Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Providers that have IPv6 by default? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Providers that have IPv6 by default?

13»

Comments

• @zed said:
    ah hadn't thought of that. i just noticed another one giving 10 ip6, how do you use a "provider" that doesn't know basics like /64 minimum?

honest if you can't "provide" a /64 i'd rather you didn't mention ip6 at all and i'll just tunnel.

For example, OVH resellers only get one /64 per dedi, so they need to divide it up. This is why I try not to use resellers.

Thanked by 1zed
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited May 2022

@LiliLabs said:

@zed said:
    flurry of recent providers providing a single ip6 address, or annoying subnets (/112 etc), what's up with that?

A lot of "providers" are just reselling dedicated servers from actual hosting companies, and most of those will only give a /64 so they have to get creative.

Good dedicated server providers will let you get a /48, then each VPS can get a /64. Some VPSes providers like BuyVM even provide a routed /48 per VPS on request. Not all providers are "good" though :tongue:

I'd guess that all those providers supplying a single IPv6 or /112 don't actually own/rent the IP range, and would have to change the IP of your VPS if they ever have to migrate it to a different server.

Thanked by 1zed
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Daniel15 said:

@LiliLabs said:

@zed said:
    flurry of recent providers providing a single ip6 address, or annoying subnets (/112 etc), what's up with that?

A lot of "providers" are just reselling dedicated servers from actual hosting companies, and most of those will only give a /64 so they have to get creative.

Good dedicated server providers will give you a /48, then each VPS can get a /64. Some VPSes providers like BuyVM even provide a routed /48 per VPS on request.

Not all providers are "good" though :tongue:

Don’t even have to “request” it. Stallion has it built in.

Francisco

Thanked by 1zed
  • gzzgzz Member

@dane_doherty said:
    First thing I do on every system is disable IPv6. Any reason to keep it on, to be honest?

ipv6 > ipv4

• jayjayjayjay Member, Host Rep

MLNL.Host offers IPv6 by default on pretty much every order - it's setup instantly along with the VM and the welcome email includes the subnet.

• hostikohostiko Member, Host Rep

hostiko.com.ua provides /64 IPv6 for each VPS by default

• @jayjay said:
    MLNL.Host offers IPv6 by default on pretty much every order - it's setup instantly along with the VM and the welcome email includes the subnet.

Have you started providing IPv6 in the UK locations?

I asked on July 6th and I have been told not yet.

• I tried my best to setup IPv6 on some of my services but it's quite difficult to test because I don't have access to an internet connection that has v6 enabled short of installing a GUI and Firefox on a VPS somewhere.

• SiliCloudSiliCloud Member, Patron Provider, LIR
    edited August 2022

Haha. Good question. SiliCloud support IPv4 and IPv6 by default. Hope you enjoy it.

• gzzgzz Member

@bluehairminerboy said:
    I tried my best to setup IPv6 on some of my services but it's quite difficult to test because I don't have access to an internet connection that has v6 enabled short of installing a GUI and Firefox on a VPS somewhere.

Mullvad VPN $5 monthly, when connected you get an IPV6 address if enabled in settings. :)

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@bluehairminerboy said:
    I tried my best to setup IPv6 on some of my services but it's quite difficult to test because I don't have access to an internet connection that has v6 enabled short of installing a GUI and Firefox on a VPS somewhere.

Run curl -6 on a VPS.
    No need to install Firefox.

• @yoursunny said:

@bluehairminerboy said:

Run curl -6 on a VPS.
    No need to install Firefox.

True, but then I can't test stuff like logins etc. I'll try with a VPN

• xmsxms Member

@gzz said:

@bluehairminerboy said:

Mullvad VPN $5 monthly, when connected you get an IPV6 address if enabled in settings. :)

Cloudflare Warp provides IPv6 for free.

Thanked by 1gzz
  • @xms said:

@gzz said:

@bluehairminerboy said:

Cloudflare Warp provides IPv6 for free.

I already have a Mullvad sub - didn't realise they did v6.

Thanked by 2gzz xms
  • v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

@cybertech Thank you for the mention!

Feel free to have a look if you're fine with IPv6 only + NAT64/DNS64

All nodes come with a /64 IPv6 by default
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/180586/v6node-com-ipv6-only-kvm-nodes-starting-at-4-5-year/p1

• jayjayjayjay Member, Host Rep

@imgmoney said:

@jayjay said:

Have you started providing IPv6 in the UK locations?

I asked on July 6th and I have been told not yet.

Working on it now, will let you know once it's up and running

• @bluehairminerboy said:

https://tunnelbroker.net/

• @rcy026 said:

@bluehairminerboy said:

I tried setting this up, had lots of weird issues on my network with websites not loading and the TV STBs we have flat out just don't work at all if this is enabled.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@bluehairminerboy said:

@rcy026 said:

@bluehairminerboy said:

I tried setting this up, had lots of weird issues on my network with websites not loading and the TV STBs we have flat out just don't work at all if this is enabled.

In addition to HE's TB, there's also https://route48.org by @Zappie and @Cloudie.

Thanked by 1Cloudie
  • @bluehairminerboy said:

@rcy026 said:

@bluehairminerboy said:

Well, you should only route IPv6 traffic trough the tunnel. Some TV STB's do not work over IPv6 so if you simply send everything over IPv6 stuff will break.
    I've been running a HE tunnel at home for 10 years or something, and everything works just fine.