Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are you looking for in the upcoming Black Friday 2022?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What are you looking for in the upcoming Black Friday 2022?

FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

In case you haven't noticed, October is coming soon, this also means Black Friday is coming in less than 2 months! It is again the time of the year to get the best deals that you can.

In order to make sure everyone can get something nice, here's a thread to list down what you hope to get in this upcoming BF. It can be Hosting related or anything else that you are eyeing for. It might become true if providers are kind enough and we will try our best to ask for deals. That said, please try to be realistic too :wink:

In the meantime, feel free to invite providers outside of LET to join us! We will expedite the Host Rep tag request such that they are in time for the event :smiley: Do note that providers holding either Patron Provider or Host Rep tag can post offers in our megathread.

Deals submission for our 2022 LET Black Friday megathread will begin by early November, feel free to contact us if you have any doubt or joining us for the first time. You can also enjoy the megathread from last year here: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/175211/2021-black-friday-cyber-monday-official-megathread-flash-deals/p1

Personally, I am hoping for a good deal in Synology NAS, hope the x23 series will be released by then. Some sweet Asia deal at $1/GB/m RAM will be fantastic too.

Comments

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Woot woot, Black Friday 2022 here we come!

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • Cheap storage deals in Asia

Thanked by 3FAT32 cobrah sh97
  • Cheap cloud storage, maybe a cheap seedbox for plex, and some cheap directadmin reseller with litespeed, maybe even cpanel

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited September 2022

I am hoping for cheap dedicated server deal at $1/GB/m RAM with 4 core minimum , any location is fine

Also hoping there is cheap London or any uk vps deal to fit my collection as i don't have any uk vps now, something like 4GB for $20/y, 8GB for $40/y, or 16GB for $80/y
    (will pay 1.5x price max if they are reputable provider)

Also i will consider buying deal if they cheaper than my hosthatch BF / CM 2020 deal, any location but prefer to paid anually
    Eg hosthatch price deal on BF / CM 2020
    2GB plan $15/y
    8GB plan $30/y
    16GB plan $60/y

Thanked by 2FAT32 lovelyserver
  • Who wait for BF when greencloudvps birthday is coming

• DA/cPanel Reseller
    High Spec VPS with free DA

• Asia location will be better
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@jmaxwell said:
    Cheap storage deals in Asia

Sometimes I am thinking of getting cheap storage in US/EU, then using an Asia VPS as a cache layer :joy: Are you using it as a media server?

Thanked by 1einverne
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@sonic said:
    Who wait for BF when greencloudvps birthday is coming

Every day is someone's birthday.

GCVPS will have theirs soon, that's good.

Not long after, BF will also be a birthday-like party, but with way more providers and more deals, including GCVPS (maybe) :smiley:

Thanked by 2FAT32 NDTN
  • provider that would honor the price for a full year

Thanked by 3FAT32 ralf suyadi92

@add_iT said:
    I am hoping for cheap dedicated server deal at $1/GB/m RAM with 4 core minimum , any location is fine

Also hoping there is cheap London or any uk vps deal to fit my collection as i don't have any uk vps now, something like 4GB for $20/y, 8GB for $40/y, or 16GB for $80/y

Also i will consider buying deal if they cheaper than my hosthatch BF / CM 2020 deal, any location but prefer to paid anually
    2GB plan $15/y
    8GB plan $30/y
    16GB plan $60/y

That dedicated server might be possible once you hit at least 32GB, anything less than that might be tough due to the electricity and bandwidth cost.

I am hoping @Clouvider will bring back some sweet UK VPS like the royal one last time :wink:

Hosthatch plan is cheap, those deals are hard to find now given the rise in IP cost, but one can always hope :smiley: (Will be even better if they are in Asia too)

Thanked by 1Ganonk

@hostkar said:
    DA/cPanel Reseller
    High Spec VPS with free DA

• Asia location will be better

I don't remember any providers that provide free DirectAdmin in Asia except NexusBytes but they are running in auto-pilot now, probably @DA_Mark can partner with some Asia providers next? :smiley:

Thanked by 1hostkar
  • Cheap Dedicated Servers with rreally fucking good ddos protection.

