Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please help me find the three best Low End Drama threads from Low End Talk history. Thank you! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Please help me find the three best Low End Drama threads from Low End Talk history. Thank you!

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Offshore_Solutions said:

@miau said:
    The lizard has recently decided to admit it.

He forgot that he said this two years ago. To be fair to him, I acknowledge lizards have short memory so, yeah.

My goodness! You found the smoking gun that Dustin was involved in AlphaRacks! If he admitted it once, why doesn't he hold to the truth? Liability?

And there's still a few crazy 🤪 members here that help him deny it.

No - he denied involvement originally, then earlier this month he admitted that he was part of it. I’m guessing at this point he feels secure enough that admitting his part in what went on won’t hurt him in an meaningful way.

• I think the LET Joshua Prout saga would make a good Netflix miniseries

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

Hello!

Happy Easter to those who celebrate it and also to those who don't!

Thanks to everyone who has helped me by commenting! Thanks especially to those who have provided links!

A few notes:

• To consider whether publication of this proposed, possible LEB article might go against the interest of the site's owner, please see Low End Editorial: Freedom of speech on Low End Talk reveals the truth about our beautiful Low End!

• I also had imagined there might be somewhat of a community consensus on the first, second, and third most dramatic threads ever. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not detecting emerging consensus. Will a consensus emerge so that the consensus can become the basis for the proposed, possible LEB article?

• There is a particular item which seems perhaps not to have been mentioned yet. I had imagined this particular topic might be a clear first on the list! But perhaps not. For now I will avoid saying what the item is because I don't want to inject my imagination into hopefully a somewhat objective determination of the community consensus. However, might there be an item which has been missed?

Thanks again for your help!

Best wishes and kindest regards,

Tom

• edited April 2022

@Nekki said:

@Offshore_Solutions said:

@miau said:
    The lizard has recently decided to admit it.

He forgot that he said this two years ago. To be fair to him, I acknowledge lizards have short memory so, yeah.

My goodness! You found the smoking gun that Dustin was involved in AlphaRacks! If he admitted it once, why doesn't he hold to the truth? Liability?

And there's still a few crazy 🤪 members here that help him deny it.

No - he denied involvement originally, then earlier this month he admitted that he was part of it. I’m guessing at this point he feels secure enough that admitting his part in what went on won’t hurt him in an meaningful way.

Oh I see, thank you @Nekki.

HAS ANYONE MENTIONED the Vietnamese owner of Green Leaf Servers? (Can't remember exactly the name?) When he was a teenager, he lived 20 miles from my house, although I never met him.

For the record, I support redemption, 2nd chances, & support @dustinc if he has apologized & operates ethically today. I would buy his hosting, I just didn't enjoy his previous denials. Real men admit, apologize & turn things around. Sounds like he has finally chosen that higher path 👏

• @jackb said:

@FrankZ said:
    Search For Johnny Nuggets and Green Valley Host there are some classics there. I'll try and dig one up and post it.

Remember when he got his (very young) sister to do VM migrations for him?

Apparently there's a game show in Asia that has 2-year olds do adult tasks like go to the grocery store... by themselves.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @yoursunny said:

@CheepCluck said:
    Find me a burrito that doesn't taste like a wash cloth and I got you what you need, pal.

Anita Street Market, ask for double wrapped burrito.

If you have to double wrap your burrito, your burrito is too small.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@TimboJones said:

@yoursunny said:

@CheepCluck said:
    Find me a burrito that doesn't taste like a wash cloth and I got you what you need, pal.

Anita Street Market, ask for double wrapped burrito.

If you have to double wrap your burrito, your burrito is too small.

No.
    Anita Street Market serves one of the best tortillas.
    To savor more of that tortilla, locals order double wrapped burros.

• @Not_Oles said:
    Hello!

Thanks to everyone who has helped me by commenting! Thanks especially to those who have provided links!

A few notes:

• To consider whether publication of this proposed, possible LEB article might go against the interest of the site's owner, please see Low End Editorial: Freedom of speech on Low End Talk reveals the truth about our beautiful Low End!

• I also had imagined there might be somewhat of a community consensus on the first, second, and third most dramatic threads ever. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not detecting emerging consensus. Will a consensus emerge so that the consensus can become the basis for the proposed, possible LEB article?

