Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GVH interview is out
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GVH interview is out

https://lowendbox.com/blog/for-immediate-release-the-johnny-nguyen-greenvaluehost-interview/

It's exactly what was expected. Essentially a generic self-criticism and praising the federal prison system to appease the PO. Could have substituted the interviewee for anybody and you wouldn't notice anything odd.

Comments

• It was a cringe fest to read. Absolute idiot for doing what he did, and for agreeing to the interview.

Thanked by 1szymonp
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I think the high point of my arc was when I was able to take out girls who were way out of my league

Right there near the top and already confirmed, nothing ever really changes.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I shall not read a word of it, although I wish young Mr Nyugen every success on his road to rehabilitatation.

• LeviLevi Member

Well, the questions answered. The main question is answered with one word "no". That's it. I wish a happy day to nuggets at mcdonalds kitchen.

• noamannoaman Member

@dane_doherty said:
    https://lowendbox.com/blog/for-immediate-release-the-johnny-nguyen-greenvaluehost-interview/

It's exactly what was expected. Essentially a generic self-criticism and praising the federal prison system to appease the PO. Could have substituted the interviewee for anybody and you wouldn't notice anything odd.

He was the first hosting provider from whom I purchased when I joined LET.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/34733/which-provider-will-let-me-torrent#latest

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • AltesAltes Member

@jar said:

I think the high point of my arc was when I was able to take out girls who were way out of my league

Right there near the top and already confirmed, nothing ever really changes.

What else is there for a young boy, though? I would have been concerned that he was lying if he had answered it differently, but still. Generally speaking... getting caught, and/or going to prison will only make you sneakier, and it can't help you become a better person. You learn to play the system, and you avoid making the same mistakes (by using other people and controlling everything secretly without owning any of it) that got you popped, but your ego still won't let you see that the other guys are just as greedy, and if anything, it ensures that someone is going to snitch on you once they get themselves into a legal mess, or once their coke habit gets out of hand.

If you're gonna do crime, there's no way you're gonna come out unscathed.

I truly hope he will make something of himself and live his life like every person should: proudly and knowing that it's never too late to do better. Thoughts and prayers.

• blackblack Member
    edited May 2022

Wow GVH, a blast from the past. It seems like he's learned a lot from his experiences.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@black said:
    Wow GVH, a blast from the past. It seems like he's learned a lot from his experiences.

Let's hope so.

I wish GVH Johnny well and hope he finds real happiness and success in the future.

• LeeLee Veteran

Expected, bollocks.

@Lee said:
    Expected, bollocks.

Why so?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@jbiloh said:

@Lee said:
    Expected, bollocks.

Why so?

Sir, I believe he meant to say, that, as he anticipated, the interview was, to use the vernacular, a load of old cobblers. I trust this clarifies. Toodle-pip, old bean, have a bully day!

Thanked by 1Lee
  • emghemgh Member

It was a good interview.

• LeviLevi Member

@emgh said:
    It was a good interview.

No, it was not. Borring, generic, 0 intimate details. SEO optimized junk.

Thanked by 2dahartigan kevertje
  • emghemgh Member

@LTniger said:

@emgh said:
    It was a good interview.

As someone who works in SEO, I can assure you it's not SEO optimized.

• LeviLevi Member

@emgh said:

@LTniger said:

@emgh said:
    It was a good interview.

Term "seo optimized" means "junk, worthless text, a waste of storage bytes and network packets".

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • serv_eeserv_ee Member

@LTniger said:

@emgh said:
    It was a good interview.

What did you want then? How many times did he hold someone's pocket or some shit like that?

• I see 2 things.

1. I'd give the guy the benefit of the doubt. It's obvious he's trying to be humble and make the right decisions. He's gone through what many of us will never go through. Yes he's made mistakes in the past and he paid his due. It's not like you have to grab beers with the guy or something, you just don't have to be a dick to him.
    2. The hell is the audience/LET community want from this interview? He kept it brief and to the point. He's focusing on self-reflection, what he did was wrong, and then how the prison system changed him and tried to give him opportunities. Love it or hate it, criticize the US prison system however you want, but at the end of the day he's taking a positive outlook and, from what I can tell, he's trying to maintain composure. You then bitch about how this isn't anything interesting or unique.

I didn't think this interview was a good idea to begin with tbf and I kind of foresaw people will be giving him shit for it. Basically, no real benefit for anyone involved except maybe LEB for the cheap clicks.

As much as I didn't like the old Johnny, at least have some respect and compassion for someone who, as far as I know or care, paid his due and is trying to change for the better. Thanks for willing to open up Johnny and I wish you well in your future endeavors. Life can sometimes be unforgiving and other people will try and stigmatize your experience, but what's yours is yours and it's a new beginning. There's some great opportunities out there and I wish you well on your Cybersecurity Bachelors degree.

• emghemgh Member

@LTniger said:

@emgh said:

@LTniger said:

@emgh said:
    It was a good interview.

Term "seo optimized" means "junk, worthless text, a waste of storage bytes and network packets".

That's funny because in the real world SEO optimized is the exact opposite.

• LeviLevi Member

@serv_ee said:

@LTniger said:

@emgh said:
    It was a good interview.

What did you want then? How many times did he hold someone's pocket or some shit like that?

I would like to hear his plan for gvh2. Drama! Where is the drama?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@LTniger said: SEO optimized junk.

Hardly.

Everyone outside of the community has long forgotten about GVH - I mean, JN dumped GVH on Duke seven years ago. The only people who'll read the interview is LowEnd vets, so not exactly an SEO winner.

Really, it was done for the LET community.

@HalfEatenPie said: As much as I didn't like the old Johnny, at least have some respect and compassion for someone who, as far as I know or care, paid his due and is trying to change for the better.

I've known several individuals who've served time in prison and went straight after that.
    They were all non-violent offenders without addiction issues. Of course, I've also known people who were bent from the start and never straightened out.

I certainly wish Nguyen all the best. I'm skeptical because getting ahead is hard, and getting ahead with a felony record and a giant restitution tab is only harder and the lure of some get-rich-quick scam is always going to be out there. I've added him to my daily prayers but I personally won't be extending him credit any time soon.

Thanked by 2HalfEatenPie Logano
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@jar said: Right there near the top and already confirmed, nothing ever really changes.

Honestly, though, taking out girls who were out of my league was kind of a high spot on the arc for me, too :-)

Thanked by 2nuggets Logano

I enjoyed reading it, and as I said earlier, wish Johnny well.

Thank you to @raindog308 for putting this together.

• emghemgh Member

@jbiloh said:

What's your favorite fast food? :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@emgh said:

@jbiloh said:

Oh more of these, quite delightful!

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@jbiloh said:

You can start while @jbiloh counts his stack of BilohBucks

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@jbiloh said:

I am afraid that my choice now is far less interesting than last week - it is, of course, the most English of culinary fast foods, the carvery!

• emghemgh Member

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@jbiloh said:

I am afraid that my choice now is far less interesting than last week - it is, of course, the most English of culinary fast foods, the carvery!

As of last week?

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2022

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@jbiloh said:

As of last week?

TACO FUCKING BELL

Sir, I am quite sorry, what unnecessary profanity, I am mortified.

That is to say, I very much enjoyed the delicious Mexican/US fusion cuisine that is Taco Bell.

• emghemgh Member

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@jbiloh said:

As of last week?

TACO FUCKING BELL

Guys, I think I broke him. Can moderators please hand him another light touch?

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2022

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@jbiloh said:

As of last week?

TACO FUCKING BELL

Guys, I think I broke him. Can moderators please hand him another light touch?

I apologise Sir, I am quite beside myself, what ridiculous vulgarity on my part.