Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HAZI.ro | KVM Servers | Samsung Enterprise / SATA 7.2K | 12 EUR/year + 2.99 Setup Fee - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HAZI.ro | KVM Servers | Samsung Enterprise / SATA 7.2K | 12 EUR/year + 2.99 Setup Fee

Comments

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@adly said:

@Nekki said:
    I guarantee you that companies giving 30 minutes warning of termination is a select group on account of it making fuck-all sense.

The whole terminate as a first step is completely retarded in the first place. Just suspend it (preferably with more than 30mins notice if it’s not an ongoing attack / serious issue).

But then it seems the provider will also terminate on any reported torrent abuse reports or just abuse claims in general, again likely with little to no notice, so perhaps not the best to use for anything connected to the Internet. 🤷‍♂️

For copyrighted content we always gave 2nd chance.

• “packages with dedicated IPv4 addresses, from 3 different subnets (depending on "luck").”
    Not quite understand the meaning of this sentence, the IP address varies randomly within the three ranges, or is it given three random IP addresses?

• @moshangfeng said:
    “packages with dedicated IPv4 addresses, from 3 different subnets (depending on "luck").”
    Not quite understand the meaning of this sentence, the IP address varies randomly within the three ranges, or is it given three random IP addresses?

I interpret it as you will get an IP from one of three subnets, and two of them were recently residential so probably less blocked/detected

@moshangfeng said:
    “packages with dedicated IPv4 addresses, from 3 different subnets (depending on "luck").”

One IP address, from three different ranges with two ranges for first time in hosting industry, rented from a Romanian ISP.

A few minutes ago, the shopping cart error that occurred when you selected payment by card was resolved.

• Dogecoin payment keeps failing, if the payment method supports paypal or Alipay it would be good~

@moshangfeng said:
    Dogecoin payment keeps failing, if the payment method supports paypal or Alipay it would be good~

Can I have some screenshots or a short video for Dogecoin payment, please?

Regarding PayPal and Alipay, we don't intend to add them.

Best regards, Florin.

• @FlorinMarian said:

@emperor said:
    no Paypal? Cociu was scared of disputes also

I would also like to buy services through PayPal when I live in Egypt, New York City and paying in Japanese Yen currency :)

Sounds like money laundering. :D

@TimboJones said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@emperor said:
    no Paypal? Cociu was scared of disputes also

I would also like to buy services through PayPal when I live in Egypt, New York City and paying in Japanese Yen currency :)

Sounds like money laundering. :D

I'm not saying anything, it's certainly not worth taking the risk of having a dispute with someone who lost his VM for violating T&C or worse, because he doesn't use the service anyway and invokes a reason like that. "I didn't get anything, I swear!"
    I don't know how much experience you have with PayPal, but when I was focused on game servers, I met dozens of people who recovered all their money after they got bored of playing, had broken accounts, or simply lost items that reached other players.

• @FlorinMarian said:
    but when I was focused on game servers, I met dozens of people who recovered all their money after they got bored of playing

"Game servers" - if you address your services to that kind of audience you will get a higher percentage of people that will try to abuse the refund sistem.

@AndreiGhesi said:

@FlorinMarian said:
    but when I was focused on game servers, I met dozens of people who recovered all their money after they got bored of playing

"Game servers" - if you address your services to that kind of audience you will get a higher percentage of people that will try to abuse the refund sistem.

That was my company's initial goal, to legalize gaming revenue.
    Obviously I don't have the time, patience and nerves to continue with the games, so I focused on hosting, but based on the knowledge gained in those years.

• Plenty providers are selling NAT VPSes here. Hazi tried, put such an offer on BF/CM megathread (only to bump up brand recognition here?) and failed/fucked up it miserable, did not deliver what customers paid for.