• There is a particular item which seems perhaps not to have been mentioned yet. I had imagined this particular topic might be a clear first on the list! But perhaps not. For now I will avoid saying what the item is because I don't want to inject my imagination into hopefully a somewhat objective determination of the community consensus. However, might there be an item which has been missed?

Tom

In my opinion since you are paid to write articles for the site you should always keep the sites interest in mind, especially when openly crowdsourcing your job like this.

I couldn't imagine why forum drama needs to be put on LEB if the goal is to funnel in new visitors from LEB to LET for ad viewing and purchasing from the marketplace here.

You should in my opinion focus your efforts on technical posts for LEB, leave the drama shit up to raindog for his videos.

Thanked by 4Nekki FrankZ zed adly
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited April 2022

the top best drama of all time is still brewing. its like showing the finger to all previous dramas.

millions

engagement

poww

Thanked by 1zed
  • HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited April 2022

@Nekki said:
    In no order:

• BuyVM vs CVPS - childcare, basements and shithousery
    • The tale of SZ1 - from well mannered newbie to psychotic hatred of mpkossen
    • UGVPS - Crystal is Thomas Dale?
    • The great LET hack - wait, ColoCrossing are in charge?
    • GVH - the tale of nuggets

I don't understand why you want to put a series of articles on LET that show LET at its absolute worst.

Lord. UGVPS was something I totally blocked out in my mind.

@Not_Oles said:
    Hello!

A few notes:

Tom

My recommendation is to request a hard no and steer clear of this. This is low-hanging content that won't help the site in any way and will only bring up the dirt and bullshit people on this thread have already gone through. It makes LE* look bad and does not help with anything. I know you weren't here "during those times" and you might not see it as that big of a thing, but you're also not helping the site grow by digging up old dirt that happened here.

If you do decide to go with it, then I'm sorry but I'm 100% certain you will not capture the full impact or even a proper summary of what's happened.

This direction is a high-risk/low-reward article. It's not worth it. Also crowdsourcing these things... Mate might be worth just doing your own digging on it.

Thanked by 2Nekki jsg
  • darbdarb Member

There was large drama a few years ago; as I recall ana_lingus was taking and not reciprocating which upset a great number of active members and many a forked tongue was lashing out.

I tried a quick search on the forums, but nothing readily came up in the results; you may need to expand your search with google. It could be another case of deletiion, but people dont forget.

• kzedkzed Member

For me, the biggest LET drama was when the community got betrayed by it's own Admin (not LEA, i forgot who was it) by selling the forum to Colocrossing silently. Back then, LET was supposed to be community owned forum.

• @darb said:
    There was large drama a few years ago; as I recall ana_lingus was taking and not reciprocating which upset a great number of active members and many a forked tongue was lashing out.

This might be the dirtiest thing I've read on LET. Anyone wanna name their band "Forked Tongue Analingus"?

• @dahartigan said:
    I couldn't imagine why forum drama needs to be put on LEB if the goal is to funnel in new visitors from LEB to LET for ad viewing and purchasing from the marketplace here.

You should in my opinion focus your efforts on technical posts for LEB, leave the drama shit up to raindog for his videos.

Of course the drama threads will draw viewers. That's what it does. Technical articles may only apply to specific interests but drama will apply to a lot more people.

My beef is that these fuckers will necro half a dozen threads.

• @TimboJones said: Of course the drama threads will draw viewers

Do you really think that people from outside this community give two shits about some low grade internet drama?

Thanked by 2tjn BlaZe
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@dahartigan said:

@TimboJones said: Of course the drama threads will draw viewers

Do you really think that people from outside this community give two shits about some low grade internet drama?

To be fair, it’s pretty good drama - loads of stuff that’s borderline criminal (some that is literally criminal), and just good old fashioned shithousery. What’s not to love?

• LeeLee Veteran

@kzed said: when the community got betrayed by it's own Admin (not LEA, i forgot who was it)

It was @Chief

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Lee said:

@kzed said: when the community got betrayed by it's own Admin (not LEA, i forgot who was it)

It was @Chief

@chief was just a front for @jbiloh/ColoCrossing, wasn’t he?

