Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

0,50€/TB Storage ? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

0,50€/TB Storage ?

13»

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

All I need is around 4 ~ 6TB, so I just keep them in my cold storage 1U rig in basement.

Why do they need so much?

• SagnikSSagnikS Member, Host Rep

@Advin said: P.S. If you want to feel a little less bad, Dropbox also has their "unlimited" storage plans for $25/month/user (3 user minimum). They have soft limits, but support will raise it for free (usually 5-10TB at a time). After you cancel, they even keep your storage which you can then download (but not upload more).

Unfortunately, there are reports of Dropbox suspending/banning accounts and not responding. A google search brings up multiple such reports, even seemingly legitimate users were affected :(

• afnafn Member
    edited February 2022

@SagnikS said: Unfortunately, there are reports of Dropbox suspending/banning accounts and not responding. A google search brings up multiple such reports, even seemingly legitimate users were affected

So is any cloud "service". They own your data when you store it on their servers. There is always a trick. It is not cheap for nothing.

Servers are more expensive, but 10 times safer, tho, not 100% safe because a provider can still terminate your account and suspend you. With the right provider, the risk is lower.

Safest? BYO at home. you can't have reliable/safe, abusable, functional/usable, and cheap. Pick one or 2 at best.

if you abuse storage limit and pricing bcz they keep over quota data, you should always expect it might go bad.

Hubic for example is cheap, not usable, what goes in, remains in.
    1fichier, not reliable, can suspend you due to a system glitch. support is trash (the people themselves are trash). You get what you pay for. or more precisely, you don't get what you didn't pay for.
    Pulsedmedia: raid 0, not 100% reliable storage and the list is long...

• @afn said:

@SagnikS said: Unfortunately, there are reports of Dropbox suspending/banning accounts and not responding. A google search brings up multiple such reports, even seemingly legitimate users were affected

So is any cloud "service". They own your data when you store it on their servers. There is always a trick. It is not cheap for nothing.

Servers are more expensive, but 10 times safer, tho, not 100% safe because a provider can still terminate your account and suspend you. With the right provider, the risk is lower.

Safest? BYO at home. you can't have reliable/safe, abusable, functional/usable, and cheap. Pick one or 2 at best.

if you abuse storage limit and pricing bcz they keep over quota data, you should always expect it might go bad.

Hubic for example is cheap, not usable, what goes in, remains in.
    1fichier, not reliable, can suspend you due to a system glitch. support is trash (the people themselves are trash). You get what you pay for. or more precisely, you don't get what you didn't pay for.
    Pulsedmedia: raid 0, not 100% reliable storage and the list is long...

Is hubic still around?

• afnafn Member
    edited February 2022

@xetsys said: Is hubic still around?

It does not matter, I Just used it as an example to illustrate my point.

But to answer your question: No new customers, only serving existing ones.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@afn said:
    @Advin

Thanks for the info you shared here! Interesting!

I am still a bit suspicious, I know google does not enforce a limit on entreprise plans, but as far as I was told, it does exists, it is just not enforced (it's like not every criminal has been caught and jailed, law is not always enforced). Though your run at the risk of data being deleted at any time afaik. Maybe my source of information was not correct, idk :no_mouth:

Example:

https://www.dreamhost.com/products/email/google-workspace/

Google Workspace Business Standard : they say "2 TB pooled storage per user
    ", but if you upload more than 2TB it still works?

On google official website:
    it says the following for entreprise:

*Google will provide an initial 5 TB of pooled storage for each user. Customers who want additional storage can request it as needed by contacting Google Support.

So it means you have to manually contact them if you want more storage ?

Google Workspace Business Standard is different from Gsuite Business. Gsuite Business is an older plan that cannot be purchased anymore with unlimited storage (minimum of 5 users, but never enforced) for $12/month. Google Workspace Business Standard is part of the new "workspace" plans.

I haven't had to contact Google support for raising any limits, yet :)

• @Advin said:

@afn said:
    @Advin

Thanks for the info you shared here! Interesting!

I am still a bit suspicious, I know google does not enforce a limit on entreprise plans, but as far as I was told, it does exists, it is just not enforced (it's like not every criminal has been caught and jailed, law is not always enforced). Though your run at the risk of data being deleted at any time afaik. Maybe my source of information was not correct, idk :no_mouth:

Example:

https://www.dreamhost.com/products/email/google-workspace/

Google Workspace Business Standard : they say "2 TB pooled storage per user
    ", but if you upload more than 2TB it still works?

On google official website:
    it says the following for entreprise:

*Google will provide an initial 5 TB of pooled storage for each user. Customers who want additional storage can request it as needed by contacting Google Support.

So it means you have to manually contact them if you want more storage ?

Google Workspace Business Standard is different from Gsuite Business. Gsuite Business is an older plan that cannot be purchased anymore with unlimited storage (minimum of 5 users, but never enforced) for $12/month. Google Workspace Business Standard is part of the new "workspace" plans.

I haven't had to contact Google support for raising any limits, yet :)

You can say google never enforced it right now, but next year who know.. lol..

• I'm looking for the same thing, please let me know if you find it.

• @Advin said:

@dararish said:
    @Advin How do you checkout with the enterprise plan? Their site tells me to contact sales

You need to get a normal plan and then upgrade from there.

Thank you, very cool! :smile:

It's pretty fast so far, and I'm probably not gonna upload too much data but knowing that I won't get capped(or charged for downloading my backups) is very good for my mental health.