Plenty providers here are accepting PayPal payments (and plenty of customers expecting them and asking about it), and guess what? Nazi extremely doesn't like PayPal's customer protection (the reason why users want it for LET offers, ESPECIALLY from such providers out of the blue... from a country with wooden racks in "basement server rooms" and long history of LET Romanian con artists). You could ask why he doesn't like it? Well, some say that he likes to cancel your service and take all your paid money when he succeeds with finding something wrong with your service (i.e. some 0-day vulnerability and you got hacked, some misconfiguration maybe, etc.).

Part of business it is fulfilling customers NEEDS, to make CUSTOMERS happy, not only doing what you like (like getting OVH server and adding your 30% margin while cheating on VAT tax) and complaining for stupid/ungrateful/cheap/dishonest (you name it) customers expectations.

Maybe someday, when you will be as big as Apple you could start to learn customers what they SHOULD want, how they SHOULD pay, and why they DO NOT WANT customer protection etc. but for start from scratch (from basement, with 3rd hand decommissioned hardware, etc.) it is better to look what they NEED and asking for, especially when competition is able to provide such services for years and are doing it well.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Andrews said:
    Plenty providers are selling NAT VPSes here. Hazi tried, put such an offer on BF/CM megathread (only to bump up brand recognition here?) and failed/fucked up it miserable, did not deliver what customers paid for.

Plenty providers here are accepting PayPal payments (and plenty of customers expecting them and asking about it), and guess what? Nazi extremely doesn't like PayPal's customer protection (the reason why users want it for LET offers, ESPECIALLY from such providers out of the blue... from a country with wooden racks in "basement server rooms" and long history of LET Romanian con artists). You could ask why he doesn't like it? Well, some say that he likes to cancel your service and take all your paid money when he succeeds with finding something wrong with your service (i.e. some 0-day vulnerability and you got hacked, some misconfiguration maybe, etc.).

Part of business it is fulfilling customers NEEDS, to make CUSTOMERS happy, not only doing what you like (like getting OVH server and adding your 30% margin while cheating on VAT tax) and complaining for stupid/ungrateful/cheap/dishonest (you name it) customers expectations.

Maybe someday, when you will be as big as Apple you could start to learn customers what they SHOULD want, how they SHOULD pay, and why they DO NOT WANT customer protection etc. but for start from scratch (from basement, with 3rd hand decommissioned hardware, etc.) it is better to look what they NEED and asking for, especially when competition is able to provide such services for years and are doing it well.

Holy shit dude, you are INTENSE.

Thanked by 1default

@Andrews said:
    Plenty providers are selling NAT VPSes here. Hazi tried, put such an offer on BF/CM megathread (only to bump up brand recognition here?) and failed/fucked up it miserable, did not deliver what customers paid for.

Going over "Extreme Nazy", "adding your 30% margin while cheating on your VAT" let me tell you a few things, although I don't expect you to understand since you're throwing poison for appreciation.
    When the NAT offer at 6 euro / year became active I had only half of one subnet/24 and I did not expect those who became my clients (the only source of clients at that time was LET) to abuse my services, being impossible to detect the intruders since the traffic came out externally with a single IP address and internally there were a hundred and something.

When I received the ultimatum that I would lose my IP subnet if there was only one more abuse, I really stopped providing NAT services and people had a choice (about two months after the purchase): Full Refund or additional payment 6 euros for the dedicated IP address.

We are still talking about "customer satisfaction" but the fact that even so the business model is at the limit because the investments are amortized in more than 3 years, are we not talking?

I represent a for-profit company, not a non-governmental organization that wants the good of humanity for nothing in return.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@FlorinMarian said:
    When I received the ultimatum that I would lose my IP subnet if there was only one more abuse, I really stopped providing NAT services

The root of all evil is the inflexible policy of IPv4 rental company.
    Switch to another provider or offer IPv6-only services.

Thanked by 1adly

@yoursunny said:

@FlorinMarian said:
    When I received the ultimatum that I would lose my IP subnet if there was only one more abuse, I really stopped providing NAT services

The root of all evil is the inflexible policy of IPv4 rental company.
    Switch to another provider or offer IPv6-only services.

