Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GVH interview is out - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GVH interview is out

Comments

• AltesAltes Member

@organicallyblue said: When this all started, I was a part of a community on an ICQ chat group where I met the people who introduced me to the world of fraud. They became my closest friends when I was in a vulnerable position, even though they lived across the ocean. I was able to talk to them every day and they were able to comfort me and give me advice, and I looked up to them as older brothers. I became consumed with the fake pleasures and luxuries that the stolen money was able to buy me. One thing became another, and I couldn't stop until the feds came in.

Ultimately, I can only blame myself for my actions that led up to this. I wish I had known better and had more self-control at the time.

This is a very touchy subject for a lot of people, especially those who have felt fraud on their skin. Not being able to buy groceries because of the cards being nixed after someone used them online, then waiting to get the money back, etc. A lot of heartache, and a lot of problems that were created out of someone making some keystrokes across the ocean. Crazy to think how much problems it can create. But it's real people.... real lives.

I don't want to sound like I'm excusing your actions, or those of anyone else, either. I will say, however, that we as people have to admit that we sometimes don't do enough for those closest to us, and that we don't provide them with the help and the support to feel worthy enough to be out in the world, and when that happens... unfortunately. What happened to you happens to the most vulnerable ones, and those who are supposed to be the baddies, who are criminals, are providing them with the advice, and acknowledging them as those who are worthy of attention.

As I said before, it's a touchy subject... and humanizing fraudsters and seeing them as actual people may anger some people (and rightfully so) but it's difficult for me not to admit that our kids sometimes have nowhere to turn to, and that simply having Internet access may lead them down a very, very dark path... where they can't even realize how much hurt they're causing, simply because they are normalized into it.

Hollywood productions always glamorize crime in their works of art, but there is nothing glamorous about being a nobody in a small dark room, and being acknowledged by criminals, and being able to make money because of it. Because at the end of the day, like you said, you will be alone with your own thoughts, and you will know the truth.

I'm just glad that you saw it for what it was, and that you are aware that it's not the end of the path, either. You are a very young man, and if anything, your life has only properly started now. You are a man, and sometimes, we go through things that we shouldn't... but if it makes you into a caring decent human being, and makes you value your family. You can't let your past get you down.

Thanked by 2lentro Logano
  • nuggetsnuggets Member

@TWC said:
    This is a very touchy subject for a lot of people, especially those who have felt fraud on their skin. Not being able to buy groceries because of the cards being nixed after someone used them online, then waiting to get the money back, etc. A lot of heartache, and a lot of problems that were created out of someone making some keystrokes across the ocean. Crazy to think how much problems it can create. But it's real people.... real lives.

Initially and after a while of doing it, the credit cards you steal are just numbers on a screen. You don't think about the human behind it, and you become numb to the thought of your victim's problems. In the fraud community, stolen PII are referred to as "numbers", "profiles", "fullz", "digits", etc. But really, all of it are belonging to actual victims. Other people, like you said, may be suffering and not able to buy groceries for their families as a result of being victims of fraud.

I think that some people may be apt to have less compassion than others, either because of their own personal circumstances, their environment, politics, who knows. I was one of those people.

From working at McDonald's with single moms who work two jobs and have 3 kids at home being watched by the oldest daughter who can't go to school because she's helping her mom pay rent, to hearing the heartbreaking stories of other inmates in prison who are stuck in a cycle of crime and imprisonment because of their environment, the stories that I have heard from other people have helped me develop compassion for others. It has helped me see through the numbers on the screen and into the lives of the victims that it affects.

Thanked by 1Altes
  • AltesAltes Member

@organicallyblue said: I think that some people may be apt to have less compassion than others, either because of their own personal circumstances, their environment, politics, who knows. I was one of those people.

From working at McDonald's with single moms who work two jobs and have 3 kids at home being watched by the oldest daughter who can't go to school because she's helping her mom pay rent, to hearing the heartbreaking stories of other inmates in prison who are stuck in a cycle of crime and imprisonment because of their environment, the stories that I have heard from other people have helped me develop compassion for others. It has helped me see through the numbers on the screen and into the lives of the victims that it affects.

I think that we are all able to empathize, even those who have taken human lives, but like you said... personal circumstances matter. Like, are they loved, are they being shown true emotions by their family, or are they treated like someone who is simply meant to move up in the world, without having their feelings acknowledged?

It's easy to procreate, but thinking that you are all-knowing and that you should be listened to by default simply because you feed and clothe someone is wrong, and you need to be there for your children. Emotionally, that is.

If we give them the proper tools, and the needed attention, I think that it will help them later on, at least a little if anything.

It makes you look differently at life, doesn't it? Rhetorical question, of course... because you know it. But, those moms are the true heroes, and in some cases, they are more emotionally available to their children than those who "have it together", and they won't get any praise, or anything... it's far more likely that they will be looked as being bums for being over 40 and working for minimum wage.

• @organicallyblue could you please take a moment to let some of the would-be scammers of LET know that their path is wrong?

