Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Opinions on aaPanel?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Opinions on aaPanel?

Opinions on aaPanel? especially its security? is it a good free panel and if not, what's better in your opinion?

Opinions on aaPanel?
  1. Opinions on aaPanel?115 votes
    1. Awesome!
      18.26%
    2. Not good, not bad
      40.00%
    3. Stay away!
      41.74%

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Needs more ‘a’s

Thanked by 1DP
  • best panel.

what security?

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

I do use it for some of my websites, I enjoy its simple layout and wide compatibility (including with ARM).

Thanked by 1jason5545
  • It's ok, no apparent flaws, the ui is simple but quite handy, i would recommend hestia panel if you need something more elegant, I used both of them.

• aaPanel have easy panel to navigate and installation not so hard, but for real project I'd like more use directadmin for panel, some provider here give license for free as long your buy their VPS.

• emghemgh Member

I think CyberPanel looks sleeker but that's a personal opinion of course.

Thanked by 2jason5545 HostMayo
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited April 2022

A backdoor to China? Not worth the risk, without a rack911 report, IMHO.

• taizitaizi Member

yes,best panel, easy to use
    but it is a Chinese panel

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • LisoLiso Member

Never heard that.

• gianggiang Veteran

@AlwaysSkint said:
    A backdoor to China? Not worth the risk, without a rack911 report, IMHO.

What risk? I heard a lot about Chinese products but only US products are gathering and selling useúe data.

Thanked by 1TODO
  • @giang said: What risk?

Not arguing my case: expressing my opinion, as requested.

• O0oooO0ooo Member

:) user-friendly for beginners

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • Try using DirectAdmin instead, from experience panels are quite insecure and you want to use known ones that have lasted for a while like DA.

• desperanddesperand Member
    edited April 2022

@Caspooor said: especially its security?

tbh, vestaCP one of the most insecure panels i've ever seen, the awful side about vesta, that the panel pretty damn awesome, and most of the security issues just misconfiguration or working in hurry, really stupid bugs with extremely big consequences.

The same related to cyberPanel.

Right now most stable as far as i see hestiaCP... But not sure yet about the panel...

• Good panel, lot of options. But, the logs management is quite tricky.

• Best nginx panel, pretty simple to install nginx modules like pagespeed, brotli for example. PersonaIly I setup all my site through aapanel ui and then turn it off when not in use with bt command

• @labrax said:
    and then turn it off when not in use with bt command

Why is that?

• @Caspooor said:

@labrax said:
    and then turn it off when not in use with bt command

Why is that?

for security and more free ram purpose

Thanked by 1Caspooor
  • Hestia panel. Its free, but you should give them a nice donation. Great support on discourse

• Does Directadmin populate dns for you when you add a a domain?

• centos web panel is good

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • qebaqeba Member

good panel, just block all the Chinese network in and out.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@melp57 said:
    Does Directadmin populate dns for you when you add a a domain?

Yes. It creates the zone and records for the domain, and in our case pushes it out to our nameserver cluster with ease. DA is pretty awesome and easy to customize.

• raviravi Member

Looks very cool and impressive. Easy to setup and use. I have tried few times.
    But finally I decided to drop it for security reasons.

• fastpanel ... better than aapanel ?

• @kesurupan said:
    fastpanel ... better than aapanel ?

maybe faster xD

• sandozsandoz Veteran

@desperand said:

tbh, vestaCP one of the most insecure panels i've ever seen, the awful side about vesta, that the panel pretty damn awesome, and most of the security issues just misconfiguration or working in hurry, really stupid bugs with extremely big consequences.

Right now most stable as far as i see hestiaCP... But not sure yet about the panel...

Why not report that to them? At least Cyberpanel was been audited... And always Open to receive feedback about their vulnerabilities.

I wondering why you don't report? If you find it, report. Then if you don't want to report how it can be solved? Is a little dirty talking about that.

VestaCP is Open source why you don't do your own Fork with VestaCP and fixs all issues? Then make a paid version? Just in case...

And what is your opinion about Keyhelp Control panel security?

• labraxlabrax Member

@sandoz said:

@desperand said:

Why not report that to them? At least Cyberpanel was been audited... And always Open to receive feedback about their vulnerabilities.

If youre looking at the version its a year old version that already been patched

• I highly recommend aaPanel. It's an excellent web shell that also happens to include a control panel.