Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MaxKVM RIP?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MaxKVM RIP?

All services are gone, their own site doesnt even work anymore
https://www.maxkvm.com/

0 Notice from company about the outrage, and impossible to get in contact. Luckily I backed everything up, so no lost data but this is extremely concerning

Comments

• @MaxKVM reply?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Fuck me

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Mistik said:
    Luckily I backed everything up, so no lost data but this is extremely concerning

It’s lucky that you did the thing that you’re supposed to do with important data?

Lucky?

Really?

• emghemgh Member

@Nekki said:

@Mistik said:
    Luckily I backed everything up, so no lost data but this is extremely concerning

It’s lucky that you did the thing that you’re supposed to do with important data?

Lucky?

Really?

backup, thx

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@Mistik said:

Lucky?

Really?

backup, thx

Sir, please direct me to the backup button on your panel, I cannot locate it.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • ErisaErisa Member

@Nekki said:
    Fuck me

If you insist...

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Erisa said:

@Nekki said:
    Fuck me

If you insist...

I’ve been a bad girl, I deserve it.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • Love that @MaxKVM liked some posts.

Thanked by 1RickBakkr
  • emghemgh Member

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@Mistik said:

Lucky?

Really?

backup, thx

Backup needed if provider mentions RAID?

• ErisaErisa Member

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@Mistik said:

Lucky?

Really?

backup, thx

RAID is not a backup.

So.. yes.

Thanked by 2WebProject Daniel15
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@Mistik said:

Lucky?

Really?

backup, thx

LOL, not sure if that is you being sarcastic or you really believe raid has anything to do with backups. you "stupid" ? :lol:

Thanked by 1miu
  • emghemgh Member

@Erisa said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@Mistik said:

Lucky?

Really?

backup, thx

RAID is not a backup.

So.. yes.

@Falzo said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@Mistik said:

Lucky?

Really?

backup, thx

LOL, not sure if that is you being sarcastic or you really believe raid has anything to do with backups. you "stupid" ? :lol:

You're both very wrong. Please research raid ...

• ErisaErisa Member

@emgh said: You're both very wrong. Please research raid ...

Sure, my research lead me to https://www.raidisnotabackup.com/

Could you explain why you think it's not true?

• VoidVoid Member

@emgh said:

@Erisa said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@Mistik said:

Lucky?

Really?

backup, thx

RAID is not a backup.

So.. yes.

@Falzo said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@Mistik said:

Lucky?

Really?

backup, thx

”research my tits”
    ~Nekki

• @Nekki said:
    Fuck me

promise?

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited April 2022

@emgh said:

ah, yeah, sorry I am totally new to the concept of raid...

@emgh said:

why this was a question then?

@Falzo said

I am afraid the latter it is then.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@Mistik said:

Lucky?

Really?

backup, thx

Absolutely. RAID helps you sleep a little more soundly knowing there’s an additional layer of resilience, but without multiple redundant backups, you ain’t sleeping all night.

• @emgh said:

backup is not currently a priority.

if there's deadpool, backup is nothing.
    if there's coming-back, clients don't need a backup. waiting then is what we can do.

it's transparency what has happened we should put to the top list and we may know what we should do.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@Nekki said: Absolutely. RAID helps you sleep a little more soundly knowing there’s an additional layer of resilience, but without multiple redundant backups, you ain’t sleeping all night.

RAID 0 is the best backup evvaaaarr!! ;-)

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • AstroAstro Member

@jmaxwell said:

@emgh said:

@Erisa said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@Mistik said:

Lucky?

Really?

backup, thx

RAID is not a backup.

So.. yes.

@Falzo said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@Mistik said:

Lucky?

Really?

backup, thx

”research my tits”
    ~Nekki

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@jmaxwell said:

@emgh said:

@Erisa said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@Mistik said:

Lucky?

Really?

backup, thx

RAID is not a backup.

So.. yes.

@Falzo said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@Mistik said:

Lucky?

Really?

backup, thx

”research my tits”
    ~Nekki

I really hope I said this previously. If I didn’t, you’re the new Nekki and I will leave LET.

@budi1413 said:

@Nekki said:
    Fuck me

promise?

Sure, but you’re buying me Taco Bell first and dealing with the consequences.

• emghemgh Member

I just did my own research and my conclusion is that raid is similar to off-shore backups in availability.

Thanked by 2Falzo brejski
  • VoidVoid Member
    edited April 2022

@Nekki said:

@jmaxwell said:

@emgh said:

@Erisa said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@Mistik said:

Lucky?

Really?

backup, thx

RAID is not a backup.

So.. yes.

@Falzo said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@Mistik said:

Lucky?

Really?

backup, thx

”research my tits”
    ~Nekki

I really hope I said this previously. If I didn’t, you’re the new Nekki and I will leave LET.

Not sure but i felt you would say something like that.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@emgh said:
    I just did my own research and my conclusion is that raid is similar to off-shore backups in availability.

you're doing better than @deank here ... well played, really got me!

• @emgh this is the only Backup you need - yoloraid.com

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@emgh said:

Here is the question - can you afford to wait for the provider to recover the data, in the event of a drive or controller failure? This is the key difference - if you have a proper backup strategy, you are a configuration or DNS change away from restoring service. Recovering a RAID array due to a busted controller could take days.

• emghemgh Member

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

Here is the question - can you afford to wait for the provider to recover the data, in the event of a drive or controller failure? This is the key difference - if you have a proper backup strategy, you are a configuration or DNS change away from restoring service. Recovering a RAID array due to a busted controller could take days.

When using RAID data is stored on multiple drives, thus no need for complication.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited April 2022

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

When using RAID data is stored on multiple drives, thus no need for complication.

a) that doesn’t address the recovery time question and b) multiple drives makes no difference if the RAID controller fails, the array is then ‘lost’ in practical terms and unusable until is it rebuilt (if rebuilding succeeds).

• isunbejoisunbejo Member
    edited April 2022

@Mistik said:
    All services are gone, their own site doesnt even work anymore
    https://www.maxkvm.com/

0 Notice from company about the outrage, and impossible to get in contact. Luckily I backed everything up, so no lost data but this is extremely concerning

Offline:
    maxkvm.com
    cloud.maxkvm.com

Online:
    manage.maxkvm.com (host on linode)