Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is VirMach dead? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is VirMach dead?

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@adly said:
    The legal entity is currently inactive in its home state (OK) due to delays in filing the required statements, which isn’t a great sign.

@adly said:

@skorous said:

@adly said:
    The legal entity is currently inactive in its home state (OK) due to delays in filing the required statements, which isn’t a great sign.

Eh? They're a California company.

The LLC is registered in OK - see here. They’re registered in California as an out of state/foreign LLC.

@skorous said:
    Interesting

This happens every other May or June. Filing payments aren't automatic. We're registered under California as well and another entity in Delaware. It's not all set up under one roof anymore.

@jmaxwell said:

@sots said:
    If you want quick response for tickets, choose RackNerd instead of VirMach or HostHatch. They usually ignore tickets or do not have enough time to respond your tickets.

Racknerd is one of the very few providers here that sells dirt cheap servers and has an approachable support staff. Most others will treat you like crap just because you pay $8 compared to their other clients who pay $80.

$80 tickets get ignored as much as the $8 a year ones when it comes to unprecedented times where support requests are not humanly possible to process. It's luckily only temporary.

@yoursunny said:
    Hi @VirMach are you guys dead?

Not yet, unfortunately.

@ngugcx said: And what's more, they even dare to open a new invoice after one month

Would you like us to stop cronjobs or recode our own billing system that doesn't do nonsensical things such as creating another invoice for pending services?

Thanked by 2yoursunny FrankZ
  • @sots said:
    If you want quick response for tickets, choose RackNerd instead of VirMach or HostHatch. They usually ignore tickets or do not have enough time to respond your tickets.

Nope , you paid too less money for them (so do I) (doge)

• @yoursunny said:

@adly said:
    The LLC is registered in OK - see here. They’re registered in California as an out of state/foreign LLC.

The California LLC record has:

Agent Name
    SOHEIL GOLESTANIPANAH

Isn't this the name of VirBot?

so handsome so dashing wow

• vyas11vyas11 Member

@cybertech said:

@yoursunny said:

@adly said:

Agent Name
    SOHEIL GOLESTANIPANAH

Any Bench? :-)

• @vyas11 said:

@cybertech said:

@yoursunny said:

@adly said:

Agent Name
    SOHEIL GOLESTANIPANAH

Any Bench? :-)

yeah.....no.

no.

no bruh. not that way.

• @VirMach said:

@ngugcx said: And what's more, they even dare to open a new invoice after one month

Would you like us to stop cronjobs or recode our own billing system that doesn't do nonsensical things such as creating another invoice for pending services?

So we should really pay for the service that we can't even use due to instability of your forced migration?

edited July 2022

@daizellisay said:

@VirMach said:

So we should really pay for the service that we can't even use due to instability of your forced migration?

You don't have to pay the renewal. If it's not yet set up, it'll either [A] be set up and due date automatically extended, or [B] refunded. The situation OP is in is very rare, and at this time mostly (mostly, not only) affecting customers who force selected Tokyo on the checkout page, as in it was marked as sold out and they went in and made it selectable and proceeded anyway. Once again, I must stress the "mostly" here, there are definitely maybe 10 others who selected it while it was still available, and very few in other locations.

As for paying after migration, you can always choose to cancel instead. In fact for those that are unhappy and paid 6 months or later (this is mostly a payment limitation) I'll see about working in a partial refund system.

Thanked by 2ralf monsterup
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

With all this kind of posts @VirMach is probably dead inside

• ngugcxngugcx Member

@yoursunny said:

@ngugcx said:
    My VPS was not created from the beginning, the service has been pending for a whole month, then they created a new invoice.

Do you have the Cancellation button?
    Submitting a cancellation request should automatically close the invoice.

My VPS was not created from the beginning, the "Server Information" is empty.
    I tried many times to find the cancel button, where the hell is it?

• aliletalilet Member

@sots said:

@alilet said:
    Looks like VirMach has run its course and time to move.
    My production VPS is down for more than 5 hours. VNC shows it is stuck somewhere in boot. Opened priority support ticket but so far no answer.

"production"? Are you serious?

I know. Guilty as charged.

• ngugcxngugcx Member

@VirMach said:

How can I cancel it? Where the hell is the cancel button?
    Great, you have time to blabla here, and don't have time to handle the tickets.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@ngugcx said: Great, you have time to blabla here, and don't have time to handle the tickets.

They've never stopped "blabla"-ing here (or at least in their own thread) and obviously you're not the only one with an open and pending ticket.

Well at least you now know that they're not "dead" :smiley:

• sotssots Member
    edited July 2022

@VirMach said:

@adly said:

@adly said:

@skorous said:

@adly said:

Eh? They're a California company.