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@organicallyblue said:

@TWC said:

Initially and after a while of doing it, the credit cards you steal are just numbers on a screen. You don't think about the human behind it, and you become numb to the thought of your victim's problems. In the fraud community, stolen PII are referred to as "numbers", "profiles", "fullz", "digits", etc. But really, all of it are belonging to actual victims. Other people, like you said, may be suffering and not able to buy groceries for their families as a result of being victims of fraud.

I think that some people may be apt to have less compassion than others, either because of their own personal circumstances, their environment, politics, who knows. I was one of those people.

I like how you talked in the third person on the original thread and acted as if you weren't him and argued with me about dumb shit you had no idea about i.e. FAFSA.

Good PR, I'm sure the probation officer will love it.

You spent barely a year in a minimum-security federal prison, stop acting a cry baby and move on with life.

You made poor mistakes just like I did and it resulted in consequences for your actions.

No one but you was responsible for them.

By the way, your word is meaningless, much like mine was when I got out of prison.

Both of us are primarily forever marked (or at least I am several more years until I can get an expungement) -- you will have to work two times harder than everyone else and have your sheer actions speak for you, not words, if you want anything in this world and anyone to believe you.

I say all of that that to say this interview was pretty much dogshit.

Thanked by 2bulbasaur WSWD
  • drizbodrizbo Member

This thread is worse than some facebook self-pitty posting.

They should send you back to prison you dipshit.

Thanked by 1WSWD
  • lentrolentro Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2022

@drizbo said: should send you back to prison you dipshit

What? Why all the negativity?

I don't see how this interview helps him defraud more people, and it was a fascinating read for myself. Seems like he's turning around with becoming a chef and finally completing college. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

He's not going to become a big-shot billionaire, but he can make the most of what he can do. Enjoy freedom and be happy.

Edit: I don't condone selling personal information though. It's something that even a 12 year old should be able to understand. Being bullied doesn't excuse it. Still, what's done is done, he's served time, and his future will forever be marked by being a convicted felon as a result.

@SirFoxy said: third person

Agreed that this was unprofessional. Transparency = key.

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • AltesAltes Member
    edited May 2022

@SirFoxy said: I like how you talked in the third person on the original thread and acted as if you weren't him and argued with me about dumb shit you had no idea about i.e. FAFSA.

You spent barely a year in a minimum-security federal prison, stop acting a cry baby and move on with life.

You made poor mistakes just like I did and it resulted in consequences for your actions.

By the way, your word is meaningless, much like mine was when I got out of prison.

Both of us are primarily forever marked (or at least I am several more years until I can get an expungement) -- you will have to work two times harder than everyone else and have your sheer actions speak for you, not words, if you want anything in this world and anyone to believe you.

You don't owe the world anything, though. It's important for you to know that. We all make mistakes, and I'm not trying to analyze you, or claim that I understand you. But people are complicated, there are a lot of layers to peel... so we can't be too quick to judge, especially when it wasn't a heinous crime to begin with. Basically, regardless of whether or not it's a nice thing to show to the PO, we have the choice to either be pessimistic about it, and think that we are our past, or take a leap of faith and send good vibes into the ether.

Anyone who tells you that you're marked, or that you aren't as worthy because of your past, or if you show weakness (don't mistake being humble for being weak) they're just being a dick about it, and shouldn't be taken seriously. Whether they believe you or not... it's not something you should concern yourself with. If you know in your heart that you are doing your best, and that you mean well. Ain't nobody got the right to tell you otherwise, or put you down. Negativity breeds negativity.

Much love, homie, and in the words of Nas: "I know I can".

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited May 2022

@TWC said: Nas

Nasty Nas the Esco to Escobar, now he is Nastradamus.

• @SirFoxy said:

@organicallyblue said:

@TWC said:

I like how you talked in the third person on the original thread and acted as if you weren't him and argued with me about dumb shit you had no idea about i.e. FAFSA.

Someone's jealous.

Thanked by 2emgh bulbasaur
  • MurvMurv Member

Your favorite anime? There were far stranger questions.
    I do not watch anime.

Well that's disappointing...

• TGTTGT Member
    edited May 2022

Retarded for doing the crime and doing the interview. Go live your life you've paid your debt to society you owe no one an explanation of who, what, when, where or why you did what you did. People here will just trash talk you weather you apologize of not. Find some people who really care about your well being and not looking to ridicule you at every turn. Just my 2 cents.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @TGT said:
    Retarded for doing the crime and doing the interview. Go live your life you've paid your debt to society you owe no one an explanation of who, what, when, where or why you did what you did. People here will just trash talk you weather you apologize of not. Find some people who really care about your well being and not looking to ridicule you at every turn. Just my 2 cents.

Completely agreed. Shame on all involved.