The big problem is that the second provider from which I got a subnet /23 has exactly the same policy related to abuse and IPv6 does not currently support the operators in my datacenter (I asked recently).

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

As this box (HDD version) hasn't been YABS'ed so far, here we go:

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-05-06                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Thu Jun  9 11:05:13 EEST 2022

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 17 hours, 24 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2698 v3 @ 2.30GHz
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2299.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 976.4 MiB
    Swap       : 954.0 MiB
    Disk       : 98.8 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-14-amd64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 9.87 MB/s     (2.4k) | 130.89 MB/s   (2.0k)
    Write      | 9.90 MB/s     (2.4k) | 131.58 MB/s   (2.0k)
    Total      | 19.77 MB/s    (4.9k) | 262.47 MB/s   (4.1k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 662.41 MB/s   (1.2k) | 969.69 MB/s    (946)
    Write      | 697.60 MB/s   (1.3k) | 1.03 GB/s     (1.0k)
    Total      | 1.36 GB/s     (2.6k) | 2.00 GB/s     (1.9k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 781 Mbits/sec   | 284 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 846 Mbits/sec   | 4.41 Mbits/sec
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 861 Mbits/sec   | 12.7 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 688 Mbits/sec   | 17.6 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | busy            | busy
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 713 Mbits/sec   | 9.88 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 129
    Multi Core      | 126
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/15372054

Overall the box seems okay considering the low price, however inbound network throughput ~10Mbps is just mediocre.

Personally I am fine with the decision to not accept PayPal. To secure against runaway scam, credit card payments are accepted. Be careful if your bank charges conversion fees, as MobilPay converts the EUR from the invoice into RON resulting in 15.08 EUR instead of 14.99 EUR being charged on the card without extra fees just because of double conversion.

• ralfralf Member

@FlorinMarian said:
    IPv6 does not currently support the operators in my datacenter (I asked recently).

You could always use route48 on your host and share out a /64 to each user.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @ralf said:

@FlorinMarian said:
    IPv6 does not currently support the operators in my datacenter (I asked recently).

You could always use route48 on your host and share out a /64 to each user.

Please don't, I understand that this is meant as a joke but please don't give shithosts more ideas.

• Bro wanted to become OVH but family pressure made him Hetzner.

Thanked by 2cybertech yoursunny
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Andrews @cybertech @yoursunny @adly and some others

How much risk of seeing your source of income destroyed are you willing to take for €15 or €12 per year?

@FlorinMarian

Do you allow stacking? If not, I think you should because a full vCore on an E5-v3 with 2 GB memory, 20 GB (good quality) SSD, and 10 TB @1Gb/s with halfway decent DDOS protection might be interesting (I'm presuming that the SSD disk space is on mirrored SSDs).

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • @jsg i do not understand your question.

• @jsg said: How much risk of seeing your source of income destroyed are you willing to take for €15 or €12 per year?

You completely disregarded the discussion and came in with a totally irrelevant question. The problem is instant termination of anyone with a single abuse report without allowing them to retrieve their data. The one time they thought their client legitimately got hacked, they provided 30 minutes notice before deletion of everything. How risky is it to provide nothing but access to one's files?

@cybertech said: @jsg i do not understand your question.

Based on the people he quoted, maybe he's talking about the people unhappy about immediate termination upon abuse reports. But maybe he is supporting them not using paypal. It's honestly quite confusing.