@skorous said:
    Interesting

This happens every other May or June. Filing payments aren't automatic. We're registered under California as well and another entity in Delaware. It's not all set up under one roof anymore.

@jmaxwell said:

@sots said:

Racknerd is one of the very few providers here that sells dirt cheap servers and has an approachable support staff. Most others will treat you like crap just because you pay $8 compared to their other clients who pay $80.

$80 tickets get ignored as much as the $8 a year ones when it comes to unprecedented times where support requests are not humanly possible to process. It's luckily only temporary.

@yoursunny said:
    Hi @VirMach are you guys dead?

Not yet, unfortunately.

Why not hiring more sysadmins to answer tickets?

@FrankRuan said:

@sots said:

Nope , you paid too less money for them (so do I) (doge)

One of my friends bought a storage vps from VirMach several months ago, and now it's still pending. I think ~$65/2year for a 1TB storage vps isn't much cheap.

• luckily I did not renew my service hahaha

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited July 2022

@sots said:
    One of my friends bought a storage vps from VirMach several months ago, and now it's still pending. I think ~$65/2year for a 1TB storage vps isn't much cheap.

could you ask one of your friends where to find cheaper or same price for that in asia with latest processor and raid10, that will deliver now? i am looking for one.

• imokimok Member

Virmaaaaach, take me with you.

Thanked by 2FrankZ bdl
  • Eat a dick Virmach.
    Not even letting me see the details page.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2022

Just get a Vultr or DO VPS for production purpose and be done with it.

I've used Vultr VPS for my clients in the past. Never had to open any support ticket, infact I don't even know how their support system is.
    Same for DO.

• @BlaZe said:
    Just get a Vultr or DO VPS for production purpose and be done with it.

Vultr starts at $5/month.
    Virmach regularly has $10-$15/year offers.
    Even with the recent downtime, one would still come out ahead by doing 3 VPS in different geos with fallover?

• HxxxHxxx Member

@BlaZe Agreed.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • TGTTGT Member

I highly doubt @VirMach will take time to answer the trolls. Most people don't have time after a long days work. Have had virmach for runescape botting for quite awhile and have not had any issues. I've used DO for over 5 years with no issues as well.

• ntlxntlx Member

@dustinc said:

@sots said:

Many are with you on this, RackNerd's rapid response time and 24x7 availability is one area where we shine. We've invested in our support team :)

Glad you're enjoying our services.

Can confirm. I have been using a RackNerd special deal you hooked me up with for the last like ~2 years and it's been stable as a rock - and the two times I even had to reach out to support about something non-critical they were super helpful and got back to me pretty fast. At the price I'm paying I couldn't be happier, will definitely be renewing when it comes up in a few weeks.

Thanked by 1TimRoo
  • @yoursunny said:

@adly said:

Agent Name
    SOHEIL GOLESTANIPANAH

Award for Most syllables in a last name for anyone I've ever known.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@ntlx said:

@dustinc said:

@sots said:

Many are with you on this, RackNerd's rapid response time and 24x7 availability is one area where we shine. We've invested in our support team :)

Can confirm. I have been using a RackNerd special deal you hooked me up with for the last like ~2 years and it's been stable as a rock - and the two times I even had to reach out to support about something non-critical they were super helpful and got back to me pretty fast. At the price I'm paying I couldn't be happier, will definitely be renewing when it comes up in a few weeks.

Thank You so much for working with RackNerd these last few years @ntlx and for sharing your positive experience with the community.

We look forward to working with you for more years to come 👊

• @dustinc said:

@ntlx said:

@dustinc said:

@sots said:

Thank You so much for working with RackNerd these last few years @ntlx and for sharing your positive experience with the community.

don't you have "double bandwidth" to give out somewhere else? :)

• sotssots Member

@cybertech said:

@sots said:

could you ask one of your friends where to find cheaper or same price for that in asia with latest processor and raid10, that will deliver now? i am looking for one.

Asia? I don't care about server location as we use Cloudflare with MinIO. If you want cheaper storage vps, I think Servarica may be better than this.

• @sots said:

@cybertech said:

@sots said:

Asia? I don't care about server location as we use Cloudflare with MinIO. If you want cheaper storage vps, I think Servarica may be better than this.

Have you used Servarica storage for production?

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@DanSummer said:

@dustinc said:

@ntlx said:

@dustinc said:

@sots said:

don't you have "double bandwidth" to give out somewhere else? :)

Can't help but to be responsive to the community, and maintain a brand that customers can rely on. As for double bandwidth - you know the drill, we show our love :)

• @dustinc said:

@sots said:

From my experience, RackNerd usually responds to my ticket within 5min.