• @Nekki said:

@dahartigan said:

To be fair, it’s pretty good drama - loads of stuff that’s borderline criminal (some that is literally criminal), and just good old fashioned shithousery. What’s not to love?

Okay, I'll give you that one. The HostMayo nonce thread was definitely a good one. I still think that there was no compromised account, etc. Mayo just straight up fucked up and backpeddled.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • LeeLee Veteran

@Nekki said: @chief was just a front for @jbiloh/ColoCrossing, wasn’t he?

Eventually yes, but LEA trusted him enough to hand it all over in the first place. Not sure whether it was Chief that decided to profit from a sale and Biloh showed interest or if it was Biloh that approached him.

• @dahartigan said:

Have you met the Internet?

• @TimboJones said:

@dahartigan said:

Have you met the Internet?

I am vaguely familiar with that word..

• LeeLee Veteran

Had a quick look at LEB, those articles stink of justifying a wage. They are all over the place, with no consistency and little relevance.

• @Lee said:
    Had a quick look at LEB, those articles stink of justifying a wage. They are all over the place, with no consistency and little relevance.

Way to whip your dick out and just push everything off the table with it.

I 100% agree. But your post there is just Big Dick Energy.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @HalfEatenPie said:

@Lee said:

Way to whip your dick out and just push everything off the table with it.

I 100% agree. But your post there is just Big Dick Energy.

I'm with you on this, @Lee took out his massive cock and cleared the table with it. I don't usually find myself in agreement with @Lee, but I do share his sentiment this time.

My take on the topic is that I can't help but think what Lee's saying every time I see a new thread from LET's "content creators" - it just seems too forced and unnatural. Almost scraping the bottom of the barrel for content, using drama as a topic for an article time and time again.

I personally think @jbiloh could have saved himself some money AND raised the bar a little higher when it came to selecting his "content creators" but that's just 1 opinion of many.

Thanked by 2adly Lee
  • vedranvedran Veteran

When LEA decided to leave this place I believe he originally wanted to give it to the community (in a similar way @AnthonySmith did with OGF). But I strongly believe @Joel aka @Chief offered him some money and he couldn't refuse that.

Colocrossing bought it from Joel at some point and tried to hide it by pretending Joel is still in charge. After a while it became apparent something shady is happening, and then the infamous hack happened which confirmed everyone's suspicions.

Those events permanently changed Biloh, he realized lying is bad and decided to be more honest going forward ;)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@vedran said:

Those events permanently changed Biloh, he realized lying is bad and decided to be more honest going forward ;)

Ha.

Thanked by 2james50a WSWD
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited April 2022

@dahartigan said: every time I see a new thread from LET's "content creators" - it just seems too forced and unnatural.

This is all I saw. When I looked down through the content I just couldn't understand the relevance or why. To be fair @raindog308 is a competent technical writer for hosting related topics but comparisons of notes software, is social media a failed experiment, why? But, they were still well written. @Not_Oles is not a technical person from what I can see and he seems to be struggling to find any good, well-written content full stop.

And there is a new article by @raindog308 about a RAMdisk, see, relevant and I even spent time to read it. Interesting, relevant content.

It's a hosting forum, that is what people are going to be interested in and will go to LEB to read.

Thanked by 3dahartigan adly BlaZe
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Lee said:

@dahartigan said: every time I see a new thread from LET's "content creators" - it just seems too forced and unnatural.

This is all I saw. When I looked down through the content I just couldn't understand the relevance or why. To be fair @raindog308 is a competent technical writer for hosting related topics but comparisons of notes software, is social media a failed experiment, why? But, they were still well written. @Not_Oles is not a technical person from what I can see and he seems to be struggling to find any good, well-written content full stop.

And there is a new article by @raindog308 about a RAMdisk, see, relevant and I even spent time to read it. Interesting, relevant content.

It's a hosting forum, that is what people are going to be interested in and will go to LEB to read.

Glad you found some of the content useful.

The intention is to create a large drag net to bring new users to LET and LEB from a variety of different verticals. We are still perfecting the approach.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@jbiloh said:

@Lee said:

Glad you found some of the content useful.

That is not what he said.

I get it now, I’ve seen this before. It’s the RDF.

Thanked by 4Lee adly WSWD dahartigan