Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your best uptime provider? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's your best uptime provider?

Comments

• SSD Nodes

Thanked by 1sonic
  • System uptime is totally irrelevant, a high system uptime could even be a sign of neglect.
    Service uptime on the other hand is what matters.

Thanked by 2sonic OhJohn
  • tomletomle Member, LIR

My Raspberry Pi hosted with Edis :)

Thanked by 1sonic
  • jahrincjahrinc Member
    edited March 2022

Upcloud

3dd33224322ef20fcd252906ef02ece0.png

Set this up last march, forgot I had it :lol:

Thanked by 3sonic UpCloud brejski
  • Vultr
    09:55:13 up 652 days, 20:12, 2 users, load average: 0.03, 0.02, 0.00

Thanked by 1sonic
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited March 2022

Do you mean "uptime" as in the system just running, or uptime as in consistently accessible over the network (e.g. monitored by HetrixTools, UptimeRobot, etc)?

One of my UptimeRobot monitors (for a BuyVM server) has been up for 14 months, since January 2021. That server had an uptime of around two years until I rebooted it last week, but there was a ~15 minute network outage in January last year so the monitoring shows it as "only" being up for a year.

Thanked by 1sonic
  • kdhkdh Member

For the "uptime" and stability for my system running, of course this goes for AWS and Google Cloud Platform (+ Oracle Cloud I guess)

But for the service, I'll pick OVH since I had no downtimes using their server.

• Kimsufi and racknerd have been flawless for me.

Thanked by 1TimRoo
  • AWS & Vultr
    I have solid uptime with both provider

• GCP
    Time4VPS

• Mine is a linode server in Fremont

07:48:02 up 595 days, 1:13, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.00

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

If we get some more comments on this we would consider cross publishing an article about it on LowEndBox.

Let's hear some more uptime details! :)

@raindog308 @Not_Oles

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • MichSMichS Member

@Kousaka said:
    Mine is a linode server in Fremont

Wow, almost 600 days... What OS you use? Don't you need to update the kernel and reboot sometimes?

• @MichS said:

@Kousaka said:
    Mine is a linode server in Fremont

Wow, almost 600 days... What OS you use? Don't you need to update the kernel and reboot sometimes?

It’s Debian 10. There’s nothing important on it and I do want to see how long it can keep up. I’m hoping it can last 1000 days or so.

Thanked by 1MichS
  • pikepike Veteran

Clouvider and PHP-Friends

• Webhost1

• ralfralf Member

OVH. My KS-01 has been happily running for over 8 years with no power interruptions and no network outages that I know of. I even neglected it for a while and forgot to upgrade its OS as it was running quite happily as it was, and next thing I knew its uptime was well over 1000 days!

• maybe Liteserver

• HostHatch & VirMach

• OVH. KS-01, also running for over 8 years without any issues.

• Old Kimsufi KS-4 (i5 processor, 16GB RAM, OVH Canada).
    Uptime 876 days (and counting...)

• I have 2 aruba cloud VPS in France at 633 days, up to 99.9904% according to hetrixtool!

• Has to be OVH as I got dedicated servers with them that shows over 450 days of uptime, from external sources to.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Wouldn’t know, I reboot after kernel updates.

• You guys don't turn your servers off when you go to sleep to keep them away from hackers??

• brejskibrejski Member

Hard to say, because every month I reboot servers after updates (including kernel), but I have never had problems with:
    1. Oracle Cloud
    2. Hetzner
    3. NetCup.

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

I reboot fairly regularly for updates and the like, but if you remove any downtime that is self-inflicted - OVH by a landslide.

Hetzner is a runner up, but I have had some Hetzner-caused downtime. ColoCrossing (via Virmach) has had no issues for me so far, but not quite got the same service length as I do with the others.

Years ago I had a VM with NFOServers that had probably over 5 years of availability. That was pretty nice.

• ralfralf Member
    edited May 2022

(deleted - I realised I already replied to this thread a month ago!)

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

letbox
    11:10:13 up 299 days, 37 min

• sotssots Member

Simply use AWS, Azure, GCP or Oracle OCI and you'll get the best SLA you want