Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which free control panel would you use for a production site? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which free control panel would you use for a production site?

124»

Comments

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Has anyone tried webinoly ?

• Is ServerAvatar a panel too?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@kidrock said: Is ServerAvatar a panel too?

Looks like it is a server manager with installation options. I wouldn't call it a control panel, but it comes close.

Thanked by 1kidrock
  • afnafn Member
    edited June 2022

Seems like few people here mentioned fastpanel.

Anyone got more experience with it and care to elaborate more please?

Is it reliable? It seems to have all options I need, and organized nicely to my liking. But it is not old enough like vestacp so I am not so sure if this panel can be trusted yet...

It is well maintained? (updates, patches, etc)

how do you get support for it? I see no support forum like sentora for example, nor a support email... only an email for sales...

• Then there's zeslecp.com - but I now use cloudpanel.io for all my WP sites.

• @MissFortune said:
    Then there's zeslecp.com - but I now use cloudpanel.io for all my WP sites.

Cloud panel seems cool and easy, wish they had Apache though.

• Wira_SoenaryoWira_Soenaryo Member
    edited June 2022

Using virtualmin so far so good.. no issue occur.

How's compare with aapanel or hestiacp? Anyone ever compare?

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited July 2022

For those using and liking aapanel, I just can't see why. It has more built in 'ads' for little upgrades that cost more than running cpanel!!
    I'm still backing hestiaCP, simple and with great performance, and unlike aapanel it is easy on the resources.

aap1

aap2

Thanked by 1adly
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited July 2022

@Arkas said:
    For those using and liking aapanel, I just can't see why. It has more built in 'ads' for little upgrades that cost more than running cpanel!!
    I'm still backing hestiaCP, simple and with great performance, and unlike aapanel it is easy on the resources.

aap1 aap2

its still 100% free, but they didnt use to have these shit ads.

otherwise still much easier to use and configure than hestiacp for a single user (i.e. one click install and UI configuration)

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@cybertech said: till much easier to use and configure than hestiacp for a single user

Hestia also uses a 1 click installer.

• @Arkas said:

@cybertech said: till much easier to use and configure than hestiacp for a single user

Hestia also uses a 1 click installer.

i was referring more to stuffs like php config / extensions, mysql , redis config etc.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

I don't usually host PHP, but recently I did some research for a friend and found that KeyHelp to be the most concise one, hestia is sometimes a little bit hand-wavy.

Thanked by 2Ympker Arkas
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Zerpy Best Hosting Panel ever, 10/10

• virtualmin

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@ericls said: I don't usually host PHP, but recently I did some research for a friend and found that KeyHelp to be the most concise one, hestia is sometimes a little bit hand-wavy.

That looks very interesting. Unfortunately the demo is in German. Is the software that you host in English?

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

@Arkas said:

@ericls said: I don't usually host PHP, but recently I did some research for a friend and found that KeyHelp to be the most concise one, hestia is sometimes a little bit hand-wavy.

That looks very interesting. Unfortunately the demo is in German. Is the software that you host in English?

Yea, I was looking at the English version.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited July 2022

@niranjan said:

@MissFortune said:
    Then there's zeslecp.com - but I now use cloudpanel.io for all my WP sites.

Cloud panel seems cool and easy, wish they had Apache though.

You can always fork the Community Edition and customize to suit for Apache2 see below.

• tjntjn Member

@vyas11 said:
    You can always fork the Community Edition and customize to suit for Apache2

Doesn’t seem to be any source code published anywhere?

https://github.com/cloudpanel-io/cloudpanel-ce

• vyas11vyas11 Member

@tjn said:

@vyas11 said:
    You can always fork the Community Edition and customize to suit for Apache2

Doesn’t seem to be any source code published anywhere?

https://github.com/cloudpanel-io/cloudpanel-ce

Unless I mixed up names with another “cloud” panel. It’s not Cloudron, will have to look up.

• verovero Member, Host Rep

@Arkas said:

Would you use one? If Yes/No, then why?

I personally probably would use (not using ATM) for my personal project, but not to put users on it, e.g. creating web hosting accounts.

To operate efficiently, one have to learn product very well. At larger scale free panels don't fit that well as it eventually costs less to get paid product with proper support or develop a custom one.

Some providers take free panels, like ISPConfig, and adapt for their needs. If it works for them, it's fine, but generally, in web hosting - paying quite small amount for commercial control panel can save tons of providers time.

Lifetime licenses were a blessing though..

• @vero said:

@Arkas said:

Would you use one? If Yes/No, then why?

I personally probably would use (not using ATM) for my personal project, but not to put users on it, e.g. creating web hosting accounts.

To operate efficiently, one have to learn product very well. At larger scale free panels don't fit that well as it eventually costs less to get paid product with proper support or develop a custom one.

Some providers take free panels, like ISPConfig, and adapt for their needs. If it works for them, it's fine, but generally, in web hosting - paying quite small amount for commercial control panel can save tons of providers time.

Lifetime licenses were a blessing though..

Sadly cPanel doesn't provide any lifetime licenses,

• I've only used Webmin ages ago when I was still learning the basics but other than that for a little while, I have never used control panels. What are the benefits if you don't say sell hosting packages?

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

Definitely Keyhelp.
    Why? There’s an active community behind it and it’s backend by a company that is using it in production.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@v3ng said: Definitely Keyhelp.

Actually Keyhelp Pro is better with 1 click installers and other features, but it isn't worth their asking price as you can get DirectAdmin plus & Softaculous for less.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

@Arkas said:

@v3ng said: Definitely Keyhelp.

Actually Keyhelp Pro is better with 1 click installers and other features, but it isn't worth their asking price as you can get DirectAdmin plus & Softaculous for less.

Yea that’s true, the asking price is a bit too high for the few additional features.
    But most cases are fine with the free version, you’re pretty much only missing out on the one click installer

But I’d still recommend it, I never had so little issues with a software

Thanked by 1Arkas