Thanked by 1adly

@dfroe said:
    As this box (HDD version) hasn't been YABS'ed so far, here we go:

#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-05-06                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Thu Jun  9 11:05:13 EEST 2022

Basic System Information:
    Uptime     : 0 days, 17 hours, 24 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2698 v3 @ 2.30GHz
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2299.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 976.4 MiB
    Swap       : 954.0 MiB
    Disk       : 98.8 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-14-amd64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    Read       | 9.87 MB/s     (2.4k) | 130.89 MB/s   (2.0k)
    Write      | 9.90 MB/s     (2.4k) | 131.58 MB/s   (2.0k)
    Total      | 19.77 MB/s    (4.9k) | 262.47 MB/s   (4.1k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 662.41 MB/s   (1.2k) | 969.69 MB/s    (946)
    Write      | 697.60 MB/s   (1.3k) | 1.03 GB/s     (1.0k)
    Total      | 1.36 GB/s     (2.6k) | 2.00 GB/s     (1.9k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 781 Mbits/sec   | 284 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 846 Mbits/sec   | 4.41 Mbits/sec
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 861 Mbits/sec   | 12.7 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 688 Mbits/sec   | 17.6 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | busy            | busy
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 713 Mbits/sec   | 9.88 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 129
    Multi Core      | 126
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/15372054

Overall the box seems okay considering the low price, however inbound network throughput ~10Mbps is just mediocre.

Personally I am fine with the decision to not accept PayPal. To secure against runaway scam, credit card payments are accepted. Be careful if your bank charges conversion fees, as MobilPay converts the EUR from the invoice into RON resulting in 15.08 EUR instead of 14.99 EUR being charged on the card without extra fees just because of double conversion.

The In / Out speed is on average 700Mbps but when you run a YABS you go into permanent mitigation and there the input speed is severely affected. (you are free to create a ticket in which to request to be removed from there, but with the request not to run a new speed test with multiple locations in a short period of time)

@jsg said:

How much risk of seeing your source of income destroyed are you willing to take for €15 or €12 per year?

@FlorinMarian

Do you allow stacking? If not, I think you should because a full vCore on an E5-v3 with 2 GB memory, 20 GB (good quality) SSD, and 10 TB @1Gb/s with halfway decent DDOS protection might be interesting (I'm presuming that the SSD disk space is on mirrored SSDs).

We will not offer packages with dedicated vCPU on this server because we already have this offer on the other server with E5-2699 where we also have the Enterprise SSDs from Samsung.
    Regarding RAID, yes, all storage media are RAID1/10 except for those packages that offer two hard disks, the client being free to install RAID0 or RAID1 as he sees fit.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • adlyadly Veteran
    edited June 2022

@jsg said:

If your income can be destroyed by a single IP abuse complaint, then you shouldn’t be providing services to the general public using those IPs.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@FlorinMarian said: The In / Out speed is on average 700Mbps but when you run a YABS you go into permanent mitigation and there the input speed is severely affected.

To be honest, I don't understand this part.

In the offer it is mentioned that the port speed is at 1 Gbps for the first 5 TB and 100 Mbps afterwards.

If I understand you correctly, the (inbound) port speed will be reduced to only 10 Mbps if a download speed of 700 Mbps is reached, even if it is within the 5 TB traffic volume. Which isn't mentioned anywhere but matches my observations.

Does this mean in order to use the VPS properly, one has to intentionally rate limit the vNIC in the guest OS for example with tc/wondershaper to make sure no data transfer will reach 700 Mbps as otherwise a "permanent mitigation" (=permanent throttle?) will happen?

Can you confirm 700 Mbps is the "magical threshold" which would trigger the mitigation/throttle? Then I'll add a rate limit to avoid the throttle - and you should correct your offer and mention that the first 5 TB are only possible at up to 700 Mbps and not 1 Gbps.

Thanked by 1adly
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited June 2022

@cybertech @NoComment @adly

Maybe this helps:
    That offer pretty much stresses the limits of what's reasonably feasible within that price envelope. Keep in mind that Voxility 1 Tb protection doesn't come exactly cheap, E5-v3 servers are quite a bit more expensive than v2 (typically used by bottom down low end offers), the SSDs are good quality (as opposed to often found "cheapest crap currently available) plus they are mirrored, etc. In other words, I think @FlorinMarian can be happy if he earns €3 per year and VPS.

