Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MaxKVM RIP? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MaxKVM RIP?

Comments

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Erisa said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@Mistik said:
    Luckily I backed everything up, so no lost data but this is extremely concerning

It’s lucky that you did the thing that you’re supposed to do with important data?

Lucky?

Really?

backup, thx

Sir, please direct me to the backup button on your panel, I cannot locate it.

Backup needed if provider mentions RAID?

RAID is not a backup.

So.. yes.

Not on LET as everyone have balls to use provider RAID as backup and you need to live on the edge to have fun!!! 😂😂😂😂

• emghemgh Member

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:
    I just did my own research and my conclusion is that raid is similar to off-shore backups in availability.

Here is the question - can you afford to wait for the provider to recover the data, in the event of a drive or controller failure? This is the key difference - if you have a proper backup strategy, you are a configuration or DNS change away from restoring service. Recovering a RAID array due to a busted controller could take days.

When using RAID data is stored on multiple drives, thus no need for complication.

a) that doesn’t address the recovery time question and b) multiple drives makes no difference if the RAID controller fails, the array is then ‘lost’ in practical terms and unusable until is it rebuilt (if rebuilding succeeds).

Obviously the RAID controller has to be in the RAID too and thus hosted on several drives. Nothing to fail.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2022

@emgh said:
    I just did my own research and my conclusion is...
    Obviously the RAID controller has to be in the RAID too and thus hosted on several drives. Nothing to fail.

You need to go back and redo your own research because so far everything you've posted on this is wrong.

• emghemgh Member

@jackb said:

@emgh said:
    I just did my own research and my conclusion is...

You need to go back and redo your own research because so far everything you've posted on this is wrong.

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=what+is+raid?

• Everyone, you are getting trolled hard by @emgh without realizing it.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@NoComment said:
    Everyone, you are getting trolled hard by @emgh without realizing it.

HARD

• Should I raid you ?

• tmepytmepy Member

@Nekki said:

@Mistik said:
    Luckily I backed everything up, so no lost data but this is extremely concerning

It’s lucky that you did the thing that you’re supposed to do with important data?

Lucky?

Really?

Dude, he means it was lucky he backed it up recently. You can't expect to backup every fucking single second of updated data can you? He means he was lucky that nothing that was new and very important was not backed up before the machine died

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@Mistik said:

Lucky?

Really?

Dude, he means it was lucky he backed it up recently. You can't expect to backup every fucking single second of updated data can you? He means he was lucky that nothing that was new and very important was not backed up before the machine died

Dude, you need to stop taking life so seriously.

I still haven’t forgiven you for referring to forum posts as ‘tweets’, just so you know. You actually made me vomit in my own mouth.

• tmepytmepy Member
    edited April 2022

@Nekki said:

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@Mistik said:

Lucky?

Really?

I still haven’t forgiven you for referring to forum posts as ‘tweets’, just so you know. You actually made me vomit in my own mouth.

I do not even use twitter :joy:
    Also, yes I am new to forums so expect some mistakes.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@Mistik said:

Lucky?

Really?

LET expects perfection immediately. Do not disappoint us.

Thanked by 1devp
  • tmepytmepy Member

@Nekki said:

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@Mistik said:

Lucky?

Really?

Looking forward to achieving it :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@Mistik said:

Lucky?

Really?

Vagina

• MurvMurv Member

@Nekki said: I’ve been a bad girl, I deserve it.

Did I just get cheated on!?

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • emghemgh Member

@Nekki said:

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@Mistik said:

Lucky?

Really?

Vagina

The above won't be achieved.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@Mistik said:

Lucky?

Really?

Vagina

Even if I make my own?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Murv said:

@Nekki said: I’ve been a bad girl, I deserve it.

Did I just get cheated on!?

You never call, you never write….

• VoidVoid Member

@Nekki said:

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@Mistik said:

Lucky?

Really?

Vagina

Double bandwidth too ?

• emghemgh Member

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@Mistik said:

Lucky?

Really?

Vagina

Even if I make my own?

That's an exception.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@jmaxwell said:

@Nekki said:

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@Mistik said:

Lucky?

Really?

Vagina

Double bandwidth too ?

DP-ready.

• MurvMurv Member

@Nekki said: You never call, you never write….

Guess I only have myself to blame
    Sh-sh-should I just let go?
    I'm afraid to let go

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Murv said:

I'm afraid to let go

I’m jizzing my pants for Chainsaw Man.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited April 2022

@Murv said:

I'm afraid to let go

I can't let go of my Getter Robo hentai collection.. even the backup is on RAID50 storage array. I'm sure that @Nekki would love to download some of that.

You can't even find some of that stuff anymore.

• MurvMurv Member

@Nekki said: I’m jizzing my pants for Chainsaw Man.

Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to that too. Some say the anime will be out this Fall.

So far the only seasonal anime I'm watching is SPYxFAMILY.
    Other than that I'm waiting for Fumetsu no Anata's second season...

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@stefeman said:

@Murv said:

I'm afraid to let go

I can't let go of my Getter Robo hentai collection.. even the backup is on RAID50 storage array. I'm sure that @Nekki would love to download some of that.

You can't even find some of that stuff anymore.

Sorry - Getter Robo hentai? You mean someone defiled Ken Ishikawa’s magnum opus by making it lewd?

But yet two of my favourite things ever are now combined into a potentially glorious whole.

I have extremely mixed feelings about this. I don’t think I’ve ever felt so conflicted.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Murv said:

@Nekki said: I’m jizzing my pants for Chainsaw Man.

Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to that too. Some say the anime will be out this Fall.

So far the only seasonal anime I'm watching is SPYxFAMILY.
    Other than that I'm waiting for Fumetsu no Anata's second season...

Yup, definitely be out in the autumn, I am pumped, I went into the manga with no preconceptions and was blown away, it was so fucking good, probably the best thing I’ve read since Warren Ellis’ Planetary.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@Nekki said: probably the best thing I’ve read since Warren Ellis’ Planetary.

So when I see Nekki post what I think is a book that he has read followed by
    "probably the best thing I’ve read since ..."
    I am intrigued, as I am always looking for a good book to read. Then I find out
    Warren Ellis’ Planetary is a comic book and start slowly shaking my head and think. I should have known to stick to Nekki's recommendations for English comedy TV shows, which by the way have been very good. :wink:

Thanked by 1devp
  • raviravi Member

@isunbejo said:

Offline:
    maxkvm.com
    cloud.maxkvm.com

Online:
    manage.maxkvm.com (host on linode)

maxkvm.com is online at my end.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited April 2022

@FrankZ said:

@Nekki said: probably the best thing I’ve read since Warren Ellis’ Planetary.

So when I see Nekki post what I think is a book that he has read followed by
    "probably the best thing I’ve read since ..."
    I am intrigued, as I am always looking for a good book to read. Then I find out
    Warren Ellis’ Planetary is a comic book and start slowly shaking my head and think. I should have known to stick to Nekki's recommendations for English comedy TV shows, which by the way have been very good. :wink:

Planetary is very special. It’s not like your average comic book. It’s a work of art produced by an amazing team over the course of many, many years. It’s not your typical Marvel or DC trash. Someone else put me on to it, I was sceptical, but in the end, blown away. I re-read it every year it’s that good.

Have an open mind, give it a go.

But if you’re really only interested in books, I recommend ‘Don’t Point That Thing at Me’ by Kyril Bonfiglioli, or anything from Robert Rankin’s Necromonicon series.

Thanked by 2devp skorous
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran

Fair enough. I am fairly open minded, and your recommendations have been very good so far. :smile:

Thanked by 1Nekki