Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

virmach: down for over 12 hours - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

virmach: down for over 12 hours

Comments

• My node is currently locked.
    Couple of hours. What it means is indicated in the information message on the site. VPS, respectively, is not available. Apparently the migration has reached me) Well, let's wait for how it ends :wink:

• AXYZEAXYZE Member

You have been Virmach'ed sir
    Virtual machines with virtual availability providing virtual uptime ®

• VayVayKaVayVayKa Member
    edited July 2022

@VayVayKa said: Well, let's wait for how it ends

Its alive.
    The IP has changed. More precisely, a second one appeared, also from ColoCrossing. The old IP is not available, although it is also present in the configuration. The CPU has not changed, as Intel was and remained.
    I don't know what it was.

• emghemgh Member

@SirFoxy said:

@deqi said:
    node FFME004 seems srsly broken

Everything's fucking broken, I'm just the first one with clout around here to open a thread about it.

My guy hahahahahahhahaha

• dtokerdtoker Member

Still down here... Dont we have Virmach representative in this forum?

• Otus9051Otus9051 Member
    edited July 2022

i smell death
    should i make a megathread for this?

• emghemgh Member

@dtoker said:
    Still down here... Dont we have Virmach representative in this forum?

No.

• emghemgh Member
    edited July 2022

@Otus9051 said:
    i smell death
    should i make a megathread for this?

Depends. First we need to evaluate your online keyboard clout compared to @SirFoxy.

• kasodkkasodk Barred

It looks like virmach is going to give you a small refund if you are affected by the migration problems.

See: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3448951/#Comment_3448951

• LeviLevi Member

"top host" tag should be removed from virmach. It is loooong time overdue.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • MumblyMumbly Member

Well, they are on the top of the frontpage all the time :p

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

I thought Virmach was like a large host, all I see is people talking about them going down hill? Were they a one-man show or something?

• coldcold Member

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:
    I thought Virmach was like a large host, all I see is people talking about them going down hill? Were they a one-man show or something?

I have the feeling that @VirMach is a one man company...

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:
    Were they a one-man show or something?

This old bashment is not useful anymore.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Ian_Dot_Tech said:

"Are they" not "Were they" ... they still exist. ;-)

• adlyadly Veteran

@cold said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

I thought it was a (badly) designed AI.

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

@MikeA said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

Meant nothing offensive by it, was more inquiring as I always assumed they are a decently large size.

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • If you've been migrated, but can't access your VPS, try going to the Virmach control panel and clicking "Reconfigure Networking." That fixed 2 VPSs for me.

But yes, no support from Virmach on this. Ugh!

• zelizeli Member

• @MikeA said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

You may be the lucky exception, but I have noticed that most one-man-shows end up reaching critical mass and imploding (without a good expansion strategy).

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@dahartigan said:

@MikeA said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

You may be the lucky exception, but I have noticed that most one-man-shows end up reaching critical mass and imploding (without a good expansion strategy).

Most look from the outside like mismanaged money or lack of sustainability. Even if you're dedicated and provide great service, either of those will screw you sooner or later.

• @MikeA said:

@dahartigan said:

@MikeA said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

Most look from the outside like mismanaged money or lack of sustainability. Even if you're dedicated and provide great service, either of those will screw you sooner or later.

I agree, but the worst problem to have is when a 1 man show gets too much workload and can't spread himself like he used to (see Nexus Bytes).

Of course, the solution is to reduce demand when supply is low by increasing prices, natural attrition will work its magic.

I personally love and run one-man shows, it's an excellent way to have a very close customer relationship, etc, etc, but the tradeoff is there is only 1 of me and I can't buy more of me.

Thanked by 1ralf
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@dahartigan said:
    I personally love and run one-man shows, it's an excellent way to have a very close customer relationship, etc, etc, but the tradeoff is there is only 1 of me and I can't buy more of me.

Push yourself harder to become a 10x developer.
    Now you have 10 of you.

P.S. I'm 2x developer so I take two projects at a time.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Life happens, fingers crossed all your one-man shows have a business continuity plan.

• @SirFoxy said:

@deqi said:
    node FFME004 seems srsly broken

Everything's fucking broken, I'm just the first snowflake with clout around here to open a thread about it.

You have clout around here?! Half of what you say is unintelligible.

• @cybertech said:

@riofredinand said:
    Virmach down, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death.

dont be so hard on yourself over a virtual machine.

You should have said, "thank you for your sacrifice. Do you prefer hanging or fire?" :D

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • @byebvip said:

@JabJab said:

@byebvip said: I got a new IP
    But by accessing it, is an nginx default page

Yes, this is how nginx works.

If I reinstall the system and it takes effect, it should not be followed by nginx....

Of course the premise is that the system is reinstalled to take effect...I don't even care if my data is still there...

I feel like it doesn't reinstall the system at all....

Protip: a single period is better than "...." and is in fact, correct usage.

• @MikeA said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

Of course it is. You can see it frequently. If you're a one-man show who is working more than an average work week ALL THE TIME and still not making profit, you're heading for burn-out. It's happened time and time again.

Anyone who didn't see this coming when they had a dramatic drop is support personal had their head in the sand. "Making it up in volume" only works when your infrastructure runs well, not constantly broken and needing a full time developer working on band-aids.

• @rogerwilco said:
    Life happens, fingers crossed all your one-man shows have a business continuity plan.

YOLO, go out Quadriga style.

Gerald Cotten died suddenly in 2018 and took keys to $250 million in crypto assets to his grave

• coldcold Member

@adly said:

@cold said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

I thought it was a (badly) designed AI.

probably a prototype... can't tell...