Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dual E5s and Dual HDDs in Toronto, for only $39.50! Limited Time Offer from Serverhub! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dual E5s and Dual HDDs in Toronto, for only $39.50! Limited Time Offer from Serverhub!

Comments

• @abeerm said:

@fynix said:
    Can the disks be swapped with SSDs?

Yes @fynix, we offer disk upgrades! please contact the sales and ask about the upgrade and they will give you all the details :)

Your support told me I can't upgrade the disk

“Sorry, we do not have any disk upgrade options available on this promo server now.”

Thanked by 1fynix
  • abeermabeerm Member, Patron Provider

@MoeMelon said:

@abeerm said:

@fynix said:
    Can the disks be swapped with SSDs?

Yes @fynix, we offer disk upgrades! please contact the sales and ask about the upgrade and they will give you all the details :)

Your support told me I can't upgrade the disk

“Sorry, we do not have any disk upgrade options available on this promo server now.”

@MoeMelon there are upgrades for sure, but with extra fees, the sales will contact you in a few minutes with all the details.

What they meant was that there are no free disk upgrades, but there are upgrades with fees :smiley:

@abeerm said:
    Hello, LET Community!

We know we haven't offered any deals as of late, so Serverhub is back with a great offer, especially for LET!

> * Upgradable: RAM, Disk, Bandwidth, and IPs

Please note that Upgrades are available as we mentioned earlier, but with extra fees!

For any upgrades, please contact the sales and they will provide you with all the details!

@malhuda said:

Yes, @malhuda , you are from the first 10 orders from LET, please contact the billing to apply for the free credit!

For the server setup, the support is working on it and they will get back to you in a few!

Okay, thank you very much, good luck always for you and the serverhub team

Thank you Sir! and we are glad to have you as a customer :smile:

• Can you yabs a server please?

• Could I downgrade the IP amount (I only need one) for a cheaper price? Open to DM if something like that is possible, been looking for a box in Toronto for a while now and this seems to be a passable deal.

Thanked by 1abeerm

@LiliLabs said:
    Could I downgrade the IP amount (I only need one) for a cheaper price? Open to DM if something like that is possible, been looking for a box in Toronto for a while now and this seems to be a passable deal.

Sorry @LiliLabs, we can't offer that as the current offer comes with the 27 IPs.

@malhuda said:

Yes, @malhuda , you are from the first 10 orders from LET, please contact the billing to apply for the free credit!

For the server setup, the support is working on it and they will get back to you in a few!

Okay, thank you very much, good luck always for you and the serverhub team

@malhuda, your server is ready now!
    Please feel free to contact the support anytime if you need anything else!

• Tried to order but i got marked as fraud instantly.
    Ticket #230938

@henix said:
    Tried to order but i got marked as fraud instantly.
    Ticket #230938

Let me check with the support and get back to you @henix

@henix said:
    Ticket #230938

Marking an order as fraud is an automated process from our systems!

The support team just informed me they asked you for verification proof, kindly provide that and they will approve your order once you do! :smile:

• @abeerm said:

@henix said:
    Ticket #230938

The support team just informed me they asked you for verification proof, kindly provide that and they will approve your order once you do! :smile:

This is a stupid idea, it this wasn't such a great deal i wouldn't have bothered with this.
    Tell your guy i sent him the pics

• @abeerm
    How much time will it take to provision the server?

@henix said:

@abeerm said:

@henix said:
    Ticket #230938

This is a stupid idea, it this wasn't such a great deal i wouldn't have bothered with this.
    Tell your guy i sent him the pics

The automated process is not from our side, the system can do that according to factors such as the IP address or the email....etc. I think there's a misunderstanding here.

@MohamadSY said:
    @abeerm
    How much time will it take to provision the server?

I see your ticket #230899 will ask the support to update you with the estimated time on the ticket! They will get back to you in a few!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2022

Hey @abeerm I posted a comment that I thought was quite respectful but it was removed by @jbiloh. I'd like to rephrase:

As someone who I propose to have been recently one of the top spam networks on the internet (meaning most of your network was taken over and used by career spammers while abuse complaints were ignored, and spam from your network accounted for more than 50% of all spam we saw), can you tell me and the rest of LET a bit more about what you've done to try to regain a positive reputation?

