Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Review] PulsedMedia dishonest service - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Review] PulsedMedia dishonest service

Comments

• FalzoFalzo Member

@cybertech said:

@dosai said:
    PM got banned from /r/seedboxes again

i guess his last resort would be to pay up the $100 invoice so all's good here at least

If you break it down, that's only four times per month randomly picking the wrong browser tab...

• @PulsedMedia said: That reply was actually made to wrong person and wrong ticket

In one case it was a unrevealable (read non-existent) fraud investigation
    In this one, wrong person wrong ticket...

I wonder how many hundreds more of this kind actually there are

• This guy has no shame to keep on lying... He even accused sanjue of photosopping tickets at first

• @PulsedMedia said: Also we added something like 1000 new customers,

Keep this up and you might lose them all and more soon...

Thanked by 1sgno1
  • One person posted about security vulnerability about PulsedMedia and got banned from their discord server and PulsedMedia account/WHMCS account deleted

https://old.reddit.com/r/seedboxes/comments/tcgq4k/psa_extremely_insecure_file_permissions_on/

• Dang, kind of feel weird knowing I have like 8 active services with them. Never really opened a ticket but the uptime has been 100% for like 20 months or so.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited March 2022

@deank said:
    Indeed, the 4 euro fee feels absurd.

At the same time, I am getting a feeling that PM just wants to get rid of those customers. Exiting lowend market is probably on their next agenda.

I don't mean this as an insult to PM or anything, but if they want to do that they really need to look at improving a lot of the infrastructure there. When I had an account the Web UI side of things was unusable a lot of times with multiple lock-ups and just general slugginess.

When I had things lock-up I just got told the same things that others got told in the other thread about "automation" not working correctly, or that nothing is wrong. Ended up moving to USB and never had a need to submit a ticket after being them > 6 months now.

edit: also didn't see if it was posted here, but;

https://old.reddit.com/r/seedboxes/comments/tc8ece/pulsedmedia_are_banned_from_this_subreddit_for/

• @ps20090 said:
    One person posted about security vulnerability about PulsedMedia and got banned from their discord server and PulsedMedia account/WHMCS account deleted

https://old.reddit.com/r/seedboxes/comments/tcgq4k/psa_extremely_insecure_file_permissions_on/

Those using PM as a storage/backup server should look at this.

• “Maybe if the OP paid them $4 they’d have fixed it” lol

• 4 is the new 7

• VoidVoid Member

@ps20090 said:
    One person posted about security vulnerability about PulsedMedia and got banned from their discord server and PulsedMedia account/WHMCS account deleted

It’s all for protecting your privacy, guys!! Don’t talk about security or vulnerabilities or any criticisms in general.

Thanked by 2o_be_one nulldev
  • Owner can't get off his high horse because he doesn't even realize he's riding one. ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

• How is it 0 day vulnerability when a customer reports security concern due to wrong directory permissions? That does not make sense.

• @jmgcaguicla said:
    Owner can't get off his high horse because he doesn't even realize he's riding one. ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

Privacy of customers is very important. Customers are apparently not?

Thanked by 2BlaZe tommmy
  • ChuckChuck Member

So who was at fault here?

• o_be_oneo_be_one Member
    edited March 2022

Seeing this whole shit show, i don't know, is it normal PulsedMedia keeps its "Provider" badge? I've seen some other providers loosing it for less.

@iKeyZ said: Ended up moving to USB and never had a need to submit a ticket after being them > 6 months now.

For the price they are really amazing! And modern, as well.

@Chuck said: So who was at fault here?

PulsedMedia, again.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • $4

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Wicked said:

@ps20090 said:

Those using PM as a storage/backup server should look at this.

I see.
    I considered cancelling HostHatch and saving backup on PulsedMedia together with the Wikipedia archives.
    Now I am giving up this idea.

I don't mind my family photos being visible to others because they are already world-readable on Facebook, but I don't like 23 neighbors poking in my garden either.

