Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

β€Ί Is VirMach dead? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is VirMach dead?

13Β»

Comments

• tuctuc Member

@yoursunny said:
    Hi @VirMach are you guys dead?

No, just some of their VPS's

• aliletalilet Member

Looks like they are not dead but busy with Ryzen migrations. I am using VirMach for 4 or may be 5 years and no issues so far. Just a week ago I started facing issue regarding slowness as I keep getting CloudFlare timeout on my website which look like is due to issue with node as CPU is busy.

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited July 2022

@sots said:
    If you want quick response for tickets, choose RackNerd instead of VirMach or HostHatch. They usually ignore tickets or do not have enough time to respond your tickets.

Very true. RackNerd are awesome.

Virmach deadpooling, Nexus Bytes deadpooling, Boom deadpooling, what a year :/

@cybertech said:
    Virmach is not deadpooling. but it remains to be seen if they can pull through this massive upgrade.

Edited ;)

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Virmach is not deadpooling. but it remains to be seen if they can pull through this massive upgrade.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@dahartigan said:
    Virmach deadpooling,

I think that VirMach are transitioning from Bruce Banner to the Hulk, with the accompanying pain

Nexus Bytes deadpooling,

I would say that they're on life support at this time

Boom deadpooling,

I have little sense of Boom, but were they ever robust?

Thanked by 2dahartigan DanSummer
  • sotssots Member

@DanSummer said:

@sots said:

@cybertech said:

@sots said:
    One of my friends bought a storage vps from VirMach several months ago, and now it's still pending. I think ~$65/2year for a 1TB storage vps isn't much cheap.

could you ask one of your friends where to find cheaper or same price for that in asia with latest processor and raid10, that will deliver now? i am looking for one.

Asia? I don't care about server location as we use Cloudflare with MinIO. If you want cheaper storage vps, I think Servarica may be better than this.

Have you used Servarica storage for production?

Another friend of mine said his Servarica vps is okay, but I'm not going to buy one because VirMach hasn't either refunded us or started our vps. We wanted to host a Mastodon instance, and while my main servers' disk usage exceed 90%, the VirMach storage vps is still pending. I have to buy external S3 service to prevent my server from crashing.

• I must have some serious luck because I have yet to have enough downtime with VirMach to even bother submitting a ticket about it in the 6 years I've been there, but I keep seeing these threads. My Ryzen migration went pretty smooth, and I love the performance at no extra cost, maybe a day of downtime at most with the unfortunate network configuration issue mistake, but I can not beat the price and usual uptime.

I'm using the cheapest possible packages you can get too, not a big spender. lol

Thanked by 2FrankZ DanSummer
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@DanSummer said:

@dustinc said:

@ntlx said:

@dustinc said:

@sots said:
    If you want quick response for tickets, choose RackNerd instead of VirMach or HostHatch. They usually ignore tickets or do not have enough time to respond your tickets.

Many are with you on this, RackNerd's rapid response time and 24x7 availability is one area where we shine. We've invested in our support team :)

Glad you're enjoying our services.

Can confirm. I have been using a RackNerd special deal you hooked me up with for the last like ~2 years and it's been stable as a rock - and the two times I even had to reach out to support about something non-critical they were super helpful and got back to me pretty fast. At the price I'm paying I couldn't be happier, will definitely be renewing when it comes up in a few weeks.

Thank You so much for working with RackNerd these last few years @ntlx and for sharing your positive experience with the community.

We look forward to working with you for more years to come πŸ‘Š

don't you have "double bandwidth" to give out somewhere else? :)

IMHO This is not a zero sum game between providers and I don't think there is anything wrong with this comment by @dustinc in this thread. He has run a good brand for a few years now. Some people here are very happy with RackNerd and he can be proud of what he has done.
    It's not like he is offering refuge deals in a VirMach thread.

Keep up the good work @dustinc I like my RackNerd VM too.

P.S. VirMach is not dead, and if you want to leave now I expect you may regret it later. please PM me to transfer, and get a few $$ for, any really great BF deals you might have instead of letting them expire.

Thanked by 3skorous dustinc TimRoo
  • nepsneps Member

A few months ago my Solus account at VirMach account broke. Couldn't log in. Tried to reset password, got a new one, still couldn't log in. Going through WHCMS doesn't work either. Support was useless, ticket got auto-closed.