I'd also like to note that if you want to censor and keep people silent, as I'm guessing you asked @jbiloh to do by removing my comment, I'll be pulling all of the old data and making a nice blog post about it and you can just sue me. If you want minimal impact, answering my question here makes more sense than trying to see how far you can push me. I'm obnoxious and I sleep less than you do, I can promise that. Understandably, I'm a bit perturbed by having been censored to protect your name.

• SLMobSLMob Member
    edited September 2022

@jar said:
    Hey @abeerm I posted a comment that I thought was quite respectful but it was removed by @jbiloh. I'd like to rephrase:

As someone who I propose to have been recently one of the top spam networks on the internet (meaning most of your network was taken over and used by career spammers while abuse complaints were ignored, and spam from your network accounted for more than 50% of all spam we saw), can you tell me and the rest of LET a bit more about what you've done to try to regain a positive reputation?

I'd also like to note that if you want to censor and keep people silent, as I'm guessing you asked @jbiloh to do by removing my comment, I'll be pulling all of the old data and making a nice blog post about it and you can just sue me. If you want minimal impact, answering my question here makes more sense than trying to see how far you can push me. I'm obnoxious and I sleep less than you do, I can promise that. Understandably, I'm a bit perturbed by having been censored to protect your name.

I had read your comment before it was removed and can agree it was respectful imo.
    Can you tell us more about this?

Thanked by 1jar
    edited September 2022

@SLMob said:

@jar said:

I had read your comment before it was removed and can agree it was respectful imo.
    Can you tell us more about this?

I still have the data lying around I'm quite certain, but there was a point there where easily more than 50% (conservative estimate) of attempted spam came from Eonix. If I wasn't being conservative I'd probably have to increase that to upwards of 75%. At least, for my customers.

Today, in response to seeing this thread, I searched my logs for several IP ranges owned by Eonix which still had questionable reverse DNS trends, and I couldn't find any confirmed spam. That's an immediate improvement, so combined with them now speaking in public to represent their brand, I thought this might be a great opportunity for them to share a success story of how they overcame what was definitely a huge error in judgement to generate funds. I didn't think for a moment that I might be censored for giving them the floor to share.

Really good chance to gain favor here @abeerm. Also a good time to be the reason for the next big outrage on the forum. The way I see it, you have a choice of which one you'd prefer. I told @jbiloh he's free to ban me if protecting career spammers is of higher value, and I stand by that. The community deserves an explanation of how you're working to deal with the reason that they all needed more memory for mail servers for at least 2 years. The only good reason not to share is that you've done nothing and fully intend to rise to that reputation again. Because anything else is going to be well received.

I'm offering an olive branch and my counter offer is to use confirmed facts and multiple story tellers to spread a truthful message about how you've been doing business. Given the censorship, I gather that's not beyond your scope of interest. The second option wasn't within my scope of interest until my comment was removed, now it's just an honest explanation of how I'm feeling. Take the olive branch.

Thanked by 1SLMob
  • @Jar my brother from another mother, you need to sleep more and be less obnoxious <3

Thanked by 1jar
  • JohnSHJohnSH Member, Patron Provider

Hi @Jar,

ServerHub operates a network with 500,000+ IP addresses and so incidents of spam do occur from time to time due to bad apples or compromised servers.

Over the years, and especially in the past couple years, we've developed tools to manage and eliminate (to the greatest degree possible) cases of spam occurring on our network, and I sincerely appreciate your passion in keeping providers accountable, as internet security is a community effort in keeping the internet safe.

I am also pleased to hear your positive comments about seeing improvements on our network. You will notice some additional security measures as we launch our upcoming new platforms in the upcoming months, as a team we realized that as we continue to broaden our IaaS footprint and move towards being more API centric with our platform.
    We need to always ensure we alleviate issues that have plagued major cloud players such as Digital Ocean, which I am sure you are familiar with, since I do believe you previously worked for Digital Ocean and have surely seen some of the unfortunate issues that bad actors were creating.