• LoganoLogano Member

@organicallyblue
    my work in the prison kitchen paid 19 cents an hour

I was gonna say some generic encouraging things, but then I saw this and couldn't not get sidetracked comparing your and my "time served", because it's funny how you got paid more in prison than I did in active service ($8-18/mo). Ah, those days of being a conscript. I worked 20+ hour days until making Sergeant which was when I started working 18 hour days. Wasn't allowed to walk during the 6 months of being a 2nd Private because every time I was caught walking by any a-hole in the entire barracks, me and a few other guys would be taken to a bathroom or behind the barracks and poked, cursed at, knocked on the head, etc. It was always run, run, run! Work, work, work! No sense of human dignity whatsoever lol. Hello, other former conscripts from various countries!

Anyways, back to you. I think you're doing well in that you're trying to fulfill what you feel is the correct path that you were supposed to take. It will help you psychologically, I think. Life is long, I know it's hard to see at the early 20s, but it's unnatural for big life changes to happen month-to-month. You'll still be in your early 30s after almost 10 years at your job, where if you stuck with it, you'd be at your prime in terms of knowledge + expertise + brain cells + health. I don't think it'll be too late then to start transitioning to your own business (which IMO you'll inevitably want with time) since you'll have more life experience in general, a lot more well-rounded knowledge, less hormones, etc.

• @Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@dane_doherty said:
    https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/82857/#Comment_82857

Their search engine is far worse than LET, so the verdict may not be final yet.

@Nekki did you create the term or no?

@BusterWolf is a very good friend of mine, so its possible either one of us came up with the portmanteau, I honestly couldn't say. His recollection may be better than mine.

The real question is why are you allowed to operate three different identities on the same forum; does OGF not have rules against it?

• @stevewatson301 said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@dane_doherty said:

@BusterWolf is a very good friend of mine, so its possible either one of us came up with the portmanteau, I honestly couldn't say. His recollection may be better than mine.

The real question is why are you allowed to operate three different identities on the same forum; does OGF not have rules against it?

Was that directed at weasel? You quoted three people.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@TimboJones said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@dane_doherty said:

Was that directed at weasel? You quoted three people.

I think that it was directed at @Nekki

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@stevewatson301 said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@dane_doherty said:

Sir, if this is a question you genuinely require an answer to, I feel you would be best served asking at that fine community instead of at this fine community.

You have however reminded me of why I decided to stop frequenting by that fine community (for which I am most grateful), for I was asked to choose which identity to retain and I refused to choose, instead opting to disappear into the night!

• @Nekki said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@dane_doherty said:

Sir, if this is a question you genuinely require an answer to, I feel you would be best served asking at that fine community instead of at this fine community.

You have however reminded me of why I decided to stop frequenting by that fine community (for which I am most grateful), for I was asked to choose which identity to retain and I refused to choose, instead opting to disappear into the night!

I respect that forum. I donated to it a few times. It never really appealed to me much, but I respect it and value it.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@HalfEatenPie said:

@Nekki said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@dane_doherty said:

I respect that forum. I donated to it a few times. It never really appealed to me much, but I respect it and value it.

As well you should, good Sir, it is a fine community with a ethos that is to respected. I to respect it, which is why ‘the beast’ has never truly materialised in that place.

• @dane_doherty said:

Is the search engine here at LET any different than the search engine at LES @jbiloh @FAT32 @raindog308?
    I was under the impression both sites use the same standard Vanilla search engine?

• dane_dohertydane_doherty Member
    edited May 2022

@Offshore_Solutions said:

@dane_doherty said:

Is the search engine here at LET any different than the search engine at LES @jbiloh @FAT32 @raindog308?
    I was under the impression both sites use the same standard Vanilla search engine?

Search on LET:

• has substantial delay
    • returns exact matches

Probably a simple MySQL LIKE query.

Search on LES:

• instant results
    • returns fuzzy matches

Probably something more "advanced".

I used Google to find the earliest occurence on LES due to these limitations.

BTW. What is this site https://upto.pw? Has 1:1 copy of this forum.

https://upto.pw/d/40873-gvh-interview-is-out/2

• @dane_doherty said:

My goodness! That site, https://upto.pw/
    is a complete scrape of LET. Do you suspect Tiny Weasel?

Google doesn't like 2 websites with the same content.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Offshore_Solutions said: I was under the impression both sites use the same standard Vanilla search engine?

Pretty sure that Wordpress isn't using the Vanilla search engine :-)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@dane_doherty said: Has 1:1 copy of this forum.

So it's a clone of the site but some people are banned there that are not banned here...?

Weird. @dahartigan is one example. Perhaps their scraping logic fumbled the avatars.

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

Oh my! The secret is out. upto.py is the original. This place is the copy. /s

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@dane_doherty said:

I'm looking into this.

• @raindog308 said: Weird. @dahartigan is one example. Perhaps their scraping logic fumbled the avatars.

He was banned at one point of time though. Maybe it's using a copy of earlier data from Lowendtalk.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@jbiloh said:

@dane_doherty said:

I'm looking into this.

That site appears to be using Discourse

But, wow

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2022

I do wonder, if anyone among us brave enough to attempt to log in with their credentials on this nefarious copy of our fine community to see if the database itself has been stolen?