Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HAZI.ro | KVM Servers | Samsung Enterprise / SATA 7.2K | 12 EUR/year + 2.99 Setup Fee - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HAZI.ro | KVM Servers | Samsung Enterprise / SATA 7.2K | 12 EUR/year + 2.99 Setup Fee

13»

Comments

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@FlorinMarian said: [...] when running speed tests and downloading from multiple servers in parallel, Voxility protection automatically puts you in permanent mitigation.

So high inbound throughput from multiple servers within a certain (unknown) time frame will trigger this? Just trying to understand the real reason.

If this is a common behaviour with Voxility then I am simply not aware of it, yet. On other servers in other datacenters with inbound routing and DDoS protection via Voxility I haven't noticed such a behaviour so far.

I also double checked the YABS source code and the iperf runs are definitely executed consecutively and not in parallel (which wouldn't make sense).

Let's see how this will affect normal operations; most likely not that much.

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian
  • imagine this: you bought this shinny (that brown shine... you know what i mean...) Romanian service, you log in, do your usual initial setup, run yabs ONE TIME... and BOOM!!!, have you been detected and "Voxility protection automatically puts you in PERMANENT mitigation" and now they can call you the abuser and your service got terminated... you ugly terrorist MF :D

Thanked by 2cybertech darkenergy
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@FlorinMarian said:

@dfroe said:
    If I understand you correctly, the (inbound) port speed will be reduced to only 10 Mbps if a download speed of 700 Mbps is reached, even if it is within the 5 TB traffic volume. Which isn't mentioned anywhere but matches my observations.

You didn't get me right.
    What I mean is that you can download at speeds up to 125MBps (1Gbps) up to 10TB, but when running speed tests and downloading from multiple servers in parallel, Voxility protection automatically puts you in permanent mitigation. and only through manual operations at the datacenter level will you have 1Gbps full duplex speeds again.
    I was talking about 700Mbps on average in the tests (1Gbps speed being the best effort, not guaranteed).

YABS does not download from multiple servers in parallel.
    It runs one test after another.

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@yoursunny said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@dfroe said:
    If I understand you correctly, the (inbound) port speed will be reduced to only 10 Mbps if a download speed of 700 Mbps is reached, even if it is within the 5 TB traffic volume. Which isn't mentioned anywhere but matches my observations.

You didn't get me right.
    What I mean is that you can download at speeds up to 125MBps (1Gbps) up to 10TB, but when running speed tests and downloading from multiple servers in parallel, Voxility protection automatically puts you in permanent mitigation. and only through manual operations at the datacenter level will you have 1Gbps full duplex speeds again.
    I was talking about 700Mbps on average in the tests (1Gbps speed being the best effort, not guaranteed).

YABS does not download from multiple servers in parallel.
    It runs one test after another.

Well, then ask Voxility what's wrong with their AntiDDoS because I fail to get an answer.

• @FlorinMarian said:

@moshangfeng said:
    Dogecoin payment keeps failing, if the payment method supports paypal or Alipay it would be good~

Can I have some screenshots or a short video for Dogecoin payment, please?

Regarding PayPal and Alipay, we don't intend to add them.

Best regards, Florin.

Dogecoin payment was successful, you have the claim that paypal payment is not supported, but why can't Alipay payment be supported either? At least the exchange rate of Alipay is relatively reasonable!

@moshangfeng said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@moshangfeng said:
    Dogecoin payment keeps failing, if the payment method supports paypal or Alipay it would be good~

Can I have some screenshots or a short video for Dogecoin payment, please?

Regarding PayPal and Alipay, we don't intend to add them.

Best regards, Florin.

Dogecoin payment was successful, you have the claim that paypal payment is not supported, but why can't Alipay payment be supported either? At least the exchange rate of Alipay is relatively reasonable!

As a Romanian company, it would be illegal to sell paid products in euros to Romanian citizens and to implement a double exchange would be a useless headache.

I don't think you do much with the 9 cents between 14.99 and 15.08 that some banks can charge (and I pay OVH a 2.3% surcharge for exchange but I'm not complaining)

LET Member: "You should make your customers happy, not yourself!"

Another LET member: "Hold my beer!"

Buna ziua,

Va rugam sa opriti de la livrare comanda cu ID-ul 2f6692b993a090613732e03ff0faf55c. In urma unor verificari mai amanuntite consideram ca aceasta tranzactie este frauduloasa. În cazul în care puteti da curs acestei solicitari, va rugam sa efectuati creditarea tranzactiei. De asemenea va recomandam sa blocati accesul respectivului client pentru a evita plati viitoare.
    In cazul in care aceasta tranzactie nu poate fi oprita de la livrare, va rugam sa pastrati toate documentele ce atesta livrarea produselor.

a.k.a

Hello,

Please stop order with ID 2f6692b993a090613732e03ff0faf55c. Following more detailed checks, we consider this transaction to be fraudulent. If you can comply with this request, please credit the transaction. We also recommend that you block that customer's access to avoid future payments.
    If this transaction cannot be stopped from delivery, please keep all documents proving the delivery of the products.

• Just now my Servers are down (#845), did something happen to you guys?

@moshangfeng said:
    Just now my Servers are down (#845), did something happen to you guys?

Check your email, please.

• coldcold Member

@FlorinMarian said:

@emperor said:
    no Paypal? Cociu was scared of disputes also

I would also like to buy services through PayPal when I live in Egypt, New York City and paying in Japanese Yen currency :)
    LET members had a choice between anonymity or PayPal and anonymity prevailed. How do you trust someone who doesn't trust you?

you can also add Romanian to that country list..