We've also instituted more broad (or blunt) tools by blocking port 25 by default on our dedicated server lineup and upcoming cloud platform. I am glad to know that you have seen the results of our work and that cases of UCE coming from our network have dropped.

We are going to keep up our efforts improving. ServerHub has been in business since 2002, employs dozens of people, and I am personally proud of the company we've built together.

This thread represents our first effort of marketing to the LowEndTalk community and I’d say we’ve brought a very compelling offer to the table for the benefit of the community. I’d sure like to keep the thread on topic and allow us to continue sharing our offer.

We have not interfaced with you before but I welcome the opportunity to connect and talk shop, please send me a PM and let’s chat.

edited September 2022

@JohnSH said: ServerHub operates a network with 500,000+ IP addresses and so incidents of spam do occur from time to time due to bad apples or compromised servers.

Almost every network goes through that. However DigitalOcean and Linode, networks of infinitely superior size, could go unmonitored for years without reaching the level of spam that came from your network. It was of such size, and such drastic comparison to legitimate customers (as judged by active A records for non-spam domains pointing to your IPs), that there is certainly a more detailed story to be told over beers sometime. I do appreciate what I'm seeing, and I hope it is a sign of much better things to come.

@JohnSH said: This thread represents our first effort of marketing to the LowEndTalk community and I’d say we’ve brought a very compelling offer to the table for the benefit of the community. I’d sure like to keep the thread on topic and allow us to continue sharing our offer.

Absolutely, and to be clear I was only upset at being silenced. Given the expense that myself and many others incurred as a direct result of the state of your network in the past (I know I spent a handful of hours on it over time, and I know a few others that did as well), I do think it's fairly tame to politely ask about your efforts. After all, they shouldn't go unnoticed or unmentioned. If they were part of an active effort, and the early indicators I'm seeing are representative of the whole, you should be held in high regard for the change of direction.

So I do thank you for that, and I look forward to re-evaluating my blacklisting of the network and no longer recommending privately to people that they find a new host. Instead, if all goes well, I'll be using you as an example of someone who did rise to the occasion instead of folding.

edited September 2022

@jar said:

there is certainly a more detailed story to be told over beers sometime. I do appreciate what > I'm seeing, and I hope it is a sign of much better things to come.

I am glad we are on the same page, speaking of beers, If your ever in the Dallas Forth Worth area, I would absolutely love to meet with you as well as pick your brain on the topic.

John

Thanked by 1jar
    edited September 2022

@JohnSH said:

@jar said:

there is certainly a more detailed story to be told over beers sometime. I do appreciate what > I'm seeing, and I hope it is a sign of much better things to come.

I am glad we are on the same page, speaking of beers, If your ever in the Dallas Forth Worth area, I would absolutely love to meet with you as well as pick your brain on the topic.

John

Don't tempt me with a good time, I've actually walked right by your offices there inside the DC a couple times. Maybe we'll cross paths sometime.

• Will my order be activated? :|

@jar said:

@JohnSH said:

@jar said:

John

Don't tempt me with a good time, I've actually walked right by your offices there inside the DC a couple times. Maybe we'll cross paths sometime.

@jar

Challenge accepted. :) I will take you to the best place for steak in Dallas when you come, It's on me, just let me know. I will make it happen. :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • @henix said:
    Can you yabs a server please?

image31d3b99f35e39494.png

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@malhuda said:

@henix said:

Nice.

Hell of a value right there.

• @jbiloh said:

@malhuda said:

@henix said:

Nice.

Screen-Shot-2022-09-16-at-12.19.120ebd5d5548bd683b.png

Not Bad for Cheap Dedicated Server Promotion :D

edited September 2022

@Neko_star said:
    Will my order be activated? :|

Hello, @Neko_star I'm having the support looking into this right now, and they will reach out to you via a support ticket they will create for you in a few.

@malhuda said:

@jbiloh said:

@henix said:

Nice.

Not Bad for Cheap Dedicated Server Promotion :D

And may I add, In Toronto :smiley: