Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Opinions on aaPanel? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Opinions on aaPanel?

Comments

• zhizhi Member

aaPanel is one of the best free personal panels.
    When I set everything up( OpenLiteSpeed, MySQL, PHP, Redis, Docker, Nodejs, Firewalld, Fail2ban, Auto Backup, etc.), I will typebt stop or service ssh stop.

• kkiskkkkiskk Member

The things should be concerned are privacy and security, if it is not being audited and no any security performance releases, this is not suggested to run in production environment.

• mxnhostmxnhost Member, Host Rep

If you are looking for an Open Source free control panel then we would recommend Hestia - works well for a lot of our clients.

• taizitaizi Member

yes,best panel, easy to use
    but it is a Chinese panel

• @taizi said:

So?

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

I would recommend running your sites without a panel(for me, its just a waste of resources.), if you still insist on using one, virtualmin or cyberpanel would be my suggestion.

• taizitaizi Member

@Caspooor said:

@taizi said:

So?

be careful data security...

• SpinServersSpinServers Member, Host Rep

Huge fan of open-source projects. aaPanel is a great panel, but, it does lack some features that you can get with other free panels out there. I can't speak for security as I haven't used it extensively, only ever played with it as a test.

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited May 2022

aapanel is starting to slide in their paid apps, and its looking shittier by the versions. sooner or later im gonna have to go on hestiacp.

• Never used it personally. But what do you think about the security of aaPanel?

• @myresellerhome said:
    Never used it personally. But what do you think about the security of aaPanel?

what security?

• I've used aaPanel for a while when I was new to Linux. Now I just see it as a giant black box that is hard to audit, thus untrustworthy.

• zcorpszcorps Member

hmmmm what about HestiaCP ????

• Tony40Tony40 Member

Keyhelp panel is the best Free Web Control Panel.

https://www.keyhelp.de/en/

Thanked by 2Ympker Chuck
  • elliotcelliotc Member

@giang said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    A backdoor to China? Not worth the risk, without a rack911 report, IMHO.

What risk? I heard a lot about Chinese products but only US products are gathering and selling useúe data.

Thats because chinese products sell user data is not a news.

• gianggiang Veteran

@elliotc said:

@giang said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

What risk? I heard a lot about Chinese products but only US products are gathering and selling useúe data.

Do you have any report about it?

• _MS__MS_ Member
    edited May 2022

@giang said:

@elliotc said:

@giang said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

One example:

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • gianggiang Veteran

MS said:

@giang said:

@elliotc said:

@giang said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

One example:

So you found a Chinese website tracking some user computer information without any sensitive data, and then what?

They will sell that data to ads company or something?

• @zcorps said:
    hmmmm what about HestiaCP ????

MS said:

@giang said:

@elliotc said:

@giang said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

One example:

reject chinese OS. use Windows instead.

• @giang said:
    but only US products are gathering and selling useúe data.

Absolutely 100% not true, but even if it was…

What risk?

Any collected data going free of charge or other encumbrance to the CCP, which you may trust but I for one (of a great many) most certainly do not?

Not that the CCP ave any reason to care about me, or that I have anything particularly sensitive that I care about them knowing about, but there are many in the world who these things are not true of, and my concerns in life are based on more than what risks there are to myself.

• SuperXPSuperXP Member

@giang said:

MS said:

@giang said:

@elliotc said:

@giang said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

One example:

So you found a Chinese website tracking some user computer information without any sensitive data, and then what?

Yes, they collect your private data and sell it to other companies. For example, when you enter text using a product called Sogou, taobao will push you the product you searched for. The collection of user privacy information by these Chinese companies is required by the CCP, and you may face imprisonment if you do not collect information. This is not a joke or intimidation, because I often see people disappear in Chinese exchange forums, and after a few years this person will come forward and say that he has been imprisoned.

Thanked by 1lowendclient
  • _MS__MS_ Member
    edited May 2022

@giang said:

MS said:

@giang said:

@elliotc said:

@giang said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

One example:

You're welcome to exclusively use Chinese software.

There are tons of others examples like countries banning software and hardware coming from China.

India:
    https://www.reuters.com/world/india/sea-owned-game-free-fire-unavailable-india-after-ban-chinese-apps-2022-02-15/

USA:
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/us-president-biden-signs-law-to-ban-huawei-and-zte-from-receiving-fcc-licences/

• gianggiang Veteran

@SuperXP said:

@giang said:

MS said:

@giang said:

@elliotc said:

@giang said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

One example:

Yes, they collect your private data and sell it to other companies. For example, when you enter text using a product called Sogou, taobao will push you the product you searched for. The collection of user privacy information by these Chinese companies is required by the CCP, and you may face imprisonment if you do not collect information. This is not a joke or intimidation, because I often see people disappear in Chinese exchange forums, and after a few years this person will come forward and say that he has been imprisoned.

You are not Chinese, so why you care? They come to your country and imprison you?

MS said:

@giang said:

MS said:

@giang said:

@elliotc said:

@giang said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

One example:

There are tons of others examples like countries banning software and hardware coming from China.

India:
    https://www.reuters.com/world/india/sea-owned-game-free-fire-unavailable-india-after-ban-chinese-apps-2022-02-15/

USA:
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/us-president-biden-signs-law-to-ban-huawei-and-zte-from-receiving-fcc-licences/

Because they can't offer better price than China company, so they ban, easy to understand.

I'm not Chinese, I'm Vietnamese and an ex-soldier so I hate Chinese gov for sure.

But in the internet, they and Russian can't do shit.

US and allies own the internet. Chinese and Russian cant do anything outside their countries.

That's my point. Simple at that. If your data is in Russian or Chinese gov, it will be safe.

You don't see any Rus or Chinese leak user data, but a lot of US and allies companies did.

So I feel safer when use Chinese open source scripts because they cant do shit.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

I don’t go out of my way to use or avoid Chinese stuff, if it’s good it’s good IMO. At the same, I can see why the gov doesn’t want them doing infrastructure stuff and whatnot, but using tiktok or other software isn’t a huge deal imo

• elliotcelliotc Member

@giang said: Chinese and Russian cant do anything outside their countries.

Yes, and No. In the past, they have had great success in using free speech and law as a weapon to attack the rights of others, but I noticed that with the beginning of war, and the world divided into two. The "tolerance" will no longer last.

• SuperXPSuperXP Member

@giang said:

@SuperXP said:

@giang said:

MS said:

@giang said:

@elliotc said:

@giang said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

One example:

You are not Chinese, so why you care? They come to your country and imprison you?

MS said:

@giang said:

MS said:

@giang said:

@elliotc said:

@giang said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

One example:

India:

USA:

Because they can't offer better price than China company, so they ban, easy to understand.

I'm not Chinese, I'm Vietnamese and an ex-soldier so I hate Chinese gov for sure.

But in the internet, they and Russian can't do shit.

US and allies own the internet. Chinese and Russian cant do anything outside their countries.

That's my point. Simple at that. If your data is in Russian or Chinese gov, it will be safe.

You don't see any Rus or Chinese leak user data, but a lot of US and allies companies did.

So I feel safer when use Chinese open source scripts because they cant do shit.

So you ask the Chinese are they willing to hand over their privacy to Apple or Tesla? They call Apple and Tesla espionage companies. They firmly believe that these companies will endanger their national security. Chinese people who don't even have privacy and security know that they can't provide foreigners with their own data. Why can you rest assured about your information? to the Chinese?

• lowendclientlowendclient Member
    edited May 2022

@SuperXP said:
    So you ask the Chinese are they willing to hand over their privacy to Apple or Tesla? They call Apple and Tesla espionage companies. They firmly believe that these companies will endanger their national security. Chinese people who don't even have privacy and security know that they can't provide foreigners with their own data. Why can you rest assured about your information? to the Chinese?

That's why Apple and Tesla in China has to put users' data on China's datacenter which can be audit by the government. Apple China is not Apple and Tesla China is not Tesla. People felt safe under government supervision. (Of course it's bullshit)

• @__no_preserve_root said:
    I've used aaPanel for a while when I was new to Linux. Now I just see it as a giant black box that is hard to audit, thus untrustworthy.

It's not a black box, all privacy regulations are clear:
    https://www.bt.cn/new/agreement_privacy.html

(Translated by Google)
    1.1 Information you provide to us:
    You may be required to provide us with your personal information, such as: your name, email address, mobile phone number, ID number, etc.
    1.2 The information we collect during your use of our products and services:
    You may be required to provide your mailing address, receipt/payment account number, etc.
    When necessary, we also collect information related to product use, such as IP address, cookies, location information, product manufacturer, product model, product unique identifiers, and device data.
    3.2 Information about service usage
    In addition to the information you provide, we may also collect information about your use of our services through the software in your device and other means. For example, we may collect:
    Device information—such as hardware model, mobile phone number, IMEI number and other unique device identifiers, MAC address, IP address, operating system version, and settings of the device used to access the Services.
    Log information—such as the time and duration of use of the Services, search query terms entered through the Services, and related information stored in cookies set on your device.
    Location information - such as information about your device's IP address, which may be transmitted to us when you use certain services.
    Additional information about your use of the Services, such as the applications you use, the websites you visit, and how you interact with content provided through the Services.

• @SuperXP said:
    The collection of user privacy information by these Chinese companies is required by the CCP, and you may face imprisonment if you do not collect information. This is not a joke or intimidation, because I often see people disappear in Chinese exchange forums, and after a few years this person will come forward and say that he has been imprisoned.

That's exactly what happened with aaPanel team. :D
    https://cloud.tencent.com/developer/news/718355

• SuperXPSuperXP Member

@lowendclient said:

@SuperXP said:
    The collection of user privacy information by these Chinese companies is required by the CCP, and you may face imprisonment if you do not collect information. This is not a joke or intimidation, because I often see people disappear in Chinese exchange forums, and after a few years this person will come forward and say that he has been imprisoned.

That's exactly what happened with aaPanel team. :D
    https://cloud.tencent.com/developer/news/718355

This happened a long time ago, what happened to aaPanel recently seems to be saving and uploading information about aaPanel users for public security censorship, starting a business in China requires political censorship which makes it difficult for my business to develop in China, but Alipay And WeChat seems to care about the international market, they have open APIs for foreigners to make it easier for foreigners to use their products.

Thanked by 1lowendclient