some recent pushback, but the cultural shift in values is still there.

A Shining Ray of Enlightenment:
    I have been a member of the REI coop for over 50 years. I am so very proud of them for announcing that they are closed every Black Friday. Every employee has the day off, including those who work online sales, customer support by phone, etc. This year, REI announced that it is an permanent official policy to be closed on Black Friday every year. I say good for them.

Thanked by 2iamATOM that_guy
  • @emg Traditionally in the UK, we had the same problem with Boxing Day sales (the day after Christmas), when traditionally retailers would sell off all the junk they couldn't shift for Christmas at cost price or lower.

The idea of Thanksgiving sales seems a bit weird to me because it just shifts the big sale to before when peak demand is (assuming Christmas gifts are also important in the US), so the tactic has to be high-volume, low margin.

That said, it became popular in the UK about 5 years ago after a few years of Amazon doing sales here too, and for a while all the big shops and supermarkets joined in with some amazing deals. In the last couple of years though, the deals are just OK and about in line with the normal line clearance deals, so it's not really worth even checking what's for sale.

Thanked by 1emg
  • jtkjtk Member

@emg said:
    The "limited quantity" sales [...]

The LET mega-thread sales do this. They are great at driving LET traffic I suppose, but I find them to be largely a complete waste of my time. Most stuff I've gotten the last few years hasn't even been exclusive to LET and were from providers that don't deal in quantities of 5, 10, or 20 at a time.

Thanked by 2emg yoursunny
  • emgemg Veteran

@ralf said: Traditionally in the UK, we had the same problem with Boxing Day sales (the day after Christmas), when traditionally retailers would sell off all the junk they couldn't shift for Christmas at cost price or lower.

Black Friday used to be the de facto start of the holiday shopping season. It was a way for merchants to raise enthusiasm and encourage spending. In recent years stores and merchants have tried to push it into October and even earlier. My partner and I noticed Christmas decorations and merchandise in some stores in early September this year. The Christmas-styled themes and decorations are already on full display in many stores as of this writing (early October 2022).

Even though we live in the US, we still call the day after Christmas "Boxing Day" in our family, which came from the time we lived in Canada.

The day after Christmas is a huge selling day for stores and merchants here in the US. They pretend to have widespread discounts and sales, but the truth is that they keep prices up while everyone goes out to use the gift cards they received as holiday gifts. The significant discounts come a week after "Boxing Day", just after New Years Day.

• @emg said:
    Hijacking the Thread - Feel Free to Ignore and Move to the Next Post

Black Friday has become a global phenomenon, even though it is centered around the Thanksgiving holiday in the US. The few countries that celebrate the same holiday can trace it back to US cultural ties in one form or another. Some countries have a similar holiday, but not tied to the same day as the US. (In Canada, Thanksgiving is celebrated in October.)

I do not like Black Friday, nor the commercial/cultural hype that surrounds it. Some large store chains started "jumping the gun", leapfrogging each other to start their sales earlier and earlier on Thanksgiving itself. They force their employees to be at work rather than sharing the holiday with family and friends. Other stores open at midnight, or at 4:00 AM, or whatever.

The "limited quantity" sales encourage aggressive bad behavior by customers and almost glorify it. The results have been mayhem around the stores, putting employees at risk and necessitating police response. (True, more police officers lost their family holiday as a result, too.)

I am not Scrooge. I see the fun in getting together with friends and going out to shop the sales, but there is no understanding of the impact it has on the employees who cannot say "no" to their big store employers. The stores treat their employees like chattel.

There has been some recent pushback, but the cultural shift in values is still there.

A Shining Ray of Enlightenment:
    I have been a member of the REI coop for over 50 years. I am so very proud of them for announcing that they are closed every Black Friday. Every employee has the day off, including those who work online sales, customer support by phone, etc. This year, REI announced that it is an permanent official policy to be closed on Black Friday every year. I say good for them.

Same. People fighting to death over a TV reminds me every once in a while that there's no more hope for humanity. Grabbing a deal after trampling 100s of people almost to death is not an achievement - unfortunately most don't get it..

Thanked by 3emg ralf that_guy
  • A cheap VPS for a gaming website :smile: (Currently using Oracle Free Tier).
    And a Cheap dedicated server for a gaming server.

Thanked by 1danielyi
  • afnafn Member
    edited October 2022

Always and forever looking for cheap storage
    And I hope I will
    cheap powerful dedicated server with cpu like 9900K or better in Europe (tough one with Energy prices crisis :( ) .

(close to Hetzner's pricing)

• Cheap Windows VPS ideally in the UK. Only to have Chrome open 24/7! My current NexusBytes VPS sits at 100% CPU and unable to do anything lol.

Thanked by 1TODO
  • Email hosting around 5-10usd/yr!

• @HostSlick said:

How about 4 euros, but WITH DRAMA?

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • TanXSTanXS Member
    edited November 2022

@andylee said:
    I saw someone say that Beijing time (utc+8) starts at 2:00 in the morning, but I stayed up late, but I can't see the event at 2:00, please give a specific time, thank you boss
    What time it start in October .10th

Watch out, ran!

• @iamATOM said: People fighting to death over a TV reminds me every once in a while that there's no more hope for humanity.

This is why I ordered a TV online instead of buying it in store a few years ago. Stores are crazy on Black Friday.
    (also it was too big to fit in my car)

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

@JoeMerit said:

@HostSlick said:

How about 4 euros, but WITH DRAMA?

Ok deal

• I'd pay just for drama, don't need any more VPS