Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your favorite Linux Distro? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's your favorite Linux Distro?

Comments

• @Arkas said:
    Has no one tried Fedora 36? It's not the fedora you use to know, it's evolved very much so.

Running it as my main desktop. Running Kinoite on my test desktop.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • Debian + Xfce ← Desktop
    Debian ← VPS/Server

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@Ganonk said:
    https://uwuntuos.site/

os for weebs?

• @FatGrizzly said:

@Ganonk said:
    https://uwuntuos.site/

os for weebs?

What's funny is that it has Tor AND Opera pre installed by the looks of it. So..."I want to be anonymous" "But eh, Chinese can have my data".

Lol.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited September 2022
    • FreeBSD 13 on some servers - oh wait, this is not Linux;
    • Debian 11 on other servers;
    • Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.3 on 1 laptop;
    • Linux Mint MATE 20.3 on 1 laptop;
    • Raspbian 11 on... Raspberry Pi 3B+ for managing external drives;
    • Rasbian 10 on... Raspberry Pi Zero (for Retro gaming);
    • OpenWRT 18.06 on 2 routers;
    • Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.3 on desktop;
    • Windows 10 as alternate operating system, on desktop, for playing games (I know Windows is not Linux, but greedy Microsoft nowadays uses a small part of Linux coding from partnership with Canonical).
  • ubuntudde

• Linux MINT

• Linux Mint Cinnamon on the desktop
    Debian 11 on servers

• BunsenLabs Linux Lithium is a distribution offering a light-weight and easily customizable Openbox desktop. The project is a community continuation of CrunchBang Linux.
    The current release is derived from Debian 10.

Thanked by 1iqbal
  • Ubuntu 20.04 since that's the only OS im comfortable with :joy: . I use centos too sometimes but don't like it as much. Linux Mint is good too

• macOS and Ubuntu (preferably with gnome but I also like mate, depending on the environment's computing power). I haven't touched a Windows PC in the last 3 months

• On my main pc I gave PopOS a try and I am still using it lol..
    Laptop went from Slackware 15 to Ubuntu 22.04 Mate. I like Mate DE more than others.. Working Flawless.
    Had been Windows free almost for a year. (I play WoW, Overwatch, lot of Steam Epic and GoG games on PopOS)

• EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider

AlmaLinux 8 :)

• Who is using the OS ironman using on lab 🤔

• @bdspice said:
    Who is using the OS ironman using on lab 🤔

Idk what OS that is.
    On udemy they teach you how to make a Jarvis AI in python. I think that works on all OS.

• Server - Debian
    PC: Kubuntu

• I've been using CentOS for servers since it first came out. Then I swapped to AlmaLinux.
    The large majority here seems to like Debian for servers. Why is that? Idk, because I have never used anything other then CentOS & AlmaLinux.

• Arch for personal use.
    Debian for deployments, OpenBSD for small projects.

• @nobizzle said:

@nick_ said:
    Arch Linux for desktop
    Debian for servers

+1

+1

• @iNanja said:
    I've been using CentOS for servers since it first came out.

Same here. And before CentOS came out, I was using Red Hat. That would be more than 20 years ago. It's what I learned on, and I've stuck with it. It helps that it's a common OS for enterprises.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • 1) debian
    2) debian
    3) debian

• @miu said:
    1) debian
    2) debian
    3) debian

💯

• Fedora Silverblue (with TauOS Addon Repository) with GNOME 43

• Debian is my love.

• @iNanja said:
    I've been using CentOS for servers since it first came out. Then I swapped to AlmaLinux.
    The large majority here seems to like Debian for servers. Why is that? Idk, because I have never used anything other then CentOS & AlmaLinux.

It's stable and it barely breaks anything after a a major OS upgrade. Like I upgraded from a Directadmin system on a Debian 10 to Debian 11. Upgrade didn't break Directadmin and everything went smoothly as intended. If it was another OS, It is most likely that I would have to reinstall Directadmin. This is just an example as I had other systems with other software running without having to reinstall them after an OS upgrade that would otherwise needed to be reinstalled after a reformat if it was another OS.

• @Arkas said:

Did they ever recover from the spyware allegations?

Easy Fix to the problem

Deepin prepares to leave Debian base and move to fully independent distro

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/deepin-prepares-to-leave-debian-base-and-move-to-fully-independent-distro/ar-AA115P3E

• I feel in love with ZorinOS look&feel. Use it for (dev) work. Good stuff!

• Debian so I don't have to learn different way to handle same things...

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Here is a video I really like about fedora for those who haven't tried it.