Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which free control panel would you use for a production site? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which free control panel would you use for a production site?

Comments

• ehabehab Member

@cybertech said:

@ehab said:

@davenz said:
    CloudPanel.io is pretty good if you don't need email

i like it because its also Free #winky#

does it have php(8.1)redis?

I have no idea man- i was just trying to hit davenz on the balls.

• KodisKodis Member

Directadmin is the best choice

• @MikeA said:
    CyberPanel is one of the best options for free imo, it's come a long way over the past year.
    @vovler said:

@MikeA said: CyberPanel

Yet, OpenLiteSpeed crashes for me from time to time when I use CyberPanel :(

Me either, May try it later again since "it's come a long way over the past year."

• aaPanel, but thinking to migrate because their log system is annoying.

Using moss.sh too for other project.

• FritzFritz Veteran

Free Panel : aaPanel

Semi-Free Panel : DirectAdmin

Paid : Plesk-Onyx

• Try hestiacp / ispconfig /froxlor
    All of them are regularly updated with active support.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • eriseris Member

@hzhoanglee said:
    Any recommendation for shell based control panel with LAMP or LAMP stack?

HestiaCP

• Tony40Tony40 Member
    edited March 2022

Keyhelp .... is the best free web panel., but it only run on Debian & Ubuntu .

https://www.keyhelp.de/en/

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

We're using Hestiacp for a client. works as expected.

Thanked by 2Falzo Arkas
  • @Ahfaiahkid said: I asked the cyberpanel dev on discord last year, he said they were engaging rack911 to audit their panel, not sure what is the progress on that.

Those were solved but yet pretty serious vulnerability exists that can lead to RCE.

• I use virtualmin.. but only enable it when needed and disable again after finish using.

• @Boogeyman said:

@Ahfaiahkid said: I asked the cyberpanel dev on discord last year, he said they were engaging rack911 to audit their panel, not sure what is the progress on that.

Those were solved but yet pretty serious vulnerability exists that can lead to RCE.

Can you prove your statement? I use cyberpanel on some domains

• Directadmin but Hestia would be my second if they support ipv6 out of the box

• AcacyAcacy Member

Been using hestiacp 2years ++ as sftp backup server 😁

Auto update work smoothly 👍

In the other hand cyberpanel had issue with LE cert everytime updates

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited March 2022

How often do you even use the panel? Have you considered just not using one? Not an option in some cases of course (e.g. if you host other people)

A lot of the free panels are written in PHP and have major security issues, like no privilege separation (i.e. all the PHP code the user interacts with runs as root and directly executes commands and edits files to control the server), increasing the risk of RCE.

• nemnem Member, Host Rep

@Daniel15 said: like no privilege separation (i.e. all the PHP code the user interacts with runs as root and directly executes commands

Eh, that's an implementation concern that isn't limited to PHP. It's a simplified approach and exists even with SaaS solutions.

Thanked by 1devp
  • @nem said:

@Daniel15 said: like no privilege separation (i.e. all the PHP code the user interacts with runs as root and directly executes commands

Eh, that's an implementation concern that isn't limited to PHP. It's a simplified approach and exists even with SaaS solutions.

Yeah I'm not saying that it's an issue that's exclusive to PHP, just that I've seen it often with PHP-based panels. You probably don't want a "simplified approach" with something that can delete all the sites on your server :tongue:

• CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

@ehab said:

@cybertech said:

@ehab said:

@davenz said:
    CloudPanel.io is pretty good if you don't need email

i like it because its also Free #winky#

does it have php(8.1)redis?

I have no idea man- i was just trying to hit davenz on the balls.

Ha ha thank God you missed :smiley:

Thanked by 1ehab
  • ehabehab Member

@davenz said:

Thanked by 1CoastHosting
  • @zenks said:

@Jorbox said:
    Hestiacp aka vestacp

it is not. hestiacp are fork from vestacp and different guys.

i am using hestiacp also for production site. why? its nice, easy to maintain. and have active support for their product

I know that they have fixed some security issues and added a file manager for free but I meant the panel itself its the same core, being a form doesn't mean its a different panel.

• @vovler said: Can you prove your statement? I use cyberpanel on some domains

I can but I will not because if I prove myself I will have to leak the vulnerability here on LET. But I can give you out a safety tips. Its an authenticated RCE meaning if someone wants to hack it they must have user level access to the panel dashboard from where they can attempt to RCE. Then it would lead to complete system takeover. So you don't want to give anyone access and keep the dashboard only accessible to you(bad you can't use the reseller feature/use as shared host). This one is a major flaw and has been there for long time and I know how it was dealt with.

• aapanel, I think it's the best of free panel.

• zenkszenks Member

@Jorbox said:

@zenks said:

@Jorbox said:
    Hestiacp aka vestacp

it is not. hestiacp are fork from vestacp and different guys.

i am using hestiacp also for production site. why? its nice, easy to maintain. and have active support for their product

I know that they have fixed some security issues and added a file manager for free but I meant the panel itself its the same core, being a form doesn't mean its a different panel.

yeah i mean like that. 🤫
    anyway theres some core modification i notice. but still same call name like 'v-add-xxx'

hestiacp good working panel. i used cyberpanel, plenty bug, no error log, some work some dont like backup.

• Try myVesta
    Feel the power!

• KodisKodis Member

@Tony40 said:
    Keyhelp .... is the best free web panel., but it only run on Debian & Ubuntu .

https://www.keyhelp.de/en/

yeah keyhelp is good, but so far only Apache no nginx or apache_nginx

Thanked by 1adly
  • I haven't had any problems yet with https://myvestacp.com/

• If it is my own code, I would use docker to deploy. Otherwise, hestiacp :)

Thanked by 2Falzo eris
  • zhizhi Member

aaPanel

• bznclodbznclod Member

HestiaCP is lightweight and easy to use. It's what I'd recommend in 2022 . It's either that or Virtual min. If you're on a small server, go with LEMP stack on hestia.
    Here's how to set up Hestia LEMP

• SpinServersSpinServers Member, Host Rep

I would say Webmin/Virtualmin is the best free control panel on the market right now. CyberPanel would be a hard number 2. I believe they are redesigning the theme and they have already done the website.

Thanked by 1Howdy_Stranger