• seems like PM is PMSing worse than Hostdoc ever did

but still they are privacy focused, just not security savvy.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • umzakumzak Member

they need customer service employees who are more mature and patient in dealing with customers

• @o_be_one said:
    Seeing this whole shit show, i don't know, is it normal PulsedMedia keeps its "Provider" badge? I've seen some other providers loosing it for less.

100$ is 100$

• Toxic provider.
    slow scp speed but on other plan is OK. overselling most probably. the I/O sucks.
    Anyway, the 4 eur fee is absurd.
    LOL what a shame!

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • @xetsys said:
    Privacy of customers is very important. Customers are apparently not?

ICYMI, I was talking about PM.

I don't think anyone's buying the "we value the customer's privacy" gimmick; he's just trying to minimize releasing possibly incriminating info about how he handles the cases (also consider that he likes to boot people out when they air out his dirty laundry).

Mixed up browser tabs? Come the fuck on, my dog can make better excuses than that.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Folks, I've said it before, will say it again - PulsedMedia are your HostSolutions-type option in the Seedbox space. Very cheap for the resources you get, often works well, but in no-way prem. If you want prem, you pay more, potentially a lot more.

• @iKeyZ said:

@deank said:

At the same time, I am getting a feeling that PM just wants to get rid of those customers. Exiting lowend market is probably on their next agenda.

Ended up moving to USB and never had a need to submit a ticket after being them > 6 months now.

What does USB stand for, in that context?

• @HuangLee said:

@iKeyZ said:

@deank said:

Ended up moving to USB and never had a need to submit a ticket after being them > 6 months now.

Ultra.cc (ultra seedboxes) perhaps??

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • sezingsezing Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:
    Folks, I've said it before, will say it again - PulsedMedia are your HostSolutions-type option in the Seedbox space. Very cheap for the resources you get, often works well, but in no-way prem. If you want prem, you pay more, potentially a lot more.

Yes, If you pay less expect a problem in products not a problem for me. He mightn't hire someone for support to cut his costs. Thus, I expect late replies for our help tickets because we pay less but not an extra charge.

I don't accept being accused of spreading false information about his company or diverting the tickets by sharing only the part I am right. In our country, we have a saying we always use: Customers are always right.

If your Customer is not satisfied you admit it and refund it. Even if you are right. (This is not the case with him.)

If you are wrong and not accepting it by spouting false information about your customer on forums to look yourself right.

He never admits he is wrong and apologizes for his mistakes. I am happy with his product price overall. I get what I paid for in terms of product but not about his service towards his customers.

I think the price is not related to this problem. Even if we pay a lot more, we would have faced the same manner. He doesn't care about his customers.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Sanjue007 said:

@HuangLee said:

@iKeyZ said:

@deank said:

Ultra.cc (ultra seedboxes) perhaps??

Indeed, UltraSeedBox/Ultra.cc - absolutely superb service from my few months with them, just be aware of constraints with respect to public trackers. If you’re mostly on private trackers, you’ll have a great time.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited March 2022

@HuangLee said:

@iKeyZ said:

@deank said:

As others have said, it's Ultra.cc - used them on an off for a while, but had them for the past 6 months and 0 complaints. Always fast speeds, the apps install (and work as they should). I'd recommend them.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • sunnygsunnyg Member
    edited March 2022

If y'all like Ultra.cc, you should check out Whatbox as well. Its like Ultra but 5x better in every aspect: speed, support and stability, for a small premium. Ultra runs good but they have terrible disaster recovery and control. Here is an example https://www.reddit.com/r/seedboxes/comments/hl1oc1/ultraseedbox_postmortem/

Also they voluntarily blocked certain private trackers when no other company deemed this a threat makes it seems like there was a complaint filed against them that they've kept under wraps. https://torrentfreak.com/criminal-copyright-complaint-filed-against-bittorrent-seedbox-providers-211110/