Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GVH interview is out - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GVH interview is out

124»

Comments

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Nekki said:
    I do wonder, if anyone among us brave enough to attempt to log in with their credentials on this nefarious copy of our fine community to see if the database itself has been stolen?

They haven't yet updated your avatar

The thread that I closed here isn't closed there

I also can't find a copy of LET's rules there

I don't appear to be a mod there

• dosaidosai Member

@Nekki said:
    I do wonder, if anyone among us brave enough to attempt to log in with their credentials on this nefarious copy of our fine community to see if the database itself has been stolen?

I nominate @Nekki to handle this fruitful experiment.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

Looks like selective scraping to me.

I'm going to try and block it.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

Sir, a point-in-time copy of the database would look just like that, would it not?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@dosai said:

@Nekki said:

I nominate @Nekki to handle this fruitful experiment.

Why Sir, I surely do t have the requisite bravery to undertake such a terrifying task!

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@jbiloh said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

They're also scraping tutorials from DO:

https://upto.pw/blog

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@jbiloh said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

Bravo, dear leader, bravo!

I do hope you can deal with this accursed mess once and for all.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@angstrom said:

@jbiloh said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

They're also scraping tutorials from DO:

https://upto.pw/blog

Cads! Bounders! String them up, I say!

• @raindog308 said: Weird. @dahartigan is one example. Perhaps their scraping logic fumbled the avatars.

It seems like you're right, it looks like a couple of others are too. I assume that if this is a Weasel site, he's probably got me "banned" there because he doesn't like me.

@stevewatson301 said:

@raindog308 said: Weird. @dahartigan is one example. Perhaps their scraping logic fumbled the avatars.

He was banned at one point of time though. Maybe it's using a copy of earlier data from Lowendtalk.

I thought the same thing, either a cached profile from wayback machine etc OR it's someone having a laugh and in their alternative LET I'm actually banned lol

• dane_dohertydane_doherty Member
    edited May 2022

I tried to make an account on that site and received an activation e-mail from [email protected].
    The e-mail also leaked the server address which is 65.108.138.230 (Hetzner).

• fynixfynix Member

@dane_doherty said:
    I tried to make an account on that site and received an activation e-mail from [email protected].

@tinyweasel opsec at your service.

Thanked by 1dosai
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2022

@fynix said:

@dane_doherty said:

Sir, might I suggest that this particular anthill is one you desist in attempting to upend.

For whether the ubiquitous Mr Doherty is indeed the Tiniest of Weasels is ultimately immaterial if Mr Doherty is making continued efforts to become an upstanding member of our fine, fine community. Your constant baiting will only have one result, one I fear which will be unremittingly negative for all concerned.

I would appeal to you that, in the absence of any sign of behaviour detrimental to the community at large from Mr Doherty, you allow potentially sleeping dogs to continue their rest uninterrupted.

Thanked by 3bulbasaur DP dahartigan
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@dane_doherty said:

Thank you!

• @Nekki said:

@fynix said:

@dane_doherty said:

Sir, might I suggest that this particular anthill is one you desist in attempting to upend.

For whether the ubiquitous Mr Doherty is indeed the Tiniest of Weasels is ultimately immaterial if Mr Doherty is making continued efforts to become an upstanding member of our fine, fine community. Your constant baiting will only have one result, one I fear which will be unremittingly negative for all concerned.

I would appeal to you that, in the absence of any sign of behaviour detrimental to the community at large from Mr Doherty, you allow potentially sleeping dogs to continue their rest uninterrupted.

Without a "mea culpa" recognizing previous shit behaviour and agreeing it was stupid and won't happen again, I don't see that happening. Otherwise, this is just the next phase in social engineering his way into the site.