• Cheap storage and DA reseller in Asia

Thanked by 1FAT32

@Ght said:
    Cheap Dedicated Servers with rreally fucking good ddos protection.

@ChrisMiller please bring us some DDOS protection server :smiley:

Thanked by 1Ght
  • Good storage options at cheaper prices

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • 2vcpu Ryzen/EPYC
    3/4GB ram
    50-80GB SSD
    2-10Gbps bandwidth
    10TB+ traffic
    Netherlands/UK/France
    $30-$50 year

I look forward to combine smaller VPSes (1c,1gb) into bigger ones, it became too much hassle to manage all of that 😅

Thanked by 3FAT32 TODO BBTN
  • add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited September 2022

@FAT32 said:

@add_iT said:

2GB plan $15/y
    8GB plan $30/y
    16GB plan $60/y

That dedicated server might be possible once you hit at least 32GB, anything less than that might be tough due to the electricity and bandwidth cost.

What make me think about this are sometimes i saw from oneprovider flash deal, they often to offer 8core atom c2750 with 16gb ram include 256gb ssd for $14 without setup fee

I am hoping @Clouvider will bring back some sweet UK VPS like the royal one last time :wink:

Yeah london deal are very rarely to see now
    Long ago first time i am on let there is many london everywhere, it seems london will quit low end market in few years

Hosthatch plan is cheap, those deals are hard to find now given the rise in IP cost, but one can always hope :smiley: (Will be even better if they are in Asia too)

Yes i have satisfied with my 8gb hongkong vps with them at only $30/y, it is hard to find such a deal right now , pretty decent too

Thanked by 2FAT32 Clouvider
  • Cheap storage VPS 1 TB for $24 / year

And

4 cores EPYC, 8 GB RAM, 80GB NVMe SSD, free DirectAdmin for $60 /year

Thanked by 3FAT32 nyamenk TODO
  • ralfralf Member
    edited September 2022

I'm hoping for more reasonable deals that have enough quantity so that people have a realistic chance of getting one.

I'm hoping for fewer "here's an entire dedi for $1" type things that will end up with some MJJ with twenty bots on the case and scalped for $200.

Oh, and I hope Nekki will come back and help you out again, even though I know he's happy in his new home.

• Super cheap VPS, about 1GB ram 15/20 GB SSD KVM in EU (the best would be to find it in Italy)

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • Like Hong Kong/Taiwan/Japan/Korea, in a word, there are expectations around mainland China

• OhJohnOhJohn Member
    edited September 2022

Candles to light up in an Epyc blackout (while thinking back of the good times when all servers had power...)?

• Looking for colocation deals instead of vps for once

• Unsustainable deals of course.

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • _MS__MS_ Member
    edited September 2022

LowEndDeals
    Also, @FAT32, @Nekki, and @Murv.

• UK based offers for locality, got everything I need ATM but if I can bring a couple of bits closer to home inexpensively why not? 500+Gb storage particularly.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Free VDS for me and @Otus9051 and next five users.

Thanked by 3ralf Peppery9 Otus9051
  • ehabehab Member
    edited September 2022

@yoursunny said:
    Free VDS for me and @Otus9051 and next five users.

yep.... u know i like free but i have forgotten about @FlorinMarian he is not cheap for me.

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • bakagetabakageta Member
    edited September 2022

I'm hoping for a nice budget dedi in Los Angeles, ideally something single IP 32gb with a small ssd + 2-4tb hdd, maybe something with a yearly contract to bring price down but I'm not super optimistic about finding one. I'll snag a couple of random VPSs too but I don't have anything in particular I'm looking for there, just looking to snag 2-3 1-2gb ram packages for misc upcoming projects and looking for the best value.

@james50a said:
    Looking for colocation deals instead of vps for once

I don't know that I've seen a LET colo deal before, but I'd be vaguely interested in them, curious to see if anyone does one.

• edited September 2022

KVM VPS with Zen CPU and /64 IPv6 in Seattle. I've got an OpenVZ there and I forgot how many limitations/issues OpenVZ has