Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which free control panel would you use for a production site? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which free control panel would you use for a production site?

Comments

• From the first view, cyberpanel is a great panel. But it does not for all of mine projects for years. Common problems: crashes, and unpredictable and untraceable behavior which leads into not working websites or upgrades of cyberpanel, or even hacked websites.

Right now I'm using hestiaCP, with their secret magic ⇾ templates.
    https://docs.hestiacp.com/admin_docs/web.html#how-do-web-templates-work

Output: nice UI + full control of how configured web-server & PHP for my website.
    Hassle-free. Nice, easy, and fully traceable, controllable, easy to edit / navigate / trace / debug.

• DeanDean Member

CloudPanel.io

• Webmin/Virtualmin in production for almost 18 years so far so good

aaPanel is good for a newbie, you can also try https://fastpanel.direct/ if you want something easy and interactive

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • I tried many free panels and ended up using aaPanel for my production websites with no issues.

• AnayxAnayx Member

Cyberpanel free forever .

• qebaqeba Member

@Egyarmy said:
    I tried many free panels and ended up using aaPanel for my production websites with no issues.

Yes vote for aaPanel, i think some people said after you install you should block the traffic from China.

Thanked by 1Egyarmy
  • AndrewSSDAndrewSSD Member, Host Rep

Did you tried fastpanel ?

• CyberPanel

• @sonic said:
    free panel
    production websites

Oh no

why is that?
    you can run production sites without any control panel

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • A terminal-based LEMP from my country.
    That worked great without any issue.
    https://hostvn.vn/

• I use KeyHelp

• eriseris Member

HestiaCP

• redcatredcat Member

Webmin but disable public access.

• Cloudpanel.io v2

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@hzhoanglee said: A terminal-based LEMP from my country.

Wasn't vpssim also made by someone in Viet Nam?

https://github.com/itvn9online/vpssim-free

I remember playing with it and thinking it was cool but I think it died.

• raviravi Member

@MissFortune said:
    Cloudpanel.io v2

I have used this and liked it.
    But it doesn't support mail.

• zcorpszcorps Member

no body talking about Hestia CP ????

• if i want to use OLS, i guess the choice are only between cyberpanel and aapanel..

• zenkszenks Member

moving from cyberpanel to hestiacp

Thanked by 1eris
  • @raindog308 said:

@hzhoanglee said: A terminal-based LEMP from my country.

Wasn't vpssim also made by someone in Viet Nam?

https://github.com/itvn9online/vpssim-free

I remember playing with it and thinking it was cool but I think it died.

Yes. VPSSIM was made by someone in Vietnam. And yes, it has died for several years since people moving to cPanel and DA. And also the rise of free CP like aaPanel or Cyberpanel.

• @qeba said:

@Egyarmy said:
    I tried many free panels and ended up using aaPanel for my production websites with no issues.

Yes vote for aaPanel, i think some people said after you install you should block the traffic from China.

I have never seen an increase in traffic from China, the only downside is that it doesn't offer a reseller option.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Open source: Hestia is quality control panel

Paid: Plesk is simple to use for customers.

Thanked by 1eris
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

My experiemnt with Cyberpanel was good. Not too exciting, just good. In the end, I ended up buying a DirectAdmin license for the production sites, as I just didn't trust the free ones I had experimented with, including aapanel. Hestia was a surprise, as I found it just a bit better than all other free ones so far.

Thanked by 1eris

@Arkas said:
    My experiemnt with Cyberpanel was good. Not too exciting, just good. In the end, I ended up buying a DirectAdmin license for the production sites, as I just didn't trust the free ones I had experimented with, including aapanel. Hestia was a surprise, as I found it just a bit better than all other free ones so far.

Hestia allow to modify the templates and location of the folders, so easy to get a custom server. We have tested Cyberpanel in past and update of version crashed test server - so just moved on.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@WebProject said: Paid: Plesk is simple to use for customers.

You find Plesk easier than DA (for end users)?

@Arkas said:

@WebProject said: Paid: Plesk is simple to use for customers.

You find Plesk easier than DA (for end users)?

I think it’s very easy to manage hosting account, especially with WP module as module allow to install and update and secure WP installation.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@WebProject said: especially with WP module as module allow to install and update and secure WP installation.

But so does softaculous which is cheap and many end users know how to use it, I mean it's idiot proof.

Thanked by 1Egyarmy
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

I would recommend not using a panel when running production sites. I believe that they're just a waste of resources.

• SpeedTestSpeedTest Member
    edited June 2022

@FatGrizzly said: I would recommend not using a panel when running production sites. I believe that they're just a waste of resources.

If you are running production sites on a tiny 256 VPS server, then I agree

but not all super-duper admins like you, there are very few such admins here

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@SpeedTest said:

@FatGrizzly said: I would recommend not using a panel when running production sites. I believe that they're just a waste of resources.

If you are running production sites on a tiny 256 VPS server, then I agree

but not all super-duper admins like you, there are very few such admins here

Even if you run on a dedicated, saving those resources for another php process is good. But i do agree with your second statement.