At the same time, a PayPal dispute will devour a whole year's income (of the VPS concerned) and bring along other pain (reputation degrading with PayPal, administrative efforts of which a single hour is worth more than the yearly VPS cost, etc.)
    In addition other and partly related problems lurk, like e.g. an abuser running a fat operation for a week and then reclaim his money via PayPal; for FlorinMarian that's a loose-loose situation.

Plus (I guess, maybe wrong) that getting his IP subnets cheaply there is an agreement of not tainting them but keeping them clean and in return pay a somewhat lower price. Also keep in mind that many don't black-list single IPs but rather whole subnets.

@adly said:

@jsg said:

If your income can be destroyed by a single IP abuse complaint, then you shouldn’t be providing services using those IPs.

I don't think that it's that bad that is, that the issue of tainted subnets is just one element next to others.
    But nevertheless, I pretty much agree with what you probably mean.
    But then, LET is about "(very) cheap" or, at the very minimum, "(very) cheap" is a very major factor here so we shouldn't be surprised to see providers (keep in mind, in a very competitive market) trying things that almost look desperate to offer something yet 50 cents cheaper than others ...

Be that as it may, every provider is free to design products and offers as he sees fit and we are free to take or to reject those offers as we see fit. Similarly, any provider is free to accept, or not, this or that form of payment; probably for Hazi.ro the disadvantages outweigh the advantages of accepting PayPal. Also, any provider is free to (within legal bounds) make rules as he sees fit. I personally don't have any problem with FlorinMarian's tough rules but still, I agree that they at least look bad (as in "rather driving potential customers away than luring them in").

The final straw that triggered my involvement in this thread was the high readiness of some to bash and trash while not giving a damn about FlorinMarian's point of view and to go full berserk along the line of "romanian providers are crappy and to be suspected to be scammers anyway unless proven otherwise" (but not even giving them the chance to do so). IMO that's just one step away from "Germans are war loving Nazis" or "black people are stupid and violent" ... while IN FACT ... we all even know that there are decent or at least honest romanian providers (@Virtono being just one example).

TL;DR Leave that guy alone and let him do his thing. If you like it, bite and buy, if not just look for other offers that match your taste better. And stay away from putting whole nations, races, religions, etc. into some smelly basket.

Thanked by 2FlorinMarian ralf
  • @jsg ha ha. ok.

@dfroe said:

@FlorinMarian said: The In / Out speed is on average 700Mbps but when you run a YABS you go into permanent mitigation and there the input speed is severely affected.

To be honest, I don't understand this part.

In the offer it is mentioned that the port speed is at 1 Gbps for the first 5 TB and 100 Mbps afterwards.

If I understand you correctly, the (inbound) port speed will be reduced to only 10 Mbps if a download speed of 700 Mbps is reached, even if it is within the 5 TB traffic volume. Which isn't mentioned anywhere but matches my observations.

Does this mean in order to use the VPS properly, one has to intentionally rate limit the vNIC in the guest OS for example with tc/wondershaper to make sure no data transfer will reach 700 Mbps as otherwise a "permanent mitigation" (=permanent throttle?) will happen?

Can you confirm 700 Mbps is the "magical threshold" which would trigger the mitigation/throttle? Then I'll add a rate limit to avoid the throttle - and you should correct your offer and mention that the first 5 TB are only possible at up to 700 Mbps and not 1 Gbps.

You didn't get me right.
    What I mean is that you can download at speeds up to 125MBps (1Gbps) up to 10TB, but when running speed tests and downloading from multiple servers in parallel, Voxility protection automatically puts you in permanent mitigation. and only through manual operations at the datacenter level will you have 1Gbps full duplex speeds again.
    I was talking about 700Mbps on average in the tests (1Gbps speed being the best effort, not guaranteed).

• defaultdefault Veteran