Of course I didn't have anything production on there, just two or three cheap VPSs for testing, nothing on autocharge, so I just shrugged and moved on. Fast forward to today, I got an invoice from them and thought to check here. I thought the provider was dead, this thread surprised me actually.

• @FrankZ said:

@DanSummer said:

@dustinc said:

@ntlx said:

@dustinc said:

@sots said:

Many are with you on this, RackNerd's rapid response time and 24x7 availability is one area where we shine. We've invested in our support team :)

Can confirm. I have been using a RackNerd special deal you hooked me up with for the last like ~2 years and it's been stable as a rock - and the two times I even had to reach out to support about something non-critical they were super helpful and got back to me pretty fast. At the price I'm paying I couldn't be happier, will definitely be renewing when it comes up in a few weeks.

Thank You so much for working with RackNerd these last few years @ntlx and for sharing your positive experience with the community.

IMHO This is not a zero sum game between providers and I don't think there is anything wrong with this comment by @dustinc in this thread. He has run a good brand for a few years now. Some people here are very happy with RackNerd and he can be proud of what he has done.

P.S. VirMach is not dead, and if you want to leave now I expect you may regret it later. please PM me to transfer, and get a few $$ for, any really great BF deals you might have instead of letting them expire.

My question to @dustinc was in jest. I have 6 VM with him and he can confirm that. They've been "setup and forget" operation and I'm really happy with them.

Thanked by 2FrankZ TimRoo
  • kendidkendid Veteran

@DanSummer said: My question to @dustinc was in jest. I have 6 VM with him and he can confirm that. They've been "setup and forget" operation and I'm really happy with them.

Up until now, I've been very happy with @virmach (I also have some from @dustinc). Both great prices and service.

Unfortunately didn't get a chance to back up my @virmach database as I didn't get the notification migration was going to occur. Hoping everything is still there

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@dahartigan said:

@sots said:

Very true. RackNerd are awesome.

Virmach deadpooling, Nexus Bytes deadpooling, Boom deadpooling, what a year :/

@cybertech said:
    Virmach is not deadpooling. but it remains to be seen if they can pull through this massive upgrade.

Edited ;)

πŸ‘ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘Š Appreciate you @dahartigan -- thanks for trusting us with your business.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@FrankZ said:

@DanSummer said:

@dustinc said:

@ntlx said:

@dustinc said:

@sots said:

Thank You @FrankZ -- we're definitely proud of our success and thankful for our valued customers who enabled us to be where we are today.

Thanked by 2sangatsetia FrankZ
  • @kendid said:

@DanSummer said: My question to @dustinc was in jest. I have 6 VM with him and he can confirm that. They've been "setup and forget" operation and I'm really happy with them.

Up until now, I've been very happy with @virmach (I also have some from @dustinc). Both great prices and service.

Unfortunately didn't get a chance to back up my @virmach database as I didn't get the notification migration was going to occur. Hoping everything is still there

8 of my servers were auto migrated. No data loss so far. Hope yours would be fine too.
    Which node are you on?

• kendidkendid Veteran

@DanSummer said: Which node are you on?

FFME003 - I'm a little more optimistic hearing of your success!

• @kendid said:

@DanSummer said: Which node are you on?

FFME003 - I'm a little more optimistic hearing of your success!

I'm apparently on same node, I forgot that there was migration taking place, missed that button. Now the control panel shows timeout.

Guess, I'll wait.

• control panel times out, cloudflare rate limits if u do a password reset, panels wont change root pw - just errors out. one of the web consoles doesn't have a paste option, horrible set of isos (no centos replacements like Rocky, etc), weeks of downtime in between "migration"....

Other than the fact that my VPS is up (can't login but it is prompting) - this is 100%, hands down, the worst VPS i've ever hard and I've had a lot of them.

It can only be worse if they close.

• Not dead yet, just involucrated.

• AstroAstro Member

Anyone got some great BF deals or other virmach deals they’d like to transfer? πŸ˜‚

• @Astro said:
    Anyone got some great BF deals or other virmach deals they’d like to transfer? πŸ˜‚

How you gonna transfer it if they don't respond to tickets?